Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2019, 22:10   #226
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
I am however disappointed with Volkswagen for not addressing what was a widespread issue even with the Jetta. There is something wrong with these OEM Exide batteries. My Yeti had Varta OEM batteries and they lasted 3 plus years.
Volkswagen OE batteries are prone to failure. Even in my Vento, they failed at the 3 year mark after which we replaced it with a new one (don't remember the brand) but it wasn't OEM and it's going on flawlessly since the 3 years we have put it in the car.

Cheers!
Old 4th May 2019, 23:01   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Volkswagen OE batteries are prone to failure. Even in my Vento, they failed at the 3 year mark after which we replaced it with a new one (don't remember the brand) but it wasn't OEM and it's going on flawlessly since the 3 years we have put it in the car.

Cheers!

Clearly Volkswagen has a problem it is not addressing.
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 08:12   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The engine was left running for over an hour to charge the battery.
I don't think idling a car for that long is a very nice thing to do, I know you have time strain but maybe either driving it to somewhere or getting the battery charged overnight was a better idea.
Old 5th May 2019, 09:21   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't think idling a car for that long is a very nice thing to do, I know you have time strain but maybe either driving it to somewhere or getting the battery charged overnight was a better idea.

Unfortunately I was not at home, and no one else drives the Tiguan apart from me. Leaving the vehicle idling was the only solution available unless I allowed the dealership guys to take it out which I was not comfortable with.
Old 6th May 2019, 00:40   #230
BHPian

My local dealership has a Grey Highline demo car on sale for 30 Lacs on road. It has 18k miles on it, manufactured in 2017 and received by dealer in Feb 2018. They say it will be registered to my as the first owner.

Anyone have any experience buying a demo car? Is this a good price for a two year old demo car?
Old 6th May 2019, 08:15   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crskumar View Post
My local dealership has a Grey Highline demo car on sale for 30 Lacs on road. It has 18k miles on it, manufactured in 2017 and received by dealer in Feb 2018. They say it will be registered to my as the first owner.

Anyone have any experience buying a demo car? Is this a good price for a two year old demo car?
Kumar, my recommendation - don't buy it. These vehicles are abused by the people during test rides.

A quality used vehicle will be a safer bet than this one.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 08:44   #232
BHPian

Quote:

I don't recommend to buy this car. 18K is a significant consumption in 1.25 years and that too on a Demo vehicle. It screams that it must have been abused to the core and highway-abused too, since your location is Coimbatore.

If it was available at around 20L+, then the offer could have made more sense.

Last edited by sharktale : 6th May 2019 at 08:45.
Old 6th May 2019, 09:35   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I would certainly not pay that much for a used and probably abused demo car. A brand new highline was going for 33 Lakhs on road at the end of last year. Wait till end of the year or March next year during the changeover to BS VI, you will get even better deals.
Old 6th May 2019, 09:41   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I would certainly not pay that much for a used and probably abused demo car. A brand new highline was going for 33 Lakhs on road at the end of last year. Wait till end of the year or March next year during the changeover to BS VI, you will get even better deals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
I don't recommend to buy this car. 18K is a significant consumption in 1.25 years and that too on a Demo vehicle. It screams that it must have been abused to the core and highway-abused too, since your location is Coimbatore.

If it was available at around 20L+, then the offer could have made more sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Kumar, my recommendation - don't buy it. These vehicles are abused by the people during test rides.

A quality used vehicle will be a safer bet than this one.

Regards
Nikhil
Thanks for all your suggestions. I will pass on the demo vehicle.
crskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 07:11   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
....If you are ready to wait it seem VW is planning AllSpace for our market as well. In any case, Tiguan is not in the stock and there are no clear answers from the dealers. So you may want to reach out to them and find out more on this.

IMO, other than the power, Endeavour is just too big and massive which is its plus point when compared with Tiguan.

All the best!
Thanks. Yes, I read about AllSpace in team-bhp but I think it would be launched only by end of 2019. Besides, I don't think it'll be in the same price bucket. It might be on par with Kodiaq which is already too much for me. Anyway, I have another couple of months to go before I should take a call. If the New Santa Fe falls within my price range and other expectations, who knows.
Old 16th June 2019, 10:55   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
While the Tiguan's engine sound is controlled, wind noise entering the cabin is rather high. Wind noise at 120 km/h was higher than we'd expect in such a premium car. This was disappointing.
My brother is facing the wind noise issue above 100 km/h and wanted to know if someone was able to address the same.
Old 21st June 2019, 14:22   #237
BHPian

Quote:
An update on the Tiguan, last week I had to go for an important meeting in the morning and to my great consternation the Tiguan simply failed to start. I turned the key and a few lights blinked and nothing happened. I tried multiple times, but to no avail
I am however disappointed with Volkswagen for not addressing what was a widespread issue even with the Jetta. There is something wrong with these OEM Exide batteries. My Yeti had Varta OEM batteries and they lasted 3 plus years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post

Cheers!
Same for us with Jetta. Failed once, warranty replacement, failed again, they put a temp battery to test and get approval, that failed too. We gave up and bought the battery outside.
Old 5th August 2019, 14:30   #238
BHPian

Dear Friends,
This is my first post on TBHP. Would like to than the mods for making me part of this group.
Have been using my Tiguan HL for a year. Have clocked 17K till now . The more I use it I am loving it more and more. It has been a perfect family car , excellent quality fit and finish of what you expect from a German car, spacious high quality cabin, excellent seating position, super slick DSG gearbox, lovely panoramic sunroof, loaded with features and tech , classy styling which will age well (of course looks are subjective)
Had a few long trips , HYD – BLR and a couple of HYD – CHENNAI trips with family . I am the only driver and have never felt tiresome. It has been a pleasure to get into the driver seat every time. Would have loved even more if VW has given it in the higher tune. The mileage has been very good. I am getting around 13km/l in my city commute and in the long drives mentioned above an average of 19-20km/l . Touched 21.7km/l as maximum at one point on the drive to Chennai. My driving style is sedate at 100-110km/h with occasional overtakes. The one thing felt missing was the auto dimming ORVMs to ensure no reflection from buses and trucks that use high beam behind you. When Octavia and Kodiaq has it don’t know why VW skipped it.

Have done the first service last month. Nothing to report as it has been usual change of filters and oils. Had no issues so far with the ASS as I own a vento also. The SA and SM are quite friendly. The only grouse so far , the suspension has been stiff and can feel bad roads at slow speeds but it’s a pleasure to drive on highways. Have taken to the service centre to check if it has the suspension spacers issue as @nikhil complained in his Octavia RS but service centre confirmed there is no such thing. My SM even mentioned that these are called as transport locks and are taken out once the car is removed from the truck. He also mentioned that these locks for high end cars like Porsche are removed with the help of computer – don’t know the details though.

Just had some cosmetic add ons . Adding some pics below. Sorry for the low quality , as it has been taken on mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tig1.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tig3.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tig4motion.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tigbrake-light.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tigdoorsil.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tigexhaust-cover.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tigorvm-cap.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tigfog-light-chrome2.jpg  

Ak007 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:13   #239
BHPian

Looking for Wind deflectors with part no 5NA-072-193-HU3 and 5NA-072-194-HU3. Request friends to suggest a suitable site where I can get these.
Old 6th August 2019, 17:47   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Dear Friends,
Would have loved even more if VW has given it in the higher tune.
I totally agree with you on this. Had they launched the vehicle in their usual 180hp engine for the same price, I wouldn't have looked anywhere else.

Most Viewed