Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2020, 22:06   #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
30.5L appears to be the approximate on road everywhere till December. I got a quote of similar figure in December.
Whats the best quote you got in Jan?

Yes I got mud flaps and rubber floor mats part of the offer (after bargaining) however waiting for the stock. I went for black 3M nomad mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
More on the rat ingress, a part of what I posted elsewhere, copied here for Tiguan owners to take note of:
Thanks for the valuable information. Need to check how can I do this proactively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
...Does the recent batches come with scuff plates in front & back? Would love to have Illuminated scuff plates but those fitted in after-market tend to create problems later. Factory fitting would be good.
What I got is MY19 (Dec 2019 manufacturing) however 10th character of VIN is "J" refers to the model of the year 2020.

Front illuminated scuff plates installed but rear dummy.

Tiguan 5 seater wont be available in Diesel anymore, fair chances of TSI 5 seater in future. For now its confirmed by Škoda Auto Volkswagen India that Tiguan AllSpace will be available from March with BS6 compliant 2ltr TSI engine but BS6 compliant diesel might take time.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th January 2020 at 10:44. Reason: Making it one logical post
Old 8th January 2020, 23:01   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
Whats the best quote you got in Jan?

Yes I got mud flaps and rubber floor mats part of the offer (after bargaining) however waiting for the stock. I went for black 3M nomad mats.
The OTR would approximately be the same as yours, give or take 10-15k.

But this was given to me in last week December on which i have been bargaining.

Today when i saw that the official benefits have gone up from 5 to 5.5, i checked with the dealer but he is not ready to negotiate on this saying that his quote already considers this new offer.

That's quite baffling actually!

Quote:
[*]Head Unit replaced with new version full touch screen[*]Aluminum Pedals replaced by Rubber Pedals[/list]Removed:[list][*]Auto close boot switch (Not sure if this feature works without this button as you move away with key).[*]ASR On/Off switch[*]Sunroof LED ambient lighting
[
Is there a new head unit than the one that was introduced sorry after the launch and continued to be offered till July-Aug 2019? That was also full touch screen with the exception of two knobs.

Ambient lighting around the sunroof was disabled. Have they removed it altogether now?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th January 2020 at 10:43. Reason: Making it one logical post
Old 9th January 2020, 09:09   #558
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
What I got is MY19 (Dec 2019 manufacturing) however 10th character of VIN is "J" refers to the model of the year 2020.

Front illuminated scuff plates installed but rear dummy.

Tiguan 5 seater wont be available in Diesel anymore, fair chances of TSI 5 seater in future. For now its confirmed by Škoda Auto Volkswagen India that Tiguan AllSpace will be available from March with BS6 compliant 2ltr TSI engine but BS6 compliant diesel might take time.
Thanks - For my car, the 10th digit of the VIN is L. The car has arrived in the stock yard. Need to check what features are there (and missing !!!!) in my car. The demo highline car (which was July/Aug 2019 model) had a full touch screen MID, No lighting on sunroof, scuff plat in front but no illumination.

The offer I got was also similar to all others - 30.5L excluding Insurance. Dealer says no more stocks. Only if someone cancels orders, it can be routed to others.
Old 9th January 2020, 11:07   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Thanks - For my car, the 10th digit of the VIN is L. The car has arrived in the stock yard. Need to check what features are there (and missing !!!!) in my car. The demo highline car (which was July/Aug 2019 model) had a full touch screen MID, No lighting on sunroof, scuff plat in front but no illumination.

The offer I got was also similar to all others - 30.5L excluding Insurance. Dealer says no more stocks. Only if someone cancels orders, it can be routed to others.
Correction: my VIN is also "L" not "J"

On-Road price is subjective depending on the Road Tax (I think Bangalore is highest in India) and color choice etc. I would have got 30 lakhs on-road if I opted for White. Later even White was sold higher than the offer.

I am keen about Black color which was not available but luckily one batch of December stock got few which I picked one.

My Tiguan has the same touch screen MID what you have seen in July/Aug 2019 model.
Old 13th January 2020, 11:00   #560

Recently I purchased the Tiguan (Deep Black) at 30.3 lakhs on road at Hyderabad. My friend and I purchased 2 vehicles. He got the Indium Grey for 29.9 lakhs on road. Sadly there are no accessories offered. The dealer says that they are out of stock. I am primarily looking for sun-blinds and door mats. Is Aliexpress good? Or do we wait for the dealer to get the stock and purchase directly from him. Updates would be appreciated. TIA.
volksvig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 20:10   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volksvig View Post
Recently I purchased the Tiguan (Deep Black) at 30.3 lakhs on road at Hyderabad. My friend and I purchased 2 vehicles. He got the Indium Grey for 29.9 lakhs on road. Sadly there are no accessories offered. The dealer says that they are out of stock. I am primarily looking for sun-blinds and door mats. Is Aliexpress good? Or do we wait for the dealer to get the stock and purchase directly from him. Updates would be appreciated. TIA.
You should be able to find the door matts on amazon, not sure about the sun blinds. Give it a try, By the way which variant of Tiguan did you buy for 30.3 OTR?
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 21:32   #562
BHPian

VW has no Passat in stock, nor any Tiguan.
Ameo will be discontinued soon.

What the heck are they selling??
Old 13th January 2020, 21:53   #563
BHPian

Quote:
I am primarily looking for sun-blinds and door mats. Is Aliexpress good? Or do we wait for the dealer to get the stock and purchase directly from him. Updates would be appreciated. TIA.
I just bought 3M Nomad mats (from
3M car care where they custom cut and install then and there) for the 2019 Tiguan. Costed 6k. Here are the photos.

Though I had OEM mats, I preferred this as it attracts dust and smaller particles and overall should keep the floor clean!

Alternatively you could consider 3D kagu mats, just search over forum for more info on it.

Also I believe you got Highline model for that price?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-f6a483b38b0b4449b8266b83f48b3420.jpeg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-87947e78c0b641b7b23c43f299f6f181.jpeg  

lokii_83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 08:54   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post

Just the old horse Polo, that too a decade old car with hardly any improvements or changes in design. And a few Ventos smattered here and there. Till the new crop of SUVs come in (i.e. the T Cross etc) I doubt they will have much to sell. They are not even interested in bringing in the new Polo to India, which is such a travesty. VW has such mouth watering models being sold abroad, and almost none of them will see the light of day in India.
Old 14th January 2020, 08:59   #565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post

Polo and Vento with 1.0L TSI by Feb/March.

Tiguan Allspace 7 seater April/May - 2.0L TSI

T-roc - 1.5L TSI hopefully March/April

Passat 2.0L TSI - June/July

These are the ones caught on test and pretty sure will come this year.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 09:47   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
You should be able to find the door matts on amazon, not sure about the sun blinds. Give it a try, By the way which variant of Tiguan did you buy for 30.3 OTR?
Hi. I got the Highline. I was surprised at the amount of discount so stretched my budget and got the vehicle. My original plan was to go for the Karoq or the T-Roc once launched. Hoping the ownership experience is good.
volksvig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 10:07   #567
BHPian

@Showboat, my Tiguan is doing well so far 😀, I love the car, have done a 850km self drive trip to Chennai as well and it handles fantastically. In heavy traffic the sensors beeping gets a little irritating at times. So far so good
Old 15th January 2020, 11:20   #568
BHPian

Dear Tiguan owners, Does the current Tiguan have a DPF filter?
Old 15th January 2020, 13:47   #569
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered Carpet Mats, SunBlinds, Mud Flaps and a few more things from Aliexpress. My Tiguan is over 2 years old and 20K on it, I just love the car.

I have a two question for all the Tiguan owners, please share your experience

1. What is the tyre pressure that you use the most? I used to drive with 32 psi in all tryes, but recently after a long trip with 4 adults, I moved it up to 38 psi. I like the ride with 38, most of the time I am a solo driver in Mumbai.

2. What Drive mode do you use for your daily commute? Eco, Normal or Sports?
amitk2kin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 18:37   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Face-lift Tiguan likely to debut in March at the Geneva Motor show.

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 1307
Size:  383.4 KB

The 2021 Tiguan was spotted at an undisclosed location during a photo shoot.

- All-new headlights lending the crossover a more modern look

- The front bumper also appears to be different as the air intakes are quite large with no fog lights visible

-The taillights likely have a new look

Link

Most Viewed