Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2020, 21:54   #586

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
What kind of discounts can one expect for a highline tiguan 2019 mfg car.
for new and for 18k kms run demo car.
for new i am told 2.5L cash + 1.25 L corporate (which is not applicable in my case) + 40k loyalty bonus.
and for demo car 26L on road.
but i was told that demo car will have 2 yrs warranty and can be extended to additional 1 year by paying extra and it can not be extended for up to 7 years, true? not sure. All this over a phone call.

what do you guys think?

For a brand new Tiguan HL, (if stocks still exist) you can get a price of 30L on road. Do not go for a demo car as they are used in a rough manner.
volksvig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 10:24   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...e-140388.html#

If this rendering of the 2020 Tiguan facelift is accurate, then it will give a lot more character to the front, and make it 'future-proof' for the next few years as the Golf / Passat etc. and most VW models adopt the same style.

I do hope that VW will not mess about and retain the outgoing Alltrack, but directly bring this new one as soon as it launches.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 17th January 2020 at 10:26.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 10:50   #588
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I don't like this trend of making oversized grill at the bottom half, which will virtually leave no 'bumper' option to take the small hits. It should be definitely avoided on SUVs, which are meant to take abuses and be handled with less care. Aesthetically too, they look imbalanced.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 12:01   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Somehow I don't like this trend of making oversized grill at the bottom half, which will virtually leave no 'bumper' option to take the small hits. It should be definitely avoided on SUVs, which are meant to take abuses and be handled with less care. Aesthetically too, they look imbalanced.
Completely agree but then, unfortunately, this is what the market wants As if the good old squat/boxy lines giving way to "curves" was not enough, manufacturers are doling out SUVs with pathetically low GC, horribly low approach/departure/ramp-break-over angles (how many SUV brochures/specs talk about these elements, first of all), extremely low profile tires, and anything & everything that is a no-no for a supposedly go-anywhere vehicle!

Most so called SUVs these days are more of "Soft Urban Vehicles" as opposed to the original meaning - sad but true! Why tag them as SUVs in the first place?

PS - this post is not specific to the Tiguan, but pertains to modern SUVs in general

Last edited by cool_dube : 17th January 2020 at 12:10.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 14:30   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post

1. What is the tyre pressure that you use the most? I used to drive with 32 psi in all tryes, but recently after a long trip with 4 adults, I moved it up to 38 psi. I like the ride with 38, most of the time I am a solo driver in Mumbai.

2. What Drive mode do you use for your daily commute? Eco, Normal or Sports?
I always use 38 PSI and most of my drives are with either 2 or 4 adults and I am on Normal mode for most of the time, though I have used economy and sport mode occasionally.
Old 18th January 2020, 06:42   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
I ordered Carpet Mats, SunBlinds, Mud Flaps and a few more things from Aliexpress. My Tiguan is over 2 years old and 20K on it, I just love the car.

I have a two question for all the Tiguan owners, please share your experience

1. What is the tyre pressure that you use the most? I used to drive with 32 psi in all tryes, but recently after a long trip with 4 adults, I moved it up to 38 psi. I like the ride with 38, most of the time I am a solo driver in Mumbai.

2. What Drive mode do you use for your daily commute? Eco, Normal or Sports?
Can you PM or share the link for the sunblinds. I couldn't find anything suitable for the Tiguan on AliExpress or AliBaba.

1. Since I have the 17s on the Comfortline 33 is working very well for me in Bangalore city conditions. I find it much smoother than 38. Also, on the TPMS settings, you can choose your mode of driving and 33 is what's recommended for comfort. I do increase it to 36 for highway runs with family and luggage.

2. I find Eco to be more than adequate for Bangalores snarl. As soon as roads free up Normal is good. Highways I use surprisingly use Eco more often. I just use the paddles if I need to overtake. On my recent trip to Kerala, I got 18.9kml overall on the trip. With some spirited driving in stretches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I do hope that VW will not mess about and retain the outgoing Alltrack, but directly bring this new one as soon as it launches.
Ah if only all Indian manufacturers had the ability to use logic in their decisions. Much more cost-efficient for them to bring the current model as I'm sure they have kits lying around already.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE [QUOTE+] buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th January 2020 at 09:53. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 26th January 2020, 20:32   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
2. I find Eco to be more than adequate for Bangalores snarl. As soon as roads free up Normal is good. Highways I use surprisingly use Eco more often. I just use the paddles if I need to overtake. On my recent trip to Kerala, I got 18.9kml overall on the trip. With some spirited driving in stretches.
That's pretty impressive FE @showboat. I prefer using Sport mode in highways. It masks the DSG lag to a great extent. However, the FE is not greatly impacted. I get around 14 KMPL on Bangalore - Mysore road.

I prefer the keep the Tyre pressure at 38 (reading after warm up). It does not hamper the ride quality as such. The stiffer suspension does make the thud noise. I am used to this after driving the Rapid for a few years.
Old 26th January 2020, 21:06   #593
BHPian

Had some issue with the AC . Suddenly felt it was not as effective . Took it to the ASS . They also agreed it was not as cool as it was supposed to be . Left it for checking . During diagnosis they noticed battery weak . It was changed . According to them further checking of the AC system did not give any issues . They asked me to monitor for the next few days and report if the issue comes back .
As they had the vehicle with them asked them to finish the recall issue for the roof lighting which was done.
Has been 4 days since , AC looks ok for now . Will monitor for few more days .
Old 26th January 2020, 22:45   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
As they had the vehicle with them asked them to finish the recall issue for the roof lighting which was done.
Has been 4 days since , AC looks ok for now . Will monitor for few more days .
What's with the roof lighting? Heard they were disabling it initially and now it's removed altogether.

Did they enable it?
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 08:19   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
What's with the roof lighting? Heard they were disabling it initially and now it's removed altogether.

Did they enable it?
The new ones does not come with roof lighting . The existing one they are changing some circuit as per VW instructions and mine is working fine.
Old 31st January 2020, 11:14   #596
BHPian

Got delivery of my Tiguan yday. Vehicle looks very nice and sporty especially in white color. Can the current owners of Tiguan comment on a few items?

1. There is no anti-theft bolts in any of the wheels. Dealer said that this is not given in current Tiguan. Passat , Jetta and even Vento used to come with this feature. Is this the same for all other Tiguans ?

2. When trying to use the Voice command feature on the Infotainment system, it says "please enable this thru the dealer". Did any of the current batch of owners have to get it done like this? Not that I am going to use it but would like to have it enabled for any situation.
Old 31st January 2020, 13:22   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Got delivery of my Tiguan yday. Vehicle looks very nice and sporty especially in white color. Can the current owners of Tiguan comment on a few items?

1. There is no anti-theft bolts in any of the wheels. Dealer said that this is not given in current Tiguan. Passat , Jetta and even Vento used to come with this feature. Is this the same for all other Tiguans ?

2. When trying to use the Voice command feature on the Infotainment system, it says "please enable this thru the dealer". Did any of the current batch of owners have to get it done like this? Not that I am going to use it but would like to have it enabled for any situation.

Please share a close-up photo of one wheel.

The voice command doesn't work if you are connected to the phone via Bluetooth. It will work only when you are connected to android auto, dont know about apple car play.
Old 1st February 2020, 09:58   #598
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations!

I got my tungsten silver on 29th.

It does come with anti theft bolts. They are different from vento/Rapid. It's black in colour and are required to be pulled out with a star key kind of a thing.

Voice command i haven't tried so can't comment.

Can you confirm the contents in the owners manual folder please. The outer paper box in which the leather folder is contained mentions 4 booklets but there are only three available. And there is no service booklet either.
Old 1st February 2020, 10:43   #599

Quote:
Voice command is an accessory of sorts. I got it from the dealer as part of the deal. The key comes in a CD and they sort of unlock the function.
kamakaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 11:26   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Please share a close-up photo of one wheel.

The voice command doesn't work if you are connected to the phone via Bluetooth. It will work only when you are connected to android auto, dont know about apple car play.
Here is a close up of the wheel with and without the wheel bolt covers (black)

It is clear that there is no Anti-theft wheel nut in Tiguan. All the 5 nuts are of normal type. That also explains the reason for the absence of the Star bolt in the vehicle kit.

I don't know if this is only for the Highline version as the comfortline model comes with 17" wheels. Mine is a Highline version.

Torque18 - Congratulations on your purchase. What you see in black color is only the cover for the wheel nut. The anti-theft wheel nut will be different from the regular wheel nut . One out of the 5 nuts in each wheel will be of different size and requires a special adaptor to be used to unscrew to remove the tyre. This adaptor is different for each car and so cannot be shared between cars. Looks like this safety feature is not part of the Tiguan. May be many owners had problems in removing their tyres when they don't have the special adaptor , especially when they buy it pre-owned.

Also I only got 3 booklets in total - The owner manual, infotainment system manual and 1 page booklet on braking system upgrade.

The service booklet has gone online route now. The warranty information is also stored online. We can approach the service team and get the details. I find it weird. They should give a warranty certificate to the customer on paper, We may be in a digital world but for certain things, good old paper is still relevant.

Hope this helps

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_1297.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_1299.jpg

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2020 at 12:48. Reason: Back to back posts.

Most Viewed