Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2019, 18:10   #451
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 191 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Hey Team-

Finally booked Tiguan CL, Tungsten Silver.
Itís a dream car since itís launch in India, finally ending with this!
Congratulations. Which Warranty / Service package if any, did you get?

Did the dealer hint anything about Tiguan not being available from Jan? I am asking because you quoted the dealer saying few colors got sold out.

Thanks
VPJ74 is offline  
Old 25th October 2019, 08:31   #452
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

What I heard from my dealer is that VW imports some limited kit every year. The stock is based on those kits and there is no chance that they would be getting more kits this year. They would want to sell of the stock. Most likely next year they would be getting the BS 6 ready ones and he feels that this would be last lot of BS 4 ones available.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 11:13   #453
BHPian
 
shreyasmrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 26 Times

Guys, I've an offer to pick up a car which was on Company lease (not used by me). 2017 HiLine white colour and has run a little over 16k kms. Tyres have been upgraded to Pirelli (didn't notice the specs). Test drive was very comfortable (though on weekdays I'm in the back seat) and everything looked fine except for the dirt picked up on a rainy evening in Bangalore. Price is approx 19L. Any advise, input, feedback will be really appreciated 🙏
shreyasmrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 15:14   #454
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 52 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Congratulations. Which Warranty / Service package if any, did you get?

Did the dealer hint anything about Tiguan not being available from Jan? I am asking because you quoted the dealer saying few colors got sold out.

Thanks
Thank you VPJ74!
4 years is standard warranty unlike few years back of just 2 years. Also you can avail additional warranty of of either 1 or 2 years, making it either 5 or 6 years. More here.

Wrt the new kits for 2020, many dealers will not give right answer, may be they are eager to sell 2019 kit first, my suggestion is to keep in touch with few dealers and keep asking the updates.
lokii_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 15:28   #455
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,800
Thanked: 3,691 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasmrao View Post
Guys, I've an offer to pick up a car which was on Company lease (not used by me). 2017 HiLine white colour and has run a little over 16k kms. Tyres have been upgraded to Pirelli (didn't notice the specs). Test drive was very comfortable (though on weekdays I'm in the back seat) and everything looked fine except for the dirt picked up on a rainy evening in Bangalore. Price is approx 19L. Any advise, input, feedback will be really appreciated 🙏
Looks like a good deal. If you are not going for it, please PM me the details.
Guna is offline  
Old 26th October 2019, 18:14   #456
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 162
Thanked: 140 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Thank you VPJ74!
4 years is standard warranty unlike few years back of just 2 years. Also you can avail additional warranty of of either 1 or 2 years, making it either 5 or 6 years. More here.

Wrt the new kits for 2020, many dealers will not give right answer, may be they are eager to sell 2019 kit first, my suggestion is to keep in touch with few dealers and keep asking the updates.
The Corporate (Comfortline) edition comes with 5 years at no additional cost. This is what I got with mine. Not sure if this is available after this month.

The service packs on offer did not really seem worth it (40k for 2 years and 80k for 4 years). They do not cover the transmission oil change at 60k so that will be an additional 5-6k out of pocket. Also, a basic service (no tire-related stuff) is only around 14k at VW, so it works out to only 64k for 4 years.
showboat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 19:16   #457
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 191 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
The service packs on offer did not really seem worth it (40k for 2 years and 80k for 4 years). They do not cover the transmission oil change at 60k so that will be an additional 5-6k out of pocket. Also, a basic service (no tire-related stuff) is only around 14k at VW, so it works out to only 64k for 4 years.
Yeah, seems silly doesn't it.

BMW offers 3 year service at @ 58k and it does include oil change and usual service. I first could not believe the 40k for 2 years Tiguan package! It's way out of pocket.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 06:22   #458
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 162
Thanked: 140 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasmrao View Post
Guys, I've an offer to pick up a car which was on Company lease (not used by me). 2017 HiLine white colour and has run a little over 16k kms. Tyres have been upgraded to Pirelli (didn't notice the specs). Test drive was very comfortable (though on weekdays I'm in the back seat) and everything looked fine except for the dirt picked up on a rainy evening in Bangalore. Price is approx 19L. Any advise, input, feedback will be really appreciated 🙏
The price is pretty good for a highline, but still see if you can negotiate it a little further. A new one is working out to around 34 in bangalore. See if you can extended the warranty. It would have come with a 2 year warranty standard back then. That will give you peace of mind.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 13:39   #459
BHPian
 
shreyasmrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
The price is pretty good for a highline, but still see if you can negotiate it a little further. A new one is working out to around 34 in bangalore. See if you can extended the warranty. It would have come with a 2 year warranty standard back then. That will give you peace of mind.

Thanks for the tips. An already checking on warranty extension. Can't negotiate. This is first bid with dealers and later users / company can buy it at the highest bid + a nominal value over and Above it. No manual intervention here. The new tyres are an added bonus as they make the car much more comfortable than the stock ones they came with.
shreyasmrao is offline  
Old 29th October 2019, 21:21   #460
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 162
Thanked: 140 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasmrao View Post
Thanks for the tips. An already checking on warranty extension. Can't negotiate. This is first bid with dealers and later users / company can buy it at the highest bid + a nominal value over and Above it. No manual intervention here. The new tyres are an added bonus as they make the car much more comfortable than the stock ones they came with.
Still, not a bad price and new tires work out to about 60-70k so its a decent discount in of itself.

if the car is out of warranty already VW gives you the option to buy a 1 year at a time extended warranty. It's a little expensive, i think around 50k. but maybe an option if you're not sure about the car's condition initially.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 08:57   #461
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

@lokii83, @showboat - Has your Tiguan come home?
raz0405 is offline  
Old 4th November 2019, 15:25   #462
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 162
Thanked: 140 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
@lokii83, @showboat - Has your Tiguan come home?
I did pick up the car on the 31st. Been a hectic few days so haven't had a chance to do a post. I will get it up by next week. Did a 500km trip. Overall the ride is excellent. It can handle speeds like it's going 40-50kms slower. Got a great 14.4 mileage too.

One thing that is going to be hard to live with is the beeping above 80 and 120kmh. Generally, don't speed but the car just goes. Will have to figure out what music goes well with it
showboat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 16:10   #463
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
I did pick up the car on the 31st. Been a hectic few days so haven't had a chance to do a post. I will get it up by next week. Did a 500km trip. Overall the ride is excellent. It can handle speeds like it's going 40-50kms slower. Got a great 14.4 mileage too.
Awesome!!! Yes, the car masks speed like anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
One thing that is going to be hard to live with is the beeping above 80 and 120kmh. Generally, don't speed but the car just goes. Will have to figure out what music goes well with it
Yeah, I am lucky that I don't have to deal with this .
raz0405 is offline  
Old 4th November 2019, 20:31   #464
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 857
Thanked: 38 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
One thing that is going to be hard to live with is the beeping above 80 and 120kmh.
I am sure there would be hacks to decode and disable this beep in the near future. it is an issue across the spectrum and needs to be addressed to enjoy the drive IMHO.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th November 2019 at 18:53. Reason: Quote trimmed.
white_vdi is offline  
Old 4th November 2019, 21:32   #465
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 52 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
@lokii83, @showboat - Has your Tiguan come home?
Mine will be ready for the delivery by this weekend!
Had a chance to see the car at stockyard and can’t wait to get it to hand.

We will keep you updated on initial feel of it!

Anyone did PPF or coating sort of? Can you share more details on it?

Last edited by lokii_83 : 4th November 2019 at 21:35.
lokii_83 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks