Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2022, 20:49   #976
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gandhinagar
Posts: 53
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Yes, Bosch makes 26-21" wipers for Tiguan. But couldn't get one online here. Finally went ahead and bought an OEM one from the dealer. Since I have moved to Gandhinagar recently I don't have much idea about shops either.
AjiGTI is offline  
Old 26th November 2022, 21:05   #977
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: BLR/MAA
Posts: 163
Thanked: 141 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjiGTI View Post
Yes, Bosch makes 26-21" wipers for Tiguan. But couldn't get one online here. Finally went ahead and bought an OEM one from the dealer. Since I have moved to Gandhinagar recently I don't have much idea about shops either.
Hoping these are the ones. For anyone else looking.

21"
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01H078ACA/

26"
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B06WP6SNK3/
showboat is offline  
Old 26th November 2022, 22:09   #978
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gandhinagar
Posts: 53
Thanked: 34 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Not sure that will fit. This is the right one for Tiguan.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-397-0.../dp/B06XSW515J
AjiGTI is offline  
Old 27th November 2022, 21:28   #979
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: BLR/MAA
Posts: 163
Thanked: 141 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjiGTI View Post
Not sure that will fit. This is the right one for Tiguan.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-397-0.../dp/B06XSW515J
Oh. These are 24 and 21". I'm giving the car for service tomorrow. Will ask them to confirm.
showboat is offline  
Old 4th December 2022, 00:49   #980
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Pune, San Diego
Posts: 233
Thanked: 2,257 Times
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review : Wiper Blade Parts Link

The OEM VW Wiper Blade Set for Tiguan is also sold on Boodmo. If anyone is interested, you can pick it up from this link here. The price is on the higher side, but in my experience, these always last longer.

The rough size translation corresponding to this part number is 24" and 21." Hope this helps.
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 09:06   #981
BHPian
 
baskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 96 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Got my Tiguan TDI serviced 2 days back. 3 year service done. Overall service quality was OK. But the SA told me that Haldex coupling oil service could not be done due to some part (Crown or something) not yet available. It is ordered and I will be informed once it comes. I have the 5 year service pack. The contract document clearly says transmission oil cost is not included only for 2 year pack. But VW dealers are adamant that it is not covered for any service pack.

I understand that Haldex AWD oil is different from DSG oil. Need to check if Haldex oil is also considered as "transmission oil" or is it separate.

The vehicle has hardly run 10K KM and so it should be OK to run without this oil change for a few more KMs.
baskar is offline  
Old 15th December 2022, 10:53   #982
d.j
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: mumbai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 38 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

hi guys, a quick question, just got the 30k service done last week, one difference, which I could assess of is the car shifts into the 7th gear quicker than it used to do earlier, so pulling back, like 7th to 5th is couple of extra seconds - did anyone else has noticed this.

bill, Hehe, not touching, just to give a hint - they charged 357 for the key battery, which I heard 57 on the phone and gave the go ahead, (basic 278 + gst 78), point is, I got the car back, in time and seemingly all fine, baki bhul jao!

Regards/DJ
d.j is offline  
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:23   #983
Newbie
 
BlackHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 21
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Got my Tiguan TDI serviced 2 days back. 3 year service done. Overall service quality was OK. But the SA told me that Haldex coupling oil service could not be done due to some part (Crown or something) not yet available. It is ordered and I will be informed once it comes. I have the 5 year service pack. The contract document clearly says transmission oil cost is not included only for 2 year pack. But VW dealers are adamant that it is not covered for any service pack.

I understand that Haldex AWD oil is different from DSG oil. Need to check if Haldex oil is also considered as "transmission oil" or is it separate.

The vehicle has hardly run 10K KM and so it should be OK to run without this oil change for a few more KMs.
That's right Transmission Oil is for Heldex AWD and Gear Oil is for DSG which is supposed to be due in 4th or 60K Service.

My Tiguan completed 3rd year service at 39K Total Bill was 49K which includes front and rear break pads

Here is the link for details on Service and Parts cost: https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/sit...costcalculator
BlackHorse is offline  
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:45   #984
Newbie
 
BlackHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 21
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Recently went to VW service for ABS sensor warning which required replacement but denied because the battery is not from VW. Anybody facing Tiguan warranty issue if the Battery is changed out side VW like Amaron etc
BlackHorse is offline  
Old 23rd December 2022, 18:09   #985
Distinguished - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,951
Thanked: 5,204 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
Recently went to VW service for ABS sensor warning which required replacement but denied because the battery is not from VW. Anybody facing Tiguan warranty issue if the Battery is changed out side VW like Amaron etc
VW in general is particular about denying warranty is battery is changed, and most people accept it. Several such incidents reported here.
Legally this could be argued if the replacement battery is of the same specifications as the OEM battery.

That being said, I did manage to get 2 of these speed sensors replaced under warranty. Best is to try and escalate politely with the dealer himself and be cordial.
lamborghini is offline  
Old 2nd February 2023, 19:27   #986
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 71
Thanked: 51 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Guys,
Planning to change tyres of my Tiggy (nearing 52K on the odo). Although there is still life left I feel the rubber has become harder and there is an increase in the noise level.
3 options available
Michelin - latitude 3 - 22k /pc without self sealing
Pirelli Scorpion verde - 18.5k/pc with self sealing
Hankook - 19k /pc with self sealing ( same that came with the Tiggy)
Michelin are the best for comfort and low noise , while Pirelli are the best for grip and handling but noisiest of the 3. Hankook is in between the both.
If Michelin was available with self sealing, I would not have given a second thought.
Not able to make up my mind as I am interested in Michelin but interested in self sealing as well which is not possible
Request your inputs especially those who have changed and the difference noticed.
Thanks.
Finally changed the first set of tyres at 55k+ on the ODO. Although could have used for another 5-10k they have become hard and noisy.
Changed to Michellin Latitude. Had done only 500+km. Change is quiet evident and loving it. Very very comfortable and silent. Only negative is that Michellin is not self sealant as the previous one.
Next change will be brake pads. There is still life left in the current pads for another 5k. But have already purchased the Brembo pads as I felt them good in my previous Vento.
Thanks.
Ak007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 10:50   #987
Newbie
 
BlackHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 21
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Finally changed the first set of tyres at 55k+ on the ODO. Although could have used for another 5-10k they have become hard and noisy.
Changed to Michellin Latitude. Had done only 500+km. Change is quiet evident and loving it. Very very comfortable and silent. Only negative is that Michellin is not self sealant as the previous one.
Next change will be brake pads. There is still life left in the current pads for another 5k. But have already purchased the Brembo pads as I felt them good in my previous Vento.
Thanks.
I have changed tyres in 4th week of December 2022. Had similar dilemma but how many times taken the advantage of self sealing?

I went for Michelin Latitude Sport 3, I felt like driving a new car. Believe me the driving dynamics and comfort is next level. Only concern is the tyre manufacturing is Feb 2022 which is almost 11 months old. I think new stock is not available any where in India. I have checked in Chennai as well and got to know that import is stopped and 2023 manufacturing tyres will go up by 15-20%
BlackHorse is offline  
Old 6th February 2023, 12:55   #988
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 32
Thanked: 47 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Hi AK007,
Please could you let me know where you sourced the Brembo brake pads from ?

Thanks and Regards


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Finally changed the first set of tyres at 55k+ on the ODO. Although could have used for another 5-10k they have become hard and noisy.
Changed to Michellin Latitude. Had done only 500+km. Change is quiet evident and loving it. Very very comfortable and silent. Only negative is that Michellin is not self sealant as the previous one.
Next change will be brake pads. There is still life left in the current pads for another 5k. But have already purchased the Brembo pads as I felt them good in my previous Vento.
Thanks.
amithsebastian is offline  
Old 6th February 2023, 12:59   #989
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 71
Thanked: 51 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amithsebastian View Post
Hi AK007,
Please could you let me know where you sourced the Brembo brake pads from ?

Thanks and Regards
Hi Amith,
I sourced them from Brembo distributor in Chennai - united motors.
Thanks
Ak007 is offline  
Old 6th February 2023, 13:12   #990
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 71
Thanked: 51 Times
Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
I have changed tyres in 4th week of December 2022. Had similar dilemma but how many times taken the advantage of self sealing?
Hi BlackHorse,
The self sealing did help me once. Went over some sharp iron object and got low pressure on the tpms. It went down rapidly from 36 to 26-27 . Immediately stopped to the side , searched for the metal piece and pulled it out. Drove normally as there was no more loss of pressure until the next pump and filled up air to the normal level. Thats it. Found it super useful in case of need.
Michellin does not come with self sealant. Had only 1 choice with self sealant was Pirelli (Hankook was out of stock). Although it was much cheaper than Michellin with self sealant, got used to michellin's comfort. Hence went for it.
Thanks.
Ak007 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks