Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 14:30   #541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Tiguan is going to be sold with petrol engine in the post BS6 era initially. Does anyone knows if both the 5 seater and 7 seater (Allspace) versions will be sold?
Tiguan 5 seater will be discontinued in 2020 replaced by Tiguan Allspace, as per the dealers.
However, its VW so anything can happen after 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Booked a Tiguan Highline. It is a MY20 car as per the dealer. Not got the VIN yet. Getting a good discount on the limited stocks available.
I don't think that's accurate. No MY2020 Tiguan have been imported into India and no plans either. Allspace will be sold in 2020

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th December 2019 at 18:41. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 19:39   #542
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
The new MY20 model has only 1 tailgate button. The delay closing button is removed.
Quote:
Booked a Tiguan Highline. It is a MY20 car as per the dealer.
Are you sure you are getting MY2020? Have you checked the VIN?

I thought VW was busy clearing it's inventory. But here it looks they are basking in the glory of spike in sales and importing new kits!
Old 1st January 2020, 14:07   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Are you sure you are getting MY2020? Have you checked the VIN?

I thought VW was busy clearing it's inventory. But here it looks they are basking in the glory of spike in sales and importing new kits!
May be I am wrong. The dealer told me it is a MY20 model which I presume to be the Model year 2020 (not manufacturing year 2020). From the VIN, it says it is Dec'2019 manufactured model. What I know is that it does not have mood lighting on the sunroof and no illuminated scuff plates. The vehicle is still in transit and I plan to take delivery of vehicle after Pongal. He told me that all kits for Tiguan Highline are sold out !!! Comfortline version was anyway not available.

I got close to 6.5L (including Insurance from them at a very good quote). I was able to negotiate a few extra accessories. He did inform me that all accessories will take a month to come as they are overwhelmed with Tiguan bookings. (This must be a new experience for VW dealers !!!). They are fitting accessories for cars delivered in Oct & early November now.
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 14:56   #544
BHPian

Quote:
. What I know is that it does not have mood lighting on the sunroof and no illuminated scuff plates. .
Yup..Even I heard that the new ones does not have mood lighting. I was informed to bring in mine to change some parts which will correct the lighting problem. So not sure why the new ones doesn't come with the corrected parts for the mood lighting.
Old 6th January 2020, 20:35   #545
Senior - BHPian

Rat attack: Alert for Tiguan owners

I have had no trouble since 2011, for a Civic, Nano and Liva. The parking under the stilts is reasonably clean, so I was not too fussed about the rats issue.

In the last two days, my 2018 Tiguan has suffered massive damage from a rat in all parts except the engine bay. It gained access to the rear boot via the wheel well and from there through the non return air ventilation flaps at the sides of the car, inside the bumper. It chewed through the flaps and plastic cage that is part of the flap assembly and got access to the boot, and then all the way to the front part of the car including the dash and the A pillar trim insulation. Fortunately the debris on the mats gave it away before it could do more than superficial damage to the wiring.

I have no idea why it is only the Tiguan a rat has managed to access, but I am now thinking of sealing off the access by removing both flap assemblies, and installing a metal mesh on the access window that will then be open on the one side and a metal plate on the similar window on the other side of the car - the exhaust pipe side. Sealing off both fully will cause pressure issues inside the car, hence the wire mesh on one side. Wire mesh on both sides will add to the issues related to ingress of external smells, hence a metal plate on the other side.

While I will also do things like using the suggested spray inside the engine compartment even though it has not been attacked, I can't see anything else that is practical to do.

All it took to do serious damage inside was probably one rat, over two nights. I don't know if the Tiguan is more vulnerable than other cars to this mode of access, but this is something that folks here may want to be aware of.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 13:52   #546
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the info @Sawyer. It's indeed a bad experience having a rat enter the car the way it did in your case. Need to be on the look out and take preventive measures
Old 7th January 2020, 14:18   #547
Senior - BHPian

The rat was found after the last bit of trim and dashboard was removed and the car stripped from inside to bare metal. I suppose as the trim kept getting removed the rat kept retreating behind the remaining trim, so until it was backed into the last corner and exposed, it did not run away, when it did just that. It was probably a female and trying to build a nest, seeing how it had accumulated foam bits near the spare wheel floor well, under the covering carpet.

I compared the design of the flaps to those on my Liva - those are at the rear of the car, and accessible only via under the rear bumper at the rear of the car. They cannot be reached via the rear wheel wells. So there is no access to the interiors of the car from the rear wheels at least. And since there isn't much scope to build a nest in the engine bay, the rat preferred to use the 5 star hotel parked next to it instead, where the boot is easily accessed via the rear wheel wells.
Old 7th January 2020, 18:57   #548
Senior - BHPian

More on the solution progress for the Tiguan in the link:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...r-rats-97.html
Old 8th January 2020, 10:07   #549
BHPian

Hello..

A question to those who have recently gone in for Tiguan.

What do you expect in terms of spares/service back up, considering that this version is already on its way out? Would it be an issue in the foreseeable future?
Old 8th January 2020, 11:12   #550
Senior - BHPian

More on the rat ingress, a part of what I posted elsewhere, copied here for Tiguan owners to take note of:

In parallel one of the meshed boxes has been installed, per the photo below. The bumper assembly goes over it. But the photo highlights how easy it was for the rat to access the boot via the rear wheel well; it climbed up the well, slipped between the cladding and the bumper and forced its way through the flaps into the boot.

Is access to interiors this easy for all cars? Because unlike the engine bay, there are so many hiding places for rats that gain entry to the interiors of the car from this end, that this makes the car very vulnerable to small animals by a design that does not take this hazard into account.

And once the rat is in the interiors it is a nightmare. All the interior trim, seats, carpets, roof lining is all removed to get at it and while one has run away, there is overnight evidence of at least one more that still has to be found and removed. And till then, rebuilding the interiors cannot commence.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img20200108wa0003.jpg  

Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 18:58   #551
BHPian

A random Google search on the car shows that the current offers are up to 5.5 lakhs while earlier they were advertising benefits up to 5 lakhs.

In fact it appears that the homepage of the car hasn't been updated which still shows 5 lakhs.

The RSA has also been increased by 5 years which was earlier for 4 years.

It seems that the VW has revised the offer for this month. Anybody getting a better deal from the dealer than what was offered previous month? Please share so that we can all press for it.

My dealer for instance is not ready to accept it and says that he had already offered me that benefit which i don't believe.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-screenshot_20200108184605.jpg  

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-screenshot_20200108184045.jpg  

Old 8th January 2020, 20:47   #552

Greetings!
Bought Black color Tiguan on 21st Dec.

Summary of changes I found:
Added:
  • 2nd USB port next to Cigarette Lighter
  • Added USB port below rear AC controls (next to 12V power outlet)
Replaced
  • Head Unit replaced with new version full touch screen
  • Aluminum Pedals replaced by Rubber Pedals
Removed:
  • Auto close boot switch (Not sure if this feature works without this button as you move away with key).
  • ASR On/Off switch
  • Sunroof LED ambient lighting
  • Logos on the engine covers
  • Sun glass holder but observed provision next to Sun Roof switches not sure this is now removed
One more important thing is Fuel Tank capacity is 63 ltrs not 71 ltrs but VW service folks said that 8 lts is emergency fuel kept in the tank not accounted part of measurement (Not sure if this is true)

Pls. let me know if anyone aware of the make of speaker system (I think globally its Fender)
BlackHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 21:17   #553

Quote:
A random Google search on the car shows that the current offers are up to 5.5 lakhs while earlier they were advertising benefits up to 5 lakhs.

In fact it appears that the homepage of the car hasn't been updated which still shows 5 lakhs.

The RSA has also been increased by 5 years which was earlier for 4 years.

It seems that the VW has revised the offer for this month. Anybody getting a better deal from the dealer than what was offered previous month? Please share so that we can all press for it.

My dealer for instance is not ready to accept it and says that he had already offered me that benefit which i don't believe.

All Volkswagen Diesel models are coming now with default 5yrs warranty and RSA. You can opt for 6th year by paying extra.

On-road cost of Tiguan Highline is 38.5 Lakhs (On paper) but 30.5 Lakhs is what the best prevailing rate. I am not sure whether stock is still available.
BlackHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 21:37   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
On-road cost of Tiguan Highline is 38.5 Lakhs (On paper) but 30.5 Lakhs is what the best prevailing rate. I am not sure whether stock is still available.
Many congratulation sir!

Yes. But i think the offers have been revised in January if you would look at the screenshots i have attached in my previous post.

30.5L appears to be the approximate on road everywhere till December. I got a quote of similar figure in December.

Did you get the mud flaps installed?
What accessories were offered?
Old 8th January 2020, 22:01   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulation sir!

Yes. But i think the offers have been revised in January if you would look at the screenshots i have attached in my previous post.

30.5L appears to be the approximate on road everywhere till December. I got a quote of similar figure in December.

Did you get the mud flaps installed?
What accessories were offered?
I enquired about it a couple of days ago in Bangalore. As per dealer there is no stock.

Which city/dealer are you getting the offers from.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks