Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 14:45   #931
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

I am facing an issue with my Tiguan music system Power/volume button. Whenever I use the button to change the volume button the volume jumps intermittently and do not respond to the increase/decrease as intended. The volume switches on the steering wheel working perfectly and controls the volume as intended. So, it looks to be a mechanical problem with the ratchet mechanism in the power button.

Since the car is under extended warranty, I have filed a claim on my last service visit. The service guys initially mentioned that the system will be replaced (verbal) under warranty. However, once the actual claim is filed, the VW warranty team suggesting that it will be repaired by the VW factory.

While I am fine with them repairing the system, the process of removing the system and sending it to Pune for repairs is not acceptable to me as feel it may take weeks or months to get back. I will have to drive around with that hole on the dashboard once the system is removed and I don’t have much confidence in the VW's general ability to sort out customer complaints. Who knows, they may send the system to Germany for repairs and I will be driving around with a hole in my dashboard for years together.

Do any of fellow owners faced this problem, what is the best way to proceed?
Old 16th February 2022, 19:05   #932

Hope your issue has been resolved. The same started happening with me in November 2021, and by the time I realised it was not going away, it was February 2022. I too saw the lights randomly coming on and resolving by themselves. The front, right sensor was off. They changed it under warranty. This has happened to my previous VWs and each time they replace, but only the faulty ones.
Old 11th March 2022, 20:37   #933
BHPian

Got the foot mats and and mud flaps fitted from vw. They are rubber mats and fit quite well. The only glaring omission is a cover / mat for the rear tunnel. VW says they don’t have a mat to cover the tunnel. It’s quite surprising as Skoda does give a very well fitted tunnel cover. Would appreciate if a fellow bhpian could give me any pointers as to where one can get a similar cover for the Tiguan. Am attaching a pic from Kodiaq accessories for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-c30ffe26f7c548e68f79303d7cc56350.jpeg  

Old 14th March 2022, 18:22   #934

Dear everyone,

I am facing an onslaught of emerging problems on my Tiguan TDI 2017. It has barely done 25000km and has already developed many issues.

1. Battery has to be replaced twice.
2. Due to jump starting of car due to faulty battery the front collision sensor has become spoilt and hence the airbag error sign shows up whenever the car is started.
3. The electronic parking brake keeps showing parking brake failure randomly while driving and is becoming more frequent. This issue though goes away on restarting.
4. The roof lining is starting to sag badly.

I am very worried that the wires have maybe corroded or gotten spoilt due to constant jump starting of car over 2 day period when Battery had failed in in a remote hillstation.

What should I do? I usually use a good FNG run by a family friend to service my cars.

VW Sewri has very bad service whenever I used it and they charge a bomb which I cannot afford right now. What should I do. Do I send it to them just to get an estimate? And then do the job at the FNG.

Will they be able to study all the wirings to see if any more wires are potentially damaged.

I love my car but I really am getting tired of the constant issues my car faces.
DieselTurbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 23:04   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post

Hope it will restore the original looks.
Hello

Quoting an old post.

How was the work at VW? Can you post some pictures.

Also, please share the invoice if possible. I am looking for some part numbers for the rear bumper and the sensors, etc.

Regards
Old 7th April 2022, 13:07   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTurbo View Post
VW Sewri has very bad service whenever I used it and they charge a bomb which I cannot afford right now. What should I do. Do I send it to them just to get an estimate?
Sorry for the hassle that you have faced.

VW Sewri is horrible and I have had personal experiences with them. I would be more than happy to help you with a couple of my personal contacts at VW Goregaon who would be glad to help you in a way that is financially feasible. Please feel free to drop me a private message and we can coordinate more.

I am no expert with electronics but it seems that there is definitely some underlying electronics fault, although I assume it to be not that serious. Modern VWs with electronic problems generally become totally crippled.

Point 2 for headliner: it is not normal for the headliner to sag within 5 years, but also depends on where the car is parked. Sometimes excessive heat can cause issues.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 09:14   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTurbo View Post
Dear everyone,

I am facing an onslaught of emerging problems on my Tiguan TDI 2017. It has barely done 25000km and has already developed many issues.

I love my car but I really am getting tired of the constant issues my car faces.
If you're able to make it till Pune, why don't you try visiting the folks at 'The Mechanix Autumotive'? Their expertise is VAG cars and has positive reviews from a lot of my friends. You can refer to this thread for contact: Link (Independent Garage - The Mechanix Automotive (Pune))
Old 13th May 2022, 12:06   #938
BHPian

Hello All:
Thought of sharing some updates on the 4th/60 K KMs service for Tiguan Diesel. I got the service done recently. It was done in 2 phases as the service centre realised that they didn't have the DSG filter after they took my Tiguan in. So, got the general service was done first and then about 10 days later got the DSG gear oil with filter replaced. The overall cost was under 40 K for the service. The service included
1. Oil and Oil filter replace
2. Diesel filier replace
3. Drive belt replace
4. AC filter replace
5. Air filter replace
6. DSG gear oil and filter replace
7. Labor

The car continues to impress. I seriously don't see an upgrade without shelling out double the money.
raz0405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 12:56   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
Hello All:
Thought of sharing some updates on the 4th/60 K KMs service for Tiguan Diesel. I got the service done recently.
Hi, I'm a fellow Tiguan owner from Bangalore. If you don't mind could you share how many kms your car's done? Were the drive belt and DSG oil replacement included in the 4th year service or did you specifically ask for it?

The driving dynamics is more car-like and I really enjoy being behind the wheel of this compared to our Fortuner.

Cheers
Old 13th May 2022, 14:51   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
Hi, I'm a fellow Tiguan owner from Bangalore. If you don't mind could you share how many kms your car's done? Were the drive belt and DSG oil replacement included in the 4th year service or did you specifically ask for it?

The driving dynamics is more car-like and I really enjoy being behind the wheel of this compared to our Fortuner.

Cheers
Nice to know @duker. My car has done close to 59 K in around 3.5 years. Had a bit of a lull during the first year of COVID and hence had to send the car for service with less than 15 K run as 1 year had passed. The 60 K/4 years service has the DSG gear oil change recommended by VW as well. Not sure about the drive belt. However it isn't that expensive and hence didn't object to the change. They also top up brake fluid during this service.

Yes, driving dynamics is more car like and the understeer happens only very rarely and that too when you take the corners at a high speed.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 21:26   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
. The service included
1. Oil and Oil filter replace
2. Diesel filier replace
3. Drive belt replace
4. AC filter replace
5. Air filter replace
6. DSG gear oil and filter replace
7. Labor
Hi Raz,

Just checking again if the DSG filter was indeed changed along with the oil.

The online service schedule doesn't mention the DSG filter and upon checking with the service centre during my last visit they claimed only oil shall be changed. In fact, Skoda categorically mentions both for the Kodiaq.

It would be great if you could post your service invoice here so that we can take it up with the service guys.

Regards
Old 14th May 2022, 13:42   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi Raz,

Just checking again if the DSG filter was indeed changed along with the oil.

The online service schedule doesn't mention the DSG filter and upon checking with the service centre during my last visit they claimed only oil shall be changed. In fact, Skoda categorically mentions both for the Kodiaq.

It would be great if you could post your service invoice here so that we can take it up with the service guys.

Regards
Yes @torque18 the dsg filter was changed as part of the oil change. I’ll share the invoice in a bit as they sent me the hard copy and need to scan it.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 10:32   #943
BHPian

Hello all.
My Tiguan is about 4.5 years old. I had got the 4th service done in March though only 38000kms on the clock. The ASC did not change the DSG oil.
After a bit of discussion on this Forum and also all the info on internet, I insisted on the the dsg oil change.
Yes it requires a filter change also. I was present during the dismantling.
The oil is very expensive but filter was below 1000rs I think.

I follow servicing schedule by calendar as well as mileage which ever comes first.
My personal opinion is based on my close contact with Airplane servicing schedules since I was 18 years old, where safety was first priority as my own life was at stake.
Old 15th May 2022, 16:19   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Yes it requires a filter change also. I was present during the dismantling.
The oil is very expensive but filter was below 1000rs I think.

I follow servicing schedule by calendar as well as mileage which ever comes first.
My personal opinion is based on my close contact with Airplane servicing schedules since I was 18 years old, where safety was first priority as my own life was at stake.
Would request you to please share your invoice as well to take it up here
Old 19th May 2022, 22:34   #945
BHPian

Hi

Would anyone be interested in picking up a spare alloy for their Tiguan? It's available as a set of four and I would be interested in keeping one as a proper spare instead of having to rely on space saver. So looking for people who would be interested in the 3 so that we can pick the bargain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks