Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2021, 16:21   #871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTurbo View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to carry out a remap of my 2.0 TDI.

Do you think it is worth doing an ECU and TCU remap.

Should I do only an ECU tune and leave the TCU as is?

Please do help I am reading a lot online but very less is available for Tiguans especially of BS4 era.

Are there any long term implications?
There should be no harm getting a standard ECU remap for the Tiguan as the engine is tried and tested.

I'd avoid the TCU tune: it's not mandatory and I didn't get the same in my Laura. Many others too just got a standard map and have come out equally happy.

Long term: increased wear and tear marginally - though the 60Kkms post remap on the Laura were trouble free, and the car will smoke significantly more on hard acceleration.

I got my map from Tune-O-Tronics but its best to see who has the most number of happy 2.0TDi customers.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 20:38   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTurbo View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to carry out a remap of my 2.0 TDI.

I use this as my daily drive and aim to keep for atleast 6 more years.

Do you think it is worth doing an ECU and TCU remap.
Owning one amongst the last 2020 Tiguan 2.0 TDI and have covered a measly 10k kms in the past year. I intend to remap my car too but a bit concerned about the warranty, since VW is known to cause issues with regards to warranty if any modifications are found. Please keep us posted on which tune and tuner you go for and your experience post remap.

Regards
Old 26th July 2021, 13:09   #873
GTO
Team-BHP Support

We've been using my sister's Tiguan since a few days because we needed her chauffeur. Nice car, but the ride quality is too stiff & too bumpy. This is not a suspension I could live with. A deal-breaker for me as one feels each & every pothole of Bombay! This is a European-tune suspension that VW should have softened for India:

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-20210726-09.35.44.jpg
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 15:40   #874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice car, but the ride quality is too stiff & too bumpy. This is not a suspension I could live with.
You have made this point before. But based on my experience with the Allspace, we (my family and I) actually like the stiff suspension - makes the ride much less floaty. Not sure if the Allspace has a softer suspension than the Diesel Tiguan - but we certainly don’t see this as a problem.
Hayek is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 15:51   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We've been using my sister's Tiguan since a few days because we needed her chauffeur. Nice car, but the ride quality is too stiff & too bumpy. This is not a suspension I could live with. A deal-breaker for me as one feels each & every pothole of Bombay! This is a European-tune suspension that VW should have softened for India:

Attachment 2183997
I actually found the suspension on the Allspace to be acceptable (Not sure if it's the same setup as the Tiguan TDI). It's not as supple as say a Jeep Compass, but I won't call it unbearable. My dad is far more sensitive to ride quality and even he didn't complain one bit about the suspension. This might also be because I drive a Jetta.

One complain I do have though is the suspension travel on the Allspace. It seems to be too short. You will hear the front end especially when traversing speed breakers. The shocks max out quite early and give out a thud when coming down taller speedbreakers and the rear anyways doesn't like going about its work silently, just like any other multilink suspension. Anything above 30-40 kmhr and you are greeted with a thud no matter what the size of the pothole.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 19:38   #876
BHPian

I own a Tiguan TDI Comfortline. I don't seem to have any problems with the ride. Though not very cushy, it's not uncomfortable. Yes, I hear the thud more than actually feel it. I recently changed the tires and it has made the ride a tad bit better than earlier. All in all I don't have any complaints in ride and handling.
Old 27th July 2021, 19:59   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO's point can be referenced - Bhpian Dhruv29 has detailed the suspension noise in the Tigual Allspace thread, as per him the premature failure of the link rod can be attributed to less suspension travel and it bottoming out easily. I would imagine vehicles that are marketed on our road without adequate 'Indianizing' will suffer the consequences.

link
Old 17th August 2021, 15:59   #878
BHPian

Anyone here has got the 3rd year (45 K) service done? Any inputs, things to look out for is welcome . I am due for the service in the next 5-6 days.
Old 17th August 2021, 17:02   #879
BHPian

I have recently done the 3yr service for my Tiguan HL. Though my vehicle has completed only 15000 km they have gone for the usual service and changed gearbox oil also. One of the ABS sensors was also replaced under warranty.
Old 18th August 2021, 20:06   #880
BHPian

Thanks @AjiGTI. Yes, they change everything that are scheduled to be changed with or without the necessary mileage. They change diesel filter every year or 15 K Kms which I think is not done at Skoda for their cars. They have 30 K or 2 year interval.
Old 23rd August 2021, 12:41   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
I own a Tiguan TDI Comfortline. I don't seem to have any problems with the ride. Though not very cushy, it's not uncomfortable. Yes, I hear the thud more than actually feel it. I recently changed the tires and it has made the ride a tad bit better than earlier. All in all I don't have any complaints in ride and handling.
Hi,
I just saw this post and noticed you have changed tyres recently.
I also own a 2017 Comfortline and now looking for a change of at least a pair of tyres.
Already replaced two of the original Hancooks with Pirellis, as one of them had suffered a bad sidewall cut. In Mumbai no Dealer seems to have 215/65 R17 tyres in stock.
I do not like Lo Profile tyres as I do a lot of driving in our NHs as well as State highways with their fair to bad road surfaces.
Question is did you upsize or could you find the original size? if so which brand and where?
Thank you in advance.
Old 23rd August 2021, 14:18   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Hi,
I just saw this post and noticed you have changed tyres recently.
I also own a 2017 Comfortline and now looking for a change of at least a pair of tyres.
Already replaced two of the original Hancooks with Pirellis, as one of them had suffered a bad sidewall cut. In Mumbai no Dealer seems to have 215/65 R17 tyres in stock.
I do not like Lo Profile tyres as I do a lot of driving in our NHs as well as State highways with their fair to bad road surfaces.
Question is did you upsize or could you find the original size? if so which brand and where?
Thank you in advance.
I don't think the stock size (215/65/R17) is available anywhere. I went for a upsize (225/65/R17) Pirelli Scorpio. The best fitting upsize is 235/60/R17. Only Michelin had this size when I fitted and was selling at a premium of 18.5K per tyre. So, I went with the Pirelli's compromising a bit of an error (+1.8%). Pirelli costed me around 13,750 per tyre in Bangalore. I noticed that the ride is better due to bigger side wall, noise reduced. Felt the agility to be a bit down. It's very minute and nothing to worry about. The mileage figures and the KMs readings will have a 1.8% difference. So you will lose around a KM in terms in mileage per litre and every 100KMs shown in the ODO would mean that you would have actually travelled 101.8 KMs
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:05   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjiGTI View Post
I have recently done the 3yr service for my Tiguan HL. Though my vehicle has completed only 15000 km they have gone for the usual service and changed gearbox oil also. One of the ABS sensors was also replaced under warranty.
Hi, I am surprised that they changed your gearbox oil at 3rd year service. So far as I am aware it is changed at 80000Km plus.

I just did end of 4 years service which would mean 60000Km when actually I have only done 35000Kms. I am attaching the bill. the total comes to about 24-25000Rs in Mumbai.
Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tiguan_4th Service 1.pdf (4.38 MB, 208 views)
File Type: pdf Tiguan_4th Service 2.pdf (2.74 MB, 141 views)
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:09   #884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Hi, I am surprised that they changed your gearbox oil at 3rd year service. So far as I am aware it is changed at 80000Km plus.

Hope this helps.
As per VW Website, Tiguan gearbox oil is to be changed at 3 years / 45Kkm service.
Would advise getting it done, especially if you have extended warranty.

My SA advised of the same a few months ago when I sent the car for a general check up.
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:20   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
As per VW Website, Tiguan gearbox oil is to be changed at 3 years / 45Kkm service.
Would advise getting it done, especially if you have extended warranty.

My SA advised of the same a few months ago when I sent the car for a general check up.
Hi, Thank you. I will get in touch with service Manager. As tha SA had told me that it is only due at 6th year service, when I had asked him as I was handing the car in

I have been looking for the service interval at various documents. I have the original service and repair manuals from VW Europe on payment.

Unfortunately the actual engine gearbox combination is not there. nearest one 120KW-7DSG 2Ltr. But i find 60000 Miles or 80000 kms as only reference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks