Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 13:43   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Which dealer would you recommend? Any pointers would be of great help.
VW Autobahn Turbhe Navi Mumbai.

One of the most competent VW Workshop in Mumbai or can even say Maharashtra.

GMap Location

You can reach out to Workshop Manager Mr Tausif at 7506388603.

Have been sending my Vento TDi here for past 11 years.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 20:23   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Hey Guys

My 4th service of 2018 Diesel Tiguan is due and since it involves changing the transmission oil I was wondering which place (city) in Maharashtra would be the best to do it. I presently reside in Aurangabad and to be honest I am a bit hesitant to do the 4th service here. Anyone here from Pune, Mumbai or Nashik changed their transmission oil in their Tiguan? If yes how was it? Any issues post changing transmission oil? Which dealer would you recommend? Any pointers would be of great help, thanks.
To be honest, I wouldn't be too worried about changing transmission oil on the Tiguan. VW dealers should be familiar with the process as almost all recent VW Automatics are DSG (barring the Vento 1.6P Auto) which require a transmission oil change every 4 years.
In fact the Haldex AWD Oil Change every 3 years is something only carried out on the Tiguan so that could be a little trickier than the DSG Oil Change in my opinion.

I personally give my car to VW Autobahn Sewri and haven't had any complaints - though in my experience it boils down to service advisor - so I call all my VW owning friends up a couple weeks before service is due to see who they recommend and who they avoid like the plague.

In the past, on other DSG equipped vehicles - I haven't noticed much of a change post oil change, except maybe a placebo effect of smoother shifting but no one else who drives the cars feels so.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 20:03   #963
d.j
BHPian

Hi guys, quick question on a TDI Tiguan - the wipers have suddenly started making screeching noise, not really sure if it is time to change, jan 20 car, Any Suggestions ?, further,

The nearest workshop doesn’t has any in stock so can we change it outside, without going against any warranty issues in future and what size/ make?. Thanks for the help.

Regards/DJ
Old 17th August 2022, 20:54   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j View Post
Hi guys, quick question on a TDI Tiguan - the wipers have suddenly started making screeching noise, not really sure if it is time to change, jan 20 car, Any Suggestions ?, further,

The nearest workshop doesn’t has any in stock so can we change it outside, without going against any warranty issues in future and what size/ make?. Thanks for the help.

Regards/DJ
Yes you can change to 3rd parth wipers like Bosch or 3M.
Just get the dimensions and order it from amazon.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 17:11   #965
BHPian

Any reference for a competent Volkswagen workshop in NCR for the third scheduled service of my car?
Old 20th October 2022, 15:06   #966
BHPian

Recently completed a long trip of 700 km including city traffic for exiting and entering the city, high way , single lane state highway and small patches of bad roads. With sedate driving of around 90-100Kmph and a couple of relaxing breaks , Tiggy returned an amazing mileage with a crazy range of 1400+km. With the change of the gear oil during the last service its as butter smooth as it could be.
Picture showing when nearing the first half of the journey.
Attached Images

Old 26th October 2022, 10:06   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Recently completed a long trip of 700 km including city traffic for exiting and entering the city, high way , single lane state highway and small patches of bad roads. With sedate driving of around 90-100Kmph and a couple of relaxing breaks , Tiggy returned an amazing mileage with a crazy range of 1400+km. With the change of the gear oil during the last service its as butter smooth as it could be.
Picture showing when nearing the first half of the journey.
Man, this is Crazy!! Mine doesn't cross 900-1000kms. On an average, I get about 800kms range on a full tank. How many kms has your car done?
Old 28th October 2022, 16:20   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
Man, this is Crazy!! Mine doesn't cross 900-1000kms. On an average, I get about 800kms range on a full tank. How many kms has your car done?
Hi,
Mine as of today is 51K + on the ODO. Please take note that most of the drive was on different highways (some state as well and a few patches ) and in a relaxed manner. Range when driven in the city traffic will definitely be lower.
Thanks.
Old 29th October 2022, 14:56   #969
BHPian

Guys,
Planning to change tyres of my Tiggy (nearing 52K on the odo). Although there is still life left I feel the rubber has become harder and there is an increase in the noise level.
3 options available
Michelin - latitude 3 - 22k /pc without self sealing
Pirelli Scorpion verde - 18.5k/pc with self sealing
Hankook - 19k /pc with self sealing ( same that came with the Tiggy)
Michelin are the best for comfort and low noise , while Pirelli are the best for grip and handling but noisiest of the 3. Hankook is in between the both.
If Michelin was available with self sealing, I would not have given a second thought.
Not able to make up my mind as I am interested in Michelin but interested in self sealing as well which is not possible
Request your inputs especially those who have changed and the difference noticed.
Thanks.
Old 29th October 2022, 23:16   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Michelin - latitude 3 - 22k /pc without self sealing
Pirelli Scorpion verde - 18.5k/pc with self sealing
Hankook - 19k /pc with self sealing ( same that came with the Tiggy)
Can you share the contacts where Michelin and Hankook are available? I tried contacting Michelin dealers in NCR but none had it in stock size. For the Hankook, I checked with the ASS and they quoted 36k for each and it couldn't find the exact model in open market.

I am happy with the Hankooks and given the availability, I feel it would still be my first preference.
Old 30th October 2022, 21:49   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Can you share the contacts where Michelin and Hankook are available?
I was out on some other work and had to pass by the well known tyre shop in Hyderabad- Ashoka wheels. Stopped by to enquire and they have stock of all the 3 mentioned. I don't have the contact number. Tried to google. Its showing different numbers, may be different branches. You can try it out.
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 12:06   #972
BHPian

Quote:

Regards/DJ
Hi, Did you manage to get this online? Can you share the details if you can? My car is 4.5 years old the blades were working fine, but one of the clips got damaged and I need to change it. I have recently moved to Gandhinagar, Gujarat from Mumbai and hence looking for an online option.
Ajith.
Old 21st November 2022, 12:28   #973
d.j
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjiGTI View Post
Hi, Did you manage to get this online? Can you share the details if you can? My car is 4.5 years old the blades were working fine, but one of the clips got damaged and I need to change it. I have recently moved to Gandhinagar, Gujarat from Mumbai and hence looking for an online option.
Ajith.
Hi, No, I had to finally look outside and found one at an accessories shop - they refer it as imported ones, seems the size or exact frame, not available on Bosch ( that’s what they resellers claimed - I went once in our area, sent driver A to another market and driver B to another accessory market in our office area), all 3 places they answered similar, finally got it for 1000 rupees, doubt these will last couple of season as the originals lasted. Also, I feel these sit little protruded as I can see the clip of the wiper from the driver seat - which I doubt was visible with the original one, not sure yet! Wiping ability more or less is ok - but since monsoons are past for this year, so won't be able to comment about performance in real conditions.

boodmo, as far as I can recall they had one listed as original but again the price was 4-5k which I actually wasn't sure worth to spent.

Regards/DJ
Old 21st November 2022, 13:14   #974
BHPian

Thanks DJ, for the prompt reply. It seems this is available at VW workshop here in Ahmedabad. They are quoting around 3k for a pair. I will go and see them on this Saturday.

Apparently, Bosch makes them for tiguan as per one of the UK sites I have checked. The prices are around 2.6k in UK. In Malaysia they are selling Bosch ones for around 1.6k.

Ajith.
Old 25th November 2022, 12:31   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, No, I had to finally look outside and found one at an accessories shop - they refer it as imported ones, seems the size or exact frame, not available on Bosch ( that’s what they resellers claimed - I went once in our area, sent driver A to another market and driver B to another accessory market in our office area), all 3 places they answered similar, finally got it for 1000 rupees, doubt these will last couple of season as the originals lasted. Also, I feel these sit little protruded as I can see the clip of the wiper from the driver seat - which I doubt was visible with the original one, not sure yet! Wiping ability more or less is ok - but since monsoons are past for this year, so won't be able to comment about performance in real conditions.

boodmo, as far as I can recall they had one listed as original but again the price was 4-5k which I actually wasn't sure worth to spent.

Regards/DJ
I saw that the sizes were 26" for the driver side, and 21" for the passenger side. Is this correct?

If so both sizes should be available with Bosch Eco or ClearAdvantage. Wont be more than 1.2k for the set.

Most Viewed