Team-BHP - Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/190607-volkswagen-tiguan-official-review-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 4403529)
Believe me; It is rather easy for an Auto enthusiast to own a VW, provided he spends some time to understand the car and is willing to apply himself technically. A good FNG can help.

That is my point, a lot of people do not want to be reliant on FNG and expensive parts due to poor reputation of official service channels.

Quote:

A lower tune Tiguan leads to a lower tune Q3 in their respective categories. Both won't sell.

In the Q3 / Q5 category, competition is coming up with sequential dual turbo, which boosts power/torque to a great extent. VW should look at providing maximum tune that a VGT can deliver, for the Tiguan category.
Not quite sure what you are suggesting here. The Q3 and Q5 are available in the 190hp tune which is similar numbers to the BMW X1 and X3. While the Tiguan and Kodiaq have been limited to the 140/145hp tune.

I do agree that VAG should have provided the Tiguan/Kodiaq with 190hp tunes, but then they would eat into the Audi (and probably also BMW) pie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask99 (Post 4403784)
That is my point, a lot of people do not want to be reliant on FNG and expensive parts due to poor reputation of official service channels.

Not quite sure what you are suggesting here. The Q3 and Q5 are available in the 190hp tune which is similar numbers to the BMW X1 and X3. While the Tiguan and Kodiaq have been limited to the 140/145hp tune.

I do agree that VAG should have provided the Tiguan/Kodiaq with 190hp tunes, but then they would eat into the Audi (and probably also BMW) pie.

One of the best advantages of the Tiguan over the Kodiaq & the X1 is the 5-year warranty announced by VW recently. The Kodiaq is a Skoda (a far riskier proposition than a VW) and it has only 4 years warranty.
The X1 is ridiculously expensive due to the brand premium, and the DQ500 is vastly superior to the Aisin GB on the X1. I personally find the Tiguan's looks to be superior to that of the X1.

One can enjoy the car for 5 years and then simply remap to the same tune/map as the one that is available internationally.

This is a car that would last for 10 years and age gracefully.

I'm lusting after this car as my next upgrade, just wish that VW provided more variants. In particular, the following:
1. 4x2 DSG Highline
2. 4x4 Manual Highline

4x2 DSG Highline would be perfect for my requirements. clap:

PS: both of the above variants are available in other geographies, as seen on the VW UK configurator.

I am approaching 10K on the Odo on my Tiguan, must say, the ride for me in the crater laden roads of Mumbai has been very peaceful and enjoyable. Like my Laura, I fall in love with the Tiguan daily, the more I drive the better it gets. I have an observation that I have seen twice, the front park pilot throws an error with a beep sound and within 2-4 seconds it disappears. I will have it checked when I take the car for the first service, wanted to check with Tiguan owners have they seen something like it?

I have crossed 10k in just 5 months and the experience so far has been incredibly satisfying. The driving experience, the space and comfort, and the ride and handling is simply exceptional. I am planning a trip to Munnar from Mumbai in August.

I have driven 19k in 9 months and the car simply grows on you. At first, it felt like it required more power but one swap of kn filter resolved it all. There is free flow of power and it felt much lighter on foot. In Comfortline, the ride quality is good but a bit stiff. Apart from the issue that the battery failed within 6 months of ownership, the experience has been decent. Overall, a comfortable value premium car to own.

1 Year update: Car has done 11000km and is doing exceptionally well. 15k km service completed this week. No free service, so it costed me Rs.22000 including oil and consumebles. I have been to worst roads of Munnar and Coonoor in the past year and the car has never let me down. I had to never worry about anything except scratches from shrubs when wandering through the narrow jeep trails deep inside tea gardens.

Yes, I have noticed the front parking sensor beeping issue couple of times.

Would request to share pictures of Tiguan when you guys go out for long drives, this car/SUV looks really good to me.

And how much of a difference is between a Skoda and a VW, that VW would be reliable & Skoda won't be..? Just asking..I have driven a Yeti for 1.7L kms and nothing much went wrong.

Both Skoda and VW are equally reliable. All one needs to do is buy the generous extended warranty and service the vehicle as per schedule. My previous car was a Skoda Yeti which I drove for 1.17 lakh kilometres in 4.5 years before switching to the Tiguan which is now 5 months old and has run 11k kilometres. They are far superior to the Japanese and Korean competition in the market. The unreliability stories are primarily due to the DQ200 DSG gearbox failure, however the diesel ones with a different DSG gearbox are very reliable. My father drives a 2012 diesel Elegance Skoda Superb which has done 1.7 lakh kilometres and still feels like it can do another 1.7 lakh. We have not had to do anything apart from regular service and critical part changes as per schedule.

From Coonoor

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan1.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 4435127)

Stunning pictures of the car. I have a few pictures that I would like to upload but for some reason the thread does not allow me to. I get a message stating "security error". Can you guide me on how I can upload pics ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 4435127)
From Coonoor

Got more..? Please share, the photos/car has come out stunning, especially in that shade.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaktisarangi (Post 4435156)
Can you guide me on how I can upload pics ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Here you go. And please go through this section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4435205)
Got more..? Please share, the photos/car has come out stunning, especially in that shade.

Here you go. And please go through this section.

Thanks. @sj_koova, your Tiguan's grille seems to have an extra layer of chrome. I have a Comfortline variant and a friend has the Highline variant, but neither have the extra layer of chrome. Did you get it installed separately?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaktisarangi (Post 4435715)
Thanks. @sj_koova, your Tiguan's grille seems to have an extra layer of chrome. I have a Comfortline variant and a friend has the Highline variant, but neither have the extra layer of chrome. Did you get it installed separately?

Yes I bought it from Aliexpress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavit46 (Post 4432303)
I have driven 19k in 9 months and the car simply grows on you. At first, it felt like it required more power but one swap of kn filter resolved it all. There is free flow of power and it felt much lighter on foot. In Comfortline, the ride quality is good but a bit stiff. Apart from the issue that the battery failed within 6 months of ownership, the experience has been decent. Overall, a comfortable value premium car to own.

Was it an Exide one? I guess VW India is too lazy to change the battery vendor even after thousands of battery failure cases of Jetta over past few years.

If it's an exide one, I strongly suggest to switch to Amaron for peace of mind. Exide batteries on Jettas have reputation for leaving people stranded anywhere.

I am now stranded on the road. Stopped for lunch near Salem and car doesn't start when I came back. Seems to be another battery problem. Called up the road side assistance and waiting for call back.

Engine is not cranking and all the lights blink and go off. Must be battery right?