Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2019, 16:55   #481
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My sis & brother-in-law sold their 8-year old Freelander & bought a VW Tiguan. It's superior in every way to the Land Rover, except for ride quality. BIL is already complaining that he finds it bumpy and will sit on the front seat only (chauffeur-driven).

They liked the Kodiaq more, but found the price difference to be too high for an almost identical car. Dealer offered like 5+ lakhs off on the car. Personally, I'd have still gone for the Kodiaq .
Did they get the highline? The 18s in medium/low profile were quite harsh. I've set my 17s in the comfortline to 33psi and its made a world of difference. It still crashes a little on really big holes but that stiff setup returns the favor on the highways.

The price difference is a big selling point. They were giving heavy heavy discounts last month. And it's basically the same car. Minus the limited use 3rd row.

Last edited by showboat : 9th November 2019 at 16:56. Reason: Double post
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 17:57   #482
BHPian

Kodiaq is way better and quite different ( yes same engine and from the same manufacturer and same platform) than Tiguan. 3rd row, 9 airbags, virtual cockpit, 360 degree cameras, better headlight system, canton sound system .. these are visible and next level differentiating factors that puts Kodiaq way ahead of Tiguan. And (to me) it looks luxurious and classy when I see those on the roads. There is one in White on this forum with different alloys , looks brilliant. The blue one too.

That said , Tiguan is awesome car , I like its Shape and clean design language.
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 11:10   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Kodiaq is way better and quite different ( yes same engine and from the same manufacturer and same platform) than Tiguan. 3rd row, 9 airbags, virtual cockpit, 360 degree cameras, better headlight system, canton sound system .. these are visible and next level differentiating factors that puts Kodiaq way ahead of Tiguan. And (to me) it looks luxurious and classy when I see those on the roads. There is one in White on this forum with different alloys , looks brilliant. The blue one too.

That said , Tiguan is awesome car , I like its Shape and clean design language.
The Kodiaq is a great car, and Skoda packs in the features. The question is would you pay 7-8 lakh more for those features when the DNA is the same?

That's the choice a lot of us had to make when deciding in the last few weeks. In my case the comfortline met my needs and the price difference was almost 10 compared to the Style Kodiaq (which doesn't have the virtual cockpit or 360 camera either). It was a pretty easy choice for me.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 12:56   #484
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Did they get the highline? The 18s in medium/low profile were quite harsh. I've set my 17s in the comfortline to 33psi and its made a world of difference. It still crashes a little on really big holes but that stiff setup returns the favor on the highways.
Yep, the Highline with its low profile tyres. Stupid manufacturers have to think "Indian" before offering just any wheel + tyre combination here. I suggested downsizing to my sister, but they are (understandably) not keen to change anything in a brand new car.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 17:14   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yep, the Highline with its low profile tyres. Stupid manufacturers have to think "Indian" before offering just any wheel + tyre combination here. I suggested downsizing to my sister, but they are (understandably) not keen to change anything in a brand new car.
Totally get it. Honestly it was one of the big driving factors for the comfortline.
17s look small on the car but the comfort is worlds better. R Line abroad comes with 20s. Imagine the chiropractor bill with those here.
Old 11th November 2019, 10:29   #486
BHPian

Quote:
The Kodiaq is a great car, and Skoda packs in the features. The question is would you pay 7-8 lakh more for those features when the DNA is the same?

That's the choice a lot of us had to make when deciding in the last few weeks. In my case the comfortline met my needs and the price difference was almost 10 compared to the Style Kodiaq (which doesn't have the virtual cockpit or 360 camera either). It was a pretty easy choice for me.
Agree with showboat. If you are comfortable with comfortline , which I was then it is a more practical choice among Tiguan and Kodiaq. Also, for me I felt Kodiaq somehow was not as sporty to drive as Tiguan. It was more on the luxurious side than being sportier. And 10 lacs difference is not a small money even with all the additional good things you get from Kodiaq when mechanically you drive the same car (almost)
Old 11th November 2019, 10:58   #487
BHPian

I just spoke to VW Whitefield. They told me the 1000km checkup will take a full day. Is that normal? I thought it would be a 1-2hr thing. Just check oils and coolants. Wipe the car and hand it over. Am I missing something?
Old 11th November 2019, 11:19   #488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just spoke to VW Whitefield. They told me the 1000km checkup will take a full day. Is that normal? I thought it would be a 1-2hr thing. Just check oils and coolants. Wipe the car and hand it over. Am I missing something?
Ideally, it take 1-2hours. The VW process is very rigid. Morning is used to check in the cars and process the paperwork, cars are then sent in on a first in - first out basis. Cars are delivered only after 3 PM.

Toyota and Ford had developed dedicated areas where standardised servicing can be completed. Read Chirags excellent article here (Behind the scenes: Toyota demonstrates its customer service initiatives (including Express Service)). One thing these places have that VW does not have is space. Toyota expect the dealer to invest in huge spaces so that dedicated areas could be set up.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 14:49   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Ideally, it take 1-2hours. The VW process is very rigid. Morning is used to check in the cars and process the paperwork, cars are then sent in on a first in - first out basis. Cars are delivered only after 3 PM.

Toyota and Ford had developed dedicated areas where standardised servicing can be completed. Read Chirags excellent article here (Behind the scenes: Toyota demonstrates its customer service initiatives (including Express Service)). One thing these places have that VW does not have is space. Toyota expect the dealer to invest in huge spaces so that dedicated areas could be set up.
Yes feeling the rigidity. Got them to agree to a half day. Let's hope it doesn't take that long. I recently got a Maruti car for my business and the service teams there are leagues more responsive. I can give my car at 2pm and get it by 5pm most days. With a wash.
Old 11th November 2019, 15:18   #490
BHPian

Hello All, I picked up Tiguan Highline Orxy white yesterday. It replaced our trustworthy 12 year old Mitsubhishi cedia sports.

Is there a place in Pune where I can get 3d Kagu mats for tiguan? I have it in my Polo GT and love them.
1000Horses is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 12:51   #491
BHPian

Congratulations on your acquisition. Enjoy the diesel Tiguan while it lasts.

Did you get a good offer on the price?
Old 12th November 2019, 21:01   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Hello All, I picked up Tiguan Highline Orxy white yesterday....
Congrats and welcome to the Tiggy Club. It's a great car (yup, I own one too ). Might be dwarfed by the (pun intended) Pollards and Russells of it's segment but I would compare it to "Cool Kane". It's pleasure in it's own style.

It hates bad roads and bites you back. But on sweet tarmac, it absolutely keeps you happy. You'll love it more driving on the highways/ghats.

Mine is 3 months old and already clocked 4K KMs. Yet to get the free check done.
drivingme.crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 06:18   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Hello All, I picked up Tiguan Highline Orxy white yesterday. It replaced our trustworthy 12 year old Mitsubhishi cedia sports.

Is there a place in Pune where I can get 3d Kagu mats for Tiguan? I have it in my Polo GT and love them.
Congratulations! White looks great. I just saw one yesterday at the showroom. I got the OEM rubber floor mats and boot mats and they seem pretty durable and nice. They don't have the raised edges like the Kagu mats though.

1000km service was not needed but got a free wash and engine clean and just wanted to make sure there are no issues before I go on a couple of long drives in the next 10 days. With my schedule I should be upto 2500kms within the first month.
Old 13th November 2019, 08:05   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Mine is 3 months old and already clocked 4K KMs. Yet to get the free check done.
With VAG cars it is always recommended to rigorously stick to the schedule regardless of the triviality of the service.
Old 13th November 2019, 12:03   #495
BHPian

Thanks All. Yes good discounts on highline too. I agree that the ride is stiff but I would take it given the dynamics of the car and roads are not that bad.

I too got floor mats but they dont cover the transmission tunnel carpet which will get dirty pretty soon.

Most Viewed