Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2020, 12:58   #751
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
Great Ak007 !!! I am due to get my second service done. I haven't completed 2 years though. It's coming up in November. I had covered 15 K KMs quite quickly and had to get my first service done last August and hence have to take it this August even though I am short by around 2.5 K KMs. Also, just wanted to share with all Tiguan owners that VW has some SVP package with some monsoon offer discounts. I have signed up or rather told the SA that I'll sign up when I take my car next Sunday for service. The deal for Tiguan is around 39K for 2 years general service which includes 2 wheel alignment balancing, 2 AC disinfecting, 2 wash and I think one bumper to bumper check up. Works out to be a good deal as other wise without Wheel balancing/alignment and AC disinfecting I paid around 18.5 K last year. This year they were quoting 20K plus for the same. Will let you all know the exact details after I go through the service next weekend. However, thought that I'll share this here so that if someone is due for service may want to use this. Also the monsoon offer is available only until 31st Aug.
Hi raz0405 , yes it's normal that the service is either on reaching the kms or 1 year which ever is earlier .
The deal of 39k is good as I was offered here for 45k after the discount . Also take note that the transmission oils like gear oils etc are not included in the package which you have to pay extra.
Old 16th August 2020, 21:02   #752
BHPian

Hi

An opinion is being expressed on the T-roc thread that with the AutoHold enabled when you come to a complete stop, the transmission disengages and therefore there is no need to shift to N when waiting at red lights for relatively longer durations also.

Can Tiguan owners confirm this. It would be so much less tedious because otherwise i have tried to induce a habit of shifting to N at red lights.
Old 16th August 2020, 21:28   #753
Senior - BHPian

With auto hold, transmission never 'disengages' rather clutch disengages. It's harmless to shift to N as well if wait is longer than 30 seconds. But if the above is applied, in theory you need not shift to N at all.
Old 17th August 2020, 02:26   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
With auto hold, transmission never 'disengages' rather clutch disengages. It's harmless to shift to N as well if wait is longer than 30 seconds. But if the above is applied, in theory you need not shift to N at all.
With the clutch disengaged, the purpose of shifting to N stands served and it's a win win situation.

And just for curiosity sake, would you have any literature to support this mode of operation?
Old 24th August 2020, 17:00   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Hi raz0405 , yes it's normal that the service is either on reaching the kms or 1 year which ever is earlier .
The deal of 39k is good as I was offered here for 45k after the discount . Also take note that the transmission oils like gear oils etc are not included in the package which you have to pay extra.
Thanks Ak007. Got my 2nd year service done and opted for the SVP for 38,999 for 2 years. So I get 2 annual service at 19,500 per service which includes wheel alignment and balancing (charged 1,000 for the weights which was absurd though), AC cleaning/disinfecting and other general service. I opted out of the additional 1.6 K worth of COVID specific fumigation and sanitisation which is anyway useless and just another means of taking more money.
All in all going for the SVP worked out better for me.
Old 24th August 2020, 20:11   #756
BHPian

Hi raz0405, It's good that you got for 39k . As mentioned I was given offer for 45k which I am yet to opt for. Can you confirm if you are going to use it for 3rd and 4th service or you used it for 2nd service and you have the 3rd left ?
My SA informed me that the normal service cost for 3rd service will be 35k and the 4th will be 45k which includes WA, WB , AC disinfectant , transmission oils etc.
The SVP does not cover the transmission oils for both the services. I could not understand what transmission oils are changed at both 3rd and 4th service. Yet to get the answer.
Do you have details of what is covered and what is not in your SVP?
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 11:12   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Hi raz0405, It's good that you got for 39k . As mentioned I was given offer for 45k which I am yet to opt for. Can you confirm if you are going to use it for 3rd and 4th service or you used it for 2nd service and you have the 3rd left ?
My SA informed me that the normal service cost for 3rd service will be 35k and the 4th will be 45k which includes WA, WB , AC disinfectant , transmission oils etc.
The SVP does not cover the transmission oils for both the services. I could not understand what transmission oils are changed at both 3rd and 4th service. Yet to get the answer.
Do you have details of what is covered and what is not in your SVP?
Hi Ak007, I used the SVP for the 2nd year service and have the 3rd left. As far as I know the transmission oil change happens only at 60 K KMs or 4 years whichever is earlier. So not sure why you would need transmission oil change during the 3rd service. Most times the SAs and other service guys are a bit confused on the Tiguan service and procedures. It would be worth to check with a couple of other service centres (if possible) to confirm.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 18:00   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
Thanks Ak007. Got my 2nd year service done and opted for the SVP for 38,999 for 2 years. So I get 2 annual service at 19,500 per service which includes wheel alignment and balancing (charged 1,000 for the weights which was absurd though), AC cleaning/disinfecting and other general service. I opted out of the additional 1.6 K worth of COVID specific fumigation and sanitisation which is anyway useless and just another means of taking more money.
All in all going for the SVP worked out better for me.
Hi Raz, Thanks for the info. I've asked Rahul to send the details. My first service is coming up, which includes free labour. Does it make sense to get this package if that's the case? They told me the cost will only be 11-12k without WA/WB. If they let me take it but bank for the 2nd and 3rd service that seems like it would be a good deal.

On a side note, took a quick spin with the family to stretch our legs and the cars legs. Drove up to Kolar from Whitefield. About 95km round trip. Found a nice little water cachement area and had a mini picnic. Mileage door to door.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-1.jpeg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-2.jpeg  

Old 26th August 2020, 18:34   #759
BHPian

Yes @showboat it makes sense to take it for 2 & 3rd service. Super pics and as always the mileage generally rivals hatchbacks. That’s the beauty of this car. Pity VW got in the Petrol Allspace
Old 28th August 2020, 16:47   #760
BHPian

I spoke to the CSR in Bangalore. They are offering the 2-year package for 38,999. But this is only if you have done your first service, so for year 2 and 3. I'm trying to see if it can be arranged still, but issued after my first service in October.

Also, they gave a breakdown of the 4+1 year package. It is priced at 102,999 after a 4000 discount. This is the value they gave for the wear and tear parts it covers.

PARTS
WORTH
Front Brake Discs - 1 pair
Front Brake Pads - 1 pair
Battery – 1 unit
Wiper Blades - 2 pairs
Total worth

Do those prices seem right? Or are they low based on a service anyone has done?
Old 28th August 2020, 20:31   #761
BHPian

My battery conked off for the second time in 6 months. This was a replaced battery under warranty . Since I passed 2 yrs just few days ago the warranty is no more valid
Had no choice but to purchase a new one . Got it at the ASS and costed 7k+ . Same Exide as there is no other option .
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 21:02   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post

Do those prices seem right? Or are they low based on a service anyone has done?
I have changed the pads, disks and battery.
Battery was in warranty, but I got to know the price of replacement part.

Prices for all these items are at least 20% higher than what is listed here.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 11:02   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I have changed the pads, disks and battery.
Battery was in warranty, but I got to know the price of replacement part.

Prices for all these items are at least 20% higher than what is listed here.
Yes that's what I thought. I still find it beneficial to just go year by year and not take the package for now.

SJ, at what kms/year did the items need to be changed? before the 2nd year?
Old 29th August 2020, 20:56   #764
BHPian

I changed the rear disks and pads at around 28000km. I wasn't expecting the pads to wear out that quick. So continued to drive with worn out pads and the disks got damaged. Otherwise the the disks would have lasted way longer.

For the front disks and pads there is a sensor. So, you will know when it wear out. I changed front when it was 35,000km even before the sensor triggered replacement.

Rear pads wear out close to 25k and front close 35k is what I have observed. I have done a lot of hill terrain driving in the first 2 years. For a regular highway and city, it must be at least 20% more is my guess.
sj_koova is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 06:48   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I changed the rear disks and pads at around 28000km. I wasn't expecting the pads to wear out that quick. So continued to drive with worn out pads and the disks got damaged. Otherwise the the disks would have lasted way longer.

For the front disks and pads there is a sensor. So, you will know when it wear out. I changed front when it was 35,000km even before the sensor triggered replacement.

Rear pads wear out close to 25k and front close 35k is what I have observed. I have done a lot of hill terrain driving in the first 2 years. For a regular highway and city, it must be at least 20% more is my guess.
Those distances are not bad at all. I was expecting pads to go closer to 20k so this would be a huge improvement. My usage is 80-20 highway city. With 20% of the highway being hillstation trips. Thanks for the breakdown. I think with my current planned usage it doesn't make sense to take the package then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks