Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:24   #901
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post

Quote for Hankook was 24k per tyre. Do you know how much is Continental sport contact 5?
The Continental isn't available in India in that size. You will have to get it through VW and prices would therefore be highly inflated I am assuming.

For Hankooks, I think the prices have gone down considerably. I read on this very thread bhp-ians being quoted 36-37k a piece for Hankooks. Is this quote from VW and is it the same selfseal type?
Old 24th September 2021, 16:49   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Quote for Hankook was 24k per tyre. Do you know how much is Continental sport contact 5?
Hi

I got wheel balancing and alignment on my Allspace last week at a popular tyre shop in Hyderabad. They had Michelin Primacy 3 ST and Pirelli tyres in stock in the required size. I was casually checking with the person at the counter and therefore do not remember the estimate to the point but it was around 22-24k per tyre. Michelin had only 1 option while Pirelli had 2 options, one self-healing tyre and one regular.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:07   #903
BHPian

Agree with Kalyan, may be we must have checked at the same shop, When I checked a couple of months ago , Pirelli with self sealing was much cheaper than michellin. (21k+ and 24k+ respectively)

Last edited by Ak007 : 24th September 2021 at 17:09.
Ak007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 15:11   #904
BHPian

Anybody opted for 6th year extended warranty?

I have 4+1 EW as of now which was given with the car.

Checked the price for the sixth year and it's approximately 66k.
Old 28th September 2021, 15:13   #905
Senior - BHPian

Rs. 66,000 is a lot. I recall reading that 7 years warranty is available. How much for the 7th year then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Anybody opted for 6th year extended warranty? I have 4+1 EW as of now which was given with the car. Checked the price for the sixth year and it's approximately 66k.
Old 28th September 2021, 15:23   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Rs. 66,000 is a lot. I recall reading that 7 years warranty is available. How much for the 7th year then?
VW has a weird EW policy. EW can be purchased once. Either it's 4+1 or 4+2. And after that you have to purchase, what they refer to as Add-on warranty on yearly basis.

So the quote that i have been given should be for the add on warranty and if i am interpreting it correctly then for the 7th year it should be similar.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 16:41   #907
BHPian

What I was informed was the extended warranty is for vehicles purchased from 2019. Vehicles purchased earlier are not eligible for extended warranty and only add on warranty can be purchased. Was interacting with the SA as to if it is worth taking the add on with such high cost . He was confidently says it's worth it as for ex if the steering rack assembly ( can't recall the exact name ) has issue it will be well over 1L .��

Just for your information if anyone is planning to get painting works for Tiguan. There is a package offer going on now which is 17k for any 3 panels and valid for 2 yrs. Normal cost for painting the bonnet is approx around 12-13k and the door will be approx 10k. So felt it was worth looking into for those looking to get paint job at the SC.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2021 at 00:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks.
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 21:42   #908
BHPian

Need an urgent help. I am out for weekend and had front tire got punctured on the way in ghat road where probably a big iron stuff hit(comfort line, 215/65, 17 inch alloys).
The damage was quite a big, the side wall has a big hole. Attached the photo. I doubt this can be punctured. Can this be repaired? Is it worth the try considering the safety.

I see from the past posts that someone tried with continental and Michelin. Can anyone recently tried? What works best which can go along with other 3 pretty good conditioned hankook?

Also I am in Mangalore now and hope I can find one here.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-dbd3c2939aee4a619b6012e1b2e24dae.jpeg  

Last edited by lokii_83 : 29th October 2021 at 21:43.
Old 17th November 2021, 22:37   #909
BHPian

Quote:

Should I go with Hankook or switch to Michelin Primacy 4?
Hey, did you get the tyres changed? Please update us to make an informed decision. It's an odd size and therefore is difficult to procure in market. The make, size and cost of the tyres and their availability would be hugely beneficial to all of us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi

I got wheel balancing and alignment on my Allspace last week at a popular tyre shop in Hyderabad. They had Michelin Primacy 3 ST and Pirelli tyres in stock in the required size. I was casually checking with the person at the counter and therefore do not remember the estimate to the point but it was around 22-24k per tyre. Michelin had only 1 option while Pirelli had 2 options, one self-healing tyre and one regular.

--Kalyan
Hello, could you please share the details of this shop. If they have Michelin available in stock size, I might be interested.
Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 23:44   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, did you get the tyres changed? Please update us to make an informed decision. It's an odd size and therefore is difficult to procure in market. The make, size and cost of the tyres and their availability would be hugely beneficial to all of us here.
It is due, but not done yet as I am not using the car much. I pan to change before the end of the year to prepare for some vacation drives in December.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 09:59   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, could you please share the details of this shop. If they have Michelin available in stock size, I might be interested.
Thanks
Ashoka Wheels, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.

I am doubtful if they have Michelin's in stock at the moment as a friend mentioned they were out of stock last week. He was there for the replacement of tyres on his XUV500.

You can also try Xenex, Madhapur, Hyderabad.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 14:44   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Ashoka Wheels, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.

I am doubtful if they have Michelin's in stock at the moment as a friend mentioned they were out of stock last week. He was there for the replacement of tyres on his XUV500.

You can also try Xenex, Madhapur, Hyderabad.

--Kalyan
There is one more shop at Tad bund wheels AP, his rates were competitive compared to other dealers for Michelin.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 11:33   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Need an urgent help. I am out for weekend and had front tire got punctured on the way in ghat road where probably a big iron stuff hit(comfort line, 215/65, 17 inch alloys).

I see from the past posts that someone tried with continental and Michelin. Can anyone recently tried? What works best which can go along with other 3 pretty good conditioned hankook?
Quote:
Thanks
I searched for local dealers in Bangalore and then went to VW service center route, so far no luck to get the tyre replaced. VW SA says there are no stock for Hankook in specific size, and asked me to wait as he tries further.

Since my other 3 tyres are in great shape, worst case can I keep 2 Hankook in front and replace back 2 tyres with some new one.

Last edited by lokii_83 : 22nd November 2021 at 12:02.
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:41   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
I searched for local dealers in Bangalore and then went to VW service center route, so far no luck to get the tyre replaced. VW SA says there are no stock for Hankook in specific size, and asked me to wait as he tries further.

Since my other 3 tyres are in great shape, worst case can I keep 2 Hankook in front and replace back 2 tyres with some new one.
As I figure out more and more, it seems good option is to upsize to 235/65 R 17. I will replace 2 tyres as of now.
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:13   #915
BHPian

I think if you are going for 235 section tires then it should be 235X60XR17 instead of 235X65XR17. 235X60XR17 is the best upsize for Tiguan Comfortline. I couldn't get that and I went for 225X65XR17 which was the next best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks