Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 13:53   #256
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
This OTR in Bangalore? Does Tiguan having some good offers then?
Yes, in Bangalore. I got a discount of ~1.75L from the ex-showroom price of 31.46L.
Old 22nd August 2019, 15:04   #257
BHPian

I had this sidewall tear on my Comforline's right front tyre:

This size (215/65 R17) is not available anywhere.

VW is quoting ₹27800 for one tyre.
Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-tiguan-tyre-tear.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2019, 15:22   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post

Any suggestions?
Might as well replace all 4 tyres with a size that is available in India. That will be cheaper on the long run. Otherwise, you will have to depend on VW for tyres and pay whatever they ask, in the future as well.

17 inch tyres at tyre shops cost around Rs.6000 onwards, you can actually buy 4 new tyres at the price of one tyre from VW.

Otherwise you will have to import it.

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 22nd August 2019 at 15:29.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 15:37   #259
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions?

I got quote for 33000 for 18 inch self sealing. I was informed if not self sealing it will be in the range of 25-26K. Since yours is 17 inch and not self sealing it should be much lesser than that. Can try other VW ASS for comparison.
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 20:23   #260
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions.
I was thinking of 235/60/r17 which is a close diameter and only 1km/h speedo difference.

Wonder if it will interfere with the extended warranty

Last edited by gkrishk : 22nd August 2019 at 20:31.
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:24   #261
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I have faced a similar problem but unfortunately 215/65 R17 is not a regular size in India. I have taken the wheel from VW dealer but got it covered under insurance so have to shell out approx. Rs. 6000 which depends on the depth of the tread, instead of Rs 27000. Check if your insurance has tyre damage covered.
bhavit46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 11:10   #262
BHPian

Facing some strange issue from the last few days. After travelling for say 10 mins I feel a strange smell coming from the AC . For me it is something like a “MUD” smell . Cross checked it with a few people. Some do feel the smell while some others feedback as nothing much. But I am pretty sure that something is there because I don’t get it in the initial part of the drive.
Thought it could be the AC flaps not closing even though it is in re-circulation mode. But if it is flaps are not closed I should get all smells from the road like diesel/petrol, smoke from buses and autos etc. But I am getting only 1 smell something like the mud smell.
Has anyone experienced it before. Any pointers would be helpful.
Old 27th August 2019, 19:51   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Facing some strange issue from the last few days. After travelling for say 10 mins I feel a strange smell coming from the AC . For me it is something like a “MUD” smell . Cross checked it with a few people. Some do feel the smell while some others feedback as nothing much. But I am pretty sure that something is there because I don’t get it in the initial part of the drive.
Thought it could be the AC flaps not closing even though it is in re-circulation mode. But if it is flaps are not closed I should get all smells from the road like diesel/petrol, smoke from buses and autos etc. But I am getting only 1 smell something like the mud smell.
Has anyone experienced it before. Any pointers would be helpful.
Sounds like mold growth. There are many suggestions in internet if that's the case. e.g: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=254097.
Old 27th August 2019, 22:24   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Volkswagen OE batteries are prone to failure. Even in my Vento, they failed at the 3-year mark after which we replaced it with a new one (don't remember the brand) but it wasn't OEM and it's going on flawlessly since the 3 years we have put it in the car.

Cheers!
My 15 months old Tiguan Highline did not start when cranked and most of the electrical functions (central locking, mirrors, lights etc. ) stopped functioning. I have called the Road Side Assistance. The guy came with a jumper pack and started the car and I drove it to the service centre without any further problems. But after switching off at the service centre it did not start again and I left the car at the service centre for further diagnosis. It turned out to be a battery issue and they have replaced the battery under warranty. The only downside was that I could not use the car for a weekend and the good part is that they have washed the car before returning
AjiGTI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 09:43   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
I have faced a similar problem but unfortunately 215/65 R17 is not a regular size in India. I have taken the wheel from VW dealer but got it covered under insurance so have to shell out approx. Rs. 6000 which depends on the depth of the tread, instead of Rs 27000. Check if your insurance has tyre damage covered.
A Pirelli tyre dealer in Ahmedabad is having the size 215/65 R17 in Pirelli Scorpio Verde at Rs 18000. He currently has stock of 5 tyres. I am sure they are better than stock tyres.
Old 29th August 2019, 18:52   #266
BHPian

I have a question, does it make sense to buy a used Tiguan at this moment? Money wise its a good deal, I'm concerned what happens if it gets discontinued, the resale value will go down the drain specially since its BS4. But the offer is tempting and the car is only an year old.
Old 31st August 2019, 11:23   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I have a question, does it make sense to buy a used Tiguan at this moment? Money wise its a good deal, I'm concerned what happens if it gets discontinued, the resale value will go down the drain specially since its BS4. But the offer is tempting and the car is only an year old.
The Tiguan is a great car although I prefer the Kodiak over it since it offers a 3rd row as well. But personally speaking if the discount offered is attractive I would go for the Tiguan.
vickster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 11:57   #268
Senior - BHPian

Tiguan is a fantastic car for a small family of 2-3 adults and a kid. Its strictly a 4 seater as far as adults are concerned, the back seat is not as wide as the Kodiaq. Even at the front, whenever I get the opportunity to drive my brother's Tiguan, I have felt that the cabin seems cramped. The black interiors don't help, although I would take black interiors any day compared to the Kodiaq's beige.

For a larger family, Kodiaq makes sense. Worst scenario for both these cars is, they're capable of going on and on for more than 10 years of ownership. The new rules in places such as Delhi NCR make it impossible to register after 10 years is up! If you're out of Delhi NCR, you can use the car for a good 6-7 years and sell it if you wish to, with half of registration period still left. VW/Skoda cars are just that good in this category. After I had multiple issues with my Octy early on, its relatively error free since last two years. Maintenance is a little bit on the higher side besides service cost, but well worth it. I will complete 6 years with the Octavia next month, and I feel there's still about 2-3 years left in her before an upgrade/replacement becomes mandatory for me.

If you get a good deal on the Tiguan, and it fits your requirements, go for it. If you prefer more space and beige interiors, go with the Kodiaq. Both are relatively solid and long lasting products.
Old 2nd September 2019, 11:44   #269
BHPian

Has anyone replaced the tyres of their Tiguan? If yes which ones and how much did it cost? I'm talking about the tyres for highline 235/55 R18. I read some posts here about the costing, but didnt find a post mentioning they have replaced the tyres. Also any update on the sunroof ambient lighting. VW didnt fit the sunroof ambient lighting in India or is it like its there but disabled? I guess the option to change the lighting is still there on the head unit.
Old 3rd September 2019, 01:16   #270
BHPian

Happy to announce that we have bought a second Tiguan in the family. My father who was using a Skoda Superb for the last 7 years has finally sold it and bought a brand new Tiguan Comfortline Indium Grey. He has traveled in my Tiguan and likes the comfort, build quality and the features.
He also wanted to move to a SUV, because, while he really liked the Superb, ground clearance on the roads in Mumbai (especially in monsoon) can be a challenge.
Updates to the 2019 Comfortline include a reverse parking camera (which my 2018 Comfortline does not have) and some additional parking sensors.
They have however removed the chrome garnish on the power window and power mirror switches, and the hazard switch.
shaktisarangi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks