Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2018, 17:17   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Premium experience comes at a premium price!

Here is one click from the drive.
Attachment 1713153
And the car looks premium as well. To Me the Tiguan in Blue/Black shade looks a lot more premium than the expensive Kodiaq. The Kodiaq appears pricey when you compare to the likes of Compass/Tuscon, but to me it has to be compared against the likes of GLA/Q3 and X1 and this where Tiguan shines. Only grouse is the 140HP tune which is pretty ordinary at this price point!
Old 5th January 2018, 20:10   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually both. My son did stand up for over 2 hours, pretty much the entire distance from Munnar to Chinnar. I drove dead slow enjoying beauty of the pristine valley and took 2 hours to cover this distance. Though narrow, the road surface was very smooth and traffic was very light.
Guessed so, and that’s why I asked that question. Purely on safety front, please discourage your son from standing up with sunroof open even if you are on crawling speeds.
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 16:11   #108
BHPian

Awesome sj_koova, We did an 1800 Km + drive from Mumbai to Hampi and back, on the national and state highways and then in & around Hampi, with a mix of spirited driving, soft off-roading, drive through small towns and very rough roads, I got the mileage of 14.5 for the trip. Few pics with spectacular Hampi as the backdrop. I must say, I did not miss my Laura or GT, Tiguan is in the league of its own.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_2712.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_2713.jpg  

amitk2kin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 19:15   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Guessed so, and that’s why I asked that question. Purely on safety front, please discourage your son from standing up with sunroof open even if you are on crawling speeds.
Yes I agree, still remember the Delhi incident.
I usually don't let him stand, but this time I melted on his pleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
I got the mileage of 14.5 for the trip.
When I see the impressive fuel economy, I am able to forgive Volkswagen for the detune they have done on Tiguan. I feel it is a reasonable compromise.
I have started loving off beaten tracks and roads that lead to nowhere. I ventured into many of the jeep tracks inside Munnar tea gardens this time and had a fair share of adventures. And that is a best way to enjoy the beauty of Munnar.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 02:51   #110

Thank You Aditya & Jaggu for your insightful review. The discussions/comments were also helpful.

It appears that the sale of Tiguan has been few and far between. The reason are many and range from its high pricing to its ordinary exteriors to average after sales service network to mention a few. What concerns me is that on account of lack of sales, Tiguan should not go the Touareg way and get discontinued. That would spell worries of lack of spare parts for instant replacement to poor resale value for the product itself. Do the bhpian's think VW would do a repeat of Touareg or do you think VW would not risk losing customer credibility by discontinuing models ?

TIA

Aasim
Old 24th January 2018, 21:02   #111
BHPian

I drove a Skoda Yeti Active 4x2 for almost 5 years, and over 1 lac fifteen thousand kilometres. My love affair (that's the only way to describe it) with the Yeti started in Dec 2012, when I happened to see it in the showroom while trying to buy a Rapid. One test drive, and the Rapid went out of the window. Over the last 5 years, I have driven the Yeti to Leh, the Rann of Kutch, Pondicherry, and innumerable Goa trips. I loved its quirky styling, the fantastic ride and handling combination, the practical high quality interiors and the solid build. My son and wife have accompanied me on many of these trips and loved the car equally.
I never faced any issues on the car apart from regular maintenance and a failed AC compressor which was replaced under warranty.
I finally sold it a couple of months back (with a heavy heart) as I was tired of Mumbai traffic and really wanted to get a vehicle with an automatic transmission. My daily commute is about 65 kms.
Unfortunately I was unable to find anything that comes close to the Yeti, until recently when I read about the Tiguan and found it similar in spirit. I am thinking of buying one but have some queries.
How similar is it to the Yeti, and is the harsh ride a deal breaker ? I am considering the Comfortline.
Old 5th February 2018, 13:45   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
[b]VW Tiguan sold-out for 2017, next orders to be fulfilled in 2018
Any idea when next set of cars will become available? Which month?
Old 8th February 2018, 22:08   #113
BHPian

Volkswagen Tiguan : Six months update

Six months update:

Tiguan has done 5000km and the 6 months general checkup completed today at the VW Palace cross. So far everything going pretty good with the car. Respectable fuel economy, premiumness and build quality. Touch wood! not even a single niggle so far.

What bothers me at times is the stiff ride and clearly audible engine noise inside cabin, especially in the lower gears.

While everything going well with the car, it is not so with the ASS. I had one bad experience with the Palace cross at first checkup. I had opted for pickup/drop of the car. Pickup and service assignment was very prompt. Surprise came when the driver picked up the car for return. He called up and informed fuel is running very low and will not be able to make it to the drop location. I asked him to fill fuel for rs.500 and produce the receipt. I was a bit surprised about fuel status because I left car with 100km range and the pickup+drop distance was about 60km only. However I didn't want to take a chance as running on very low fuel is not a good practice.

Driver came by noon, produced the receipt for pickup/drop and fuel. I paid him rs.1300 (including tip). As I was driving to the parking area, I noticed the car is showing range 0 and have critical messages popping in the information display. Fuel needle was at the bottom too. Called up the driver to confirm he filled up for 500 for which he asserted and stated "sensors many not be picking the reading correct because the fuel is still low. If you have any doubt, the service advisor can clarify".
I dropped the phone call and searched for more information in the MID and found that the car was not refueled since I refueled last time. I called up the service advisor and asked him to check and call back. His response was half-hearted and he never called back!
I got a feeling he is involved too when I recalled driver's statement, "check with service advisor".

Now I am not worried about Rs.500, but the unethical behavior can't be tolerated. So I would like to start with escalations so that other customers are spared from such looters. Who has experience dealing escalations with VW?
sj_koova is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 08:36   #114
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Six months update

Quote:
Now I am not worried about Rs.500, but the unethical behavior can't be tolerated. So I would like to start with escalations so that other customers are spared from such looters. Who has experience dealing escalations with VW?
I will say, save your energy and time when a bigger issue pops up with them, which should happen going by your experience.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 12:57   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Six months update:
..but the unethical behavior can't be tolerated. So I would like to start with escalations so that other customers are spared from such looters. Who has experience dealing escalations with VW?
Absolutely!
I have had a poor service experience during the 4 years I have owned a Polo GT. Nothing definitely worth complaining about, but poor attitude and a disregard for the customer's concerns from the service advisors. The sales staff however have been trained to be extra polite. They must be thinking once they've sold a car the customer has to be at their mercy!

Nevertheless I'm planning to buy a Tiguan.
Old 10th February 2018, 13:09   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post

Nevertheless I'm planning to buy a Tiguan.
All the best. What are they saying about the wait time? During November they were not even giving test drives. Mr friend got test drive just before Christmas, but he ended up with X1 because he didn't care much about AWD.

Here is nicely written drive report.

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...e-snow/992032/

I am looking forward to my white Christmas drive to mountains this year.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 13:23   #117
BHPian

I was told they will tell me the delivery date in 2 weeks as I opted for Atlantic Blue comfortline and its now out of stock.
Old 10th February 2018, 13:41   #118
BHPian

I booked my Tungsten Silver Comfortline on 2nd Feb at Volkswagen Mumbai North. The car has arrived at the stockyard and I will be taking delivery next week, post registration formalities. I was lucky to get a VIN 2018 model which has an updated infotainment system with a slightly larger screen. My experience with dealership has been smooth so far barring some confusion around the finance process. I will update on my experience with the car once I take delivery. I am hoping will be as good as my Yeti.
Old 10th February 2018, 15:39   #119
BHPian

Congratulations gkrishk and shaktisarangi. Did either of you consider Kodiaq?
Both are nice colors. Atlantic Blue may be a bit hard to maintain. I have done ceramic coating, so daily dusting and pressure wash weekly once (at home) keeps the car clean.
Old 10th February 2018, 15:58   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
I booked my Tungsten Silver Comfortline on 2nd Feb at Volkswagen Mumbai North. The car has arrived at the stockyard and I will be taking delivery next week, post registration formalities. I was lucky to get a VIN 2018 model which has an updated infotainment system with a slightly larger screen. My experience with dealership has been smooth so far barring some confusion around the finance process. I will update on my experience with the car once I take delivery. I am hoping will be as good as my Yeti.
Congratulations ! ...the infotainment has been upgraded already?

I have a Tungsten Silver Highline Tiguan bought in June 2017 - have driven it 8000 KM's mostly in the Hills, including some pretty rough stretches between Shimla & Manali.

The Tiguan has been very good so far & I don't feel as fatigued as I used to in my Duster post my frequent 7-8 hour work trips in HP.

Only negatives for me thus far are the increased engine noise at idle & low speeds as compared to my Passat & also the Passat just feels much faster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks