Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 09:45   #3676
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothercar View Post
AVN units of many brands are not covered under extended warranty. This includes Hyundai Creta 2016. My AVN turned hazy to milky and couldn't be replaced as it was excluded in extended warranty papers. Later the car also managed to shed it's white exterior and turned green.

On other hand, My friends Mahindra XUV500 2015 had the AVN unit replaced under extended warranty. So you can refer to your papers. If its excluded, chances are slim for a replacement.
Yeah. Their argument is functional is working else they could have replaced it. This is just a 'visual' issue without any impact on functionality. You can see the 3rd party's feedback after the review.
However the warranty detail does not specifically say this (although I am not sure if this statement 'Inconsequential aspects such as noises, vibrations, moisture entry and sensations that could not lead to dismal product function or performance.' relates to the issue I have).
I attached the same in this chat. I am using this to send messages to Twitter, FB, Insta and what all I can...nothing for me to loose.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-stereo-issue.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf EW Coverages.pdf (136.1 KB, 582 views)

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 28th June 2022 at 09:58.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 14:11   #3677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hi friends,

My XUV 5OO (MT AWD) will be completing 6 years in a couple of months,
The other car in the garage is an AT CVT Jazz.
With offices opening up will need a capable replacement to the XUV.

Citroën a brand is almost non existent.

Tuscon facelift is taking longer than it takes wives to get ready for a party.

XUV 7OO wait is even longer.

The JC seems a good upgrade ( Model S 4X4 AT ).

My two comments / reservations :

1. Is the second row space too cramped.

2. Is the AT gearbox really that sluggish,

Any comments would be useful, as the JC still remains the No. 1 contender for an upgrade.

Thanks!
Dear all happy to announce have booked the
COMPASS MODEL S (O2) 4X4 2.0D AT TECHNO METALLIC GREEN+GREY ROOF

I will be upgrading from the XUV and did not bother testing any other car.
None can match this particular segment.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 29th June 2022 at 14:39. Reason: grammer
vinitbhavi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 16:49   #3678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoosh View Post
Hello! Recently I took delivery of Trailhawk, It indeed is a very good performer on all kind of roads, However one thing which keeps bugging me is the high Engine noise filtering into cabin(If music is off it is very distinctive and apparently irritating), is this something normal or could be particular to my car only.
It is the case with all diesel models of Compass. I have a model S and have the same exact problem. Gets bad once you cross 80-90..

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
To all jeep experts, one of my friend is evaluating a pre-worshipped Compass 2018 Limited 2.0 Diesel Manual done about 26k kms for himself. He test drove it today and found the car to be good enough.

Anything that he should check before taking the plunge?.
Please ask him to check the condition of fuel pump. Seems to be an issue with ~4 year old Compass. It has the potential to set him back quite a bit.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 29th June 2022 at 16:56. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts; please use the Edit/Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
sheelapratosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 19:59   #3679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Anything that he should check before taking the plunge?
It would be good to have extended warranty.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 15:40   #3680

I am in the market for a new car and the Jeep Compass (diesel) is amongst the shortlist. For comparison, I am a happy owner of Ford Ecosport (diesel).

I immediately felt at home inside the cabin of the compass. Coming from ecosport, I loved the drive, handling and steering feedback. Overall, I felt that the compass could be a spiritual successor of the ecosport. But my biggest gripe is that the compass is almost 3x of what I paid for the ecosport in 2019. Even with the inflation, this does not feel like a 3x upgrade.

The three major gripes I had were with the NVH level, cooling capacity and the backseat comfort. The NVH levels were quite high and honestly, irritating. I drive without the music on and I am not sure how much of a pain would it be on the long drives. Backsheet was at par with the ecosport - both the cars can seat at best 2 adults in comfort in the back sheet. One more factor was the cooling capacity of the AC - it took a lot of time for the cabin to cool down.

Finally, if anyone from Gurgaon can share experiences with the service centre in Gurgaon.
Old 1st July 2022, 15:56   #3681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisekkhanna View Post
I am in the market for a new car and the Jeep Compass (diesel) is amongst the shortlist. For comparison, I am a happy owner of Ford Ecosport (diesel).
Do test the Citroen C5 Aircross before taking a final decision. The C5, although priced even higher than the Compass, comes from Stellantis, the same brand group as Jeep; C5 has a much better NVH, comfortable ride quality and a sorted engine-auto gearbox combo; moreover it doesn't carry over the niggles of the Compass. Due to overall low sales of the C5, you may be able to extract a good discount (the Feel variant may provide better discount, do check on the dealer)
Old 1st July 2022, 16:13   #3682

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Do test the Citroen C5 Aircross before taking a final decision. )
This is a company car and the max budget on the road is 30 lacs.
abhisekkhanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:59   #3683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I immediately felt at home inside the cabin of the compass. Coming from ecosport, I loved the drive, handling and steering feedback. Overall, I felt that the compass could be a spiritual successor of the ecosport. But my biggest gripe is that the compass is almost 3x of what I paid for the ecosport in 2019. Even with the inflation, this does not feel like a 3x upgrade.
Compass is clearly one and half (if not 2) segments higher than Ecosport and there is no comparison between 2. Compass is a much superior product in every way. If Ecosport was still selling today, a mid variant diesel automatic would have costed 14 lakhs OTR. So a comparison should be done from that pricing than what you bought at, considering the way car prices have gone up in last couple of years.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 22:44   #3684

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Compass is clearly one and half (if not 2) segments higher than Ecosport and there is no comparison between 2. Compass is a much superior product in every way.
True! It just seems too much to pay 30l and still be stuck with a 4 seater the home minister will not be pleased at all.
Old 2nd July 2022, 01:19   #3685
BHPian

Quote:

The three major gripes I had were with the NVH level, cooling capacity and the backseat comfort. The NVH levels were quite high and honestly, irritating. I drive without the music on and I am not sure how much of a pain would it be on the long drives. Backsheet was at par with the ecosport - both the cars can seat at best 2 adults in comfort in the back sheet. One more factor was the cooling capacity of the AC - it took a lot of time for the cabin to cool down.

Finally, if anyone from Gurgaon can share experiences with the service centre in Gurgaon.
can't comment on the service experience at Landmark Gurgaon but can surely shed some light on the AC cooling. Its not one of the best. My Micra cools better than Compass but its not that bad either. You just need to keep the temperature a notch or two below than your existing car and you should be good.
nickoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 16:54   #3686

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
can't comment on the service experience at Landmark Gurgaon but can surely shed some light on the AC cooling. Its not one of the best. .
can you also please shed some light on the NVH level
Old 2nd July 2022, 16:56   #3687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Check out my review. My latest post talks about my service experience at Jeep Landmark Gurgaon.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5349215 (My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review)

Last edited by Pancham : 2nd July 2022 at 16:57.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 21:43   #3688
BHPian

Quote:
can you also please shed some light on the NVH level
Well, I own the petrol version and the cabin is very silent. No complaints there.
Old 4th July 2022, 07:55   #3689

Hi guys,

I have been considering buying Jeep Compass Model S diesel 4x4 or the trailhawk. Have been in 2 minds for a while now. One part of me says, may as well pay a couple of lacs extra and can probably push the car a bit more on the off-road, the other half loves the looks of Model S and says u were driving a Hyundai Verna automatic, the Model S is anyways going to take you beyond that. (I am an amateur bird photographer and tend to just go off exploring small trails whenever opportunity presents itself)

But in between all of this, I get to know of all the rattles and niggles of the Jeep compass and that splits me into a third part which says, almost 40lacs and do u want all the rattles?
I have 2 questions:
1. Does the trailhawk also have the same rattling issue as Model S?
2. How bad is the rattling noise? Owners, how are you all coping up with the noise?

Any help that makes my decision making easier will be appreciated.
Old 4th July 2022, 09:41   #3690
BHPian

Quote:

I recently upgraded from 2017 MT D Ecosport to Compass S AT D 4X4. I was in similar dilemma.
Options I checked:
1. KIA Seltos : Too common, too many on road. Dismal safety ratting. Suspensions have to work really hard with some load & 2 occupants.
2. Creta : The looks are very polarising, just couldn’t wrap my head around it.
3. Harrier: amazing car! But somehow my brother felt it was a downgrade from our 2019 Ecosport S D MT. Also, the steering the was a bit heavy, it would have been a nightmare for my wife in Bangalore traffic & last but not the least Infotainment system, my 2017 ES has a better display & reverse parking camera.
4. Aircross C5: oh boy! what a plush ridding crossover. We all came out with a huge smile on our faces after the TD. GB tuning is also good compared to Compass AT. But…1) price 2) Thin dealership network. 3) facelift round the corner. 4) dated interiors & infotainment. We didn’t even negotiate
5. XUV700: Blue eyed boy of all SUV buyers. Car was good. But we just didn’t like it. All family members had different points & honestly I didn’t want to convince them for a car which would arrive 1.5 years later.
6. Thar: This how the conversation went between me & wifey:
Wife: Thar? Why? Should we?
Me: We should!
Wifey: Anyways we are going to retain the ES.
Me: But it doesn’t fit our requirements.
Wife: Thar is Thar! we need to fit it’s requirements.
Me: yeah
Family had a TD & they all stared us as if we had separated out from them & it was dropped.
Used Endy 2.2 / 3.2: Most of them weren’t worshipped but abused. Very high ODO on also didn’t work in our favour. Also, my Dad is against pre owned cars. It’s bound to throw some surprises later on.

Enter Compass: It was a yes from day one. Ticked all the boxes except price. There was no question between Limited & S. It was the S. Everyone loved the black interior as they are Maintenace free.

Had Ford continued their India operations we would have gone for Endy for sure.

To answer your some of your doubts:
1. Is a worthy upgrade with the price?
Compass is absolutely over priced by 3-4L. But then coming from a driver’s car like ES all other options don’t feel up to the mark. Compass is the heir that Ford couldn’t give is for ES.
2. NVH levels: High compared to Seltos / Aircorss. But I love the grunt & not irritating for sure.
3. Aircon: no complaints as of now. Even the temperatures in Pune have dropped so can’t really comment.

Wish you all the best.
knightfurry is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks