Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 20:30   #736
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Was there any specific amount mentioned in lieu of covid disinfectant? Could you please share it with us?

Thank You.
It was only minor component . If I remember correctly it was only 590.
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 09:34   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
It was only minor component . If I remember correctly it was only 590.
Had my 2nd free service. Car had hardly driven 2000 Kms due to lockdown. But kept getting reminders for service due. Gave it for service - pickup & drop. Just a general checkup. They charged Rs.1250/- for Covid-19 sanitation, no other charge.

Also got clarity on the functioning of "Rest" button in the climate control panel. It is for the auxiliary blower. It needs to be pressed after the engine is switched off. The blower runs for about 15 mins using an additional battery to keep the car cool if we are just stepping out for short periods.
Old 14th July 2020, 20:52   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I have a battery failure in Tiguan again. It was replaced in Aug 2018 under warranty. Second one also failed in less than 2 years
My Tig's Exide battery conked out just under the 2-year warranty mark and was replaced by the VW dealer with another imported Exide. This one has a sticker from the dealer showing an 18 month warranty!
Old 14th July 2020, 21:01   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post
My Tig's Exide battery conked out just under the 2-year warranty mark and was replaced by the VW dealer with another imported Exide. This one has a sticker from the dealer showing an 18 month warranty!
I

I doubt you will have 18 month warranty from the day of change . When I changed my battery under warranty at about 18 months , I was informed the total warranty of the battery is only 2 years meaning the new battery replaced has only 6 months warranty.
So see if you can get anything in writing about 18 months warranty for the replaced battery
Old 15th July 2020, 18:30   #740
BHPian

Same story here. My battery conked out and replaced with a new battery under warranty recently. When I checked for the warranty for the replaced battery, they said the overall warranty is only for two years. So effectively my new battery is not under any warranty as my vehicle has completed two years.
Old 17th July 2020, 15:27   #741
Senior - BHPian

While I do not own a VW, out of curiosity - what is it with VW cars and premature battery failures? I personally know a couple of VW owners who have faced a similar situation.
Old 28th July 2020, 12:08   #742
BHPian

a quick update - Got a call from VW dealer to come and update the ICE for Voice assistance enabled free of charge. This was priced at Rs.8000/- when the car was launched. This was duly completed. While it is working ok, compared to Apple car play / Android Auto, this is not great. Wireless charging would have been a good addition.
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 14:23   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post
Imported Exide? I thought it is an Indian company !
Old 29th July 2020, 14:42   #744
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Different companies but at one point, they seem to have had a tussle over the trademark. VW batteries refer to the international OEM - Exide Technologies.

Quoting from Wiki:

Quote:
In 1997, Exide Industries filed a lawsuit against Exide Technologies of the United States when the latter tried entering the Indian market, and both companies entered a prolonged legal battle that was heard by the Delhi High Court, which led to a 2012 verdict that Exide Industries was the legal owner of the Exide trademark in India.

An appeal was filed and in 2017, it was ruled that while Exide Industries was the trademark owner in India, Exide Technologies held the goodwill of the "Exide" name and both companies had a legitimate claim to use of the name in the Indian market.

A further appeal from the Indian company that went to the Supreme Court of India led to a stay of the verdict, however, there was a restraining order on the use of the "Exide" name from the American company until the final verdict. Both parties settled in 2017, with an out of court settlement from Exide Industries to Exide Technologies, terms being that Exide Technologies waives any rights to the "Exide" trademark in India in perpetuity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Wireless charging would have been a good addition.
Qi/wireless charging is agonisingly slow. You're better off connecting the device through the cable.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th July 2020 at 14:43.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 14:47   #745
BHPian

Quote:
The battery is made in Spain. I changed to Amaron. Can't take the risk third time with VW OEM.
Old 29th July 2020, 22:07   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
The battery is made in Spain. I changed to Amaron. Can't take the risk third time with VW OEM.
You took the right decision. Indian Exide batteries are no good too. In my car when it was new, it lasted only 1.5 years. In those times I had heard a lot about Amaron so I got it installed. Its been 18 years now and I have changed the batteries only thrice. In other words, the last two Amaron batteries lasted for a little over 8 years.
Old 29th July 2020, 23:24   #747
BHPian

Quote:
You took the right decision. Indian Exide batteries are no good too. In my car when it was new, it lasted only 1.5 years. In those times I had heard a lot about Amaron so I got it installed. Its been 18 years now and I have changed the batteries only thrice. In other words, the last two Amaron batteries lasted for a little over 8 years.
While i admit Amaron is great; the stock Exide on my Linea is 4.5 years old of which it was lying idle, connected to the terminals for 10 months in dealer's covered yard. 50000 kms now and still doing well.

Last edited by bharatbits : 29th July 2020 at 23:26.
Old 4th August 2020, 20:17   #748
BHPian

Got a call from VW dealer for update. It seems that they are finally fixing the ambient lighting around the sunroof. The same was disabled from the time of buying the car around dec 2018. Has anyone else got any calls.
Old 15th August 2020, 16:51   #749
BHPian

My Tiggy completed 2 years today . The ODO stands at 29k+ of which the last 5 months contributed only 300-400 kms . Second service was done 2 months back when the lock down was lifted and service centres started functioning .Enjoying every bit of it . It's butter smooth as it could be . Couple of issues in the past 2 years . Battery and AC . Went for AC issue as the cooling was not good . Checks were done , battery was identified weak and replaced under warranty . But that did not solve the AC issue even after testing for few days . Next trip to the ASS, control valve was changed the and the AC is back to normal after that . Not able to go for long drives due to the current situation. Waiting for situation to normalise a bit .
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img20200815wa0000.jpg  

Ak007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 11:20   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
My Tiggy completed 2 years today . The ODO stands at 29k+ of which the last 5 months contributed only 300-400 kms . Second service was done 2 months back when the lock down was lifted and service centres started functioning .Enjoying every bit of it . It's butter smooth as it could be . Couple of issues in the past 2 years . Battery and AC . Went for AC issue as the cooling was not good . Checks were done , battery was identified weak and replaced under warranty . But that did not solve the AC issue even after testing for few days . Next trip to the ASS, control valve was changed the and the AC is back to normal after that . Not able to go for long drives due to the current situation. Waiting for situation to normalise a bit .
Great Ak007 !!! I am due to get my second service done. I haven't completed 2 years though. It's coming up in November. I had covered 15 K KMs quite quickly and had to get my first service done last August and hence have to take it this August even though I am short by around 2.5 K KMs. Also, just wanted to share with all Tiguan owners that VW has some SVP package with some monsoon offer discounts. I have signed up or rather told the SA that I'll sign up when I take my car next Sunday for service. The deal for Tiguan is around 39K for 2 years general service which includes 2 wheel alignment balancing, 2 AC disinfecting, 2 wash and I think one bumper to bumper check up. Works out to be a good deal as other wise without Wheel balancing/alignment and AC disinfecting I paid around 18.5 K last year. This year they were quoting 20K plus for the same. Will let you all know the exact details after I go through the service next weekend. However, thought that I'll share this here so that if someone is due for service may want to use this. Also the monsoon offer is available only until 31st Aug.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks