Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2022, 22:31   #946
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi

Would anyone be interested in picking up a spare alloy for their Tiguan? It's available as a set of four and I would be interested in keeping one as a proper spare instead of having to rely on space saver. So looking for people who would be interested in the 3 so that we can pick the bargain.
A close friend of mine who is not a member on the forum but an avid reader and a Tiguan owner himself is interested in these.

Could you share some more information about the price and location of the alloy wheel set? If they are from a parts dealer, could you share pictures of the set? If the deal is good, he might be interested in picking up an alloy wheel to serve as a full-sized spare. In that case, I'll get in touch with you for further details.
Old 22nd May 2022, 17:36   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Would anyone be interested in picking up a spare alloy for their Tiguan? It's available as a set of four and I would be interested in keeping one as a proper spare instead of having to rely on space saver. So looking for people who would be interested in the 3 so that we can pick the bargain.
Hi would the full size wheel fit in the spare wheel well ? And could you also share what is the asking price for the set?
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:42   #948
BHPian

So the 2017 Tiguan HL that I picked up had a conked battery in 2020 a little after COVID, no indications on it being weak, just stalled after driving for 40kms and then parked at a place. Apple VW did the replacement with an Amaron. Front two tyres were already Pirelli. Now at 30k kms (wife hardly drives) I changed the remaining two Hankook to Pirelli as well (235/55/19 Pirelli Sc Verde 101 V Tl Tyre @18,750 per tyre).

Apple VW have goofed up with the button end sliver pieces for driver side button (one is missing) and the left passenger side button is collapsing inside sometimes, might need to replace the whole set up (facepalm). Rear AC grille is not working clearly and the axle hump needs a cover quickly.

Else, love the car and doing excellent so far.

Last edited by shreyasmrao : 23rd May 2022 at 10:43. Reason: Removed an emoji
Old 23rd May 2022, 23:11   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
could you share pictures of the set? If the deal is good, he might be interested in picking up an alloy wheel to serve as a full-sized spare. In that case, I'll get in touch with you for further details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
Hi would the full size wheel fit in the spare wheel well ? And could you also share what is the asking price for the set?
Find attached the pictures as received. Hub caps shown in the picture are not there and the person from whose Allspace these alloys come has put them in his 19 inchers.

The details sent on PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img20220520wa0017.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img20220520wa0016.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img20220520wa0018.jpg  

Old 1st June 2022, 23:51   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Find attached the pictures as received. Hub caps shown in the picture are not there and the person from whose Allspace these alloys come has put them in his 19 inchers.
UPDATE:

I ended up picking the set myself. Bought a Continental SportContact 5 tyre in stock size and now I have the full size spare sitting pretty in the space that was occupied by a space saver earlier.

The boot floor rose by half an inch as a result of the full size spare. Picture attached.

The slightly raised floor wasn't causing any issue. However, I still stuffed pieces of thermocol underneath to ensure the floorboard doesn't rattle or gets bend upon being loaded.

A long due and much needed upgrade for the car. Definitely comforts your mind when you are traveling long distances knowing you have proper backup.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-pxl_20220601_132245330.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-pxl_20220601_132233180.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-pxl_20220601_134932840.jpg  

torque18 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 06:54   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Hi,
I just saw this post and noticed you have changed tyres recently.
I also own a 2017 Comfortline and now looking for a change of at least a pair of tyres.
Already replaced two of the original Hancooks with Pirellis, as one of them had suffered a bad sidewall cut)
How have the Pirellis done? Do they ride and handle better than the stock Hankooks? Wear on rough roads?
Old 8th July 2022, 12:04   #952
BHPian

Hi yes. The Pirrelli tyres are much better.
I had changed two Hancooks in Kolkata 2020 and 2 more in Mumbai mid last year. Touch wood haven't had any punctures at all. Only problem I forsee is you might not get new Pirelli 215/65 R17 in the market. All my Pirelli tyres are 2017/18.
They don't show age at all. Done about 7000 on 2 and 10000 on the earlier 2. The noise level is about same. Ride is good. Feels more planted during sharp turns. The Hancooks were nail magnets!!
Best of luck in finding less than year old Pirelli 215/65 R17s
Amukherjea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 13:49   #953
BHPian

Thanks Amukherjea
I'm thinking of getting all 4 changed to 225/60/17 Bridgestone Turanza.
235/60/17 very difficult to get and the original size 215/65/17 almost impossible outside the VW dealer. Three years ago when I had a sidewall tear they charged me 27000 for one tyre!
Old 15th July 2022, 22:06   #954
BHPian

Completed the 4th service of my Tiggy at around 46k and 4 years. Only issue was, had to wait 1 month for the ATF/gear filter. It had to come from Germany as there was no stock in the factory either. Gear oil was changed after the filter arrived. It took quite some time to do as the oil has to be pumped in from the bottom and the filter is at a place which is not so conveniently accessible. Good job by the technician.
Can definitely feel the butter smoothness when accelerating and during gear shifts or may be it is my illusion!!!
In the next 5k looking to change the tyres. Available models in 235/55/18 are Pirelli scorpion verde with self seal and Hankook . Michelins are not available. Understand that the Pirellis are superior in control and grip , but not sure on the noise level and longevity of the these. Any feed back on the same is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.
Old 15th July 2022, 22:31   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
In the next 5k looking to change the tyres. Available models in 235/55/18 are Pirelli scorpion verde with self seal and Hankook . Michelins are not available. Understand that the Pirellis are superior in control and grip , but not sure on the noise level and longevity of the these. Any feed back on the same is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.
Continental SC5 is also an option in that size. I have put it on my spare. Can't comment on the ride or longevity aspects of it but I have high hopes from Continental. Also, these being locally made, getting fresh stock is not an issue. Costed me 22k for a single tyre without haggling.
Old 15th July 2022, 22:39   #956
BHPian

Hi, 22k sounds a bit costly. Is it self seal? I was quoted 18.5k for the pirelli scorpion verde self seal. Without self seal model should be around 1k less if I remember correctly.
Had reference from one of the person at the ASC that he purchased Pirelli Scorpion All season at 16.8k without self seal.
Old 15th July 2022, 22:55   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Hi, 22k sounds a bit costly. Is it self seal? I was quoted 18.5k for the pirelli scorpion verde self seal. Without self seal model should be around 1k less if I remember correctly.
Had reference from one of the person at the ASC that he purchased Pirelli Scorpion All season at 16.8k without self seal.
No, not self seal. BTW, I had checked with the ASS also regarding availability of Hankooks as I have been quite happy with them but the absurd pricing made me walk away. It was quoted at 36k a piece!
Old 18th July 2022, 00:43   #958
R_R
BHPian

Quote:

The boot floor rose by half an inch as a result of the full size spare. Picture attached.

The slightly raised floor wasn't causing any issue.
So this doesn't fully fit within the spare wheel space? And the floor is sitting on the tire itself?
Old 18th July 2022, 09:01   #959
BHPian

Any one installed the windvisor for the Tiguan. I can see it on the VW site but the showroom or the ASC have no clue of it.
The part number is 5NA-072-193-HU3 and 5NA-072-194-HU3.
Anyone purchased with the dealer or after market?
Thanks.
Old 19th July 2022, 13:13   #960
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Hey Guys

My 4th service of 2018 Diesel Tiguan is due and since it involves changing the transmission oil I was wondering which place (city) in Maharashtra would be the best to do it. I presently reside in Aurangabad and to be honest I am a bit hesitant to do the 4th service here. Anyone here from Pune, Mumbai or Nashik changed their transmission oil in their Tiguan? If yes how was it? Any issues post changing transmission oil? Which dealer would you recommend? Any pointers would be of great help, thanks.

Most Viewed