Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:10   #781
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-2017vwtiguan54.jpg

Are the buttons with the seat icon for seat heating or ventilation?

I don't know if this has been posted before or not but it has not been covered in the review thats why I was curious.

NOTE: Mods kindly delete the post as it has been clarified and is part of the review

Last edited by sv97 : 2nd November 2020 at 11:23.
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:20   #782
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Attachment 2075334

Are the buttons with the seat icon for seat heating or ventilation?

I don't know if this has been posted before or not but it has not been covered in the review thats why I was curious.
They are heated and not cooled. It's mentioned in the review as caption to the picture of front seats.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:47   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Congratulations on the Tiguan purchase and welcome to the fold!

What seems like small minor mods actually add a very large aesthetic value. I really like the AC vent covers.

Good luck with the adaptive cruise control upgrade. Does the car have all the sensors it needs for it, besides the control module you got?

Is yours a Highline or Comfortline? I thought all Highline's came with the Virtual Cockpit. I've asked VW how much a replacement Virtual Cockpit would cost so I could get a feel for how much it would cost to upgrade my Comfortline, but they said they don't sell it as is.

Again congratulations and please do keep updating. I'm sure many of us will be avidly following. Also if it's possible do post the Aliexpress links for the accessories you bought. Helpful for anyone else who wants to get them.
Thanks for the appreciation! Ours is a Tiguan HIGHLINE and no it never came with a Virtual Cockpit from the factory, something which I feel is a horrible omission. However, you can easily have it retrofitted on your Comfortline and I have seen 2-3 such installations. The approximate costs I have heard touch the 80k mark or so.

As of now, I believe the Tiguan HIGHLINE VW sold in India needs the following for Adaptive Cruise Retrofit :-
  • Adaptive Cruise Radar
  • Adaptive Cruise Radar Wiring Harness
  • Ceramic Volkswagen Tiguan Logo Compatible with ACC
  • Adaptive Cruise Compliant Steering Wheel Buttons
Other than the buttons, I have placed orders for everything else. I was earlier not aware that I would need the new set of buttons on the Left Side.

I do not wish to upgrade to Lane Keeping Assist as of now as this would need a Camera behind the inside rear view mirror and the costs of this project are a lot higher.

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_20200801_190716.jpg

This is the present Emblem 2K5 853 600 does not work with Adaptive Cruise. On the car, it looks remarkably similar to the ACC compliant logo, but I will share a side by side photo of the Radar Compliant Logo 5NA 853 601 and the original logo once the shipment arrives.

Links to some accessories :-
  1. Aluminium Pedal Caps for DSG : https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_9yS0mN
  2. Rear AC Vent Cover :https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AUBASz
  3. Generic Battery Cover :https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_A0yy5F

Will also leave a link to my video if anyone wants to see these accessories in the flesh.
fluidicjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:30   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
The 2019 Tiguan sold in India had a few funny omissions from Volkswagen. The passenger side does not have a seat belt warning anymore. I could not find a sensor and VCDS also confirmed the same. The roof ambient lighting has been entirely removed and not just disabled from VCDS due to the Fire Hazards. The boot stick has 2 buttons for sensor based closing. The vehicle does not come with Virtual Cockpit and does not have the Radar for Adaptive Cruise but VW have provided a wheel which has the buttons for the Virtual Cockpit. The present buttons on the vehicle are not compatible with Adaptive Cruise as per my sources but I'll be able to verify this in a few weeks.
Attachment 2075212
Here is the Adaptive Cruise Control Radar which has just come in.
Attachment 2075223
Welcome to the Tiguan owners club. I also purchased mine in Dec'19 but there are 2 differences with your car.
1. My car has seat belt warning for front passenger.
2. there is only one button in the trunk for memory. A long press of the button would store the current position of the trunk and next time when we open the boot, the trunk would stop at that location.

I also installed silver pedals and they look nice. I also installed additional scuff plate on front side - both. All from the dealer.

Congratulations on your car and wish you happy memories
Mine is a highline but I think the differences are not

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd November 2020 at 05:11. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 5th November 2020, 15:56   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Welcome to the Tiguan owners club. I also purchased mine in Dec'19 but there are 2 differences with your car.
1. My car has seat belt warning for front passenger.
2. there is only one button in the trunk for memory. A long press of the button would store the current position of the trunk and next time when we open the boot, the trunk would stop at that location.

I also installed silver pedals and they look nice. I also installed additional scuff plate on front side - both. All from the dealer.

Congratulations on your car and wish you happy memories
Mine is a highline but I think the differences are not
We might have different build months on our vehicle. As per ETKA, my vehicle is from June 2019 and there have been a few omissions/changes in the subsequent months. Would like to share some more updates :-

Voice Command
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_20201105_151752.jpg
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_20201105_151754.jpg
This Activation Disc was a gift from the Dealership and was installed during the First Swaagat Service. I like how it can switch between Audio Sources like Radio, CD, USB and switch radio stations, but overall, it is not that helpful and fails to work quite a number of times. I would not recommend anyone buying it voluntarily. Google Now and Siri are nice, but sadly they don't have vehicular integration.

Owner's Manual
Contrary to popular belief, my vehicle did come with an Owner's Manual placed in a quality leather pouch with a few more guides about the Radio and other Features in the vehicle.

Ambient Roof Lighting
This was a beautiful feature which I had loved when I first saw a Tiguan, but my vehicle does not have it at all. Initially, it was deactivated from the dealer, but the problem was not in the software, but in the wiring harness which was prone to sparking. I read about this only a few weeks ago and turns out this is a world wide recall. Volkswagen even has an updated wiring harness on ETKA to correct this, and it is truly sad that they chose to axe it in the models they sold later.

You can read more about this here.

Sensor Based Closing of The Boot
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-dsc07276squashed.jpg
A couple of my friends were wondering why the car comes with two Electric Boot buttons and so I thought I'd briefly explain how to get the feature working. So the button with an LED light is to be pressed once after which it starts blinking and beeping. Grab something from inside the boot and then walk off away from the vehicle and the Tiguan indeed closes the boot on its own. If you walk towards or stand close to the vehicle, as a safety measure, the Boot will not close on its own. This works flawlessly for me, and my friends had the same positive experience.

Battery
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-screenshot-20201105-3.55.16-pm.png
OE part number is 000 915 105 DE but what should be of interest is the Tiguan battery is rated 61AH/330A with PR No. J0N (61AH/330A). As per VCDS and ODIS, I did not see any Battery Energy Module and so I believe the battery can be safely replaced outside provided its the same capacity and specification. Some VAG cars may require Battery Coding, but as of now, I have not spotted the installation of a Battery Energy Module.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-dsc07277squashed.jpg  

fluidicjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 04:17   #786
MVM
BHPian

Hi All,
Wishing you all a happy deepawali. My Tiguan is due for its first oil service. Any suggestions for a reliable service center and service advisor in south Bangalore? How about Volkswagen Mysore road? Greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Old 11th November 2020, 11:34   #787
BHPian

Congratulations on your Tiguan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
1. Stuck Fuel Lid Actuator
Attachment 2075205
The fuel lid seems to be a very flimsy assembly which is very easy to be improperly aligned if a fuel attendant is not careful. One fine day at a diesel station, the fuel lid just refused to budge.
I have also faced the same issue with my vehicle and figured that it is an alignment issue. Thank you for providing a solution. Let me try this out.
Old 12th November 2020, 10:01   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVM View Post
Hi All,
Wishing you all a happy deepawali. My Tiguan is due for its first oil service. Any suggestions for a reliable service center and service advisor in south Bangalore? How about Volkswagen Mysore road? Greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Thanks @MVM
I preferred VW Bangalore North (Next to Elements Mall) for my Tiguan. Felt they were good and you can either reach out to Rahul or Neil there. Also, there are some offers running as part of Volksfest which would turn out beneficial for you in terms of opting for a SVP.
Old 19th November 2020, 22:02   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Battery will most probably NOT be replaced under warranty. Warrant states that they will replace within 2 years irrespective of when the second battery was replaced. My replaced battery was dead in 6 months and just 1 year after 2 years of my purchase. I was not given a battery replacement and had to buy a new one at 7k+.
Like many in the group my battery conked off just after 2 years. I had taken the car on a drive from Bangalore to Pondicherry last week. Was on the way to Mahabalipuram from Pondicherry when I stopped to buy some bottled water and the car didn't start . VW service was supportive though. Since it was a Sunday and Diwali didn't have the time to get the car jump started and taken to service center. Just went ahead and bought an Exide battery from a small local shop there and fixed it. My regular mechanic in Bangalore suggested I go for Exide and not Amaron. Only downside is that I didn't get DIN 66 battery and had to go for 60 AH Exide as I didn't have much options in a small roadside shop there.

My Rapid earlier survived on the stock battery for 4 years. The mystery with VW and its batteries continue I guess
raz0405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 17:05   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
Like many in the group my battery conked off just after 2 years. I had taken the car on a drive from Bangalore to Pondicherry last week. Was on the way to Mahabalipuram from Pondicherry when I stopped to buy some bottled water and the car didn't start .
Sorry to hear about the battery Raz. I took my car for its 1st service and the SA said it's a combination of the imported battery, the electronics using the battery when it's locked (for the security system, lol), and the weather. I don't know how much any of that is true, but it's shameful to see that it's happening to many owners in different cities on a premium car. He did say the battery has a 2-year warranty and they give a 2-year warranty on the replacement so do explore this.

Regarding the 1st service. It went smoothly. I had some minor rattling in the front driver's door so that delayed me getting the car by a night. I opted out of WA/WB as I do that outside (Madhu's or BM Lal depending on the city). Told him to just do the required items, so no AC disinfectant or Covid cleaning. Basic wash. The total was Rs. 10,500 (labor free for 1st service). All in all not too bad.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 21:37   #791
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion and info @showboat. Since my battery conked off when I was in a place where I could not avail the VW Service in a timely manner I chose to get the battery fixed myself. I agree with you on the quality/suitability of the batteries for our conditions has to be definitely thought through by VW. I got my front brake pads replaced at ~ 32,000 KMs. I got it done by my mechanic who sourced OEM pads and fixed it for me. Cost Rs. 6,750 including pick up and drop.
Old 24th November 2020, 12:43   #792
BHPian

I have faced the same in my Jetta. the battery conked off promptly at the 2 year mark. Since it was in warranty and the car was in service at the time the battery conked of, they replaced it with a new one, with a one year warranty. The new one conked off exactly after a year and a few days. Finally went for an Amaron and its been trouble free for the last 3 years now.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 23:42   #793

I had taken my Tiguan for a road trip to Matheran and Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad. Fantastic performance on both highways and ghats. Once I returned to Hyderabad, today morning I noticed that all four window buttons near the drivers seat have stopped working and the switches have become loose. Also, the window lock button seems to have gone inside totally and isn’t working when I press it. Have any of you faced this issue? What could be the reason for it? I have yet to take the vehicle to the service centre but I am already worried whether the warranty will cover this. Hoping that it is a minor issue. But still shocked that such an issue has come up within one year of purchase of the vehicle. Any solutions to this if anyone have faced this issue? TIA
volksvig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 20:40   #794
BHPian

Quote:
I have a few fresh updates on my Tiguan, first I have replaced the stock Hankook tyres with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV 235/65R17 108V tyres which have improved the ride, handling and braking.
Hi I was curious. Isn’t that beyond the normal upsizing limit?
I see the nearest size would be 235/60 R17. Though none of these sizes would be made in India.
Is your speed reading etc all working ok?

My Tiguan Comfortline lost its original Exide battery Nov 19 in Allahabad during a drive Mumbai Kolkata, when I had stopped in Civil lines to buy something.
It was 2 years and 3 months from purchase date.
The VW RSA came up trumps and I got a breakdown truck in about 30 mins. This was eight in the evening. Got jump start to go back to hotel. Next morning called the local VW service who said it will take days to get the battery.

Called the local Battery dealer whose name I had got from JustDial, they recommended Exide Epiq 70DIN with 3 years unlimited and 2 more years proportional warranty.
They came in 1 hour time and replaced the battery and I was good to go.

Later I checked with my friends in Kolkata who are in Motor trade and they were very positive about the Epiq Battery. It’s running since then and has had a forced idle time of 3.5 months during Covid. No problem at all.

The car has been to service center in Mumbai thrice since then, and nobody made a fuss about the battery though the car is in warranty still. I have had the Aircon cooling coil which developed a leak during the forced idling due Covid, and ABS sensor front left which failed about fifteen days back, replaced under warranty.

My Skoda Yeti original Varta battery had lasted me about 5 years and died in Kolkata on another trip. That was due to the fact that car was idle for about six weeks in Kolkata.
Then I had replaced it with Amaron. I sold the Yeti after another two years. The Battery was working fine.
Old 5th December 2020, 15:42   #795
MVM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volksvig View Post
I had taken my Tiguan for a road trip to Matheran and Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad. Fantastic performance on both highways and ghats. Once I returned to Hyderabad, today morning I noticed that all four window buttons near the drivers seat have stopped working and the switches have become loose. Also, the window lock button seems to have gone inside totally and isn’t working when I press it. Have any of you faced this issue? What could be the reason for it? I have yet to take the vehicle to the service centre but I am already worried whether the warranty will cover this. Hoping that it is a minor issue. But still shocked that such an issue has come up within one year of purchase of the vehicle. Any solutions to this if anyone have faced this issue? TIA
That is sad to hear volksvig. Can you please post some photos of the switches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks