Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2019, 15:28   #241
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Just came to know that changing the Hankooks on the Tiguan costs 33000 / tyre at the ASS !!! Anyone has changed before?
Old 9th August 2019, 15:39   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Anyone has changed before?
Ask the A-S-S first . Hardly anyone would have done it at their place before. Generally everyone changes tyres only at tyre stores outside & not at A-S-S. Simply because of the variety, customization & detail on offer. We can properly check the manufacturing date etc. Things which A-S-S easily push aside with "this is the stock we have".

By the way - welcome to the forum. You have a really wonderful car & have maintained it prestine! Loved the pics.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 16:06   #243
BHPian

Quote:
By the way - welcome to the forum. You have a really wonderful car & have maintained it prestine! Loved the pics.
Thank you Reinhard .. Trying to maintain it as much as possible. Its really a pain to maintain this colour. . Also one thing I noticed with this colour is - it looks different in different conditions. Under sunlight , normal parking, under artificial light - It feels as if they are 3 different colours. You can see the difference in the first 3 pics. I posted it for the same purpose.

As regards to the tyres i was checking with ASS because these are 18inch self sealing tyres. Although I dont need now , just checking all possible sources and options when i need later. Not able to find one.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th August 2019 at 00:27. Reason: fixing the quote tags
Old 16th August 2019, 12:08   #244
BHPian

First birthday celebrated yesterday by giving her a personal good wash. Everything working as expected. Reached 18K.

Had 2 tyre pressure alarms in the last 1 year. Only 1 tyre shows low pressure . It has been different tyres on both ocassions. Verified for any punctures and found none. Topped up air. Also the default setting of "standard" as 36psi is not up to my liking.

Adding some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tig11508.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tig21508.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tig31508.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tig41508.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th August 2019 at 08:44. Reason: Spacing
Ak007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 00:16   #245
BHPian

Mine has done 27000km and 2 years today. Completed my second service and insurance renewal.
So far all good except that I had to replace the rear disks along with the pads. Rear pads had worn out completely and by the time I took the car for service, it started to damage the disks. There was no option with service centre to skim the disks, so ended up replacing rear disks.
Costed me around 18k for disks and pads combined (only rear).
sj_koova is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 06:24   #246
Senior - BHPian

Just one post endorsing all the support for this fantastic car; my sailor son bought the comfort line in Sep 2018, and I have to keep it going whenever he is at sea, so I know the car well now. Understated, subtle design that won't age in a hurry and does all the things that high end cars can - exactly my kind of car in which I have made a couple of trips to Goa by now.

I love the fact the I don't need to take the car out to check tyre pressures unnecessarily in the months I have to keep it going - the TPMS system is brilliant, in addition to providing reassurance on highways by leaving it selected on the cockpit MID. The car runs on 33-34 psi in the city, and 38 front 42 rear on highway runs and while firm, the suspension isn't uncomfortable - the higher profile tyres on this version might also be helping that.

The other brilliant feature for highway trips particularly is the economy - E - mode where the car goes into neutral automatically when the foot is lifted off the throttle, with revs dropping immediately to idling. That is good for fuel consumption as well as to let things like the turbo cool down automatically every once in a while on highway runs. One touch on either the brake or the throttle and the car is in gear again - very cool. And in E mode, one tap on the DSG stick can immediately move the car to S mode for ghats, the same tap again and the car goes back to E mode. I would now hate to drive any high end car that does not have this feature. Particularly one with a turbo - little risk of over cooking the turbo in this mode.

The only downside is that the main beam headlights are not good enough for the speeds the car can easily do, so one is restricted to sub 100 speeds at night to not outrun their reach - which is probably a good thing anyway.

Perhaps a little more expensive that it ought to be, but there is no car that does all it does at the price, so there is that.

A car to easily keep for a decade or more.
Sawyer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 07:55   #247
BANNED

Came across an Australian review or comparison of medium off-road cars. What surprised me most is ‘only the Tiguan (European) failed in the structural rigidity test, while even the Japanese faired good’. I don’t know if that is the right test to measure structural rigidity, still sharing the review.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th August 2019 at 08:43. Reason: Duplicate Youtube links
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 09:29   #248
BHPian

After much dilemma in the last few months, the decision has been made. Have booked a Tiguan (Highline - Indium Grey).

Once the family decided we are not going to spend above 30L for a car now, it's a pretty easy choice. No other car is as superior as Tiguan in this bracket.

Could have still gone for Endeavor 2.2, but if it's Endeavor, it has to be 3.2. The lower variant is just a real-estate option compared to Tiguan. Though Tiguan is not a proper off-roader, it still offers basic AWD which is good enough for me.

When it comes to AWD, borrowing a dialogue from the movie 'AVP', "I would have it and not need it than need it and not have it".

Besides, I took my family to VW showroom. The family immediately took a liking to the car. There's a Ford showroom next to it and I showed them the Endeavor too.

The immediate response was "This is a SUV. What's premium here?". Even my father-in-law who's from a generation that goes for 'more square feet for the money' said it still lacks the quality you feel in the other car. He felt the Tiguan's back seat was comfier than the Endeavor too.

So Tiguan it is after an unanimous family choice (that's a rarity). Thanks to the excellent TeamBhp review (gateway for car buyers in India), all your suggestions especially Tiguan owners. Proud to join this little band of Tiggy owners.

By the way, hardly few people knew or heard Tiguan. Many are puzzled when they hear and shocked when I told them it's been around for 2 years now. And after hearing the price and size, they give you that "not smart are you.. could have gone for Innova/Fortuner/Endeavour" look.

So you can say, Tiguan is "Neighbor's ignorance, Owner's pride".
drivingme.crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 09:57   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
After much dilemma in the last few months, the decision has been made. Have booked a Tiguan (Highline - Indium Grey).
Congratulations on your booking.

If I may ask, what factors favored the Tiguan vs the Kodiaq since both are essentially the same vehicle from sister concerns.
Old 21st August 2019, 10:25   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Congratulations on your booking.

If I may ask, what factors favored the Tiguan vs the Kodiaq since both are essentially the same vehicle from sister concerns.
Thanks. As I mentioned, it's the cost cap that we set. Without that I would have gone for Endeavor 3.2 with eyes closed. More power, muscle, ruggedness and much more capable 4x4 over Kodiaq.
Old 21st August 2019, 10:57   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. As I mentioned, it's the cost cap that we set. Without that I would have gone for Endeavor 3.2 with eyes closed. More power, muscle, ruggedness and much more capable 4x4 over Kodiaq.
Pardon my ignorance, that means that VW Tiguan is giving very good discounts vis-a-vis Skoda Kodiaq which as per Carwale site is anyway priced approx 4 lakhs more.

You are correct in that if it has to be the Endeavour, 3.2L it is instead of the 2.2L
Old 21st August 2019, 11:35   #252
BHPian

Congrats. I think Tiguan will give you that exclusivity. Hardly see any Tiguan.
Btw the on road price is 39.6L. Did you mean not going above 40L?. Or you mean the net price after exchanging the old car?

Quote:
Once the family decided we are not going to spend above 30L for a car now, it's a pretty easy choice. No other car is as superior as Tiguan in this bracket.
Old 21st August 2019, 11:39   #253
BHPian

Hi @drivingme.crazy, Welcome the Tiggy Club. Wish you miles of joy.
There is no doubt you will enjoy the ride.
"Neighbor's ignorance, Owner's pride" - Apt for the Tiguan.
Please post some pics. What is the OTR price currently ?
Old 21st August 2019, 11:51   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Congrats. I think Tiguan will give you that exclusivity. Hardly see any Tiguan.
Btw the on road price is 39.6L. Did you mean not going above 40L?. Or you mean the net price after exchanging the old car?
Thanks. I meant the ex-showroom cap of 30L. I got the Tiguan Highline for 29L after discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Hi @drivingme.crazy, Welcome the Tiggy Club. Wish you miles of joy.
There is no doubt you will enjoy the ride.
"Neighbor's ignorance, Owner's pride" - Apt for the Tiguan.
Please post some pics. What is the OTR price currently ?
Thanks. Can't wait for the delivery. Expecting to get in 10 days or so (pre-booked a month back). Current OTR is ~36.5L.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st August 2019 at 15:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged
drivingme.crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:19   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Can't wait for the delivery. Expecting to get in 10 days or so (pre-booked a month back). Current OTR is ~36.5L.
This OTR in Bangalore? Does Tiguan having some good offers then?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks