Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2018, 15:26   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I am now stranded on the road. Stopped for lunch near Salem and car doesn't start when I came back. Seems to be another battery problem. Called up the road side assistance and waiting for call back.

Engine is not cranking and all the lights blink and go off. Must be battery right?
Definitely a flat battery. VW will replace it under warranty for you. What a silly reason to be stranded!

Volkswagen's incompetency in sorting out battery issues that have been plaguing almost all cars since the past 2 years is truly frustrating!
Old 2nd August 2018, 15:37   #152
BHPian

Quote:
I am now stranded on the road. Stopped for lunch near Salem and car doesn't start when I came back. Seems to be another battery problem. Called up the road side assistance and waiting for call back.

Engine is not cranking and all the lights blink and go off. Must be battery right?
its a battery problem, if you have jumper cables, it makes sense to request another vehicle owner to temporarily assist you with jump starting your car using his car battery.
Old 2nd August 2018, 15:46   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Terrible! I dearly hope help comes soon. Are you with family? No wonder VW & Skoda are top-of-the-mind recall for mucking up on service. Battery failures are a known issue and should not be taken as lightly as the service group seems to do. I am now worrying about my weekend trip.

Please keep us updated and hope it gets sorted out ASAP!
Old 2nd August 2018, 17:12   #154
BHPian

Help came after waiting for 90min. Jump staryed and and back to salem service center to replace battery.
sj_koova is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 00:14   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Help came after waiting for 90min. Jump staryed and and back to salem service center to replace battery.
Thanks, glad to hear. Temporary battery or permanent? Warranty replacement or paid? What a fiasco!
Old 3rd August 2018, 07:45   #156
BHPian

Quote:

Pls switch to an Amaron battery instead of Exide. The Exide batteries on VW cars have been giving trouble for a while now.
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 19:03   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
Apart from the issue that the battery failed within 6 months of ownership
Did VW or service center attribute the failure to battery quality especially Exide or is there any underlying electrical circuit issue? Hope the issue did not recur again.

Quote:
Seems to be another battery problem ... Engine is not cranking and all the lights blink and go off. Must be battery right?
Quote:
Glad to hear that the help came. Second battery issue I am coming across in this thread. Did service center give any reason for failure of the battery?
Old 7th August 2018, 01:29   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks, glad to hear. Temporary battery or permanent? Warranty replacement or paid? What a fiasco!

Permanent under warranty. Since they were replacing under warranty, car had to go through numerous test with old and new battery. Took 3 hours for all that process to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
Pls switch to an Amaron battery instead of Exide. The Exide batteries on VW cars have been giving trouble for a while now.
I couldn't agree more. My CEDIA has an Amaron battery, going strong 5th year.

For now, I am getting a jump-start cable for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Did VW or service center attribute the failure to battery quality especially Exide or is there any underlying electrical circuit issue? Hope the issue did not recur again.

After all the tests, they confirmed it is the battery only. It was completely dead.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 15:37   #159
BHPian

What if someone buys a new Tiguan and immediately changes battery to amaron ? How does this affect warranty of the entire car ?
Old 12th August 2018, 09:09   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
What if someone buys a new Tiguan and immediately changes battery to amaron ? How does this affect warranty of the entire car ?

No impact on warranty as long as he battery meets specifications given by the manufacturer.
Old 12th August 2018, 13:38   #161
BHPian

Had an accident in my 5-month old Tiguan. Kerala RTC Volvo overtaking another bus pushed me off the tarmac and managed to do this:
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-20180804_093557_hdr.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-20180804_093612_hdr.jpg

Estimated cost of repairs ~1 lakh (replacement of tail light assembly, panel, wheel arch, bumper and wheel cladding + labour + painting).

Hope it will restore the original looks.

(Moderators: post may deleted if considered irrelevent.)

Last edited by gkrishk : 12th August 2018 at 13:42. Reason: punctuation error
gkrishk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 14:40   #162
BHPian

Ouch ! It must really hurt to see your new car get damaged like this. Is repair cost being covered by insurance ?
1 lac seems a little steep for the damage seen here. Can you share a break up of the cost ?
Old 13th August 2018, 00:10   #163
BHPian

This was a rough estimate by the VW dealership. I have not got the breakup of the costs yet.
Old 19th August 2018, 05:47   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I bought it from Aliexpress.
@sj_koova - kindly let me know the seller you bought it from. What shipment option did you select?
Old 24th August 2018, 08:05   #165
BHPian

I took the Tiguan on a 3000 kilometre drive from Mumbai to Kodaikanal and back in 5 days. Let's just say that I am blown over as usual. She did not miss a beat, averaging close to 80 km per hour and giving a FE of 15.6 kmpl despite belting it for most of the way. The handling on the climb to Kodaikanal was such an absolute delight, that others on the drive were amazed that a 1.8 tonne SUV could handle like this.
shaktisarangi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks