Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2019, 19:02   #391

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
That being said - if the Tiguan is tugging at your heart, this is probably one of the best times to pick it up!
Two thumbs up for this. I think the heart played the decider in my case. I just loved the feel, the engine, the size, and the unassuming presence of Tiguan.
kamakaze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 21:38   #392
BHPian

Quote:
That being said - if the Tiguan is tugging at your heart, this is probably one of the best times to pick it up!
That’s the puzzle here, we have currently a car that means mind strictly says to wait for another year and get newer bs6 engine.
But other side, heart dancing to buy one when we have more than 4.5 lakhs discount for CL. At one point I was clear that Reverse camera mandate for me, but now I can settle without it. This October month is so crazy confusing month, but equally worried as I heard from Octavia thread that there are lesser than 20 Tiguan kits available.

I am not sure if Tiguan 5 seater will be available in BS6 form, when All space versions out.

Also am still new to VW/Skoda world and I think i can manage either of them, so not keen on Skoda only cars.

Last edited by lokii_83 : 9th October 2019 at 21:56.
Old 9th October 2019, 22:04   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I am unable to decide my next step. I guess views from current Tiguan owners will help me move further. Thanking you in anticipation.
In Bangalore I felt the VW Service is better than Skoda. Having driven a Skoda Rapid before the Tiguan for around four years, I can say for sure that VW Service Centers in Bangalore is better at service.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 11:44   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, what kind of discounts could we be looking at for the Tiguan?
Old 10th October 2019, 13:15   #395
BHPian

Discounts in the region of 4.5 L + is what is being offered.
Old 10th October 2019, 13:45   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Hi guys, what kind of discounts could we be looking at for the Tiguan?
I purchased my vehicle a while back so cannot update on current schemes - but have heard that a Rs. 5L discount is possible - not sure if this includes extended warranty for 5 years (approx Rs. 95,000), or if the warranty is an additional freebie on top of this discount.
Cash discount could also include discounted price for insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
That’s the puzzle here, we have currently a car that means mind strictly says to wait for another year and get newer bs6 engine.
But other side, heart dancing to buy one when we have more than 4.5 lakhs discount for CL. At one point I was clear that Reverse camera mandate for me, but now I can settle without it. This October month is so crazy confusing month, but equally worried as I heard from Octavia thread that there are lesser than 20 Tiguan kits available.

I am not sure if Tiguan 5 seater will be available in BS6 form, when All space versions out.

Also am still new to VW/Skoda world and I think i can manage either of them, so not keen on Skoda only cars.
So according to Raz's post above, in Bangalore VW service seems better than Skoda, which would be one of my key concerns after our 1 year service in Mumbai where I was a little disappointed.
About the BS4 & BS6: I think it will all boil down to how long you intend to keep the vehicle for.
If you plan to sell it in 5 years when EW expires, it may not make a difference; but if you plan to retain it post warranty lapsing - then it may be better to wait for the new BS6 cars to roll out.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 14:24   #397
BHPian

A family friend got a deal of 27 Lakhs on road (Mumbai) for Tiguan 2.0 TDI Highline Automatic (White)

This deal makes it very sweet for a very under rated SUV.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 15:58   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
A family friend got a deal of 27 Lakhs on road (Mumbai) for Tiguan 2.0 TDI Highline Automatic (White)

That's a steal if it is really the HL . 10L less than the list price.
Old 10th October 2019, 16:24   #399
BHPian

Completed 20K on my Tiguan. Enjoying every bit of it. The engine is coarse and a bit noisy initially during the first start of the day and becomes smoother and silent after it reaches its optimum temp of 90 deg. Somehow noticed that if you are driving in the city, the second trip is butter smooth in terms of pickup, engine noise, FE etc(i usually drop my son at school as first trip in the morning)

After reading @Nikhil's post tried the tyre pressure as recommended on the vehicle sticker (38psi). Wow...it really makes a difference. Earlier used to have a "thud" when passing even on small potholes . Now that is gone ...its gliding over them. On highway its even more smooth and cruising. Only draw back noticed due to this - may be a 10% decrease in the breaking bite ( or may be my perception !!). Will monitor it for few more weeks. Had a highway trip a last weekend . Over 350 Kms got FE 21.1 kmpl with speeds around 100 and full AC on.
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 17:37   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinath_m2 View Post
Congrats on your new ride kamakaze! I believe silver is very easy maintenance. Good choice on the comfort car
I drive to work on a road that has 100 kmph speed limit. I have set 100 kmph warning in the car. But this other buzzer goes off at 80 kmph. It beeps just once but the yellow icon stays occupying the MMDI real estate as long as the car stays above 80. It's irritating to have an alert when you are within the speed limit.
I would ask the ASS to remove this 80 kmph warning and retain the 120kmph one. I think a VCDS coding would do the trick. Don't know if ASS would agree
Old 10th October 2019, 18:26   #401
BHPian

Quote:

Wow thats a great price even if its a Comfortline. Are you sure its a Highline?

Quote:
I purchased my vehicle a while back so cannot update on current schemes - but have heard that a Rs. 5L discount is possible - not sure if this includes extended warranty for 5 years (approx Rs. 95,000), or if the warranty is an additional freebie on top of this discount.
Cash discount could also include discounted price for insurance.
5 year warranty is standard on all VW diesel cars now. So no need to pay extra.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th October 2019 at 18:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
showboat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 18:44   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaze View Post
I drive to work on a road that has 100 kmph speed limit. I have set 100 kmph warning in the car. But this other buzzer goes off at 80 kmph. It beeps just once but the yellow icon stays occupying the MMDI real estate as long as the car stays above 80. It's irritating to have an alert when you are within the speed limit.
I would ask the ASS to remove this 80 kmph warning and retain the 120kmph one. I think a VCDS coding would do the trick. Don't know if ASS would agree
I am sure you can remove that 100kmph alert of yours now! ASS would not be happy for sure, they don't want to be burnt by govt for this. But if you own the kit, you can undo before showing it to their face. If you figure the way to do this, PM me :P I know a dozen people who would fall to your feet to get this

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post

If money is a factor, I would suggest you buy now. Car prices will increase with BS6, there will be newer models, more confusions and so on.
Somebody on forum said, best time to buy is NOW.
And your heart has already agreed to buying this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
After reading @Nikhil's post tried the tyre pressure as recommended on the vehicle sticker (38psi). Wow...it really makes a difference. Earlier used to have a "thud" when passing even on small potholes . Now that is gone ...its gliding over them. On highway its even more smooth and cruising. Only draw back noticed due to this - may be a 10% decrease in the breaking bite ( or may be my perception !!). Will monitor it for few more weeks. Had a highway trip a last weekend . Over 350 Kms got FE 21.1 kmpl with speeds around 100 and full AC on.
Wait, are you saying more air in tire = better ride quality? Beats traditional wisdom, no? Can you set it back to 33 and check again, may be the tires required some running in too? Is that even a thing?
Old 11th October 2019, 06:07   #403
BHPian

Quote:

Hi VW. Did you find out if it was a comfortline or Highline? Or if it was a car in stock? Very curious, as getting something that cheap for either is a great deal in Mumbai or any other city with 15% RTO.
Old 11th October 2019, 07:43   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Hi VW. Did you find out if it was a comfortline or Highline? Or if it was a car in stock? Very curious, as getting something that cheap for either is a great deal in Mumbai or any other city with 15% RTO.
It is 2018 Highline Model. For 2019 they have quoted around 31 lakhs. Both with 5 years warranty.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 08:25   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinath_m2 View Post
Wait, are you saying more air in tire = better ride quality? Beats traditional wisdom, no? Can you set it back to 33 and check again, may be the tires required some running in too? Is that even a thing?
I will try it for some more time to see how it holds . Also I don't think it's more air because that is the value recommended by the manufacturer which they must have arrived at after all necessary tests.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th October 2019 at 08:48. Reason: Fixing broken quote.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks