Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:40   #811
Senior - BHPian

Go for it. It'll be a blast (I hope not literally)

Remap - 40K
Tyres - 70-80K
Battery - 8-12K
Break pads - 25K (all four sets)
DSG oil - recommended at 60K or 4 years, costs about 15K with DSG service

Others you don't need to worry about car must still be in standard warranty of 4 years. Do extend it to max possible years/KMS.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 15:44   #812
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
hello fellow Tiguan Owners,
Has anyone thought about ECU remapping of Tiguan? I am considering a 37000 kms run, 2017 highline offered at 22 lacs. Being a happy owner of 2012 Jetta which was later pete's tuned (stage-1) to bring the best of both worlds, I am genuinely considering Tiguan. I am never happy running stock maps atleast on mod friendly Germans.

Also, what kind of expenses I am looking at? I have thought of following:
1) new tyres, the stock R18 will need replacement - 60K for all 4 tyres?
2) New Battery ??
3) New breakpads, not sure but can get it checked at VW
4) Transmission oil?? , whats the recommended interval for change?

Apart from this, any other usual suspects like Aircon, condensor, waterpump??

Thanks in advance.
It's a great car post remap. I test drove one just before the lockdown as I was also intrigued. Id say performance feels better than a Q3 but not by much. Which for a 25-40k upgrade well worth it.
1. ECU remaps range from 25-40k, ECU + TCU will come out to around 75k
HP will get to 185-190, Torque around 420-450NM
2. Tires depends on brand. Hankooks are around 25k each, Pirellis were around 13k each.
3. 10-12k per pair (if at VW), less outside.
4. I know its done at 60k service or 4 years, and the price point is around 10-12k with labour.
showboat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 17:01   #813
BHPian

My car will be due for her first service in the next few weeks. Looking for recommendation for good service centre in NCR.

The car was picked through VW Capital.

Though the nearest for me is VW Lucknow but i am not sure they would even have all the filters in stock. Anybody having experience with VW Lucknow?
Old 16th January 2021, 02:40   #814
BHPian

Anybody here getting VW diesel additive added at every service?

Apparently, the system generated the item upon punching of VIN during the first service. But since it wasn't available with the service centre, it was skipped.

Should i just procure it on my own from some other service centre and add?

Part no. G001790M3
Old 22nd January 2021, 21:19   #815

Wanted to share my Tiguan 15K / One Year Service experience and few observations.

Pickup/Drop was free and no labor charges for the first year service which is a good news

However 3779.25/- INR charged for Wheel balance and alignment including Nitrogen filling. Which is surprising coz we can do this for 1000/- INR out side.

Pollen Filter wasn't changed upon asking they said not required. Don't know why

Major surprise is 5lts engine oil filled and the SA mentioned they have only liter cans hence extra 300ml was also used but nothing to worry

Attached itemized bill for your ref:

When I did online calculation in VW website for first year service Pollen Filter and Diesel Fuel Additive is clearly mentioned.

May be Indian version of VW service
Old 22nd January 2021, 21:57   #816

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
Wanted to share my Tiguan 15K / One Year Service experience and few observations.

Pickup/Drop was free and no labor charges for the first year service which is a good news

However 3779.25/- INR charged for Wheel balance and alignment including Nitrogen filling. Which is surprising coz we can do this for 1000/- INR out side.

Pollen Filter wasn't changed upon asking they said not required. Don't know why

Major surprise is 5lts engine oil filled and the SA mentioned they have only liter cans hence extra 300ml was also used but nothing to worry

Attached itemized bill for your ref:

When I did online calculation in VW website for first year service Pollen Filter and Diesel Fuel Additive is clearly mentioned.

May be Indian version of VW service
Forgot attachments, included Online Service Maintenance Attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan15kservice.jpeg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-vwindiaonlinecheck.jpeg  

BlackHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 22:40   #817

Came across an issue with rear left grab handle. The spring and support plastic knob came apart which makes the grab handle dangling (doesn't soft close)

Seems like a known issue:https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewt...=5629&start=20

VW SA mentioned entire part needs to be replaced which would cost 4500/- INR including tax and labor.

Rest of the world is saying replaced and covered under warranty. Writing to VW India Customer Service for the clarification

Anybody faced this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-grabhandlesupportknob.jpeg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguangrabhandlespring.jpeg  

Old 23rd January 2021, 23:13   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Forgot attachments, included Online Service Maintenance Attachment
Hi

Even I got the first service done recently. However, they changed all four filters in my car. WA/WB was safely avoided.

However, the additive and sunroof lubricant wasn't available. Your bill doesn't mention either of these two. Were they used?

Also, how do we access the service cost calculator. Couldn't find the link on the website.

Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 14:58   #819

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi

Even I got the first service done recently. However, they changed all four filters in my car. WA/WB was safely avoided.

However, the additive and sunroof lubricant wasn't available. Your bill doesn't mention either of these two. Were they used?

Also, how do we access the service cost calculator. Couldn't find the link on the website.

Thanks
Pls. check Owners section: https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/sit...ostcalculator/

Could you confirm Engine Oil charged and filled for your Tiguan?

Thanks
BlackHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 15:32   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Pls. check Owners section: https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/sit...ostcalculator/

Could you confirm Engine Oil charged and filled for your Tiguan?

Thanks
Thanks for the link. It helps.

Anyway, i insisted on the 1 litre packs to be used instead of the drum. They were reluctant saying that they use the can to top up only but ultimately gave in. They poured a little over 4.5 litres and the level was over the half way mark. Asked them to keep the remaining in the boot and i will top up in the morning after checking the level.

So i was charged for 5 litres of that oil- Special-D they call it now which is apparently a Shell oil going by the oil can design. Cost for 5 litres is around 4800.

Also, as per the schedule on the website, three filters are mentioned. However, all four were changed in mine.

Did they use the lubricant in your car for lubricating the sunroof? And the fuel additive?

Last edited by torque18 : 25th January 2021 at 15:47.
Old 25th January 2021, 17:27   #821

Quote:
Thanks for the link. It helps.
====
Did they use the lubricant in your car for lubricating the sunroof? And the fuel additive?
There was no such discussion happened about Sunroof Lubricant and Fuel Additive as well. I will ask them when I go for Grab Handle replacement.
Old 25th January 2021, 19:59   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Tiguan owners. I own a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDI manual and am looking at upgrading to a pre owned 2019 Tiguan Comfortline and wanted to get a few things cleared in this regard:

- What exactly is the warranty status on the car? Is it 4 years standard from the factory or 2 year standard warranty with a 2 year extension

- Though I haven't come across any issues about the car on this thread in general apart from the crap battery, are there any other known electronic gremlins such as wheel speed sensors or the likes?

- Finally, what do the service costs look like for the Tiguan? I guess the Haldex differential oil needs to be changed at 60K km apart from the DSG fluid right? Could someone shed light on this one?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old 25th January 2021, 23:02   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Came across an issue with rear left grab handle. The spring and support plastic knob came apart which makes the grab handle dangling (doesn't soft close)
Anybody faced this issue?
Faced this issue during the Swaagat Service when all of the advisors went on a joyride and broke the grab handles, on a 3 month old car. The rear grab handles were replaced under warranty and yes, it indeed is well documented. Here is a Volkswagen Group bulletin from ERWIN which mentions this instance. Have attached a document below with this information. Note how Volkswagen is not proactively replacing the grab handle. Cheeky move in my opinion.
Quote:
Yes, as per Volkswagen Tiguan's Service Manual, I was a little disappointed to see that Diesel Fuel Additive and Sunroof Lubrication is a mandatory service operation on the Tiguan. The Service centre tried to squeeze in Door Lock Lubrication in this list and I caught him red handed. The Air Filter now seems to be replaced every alternate year. It was only cleaned during my 1 Year 15000km Labour Free service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
- What exactly is the warranty status on the car? Is it 4 years standard from the factory or 2 year standard warranty with a 2 year extension
Thanks a lot in advance
When we picked up the car in December 2019, we were offered a 5 Year Warranty on our car. However, earlier cars were sold with a 2/3/4 Year Warranty, so perhaps depends on the sales code and dealer schematic. Somehow, only the dealer has information about the exact quoted warranty. Just for fun, I called the VW India Helpline asking for how much Warranty coverage I have left and they insisted on calling the Dealership up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Technical product information*2055328:1.pdf (159.6 KB, 224 views)
fluidicjoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:51   #824

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Faced this issue during the Swaagat Service when all of the advisors went on a joyride and broke the grab handles, on a 3 month old car. The rear grab handles were replaced under warranty and yes, it indeed is well documented. Here is a Volkswagen Group bulletin from ERWIN which mentions this instance. Have attached a document below with this information. Note how Volkswagen is not proactively replacing the grab handle. Cheeky move in my opinion.

Yes, as per Volkswagen Tiguan's Service Manual, I was a little disappointed to see that Diesel Fuel Additive and Sunroof Lubrication is a mandatory service operation on the Tiguan. The Service centre tried to squeeze in Door Lock Lubrication in this list and I caught him red handed. The Air Filter now seems to be replaced every alternate year. It was only cleaned during my 1 Year 15000km Labour Free service.

When we picked up the car in December 2019, we were offered a 5 Year Warranty on our car. However, earlier cars were sold with a 2/3/4 Year Warranty, so perhaps depends on the sales code and dealer schematic. Somehow, only the dealer has information about the exact quoted warranty. Just for fun, I called the VW India Helpline asking for how much Warranty coverage I have left and they insisted on calling the Dealership up.
4yrs Volkswagen warranty and 5th year from Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. Just login to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance site with your registered mobile to download a copy.
Old 3rd February 2021, 07:35   #825
BHPian

Quote:
4yrs Volkswagen warranty and 5th year from Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. Just login to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance site with your registered mobile to download a copy.
Was this the 5th year coverage given through VW? Mine was directly through VW. I received an email/certificate from the dealer about 3 months later (with a little follow up). I bought the car in Oct 2019.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks