Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 13:22   #3586
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

After months of test driving several cars, we've finally welcomed the Jeep Compass Petrol to our home.
This will be our first petrol car in since perhaps 2001, and our first automatic overall so both my father and I are struggling to drive it efficiently

Overall we're extremely pleased with the vehicle and Landmark Jeep's sales experience. Total damage to wallet was approximately 30.3l (Delhi On-road) which included footmats, side steps, a car cover and sun shades.

Any tips on extracting a half decent mileage would be extremely welcome! So far we're getting 6-8.5 kmpl on short runs (avg speed 20 kmph or less).

A quick run on the elevated expressway near Ghaziabad got us 15kmpl average with our driving style so there's some hope there!

I'll be happy to answer any questions should you guys have any!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20220515_181505.jpg
sid3091 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:37   #3587

Hi Guys, is there another hike in the Compass prices. Carwale shows 27.28L on Road for the Longitude Variant. It used to be Little over 25L few days back.
Old 19th May 2022, 21:42   #3588
BHPian

Hey guys, has anyone figured out how to fit a dashcam onto the Jeep compass? I believe hardwiring it causes issues, but the blaupunkt dashcam we have doesn't seem to be getting powered by the USB-A port in the car.
Will I have to purchase a new dashcam? (If so, which one is recommended?)

Also it's infuriating that the only 12v car socket in the compass is at the rear.
Old 20th May 2022, 00:55   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hey guys, has anyone figured out how to fit a dashcam onto the Jeep compass? I believe hardwiring it causes issues, but the blaupunkt dashcam we have doesn't seem to be getting powered by the USB-A port in the car.

Also it's infuriating that the only 12v car socket in the compass is at the rear.
I had a transcend dashcam which I wasn’t able to fit and got a new one from Viofo. The length of the cable was long enough to reach the back lighter socket
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-3cdca8ee5dd1405fbcb5587f874898c0.jpeg  

AbhishekMushran is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 10:52   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
I had a transcend dashcam which I wasn’t able to fit and got a new one from Viofo. The length of the cable was long enough to reach the back lighter socket
Please do let us know how you did the installation and if possible a review of the dashcam. Also is it possible to connect it to a power bank to enable park mode?
Old 21st May 2022, 20:10   #3591
BHPian

For the benefit of all NCR Jeep community:

As per my contact at Landmark Noida (Sector-63), the workshop/service centre located right behind the showroom is scheduled to be operational from Monday i.e., 23 May 2022 onwards!

Will be a relief for a lot of people!
Old 22nd May 2022, 22:37   #3592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki9009 View Post
Please do let us know how you did the installation and if possible a review of the dashcam. Also is it possible to connect it to a power bank to enable park mode?
Hey got the installation done from a shop in Pune. The seller on amazon was kind enough to let me know the list of installers for the dashcam. All the wires are concealed & not visible. This was the only dashcam that i found which had a cable that was long enough to reach the lighter socket at the back.
I have not tried to enable the park mode option, but as per the seller it was possible. Have been using the dash camera for a month now & it has worked without any flaws. The photo clarity both at night & dark was quite good & the number plate was visible both during the night & day as well.

Another update: The car has just completed 10K today. It took 7 months to complete this milestone. No complaints from the car so far & thankfully no issues with the rattles as well.

Sharing some photos from the dashcamera as well
Attached Images

AbhishekMushran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 23:22   #3593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey got the installation done from a shop in Pune. The seller on amazon was kind enough to let me know the list of installers for the dashcam. All the wires are concealed & not visible. This was the only dashcam that i found which had a cable that was long enough to reach the lighter socket at the back.
I have not tried to enable the park mode option, but as per the seller it was possible. Have been using the dash camera for a month now & it has worked without any flaws. The photo clarity both at night & dark was quite good & the number plate was visible both during the night & day as well.

Another update: The car has just completed 10K today. It took 7 months to complete this milestone. No complaints from the car so far & thankfully no issues with the rattles as well.

Sharing some photos from the dashcamera as well

Looks like a good option. How much did you pay for the camera and from where is it available.

Also please share a picture of where it is plugged into for power. Does the new JC have a cigarette lighter point at the back? Please share a picture of where exactly is it located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post

I was not aware that the new JC has the cigarette lighter point at the back. Where exactly is it located in the back, is it in the boot or in the centre console facing the rear seats. A picture of the point would be really helpful.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th June 2022 at 10:07. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old 22nd May 2022, 23:34   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Hi all. I have just taken delivery of a sport MT 1.4 petrol compass. Will put a detailed buying and ownership experience soon. I just have a query. The dealership gave me an 'Essential information guide' and a quick start guide. In the guide it is mentioned that for service details refer to the 'sevice and warranty booklet'. On asking the dealership sales executive i was told that Jeep does not issue any separate service and warranty booklet. In that case how do i keep a record of the services done? He told me no customer is issued any service booklets. Can existing owners please confirm if this is indeed the case? Thanks.
Quote:
i am told by the dealer that jeep life app does not work for sport variant. Also my VIN comes up as invalid on jeep life app
Yes, there is no separate service and warranty booklet. I got a Sport Petrol DDCT recently. The JeepLife app needs to be activated (made available for Sport variant as well) with your VIN number which should work in 2-3 days time after delivery. It shows the next service due date, your car details etc. However, the connectivity options are not there, which are available for higher variants.
If you want to get connectivity as an option in Sport, a MOPAR modem separately needs to be bought (Rs. 30K) from them. There is a youtube video on that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I was not aware that the new JC has the cigarette lighter point at the back. Where exactly is it located in the back, is it in the boot or in the centre console facing the rear seats. A picture of the point would be really helpful.
It is below all the other ports and AC vents at the back. Saw it with a bit of difficulty. I need it to operate my tire inflator.

Quote:
i am told by the dealer that jeep life app does not work for sport variant. Also my VIN comes up as invalid on jeep life app
You may check on your VIN at this link:
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

This is from the group, and it helps to get if your VIN is registered properly with them with the valid equipment list.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th June 2022 at 10:08. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
car-go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 23:56   #3595
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a good option. How much did you pay for the camera and from where is it available.

Also please share a picture of where it is plugged into for power. Does the new JC have a cigarette lighter point at the back? Please share a picture of where exactly is it located.
Quote:
The lighter socket on the 2022 models is under the rear AC vents. Will try to share the photos tomorrow

Got it from Amazon for 25k also got some cash back. Currently it’s cheaper on the Viofo website by 2k so that will be a better option.

https://viofo.in/product/viofo-t130-...shcam-with-ir/

Last edited by AbhishekMushran : 23rd May 2022 at 00:21.
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 00:08   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lighter socket on the 2022 models is under the rear AC vents. Will try to share the photos tomorrow
Thanks, I have the 2020 AT 4x4 LP variant and thankfully the socket is in front. I just did a Viofo A119 V3 install yesterday and it was a breeze. I used the USB socket in the front console and it works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-go View Post
It is below all the other ports and AC vents at the back. Saw it with a bit of difficulty. I need it to operate my tire inflator.
Thanks, I wish they provided one in the boot area. That is really useful for things like the tire inflator etc. I think the Australian version and the Australian Trailhawk have it in the boot also.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th June 2022 at 10:09. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 06:58   #3597
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I wish they provided one in the boot area. That is really useful for things like the tire inflator etc. I think the Australian version and the Australian Trailhawk have it in the boot also.
Then I would have to check if there is one in the boot area. Not sure if other TBhpians have got it; did not find in any of the forums yet.
Old 23rd May 2022, 22:13   #3598
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am seriously considering Compass Petrol AT. However, I heard that the A.S.S is not up to the mark. My better half did a quick search on google & read many bad experiences. So I would like to know firsthand from the owner, especially those who have Compass for a long time about their A.S.S experience. TIA.
Old 24th May 2022, 22:27   #3599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Hi Guys,
I am seriously considering Compass Petrol AT. However, I heard that the A.S.S is not up to the mark. My better half did a quick search on google & read many bad experiences. So I would like to know firsthand from the owner, especially those who have Compass for a long time about their A.S.S experience. TIA.
I have done 6-7 services at PPS Motors, all good so far and I don't have any complaints.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 21:57   #3600
BHPian

Quote:

Attaching the photo of the lighter socket at the backseat as well
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-backseat.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks