Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2021, 09:11   #2746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
I completed a 800 kms round trip on my new 1.4 DDCT compass. Prior to this highway trip the car was driven in city for about 100 kms. Few observations:
Overall quite happy with the car. Did not feel tired at all at the end of continuous 6 hours journey, which was never the case in the past with my i10.
I would definitely agree to this. I feel between all the noise of Diesel engines performance and talks of mileage, Petrol AT is largely ignored. Yes Petrol AT doesn't have great mileage but it does perform so amazing. Since the day I purchased Petrol AT, never felt need of more power on highway or local.

Also, I wonder why nobody talks about the cabin insulation of Jeep Petrol.

I have never sat in such a peaceful cabin in any of the car below 30 lacs. It is so peaceful that even if a truck pass by your car, you don't hear anything inside the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3thknell View Post
Thats weird. I did not receive any discount on my Sports purchase. They did offer 90k discount on Longitude which I did not opt for. Maybe the discount varies from dealer to dealer or perhaps city to city.
Luckily I got approx 1 lac INR discount on Sport DDCT from PPS Bangalore.

Guess they have many vehicles standing at the stockyard and they must sell them soon to avoid taxes.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

We advise you to read the Forum Rules and Posting Etiquettes before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th September 2021 at 10:49. Reason: Mod note attached.
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 16:53   #2747
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hi Folks,

Have any of you installed a dashcam in your compass? If yes, it'd be great if you can give me some specifics on how the wire routing was done. Thanks in advance!
Old 19th September 2021, 18:28   #2748
BHPian

I was just checking the website and it looks as though they have changed/deleted a few features variant wise.
What immediately came to my notice was no alloys on the Sport variant and the Limited variant getting black instead of tan dashboard and black leather seats.
Have asked the Landmark guys to check and get back.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 20:51   #2749
MSJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
I was just checking the website and it looks as though they have changed/deleted a few features variant wise.
+1, The updated specification is also available on the website, looks like the Launch of the Trailhawk version is around the corner .
Old 20th September 2021, 07:38   #2750
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the communication regarding the price hike. As per the sales advisor, this hike will be around 25K on the Ex Showroom price.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1091
Size:  39.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3thknell View Post
Thats weird. I did not receive any discount on my Sports purchase. They did offer 90k discount on Longitude which I did not opt for. Maybe the discount varies from dealer to dealer or perhaps city to city.
The discount on Sports variant was on the unsold stocks. But the one on Longitude is on fresh stocks as well.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 08:40   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here is the communication regarding the price hike. As per the sales advisor, this hike will be around 25K on the Ex Showroom price.

Attachment 2209400

The discount on Sports variant was on the unsold stocks. But the one on Longitude is on fresh stocks as well.
I think the recent GST change on metal ore will add to the flames. I hope manufacturers realise that price hikes usually will reach a point of diminishing returns eventually.

Also isn't this usually the industry tactic just before commencement of festive season? Raise the prices and then roll out "festive offers" or "discounts" that effectively are just an eyewash
Old 20th September 2021, 19:13   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
What immediately came to my notice was no alloys on the Sport variant and the Limited variant getting black instead of tan dashboard and black leather seats.
I don't see it on the website. As per the model/variant comparison pdf available on the site, no change in the feature distribution.

Can you guide me to the link, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealAbhinavRajp View Post
Luckily I got approx 1 lac INR discount on Sport DDCT from PPS Bangalore.

Guess they have many vehicles standing at the stockyard and they must sell them soon to avoid taxes.
Did you buy it recently? I've inquired with them today and am told the discount is for Longitude only. I was considering the sport manual but there's no discount.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th September 2021 at 19:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 10:45   #2753
BHPian

Hello vinodvaddi...here is the link
https://www.jeep-india.com/new-compa...fications.html
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 12:06   #2754
BHPian

Guys, I have query. Is there a possibility for Jeep Compass to introduce a 4*2 diesel automatic in 2022. Was thinking, that post XUV700 launch, Jeep would need to have some price alignment to keep numbers ticking up. Jeep may not be able to reduce pricing on the 4*4, as it would dilute the brand value and create a negative customer experience. I was thinking if Jeep may want to introduce a 4*2 automatic, which would reduce the price of the car by 3 Lakhs and people who dont off-road can buy a Jeep Diesel. Also if Jeep can introduce a 4*2 automatic in the Sport trim, they have a chance to target Creta/ Seltos - higher trim customers. Does any one any insights on Jeeps plans
Old 21st September 2021, 13:58   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Is there a possibility for Jeep Compass to introduce a 4*2 diesel automatic in 2022.
I was told by a Jeep sales rep that, Jeep doesn't have a diesel automatic anywhere else. Our market forced them to launch one here but that resulted in higher cost (probably because they had to source it from ZF). So, to make it a better deal, they clubbed it with 4x4.

I'm not sure how much of that is true, but chances of 4x2 diesel auto seem slim to me.

Quote:
Hello vinodvaddi...here is the link
https://www.jeep-india.com/new-compa...fications.html
This is strange. The specifications list is not matching with variant comparison info given on the same site. Jeep dealers have no information on this either.
In fact, my sales rep told me there'll be no changes for few years at least.

P.S. As per the new specifications list, 'active turn signals' removed from the entire range of compass.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd September 2021 at 08:51. Reason: Please take your time & reply to all posts in one go, instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
vinodvaddi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:35   #2756
BHPian

Hello,
Can fellow Jeep Compass owners confirm this:
When headlamp is set to Auto position during day time, there are no DRL lighting up. When dark, full led lights along with DRL light up. It is only when headlamp is set at parked position that DRL light up during the day.
In most other cars (confirmed in the Venue), DRL are always on in auto setting.
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:46   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bineet_D View Post
Hello,
Can fellow Jeep Compass owners confirm this:
When headlamp is set to Auto position during day time, there are no DRL lighting up. When dark, full led lights along with DRL light up. It is only when headlamp is set at parked position that DRL light up during the day.
In most other cars (confirmed in the Venue), DRL are always on in auto setting.
Yeah, I have noticed this too. I leave the headlamps to 'Auto' and the DRLs come on sometimes and sometimes they don't. It seems to be situation-dependent as to when the DRLs come on, like maybe the time of day or rather the ambient daylight outside.
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:12   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Yeah, I have noticed this too. I leave the headlamps to 'Auto' and the DRLs come on sometimes and sometimes they don't. It seems to be situation-dependent as to when the DRLs come on, like maybe the time of day or rather the ambient daylight outside.
Yes. I confirmed the same with the showroom who checked the vehicles in stock & found that DRL not lighting up during day time in auto mode. Even he was very surprised with this.
Strange isn't it. DRLs are supposed to be always on, but our auto headlamps does not work that way & we have to manually set headlamp position to park position everytime.
I hope they can change this using a software update.
Bineet_D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 20:39   #2759

I'm considering buying a used compass Limited+ MT (2018) from a jeep dealer. It still has 2 years of extended warranty left. I've test drove it extensively, and loved the feel of it. It has got a clean service history, & the dealer has agreed to perform the yearly service before delivery.
The negotiations are stuck at ~17L right now, I'm wondering if this is too high. Looking for valuable inputs from existing owners & experts here!
Old 26th September 2021, 09:28   #2760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Guys, I have query. Is there a possibility for Jeep Compass to introduce a 4*2 diesel automatic in 2022. Was thinking, that post XUV700 launch, Jeep would need to have some price alignment to keep numbers ticking up. Jeep may not be able to reduce pricing on the 4*4, as it would dilute the brand value and create a negative customer experience. I was thinking if Jeep may want to introduce a 4*2 automatic, which would reduce the price of the car by 3 Lakhs and people who dont off-road can buy a Jeep Diesel. Also if Jeep can introduce a 4*2 automatic in the Sport trim, they have a chance to target Creta/ Seltos - higher trim customers. Does any one any insights on Jeeps plans

I dont think Jeep takes Mahindra XUV as a competitor.
In reality though some people might be deciding between these two products. But Jeep would not want to benchmark itself with Mahindra.

Also, Jeep doesnt seems to care about the sales number much. FCA’s profits earned from India would be negligible. Probably they are ij India just for presence sake.
While driving jeep compass it does feels like it has been designed for Asian markets. Jeep doest care I think.
Iceman33 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks