Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2021, 18:28   #856
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

I had a word with SA at B. U. Bhandari (Pune) VW today to check on when they plan to open up bookings for Tiguan (5 seater) and possible launch date. To my surprise, he said (from the internal communication) VW is busy at this point in planning to launch Taigun in June and Tiguan (5 seater) would only be launched sometime around August and to check back around that time.

This to me didn't sound right as it seems contradictory to what I have been hearing from the leadership at both Skoda and VW during their media interviews regarding launch timelines of Kushaq and Taigun to help give each product sufficient breathing space to not cannibalize each other's market right at launch. Skoda has already annouced they are launch Kushaq at the end of June, so I was expecting Taigun to be launched around August if not later. Also, Ashish Gupta had suggested that they would be launching Tiguan (5 seater) first followed by Taigun.

But then this might just be a change in their launch strategy given the uncertain times and or a poor soul (SA at dealership) confused about similar sounding products

The worst thing was, SA said there is absolutely no information/discussion on Tiguan (5 seater) and that he is not even aware if it's a CKD or CBU (ignorance).

Auto industry is one such industry where most of the time the customer is more aware about a companies product than the sales team. I just love that

Last edited by cloudno19 : 20th May 2021 at 18:44. Reason: added Dealer location.
cloudno19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 18:49   #857
BHPian

As per this article, 5 seater Tiguan bookings are unofficially now open with dealers, do anyone have any confirmed update on this?

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/vo...in-june-46648/
Old 29th May 2021, 18:07   #858
BHPian

This being my first post. Thought of getting straight to the point. Has everyone activated their panoramic surrounding LEDs? I had it done a year ago. Got a call from the SS for a Campaign.

In a few days, as the highways open for safe travel, I would be going to do a 0 to 100, and 120 to 0 speed and distance tests of my Tiguan Highline. The image only shows a test run with full passenger load.

A proper 0 to 100 drag run of the Tiguan is due.
I have recently purchased the Racebox Pro, for such precise time and distance measurements of my cars.
Posting the results soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-20210526_111322.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th May 2021 at 20:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged, removing mentions of speeding, clubbing sentences into paras for better readability.
Old 29th May 2021, 19:24   #859
MVM
BHPian

Hi All,
Need help. My driver’s side wiper shudders at low speed- guess time to change the blade? Any thoughts on wiper blades from Bosch or others? Blaupunkt has adapters which seem to fit the top clip / button type adapter for Tiguan. Not sure if it is 16mm or 19mm. Would greatly appreciate if anyone has changed the blades- size, make, cost etc. thanks a ton.

Some links I found on search

https://www.boschaftermarket.com/xrm...1808563_en.pdf

https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/blaupunk...le)-Right/199/
Old 31st May 2021, 12:44   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayjoshi View Post
This being my first post. Thought of getting straight to the point. Has everyone activated their panoramic surrounding LEDs? I had it done a year ago. Got a call from the SS for a Campaign.

In a few days, as the highways open for safe travel, I would be going to do a 0 to 100, and 120 to 0 speed and distance tests of my Tiguan Highline. The image only shows a test run with full passenger load.

A proper 0 to 100 drag run of the Tiguan is due.
I have recently purchased the Racebox Pro, for such precise time and distance measurements of my cars.
Posting the results soon.
Nice to see this @amayjoshi. Curious to see the results of your 0-100 suing the racebox pro. I haven't tried measuring the time with an equipment, however with a mobile stop watch generally used to see times which are much quicker than what was shared in the reviews of Indian version of the Tiguan
Old 31st May 2021, 12:48   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
As per this article, 5 seater Tiguan bookings are unofficially now open with dealers, do anyone have any confirmed update on this?

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/vo...in-june-46648/
From the dealer sources I got in touch with I got to know that the 5 seater Tiguan can be expected to be available before the festive season (sometime in September timeframe)
Old 31st May 2021, 20:28   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
From the dealer sources I got in touch with I got to know that the 5 seater Tiguan can be expected to be available before the festive season (sometime in September timeframe)
So my earlier post regarding launch timelines of Taigun and Tiguan seems to be falling in place. In this video Ashish Gupta has confirmed that Taigun will be launching in Aug 2021 (festive season) which seems very much aligned to what they had suggested at the launch to allow some space for Kushaq.

This would also mean, that Tiguan is very much near for launch around June (while nothing mentioned in this video), but that's what the reports (posted by me in earlier post) are suggesting (speculation).
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:51   #863
BHPian

I too was under the impression that Tiguan launch (along with price announcement) will happen in 1st week of June and car availability will be from Aug-Sep.

But I spoke to my dealer yesterday and according to him, launch will happen June-end or maybe even pushed to August, and car deliveries will happen only after September.

He low-key let me know that though company wanted a significant difference between the launch of Tiguan and Taigun to keep VW in news, they are now worried that June launch will see interest for Tiguan die down by the time lockdown lifts up completely and people decide to actually purchase cars.

and the fact that Taigun and Tiguan are from entirely different segments, VW doesn't minds close (to each other) launches of the car, as along as both are in the market before the festive season.
ghost-was-here is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 01:46   #864
BHPian

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-20210612_231722.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-screenshot_20210612230525.jpg

On a casual drive along an empty road tempted me to do a quick 0 to 60 drag run.

I am really surprised by the way it accelerated by a more than decent 0.71g (equivalent to 7m/s2).

A car weighing upwards of 1740kg performs and handles really well. Did a launch mode by deactivating ASR, S mode, auto hold off, left foot on brake, right foot all the way down till 2800rpm.
Check out the video of its acceleration.
I am planning to do a drag race between my Tiguan and My Nexon ev, which seems equally fast, if not faster.
Old 14th June 2021, 00:50   #865
BHPian

It has been only 6 months, that I had changed the cells of both key fobs, and now it is asking me to replace the batteries.
The cells were changed at the SS itself. Has anyone felt the need to replace the batteries twice in a year?
Old 14th June 2021, 07:04   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVM View Post
Hi All,
Need help. My driver’s side wiper shudders at low speed- guess time to change the blade?
Replying to an old question. Windshield fluid such as rainx can cause the wiper to shudder. If you are using it, then flush and use the factory recommended one and check if you can see the difference.
Old 15th June 2021, 03:26   #867
MVM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Replying to an old question. Windshield fluid such as rainx can cause the wiper to shudder. If you are using it, then flush and use the factory recommended one and check if you can see the difference.
Hi thanks! This car is on its original wiper blade-1 1/2 years old car. As the service centers were closed, was trying to source from elsewhere.
Does Bosch or TVS make the button type adapter blades required for the car?
Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 18:57   #868

Hi all,

I am planning to carry out a remap of my 2.0 TDI.

I use this as my daily drive and aim to keep for atleast 6 more years.

Do you think it is worth doing an ECU and TCU remap.

I was recommended by an informed friend to approach Etuners. Does anyone have any feedback or opinion on this matter? Is it a good decision.

Should I do only an ECU tune and leave the TCU as is?

Please do help I am reading a lot online but very less is available for Tiguans especially of BS4 era.

Are there any long term implications?
DieselTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 13:05   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volksvig View Post
Hello

I want to upgrade to the Tiguan Allspace Petrol. I presently have a Tiguan diesel highline December 2019 model. It has run 15k km. If you are interested do let me know.
Hello Volksvig,

If it is still available, kindly mail me: reachswamyreddy@gmail.com
Old 10th July 2021, 15:31   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTurbo View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to carry out a remap of my 2.0 TDI.

I use this as my daily drive and aim to keep for atleast 6 more years.

Do you think it is worth doing an ECU and TCU remap.

I was recommended by an informed friend to approach Etuners. Does anyone have any feedback or opinion on this matter? Is it a good decision.

Should I do only an ECU tune and leave the TCU as is?

Please do help I am reading a lot online but very less is available for Tiguans especially of BS4 era.

Are there any long term implications?
I believe most tuners will ask for TCU Tune along with ECU for DSGs. You can also reach out to Harmonixx Tuning in Bangalore who are great with VAG engines. Also what I found is they are very responsive on social media solving your doubts. Infact they had put in detailed data of one of their tuned Tiguan. If not wrong stage 1 is 200 BHP and 405 NM torque and they also have dyno facility (2 wheel dyno)

My Octavia TDI Manual tuning was done at Pete’s Cochin and they had recommended TCU tune during my initial conversation thinking it’s DSG. Running on remap since April and super happy with the decision (as per them it is 190 bhp and 400 nm torque)

Last edited by sunikkat : 10th July 2021 at 15:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks