Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
927,496 views
Old 16th May 2020, 18:37   #706
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVM View Post
My Tiguan due for it's routine inspection. I am a resident of Bangalore. Which service center would you recommend me to entrust my vehicle to? I had the the previous inspection done at the Mysore road outlet and was not impressed with their service. The car was dirtied and a greasy wax was sprayed all over my car's interior.
I consulted my dealer and he recommended the Hosur road outlet (Elite Motors ) to me. Do you guys have any experience with Elite Motors? Please share
I wasn't impressed with Elite Motor's Hosur Road. I did buy my Tiguan from Elite Motors JP Nagar. However, am not a fan of their service center. I would suggest you check with PPS Motors, Nagavara (besides Elements Mall). See if you can get Rahul as your SA. He seems to be OK. I stuck around in the center till they finished the service of my car. I did step out for a few hours in between though . Also, I did read somewhere a few months ago, that VW has started routine service at your door step. I haven't checked this out yet. Maybe, you could check this as well.
raz0405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 21:10   #707
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 67
Thanked: 90 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVM View Post
My Tiguan due for it's routine inspection. I am a resident of Bangalore.
Hey folks, hope all are safe along with your family during the lockdown!
My Tiguan now 6 months old with Odo near 5k kms, and I do see message from system as "inspection due".
I believe this is routine inspection, any idea what this service includes? Can I delay this by a month?

Thank you!
lokii_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 21:54   #708
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Hey folks, hope all are safe along with your family during the lockdown!
My Tiguan now 6 months old with Odo near 5k kms, and I do see message from system as "inspection due".
I believe this is routine inspection, any idea what this service includes? Can I delay this by a month?

Thank you!
Yes, it's a routine checkup of 7.5 KMs or 6 months whichever happens first. You can delay it by a few days.
raz0405 is offline  
Old 16th May 2020, 22:45   #709
MVM
BHPian
 
MVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 186 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
I wasn't impressed with Elite Motor's Hosur Road. I did buy my Tiguan from Elite Motors JP Nagar. However, am not a fan of their service center. I would suggest you check with PPS Motors, Nagavara (besides Elements Mall). See if you can get Rahul as your SA. He seems to be OK. I stuck around in the center till they finished the service of my car. I did step out for a few hours in between though . Also, I did read somewhere a few months ago, that VW has started routine service at your door step. I haven't checked this out yet. Maybe, you could check this as well.
Thanks a ton Raz. Unfortunately PPS is extremely far from my house. Can you please share with me what was unsatisfactory in the service of your Tiguan. The door step service is quite a complicated process and it is quite pricey. Unfortunately or fortunately the elite motors on Hosur road is the outlet closest to my house. If you can tell me what you didn't like about the service it will help me a lot. Thanks again
MVM is offline  
Old 17th May 2020, 20:28   #710
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: BLR/MAA
Posts: 179
Thanked: 150 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
I wasn't impressed with Elite Motor's Hosur Road. I did buy my Tiguan from Elite Motors JP Nagar. However, am not a fan of their service center. I would suggest you check with PPS Motors, Nagavara (besides Elements Mall). See if you can get Rahul as your SA. He seems to be OK. I stuck around in the center till they finished the service of my car. I did step out for a few hours in between though . Also, I did read somewhere a few months ago, that VW has started routine service at your door step. I haven't checked this out yet. Maybe, you could check this as well.
Totally agree. Rahul is who I've used there and he's been very responsive and helpful. If you schedule in advance routine services can be done quickly so may be worth the drive. Apple Auto in Whitefield was ok also.
showboat is offline  
Old 17th May 2020, 20:35   #711
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVM View Post
Thanks a ton Raz. Unfortunately PPS is extremely far from my house. Can you please share with me what was unsatisfactory in the service of your Tiguan. The door step service is quite a complicated process and it is quite pricey. Unfortunately or fortunately the elite motors on Hosur road is the outlet closest to my house. If you can tell me what you didn't like about the service it will help me a lot. Thanks again
They dirty the car specially the interiors. Don't know the scene at the moment in that area. When I went there it was so dusty due to the Metro line construction and they used to work with keeping the windows open and not covering the upholstery. Also, didn't find the service guys with a lot of knowledge on Tiguan. I remember one SA saying that there is only person who got training on servicing the Tiguan. Maybe things might have changed now. I am talking about late 2018 and early 2019.
Please ensure that you tell them specifically to not dirty your car interiors and also ask them to tell you what they do as a part of the service before they start the work.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 08:32   #712
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 44
Thanked: 282 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

What’s the official service guideline for the Tiguan. My car is 18 months old but hardly run 11000 km. The local dealer is insisting on 7500km/6 m services saying that it would otherwise void warranty. Is this true. I was thinking that it was 15000 km/yearly after the first year.
Sree is offline  
Old 31st May 2020, 09:03   #713
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: BDQ
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 9,739 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree View Post
What’s the official service guideline for the Tiguan. My car is 18 months old but hardly run 11000 km. The local dealer is insisting on 7500km/6 m services saying that it would otherwise void warranty. Is this true. I was thinking that it was 15000 km/yearly after the first year.
7500 km only necessitates a checkup which basically means topping up of all fluids incase they are low and addressing customer complaints.

I have heard of a few people entirely skipping the checkup depending on their relation with the SA, but if they are insisting then yes, you will have to abide since even Volkswagen prescribes one every 7500 km between services.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 10:19   #714
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 71
Thanked: 51 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree View Post
What’s the official service guideline for the Tiguan. My car is 18 months old but hardly run 11000 km. The local dealer is insisting on 7500km/6 m services saying that it would otherwise void warranty. Is this true. I was thinking that it was 15000 km/yearly after the first year.
The 7500 is only a check up to ensure all liquids, brakes , battery etc are fine and get feed back from customers of any issue .
The mandate service is either 15000/1 year which ever comes first .
VW will consider it as non regular serviced vehicle if the service schedule is not maintained and may void warranty .
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 18:17   #715
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: BLR/MAA
Posts: 179
Thanked: 150 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree View Post
What’s the official service guideline for the Tiguan. My car is 18 months old but hardly run 11000 km. The local dealer is insisting on 7500km/6 m services saying that it would otherwise void warranty. Is this true. I was thinking that it was 15000 km/yearly after the first year.
Service is 15k or 1 year whichever comes first. The very first 7500km checkup is just a status check of your oils and fluids. I just dropped off my car for the 7500km (though I've only done 6700km) because I had some bodywork to do also.

Unfortunately, my side mirror got smashed by some idiot in an XUV driving rashly in oncoming traffic. My car was parked and he just ran into it. The folding mechanism is perfectly fine, even though he must have been going above 60, but the indicator light got damaged. Since the light is integrated into the mirror they have to change the whole thing. A new mirror with a folding mechanism is approx 35k with labor. I've claimed it with my insurance.

This all happened mid March, and the part was ordered but hadn't shipped when the lockdown happened. PPS did a good job with following up with me once they opened and the part came quickly. I did a quick fix by getting a scooter mirror and using double side tape to stick it on. It did the job during the limited driving of the last few months. Total cost 120rs.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-mirror.jpeg  


Last edited by showboat : 2nd June 2020 at 18:19.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:26   #716
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Service is 15k or 1 year whichever comes first. The very first 7500km checkup is just a status check of your oils and fluids. I just dropped off my car for the 7500km (though I've only done 6700km) because I had some bodywork to do also.

Unfortunately, my side mirror got smashed by some idiot in an XUV driving rashly in oncoming traffic. My car was parked and he just ran into it. The folding mechanism is perfectly fine, even though he must have been going above 60, but the indicator light got damaged. Since the light is integrated into the mirror they have to change the whole thing. A new mirror with a folding mechanism is approx 35k with labor. I've claimed it with my insurance.

This all happened mid March, and the part was ordered but hadn't shipped when the lockdown happened. PPS did a good job with following up with me once they opened and the part came quickly. I did a quick fix by getting a scooter mirror and using double side tape to stick it on. It did the job during the limited driving of the last few months. Total cost 120rs.
Nice job showboat

To avoid minor scratches on the mirror that could be always caused by 2 wheelers, auto rikshaws and sometimes even other 4 wheelers I installed a cover sourced from Aliexpress
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan_sidemirror.png  


Last edited by raz0405 : 3rd June 2020 at 08:29.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:41   #717
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: BLR/MAA
Posts: 179
Thanked: 150 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
Nice job showboat

To avoid minor scratches on the mirror that could be always caused by 2 wheelers, auto rikshaws and sometimes even other 4 wheelers I installed a cover sourced from Aliexpress
Looks great Raz. I'm going to have to explore some protective options on Ali after I get the car back and shipping from China seems safe. Ive been trying to figure out if I could source the R-line body kit too. I think it'll really give a sportier/premium look.
showboat is offline  
Old 3rd June 2020, 09:27   #718
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 75 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Looks great Raz. I'm going to have to explore some protective options on Ali after I get the car back and shipping from China seems safe. Ive been trying to figure out if I could source the R-line body kit too. I think it'll really give a sportier/premium look.
You do get a lot of stuff from Aliexpress. Yes, the timing is important as now it's not safe to order. I have some stuff ordered and is in transit from a long time.
raz0405 is offline  
Old 3rd June 2020, 17:22   #719
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mysore
Posts: 20
Thanked: 6 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
....


This has worked for my polo in the past. Nearly 250km from home in a hilly region, this method really saved me from being stranded for long. Some minimal damage to Rubber door beading/outer seals is a given though.

Last edited by bblost : 3rd June 2020 at 17:43. Reason: removed embedded video.
rnkaushal is online now  
Old 10th June 2020, 15:20   #720
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: BLR/MAA
Posts: 179
Thanked: 150 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
I just dropped off my car for the 7500km (though I've only done 6700km) because I had some bodywork to do also.

A new mirror with a folding mechanism is approx 35k with labor. I've claimed it with my insurance.
7500km service done. They needed to top up the oil (300ml) and that's it.

Bodywork went well enough. I had a scratch across the two drivers' side doors from when the mirror got damaged. I think the repair looks well done, but I also feel like I can still see where the scratch was. No one else who I showed it to can see it so its prob just scarred into my brain

The mirror was replaced without any issues. The total cost for the bodywork and side-view mirror was 48k. The mirror was only 25k not 35k. But they did charge 2.5k for sanitization, which included smoke fumigation of the car and wiping it down. Just be aware of these costs upfront and do discuss it with the SA. It was price specific to the model, so the polo would be cheaper. Part of dealing with our COVID world.

Total time took 5 days, but mainly due to lower number of employees at the dealership and with the insurance company. HDFC Ergo did a fully virtual/remote claim process. All via video and photos. Pretty interesting.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks