Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2020, 00:01   #631
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post

I wish VW brings some intelligence of not locking the car by identifying the key inside the car!

Highline boot doesn't lock with the keys inside at least when the key is in the boot area. I have first hand experience with this. Since highline can open boot with gesture, couple of times I have forgotten to take out the keys from bag before opening boot lid. After opening the boot with hands free and keys inside, on pressing the close lid button, boot lid stops closing half way with few repeated beeps. Until you take out the keys, boot won't close.

From your message, it appears this feature is absent in comfortline.
Old 18th February 2020, 08:52   #632
Senior - BHPian

After a similar experience with my Octavia, I have programmed a boot lock delay via VCDS, where in the boot remains unlocked for about 30 seconds to a minute, even when closed. I'm yet to recall the exact time delay. This works when I use the boot unlock button on the key fob, while the rest of the four doors are already locked. Found the code from Andyvee’s thread from Briskoda.
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-78be5efe10e64d16aec2ca2b5433faec.jpeg

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 18th February 2020 at 09:02.
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 09:14   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
After a similar experience with my Octavia, I have programmed a boot lock delay via VCDS, where in the boot remains unlocked for about 30 seconds to a minute, even when closed. I'm yet to recall the exact time delay. This works when I use the boot unlock button on the key fob, while the rest of the four doors are already locked. Found the code from Andyvee’s thread from Briskoda.
Attachment 1971020
I thought the KESSY system in the Skodas are supposed to outright disallow locking of when the key is detected inside? Or is the boot exempt from this? Will try it one day with the spare key safely available.

I also insist that the spare key is carried in my wife's handbag (which she always carries for everything).
Old 18th February 2020, 12:39   #634
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK only with the driver door open, the car cannot be locked. Rest all situations its possible to lock the key in the car. But as you said need to check with KESSY. Same reason why the service guys always keep the key out of the car at all times. If one has left the key in the boot, that mistake cannot be bypassed unless you program boot lock delay. Also the car in question was a comfort line model, which doesn't come equipped with KESSY and Engine Start Stop button.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 18th February 2020 at 12:42.
Old 19th February 2020, 08:23   #635
BHPian

Have any Tiguan owners installed a Dashcam? If so, can they post any pictures of the installation?
Old 21st February 2020, 19:49   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Tiguan Allspace replacing the 5 seat Tiguan will be launched on March 6th.

Link (Rumour: VW to import T-Roc, Touareg, Tiguan Allspace as CBUs)
Old 21st February 2020, 21:02   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
AFAIK only with the driver door open, the car cannot be locked. Rest all situations its possible to lock the key in the car. But as you said need to check with KESSY.

Not true about Tiguan Highline. I can't lock my boot with the Keys inside the boot. It refuses to close with loud BEEPs and it is consistent.
Old 22nd February 2020, 23:08   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Not true about Tiguan Highline. I can't lock my boot with the Keys inside the boot. It refuses to close with loud BEEPs and it is consistent.
This is mostly to do with the extra sensors behind for Highline model, which makes to wave and open the boot? With this sensors reachable to key in the boot, I assume the trick of disabling the lock with key present inside works.

Sad that such a tech car misses this in Comfortline model. They should have solved this as it’s such important feature.
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:43   #639
BHPian

I was checking to see if there were any last minute deals on the Tiguan Comfortline at the Mysore showroom, where my Jetta is serviced.

Sadly, no Comfortline Tiguan's but they do have one last Tiguan Highline in white @ Rs 36L after discounts.
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:32   #640
BHPian

Is it good to buy an expensive diesel BS 4 vehicle at this stage ? Doesn't the extremely low sulphur content in the BS6 grade fuel cause irrepairable damage to the engine over a period of time ? I am just curious that's all..... pardon my ignorance on this subject.

Last edited by Timothy : 2nd March 2020 at 14:36.
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:28   #641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Is it good to buy an expensive diesel BS 4 vehicle at this stage ? Doesn't the extremely low sulphur content in the BS6 grade fuel cause irrepairable damage to the engine over a period of time ? I am just curious that's all..... pardon my ignorance on this subject.
The Tiguan engine and most VW/Skoda diesel cars are Euro5 engines designed to take ULSD which is similar to BS6 grade fuel so for most euro cars like VW/Skoda/Audi/BMW you don't have to worry about BS6 fuel causing damage.

The issue will be with indian spec engines from brands like Ford, Tata, Maruti Hyundai which developed their engines for indian fuel vs Skoda/VW which just get EU spec engines.

My Kodiaq which is same as Tiguan engine wise mentioned Euro5 fuel grade in build sheet. Ofcourse with DPF and SCR delete for India.

So when BS6 fuel does come out, the Kodiaq/Tiguan/Superb/Octavia/Jetta should not have any issues with BS6 fuel.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 21:18   #642

Did anyone check on the fuel tank capacity of Tiguan? It’s mentioned 71ltrs in the brochure but in the user manual 63ltrs.

VW service guys said it’s 71ltrs but 8-10 ltrs in reserve which doesn’t show or calculate using fuel sensor. This is the same case with most of premium cars.

Any clue about this?
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:47   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Tiguan engine and most VW/Skoda diesel cars are Euro5 engines designed to take ULSD which is similar to BS6 grade fuel so for most euro cars like VW/Skoda/Audi/BMW you don't have to worry about BS6 fuel causing damage.

The issue will be with indian spec engines from brands like Ford, Tata, Maruti Hyundai which developed their engines for indian fuel vs Skoda/VW which just get EU spec engines.

My Kodiaq which is same as Tiguan engine wise mentioned Euro5 fuel grade in build sheet. Ofcourse with DPF and SCR delete for India.

So when BS6 fuel does come out, the Kodiaq/Tiguan/Superb/Octavia/Jetta should not have any issues with BS6 fuel.
Ok thanks this clarifies things quite a bit ! Infact I have been following the Tiguan forum as I was in the market for a vehicle in the 25L bracket. Finally I picked the Octavia 1.8TSI L&K in Jan. this year.
Old 3rd March 2020, 16:26   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
Did anyone check on the fuel tank capacity of Tiguan? It’s mentioned 71ltrs in the brochure but in the user manual 63ltrs.

VW service guys said it’s 71ltrs but 8-10 ltrs in reserve which doesn’t show or calculate using fuel sensor. This is the same case with most of premium cars.

Any clue about this?
Globally it shows as a 60 litre tank. I think that's pretty close to what I've seen when I fill. The one time I was pretty close to empty, it filled almost 59 liters. So a 3 litre reserve would probably be right.

Kodiaq has a 63 litre tank in its brochure also.

Last edited by showboat : 3rd March 2020 at 16:29. Reason: More info
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 12:29   #645
BHPian

Did my first service of 1K Km. Also went for ceramic coating and PPF for bumpers. Looks very shiny now. Maintaining this ceramic coating would be a tough task though. Advised to use only water for cleaning, no dry cloth or even wipe with wet cloth.

Here is a picture with the coating.
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_1335.jpeg
baskar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks