Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2018, 11:27   #1591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKiloSierra9 View Post
So, I took my Nexon out for a drive yesterday and noticed a serious flaw in the AMT ECU.
What was the gear indicator showing during this incident? I've noticed that sometimes if the brake pedal is not depressed properly while changing from N to A, the shift doesn't happen.
Old 14th August 2018, 11:45   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Nexon ad in today's Times of India
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20180814114339.png  

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th August 2018 at 11:51.
Latheesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 12:33   #1593
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
What was the gear indicator showing during this incident? I've noticed that sometimes if the brake pedal is not depressed properly while changing from N to A, the shift doesn't happen.
The gear indicator showed 1 at all times. To make sure that car was properly slotted in first gear, I put it in manual and then again in 1st gear.
Old 14th August 2018, 19:35   #1594
BHPian

I am on the verge of booking an XZA+ P sometime this week. Talked to 2 dealers, Adishakthi (aka Aadya) near Nagawara and Prerana Rajajinagar, and both are quoting a final OTR of around Rs.11,20,000 after discounting insurance (Rs.33,000 discounted of a total of Rs.38,000) and smaller ones like accessories and corporate discount. This includes AMC and 2+2 year warranty.
I have started a mail thread with Tata customer care, CEO, dealer about waiving the infamous 'Logistic charges' but dealer has not budged as yet.
Has anyone got a better deal in other showrooms?

Last edited by nma83 : 14th August 2018 at 19:36. Reason: Added
Old 14th August 2018, 20:40   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKiloSierra9 View Post
So, I took my Nexon out for a drive yesterday and noticed a serious flaw in the AMT ECU. The car had a massive wheel-spin. After that the wheels refused to rotate even after hard accelerator pedal input. I tried putting it in neutral and back in first gear but still nothing. The car just revved till 6K RPM but the gearbox didn't give any torque at all to the wheels.
Might be a scenario to avoid clutch burning, as the car detected wheel-spin.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 20:52   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Might be a scenario to avoid clutch burning, as the car detected wheel-spin.
Yes, this is what I was thinking. But still, had it been an uphill path, I would've been in much more pickle.
In future, how should I tackle such situations?
Any help is appreciated.
Old 14th August 2018, 23:26   #1597
BHPian

Demands by Dealers for Logistics Charges are unlawful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I am on the verge of booking an XZA+ P sometime this week. Talked to 2 dealers, Adishakthi (aka Aadya) near Nagawara and Prerana Rajajinagar, and both are quoting a final OTR of around Rs.11,20,000 after discounting insurance (Rs.33,000 discounted of a total of Rs.38,000) and smaller ones like accessories and corporate discount. This includes AMC and 2+2 year warranty.
I have started a mail thread with Tata customer care, CEO, dealer about waiving the infamous 'Logistic charges' but dealer has not budged as yet.
Has anyone got a better deal in other showrooms?
Please don't give in to the dealer's utterly unreasonable and unlawful demand of so called logistics charges. People have written to the Tata leadership and have had these charges dropped & so can you. Here's an earlier post on the subject.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4381103

Hope this helps.

Cheers !

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st August 2018 at 16:06. Reason: added proper formatting. Thanks
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 20:07   #1598
BHPian

We got a chance to visit Baba Budangiri hills of Chikmagalur, Karnataka 2 weeks ago with our Nexon. The road leading to the hill was very narrow and the weather was so wonderful and at the same time so foggy that in some stretches there was absolutely no visibility. With the easy drivability and hyper road grip, it was an absolute joy and the drive was the cakewalk with the Nexon.
Witness it yourself.. :-)
ThilakNex is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 21:38   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post
We got a chance to visit Baba Budangiri hills of Chikmagalur, Karnataka 2 weeks ago with our Nexon. The road leading to the hill was very narrow and the weather was so wonderful and at the same time so foggy that in some stretches there was absolutely no visibility. With the easy drivability and hyper road grip, it was an absolute joy and the drive was the cakewalk with the Nexon.
Witness it yourself.
Amazing videography and editing. Weather and the drive way demands such a vehicle to enjoy the ride [both as driver and passenger].
I went to Chikmagalur, then to Mullayanagiri in my TATA Safari a couple of years ago. Wow! What a ride! Just amazing then.
Road to Mullayanagiri was just less than single drive way, that too in the rise and I was driving uphill before the sunrise. So, I just had my way lightened up using the headlight. While climbing down, I realised how dangerous the fall is! There is absolutely no protection on most of the roads. Its just a free fall!

Good job and thanks for sharing your experience through an excellent video compilation.

Prem.

Last edited by ampere : 17th August 2018 at 08:21. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 07:11   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Amazing videography and editing. Weather and the drive way demands such a vehicle to enjoy the ride [both as driver and passenger].
I went to Chikmagalur, then to Mullayanagiri in my TATA Safari a couple of years ago. Wow! What a ride! Just amazing then.

Prem.

Hi Prem,

Thanks for the positive and motivating feedback on the video. It's really great to hear the memorable experience you had during the Mullayyanagiri drive in the past with the Safari. True you really need some skills to tame the route to the hill. Especially the last 1 to 2 km stretch to reach parking. This time we avoided Mullayyanagiri keeping in mind that it was weekend and the mad rush of the crowd and mindless parking all along the way to the hill may spoil the joy.

On the other hand, anyone who is planning the trip to Chikmagalur, please postpone the plan for a month or so until the chaos caused by the rain gets stabilized there. Read the below post by the fellow BHPian dailydriver on the recent condition of the Chikmagalur for the better insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Things have gone downhill (pun intended) since then. There have been multiple cases of landslides, tree falls and broken electricity poles. Daily commute for the locals themselves has turned out to be a nightmare, not to speak of the frustrated tourists stuck (for instance) next to a large mound of earth on road and waiting hopelessly for help.

Many visitors might have completed a trip without as much as a hitch, but that doesn't mean the roads are safe. Each day is different and unpredictable. With eyes and ears glued to the happenings around me, specially on the touristy routes, I would entreat all travellers to postpone their visits until the rains recede.
ThilakNex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 17:15   #1601
Senior - BHPian

50,000th Nexon rolls out of Tata's Ranjangaon plant

The Tata Motors plant in Ranjangaon celebrated a production milestone yesterday as the 50,000th Nexon rolled off the production line.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-image-1-3.jpg

On average, Tata Motors has been selling around 4,200 units of the Nexon per month. In July 2018, the carmaker sold 3,840 units compared to 4,717 units in April 2018.

The Tata Nexon was launched in September 2017. It was initially offered with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine with 108 BHP and 170 Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit with 108 BHP and 260 Nm. Both engines came with a 6-speed manual transmission. In May 2018, Tata introduced a 6-speed AMT on both petrol and diesel variants of the Nexon.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 17th August 2018 at 17:18.
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 15:19   #1602
BHPian

Re: Demands by Dealers for Logistics Charges are unlawful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Please don't give in to the dealer's utterly unreasonable and unlawful demand of so called logistics charges.
People have written to the Tata leadership and have had these charges dropped & so can you. Here's an earlier post on the subject.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4381103
I got the 'logistic charges' waived from Prerana motors Rajajinagar and paid the booking amount today. Final OTR is Rs.11.17 lakhs for the petrol XZA+ including 4 year warranty, the AMC and a few small accessories like a good floor mat etc. I have been told that there is no stock of XZAs in general and the delivery date will be known early next week. There is also the threat of a 2.2% increase in ex-showroom price from Tata (https://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-moto...r-cent-1885548), which may or may not be applied when the invoice is done. I am trying to gather more information about that and anyone here knows more, please help me out .
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 15:53   #1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
During daytime the camera performs decent but at nights its horrible. But I can live with that so have not considered any upgrades.
Also at night the light output from halogens in projectors is very poor, planning for HID bulbs. Has anyone managed to do so? do you have to cut dust caps to fit the bulbs?My dealer says it will not void warranty but just give an error in cluster. Is nexon canbus equipped? I could not find bulb out error light in instrument cluster but we can always install error cancelers if it gives an error. My main concern is warranty and cutting of dust cap.
You can pick up dust covers on AliExpress, I have added them on my Nexon with the upgraded LED lights.
rash3099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 16:24   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rash3099 View Post
You can pick up dust covers on AliExpress, I have added them on my Nexon with the upgraded LED lights.
Whats the size that we need to order, i believe low and high beam will have different size dust covers.
Old 22nd August 2018, 01:26   #1605
BHPian

Re: 50,000th Nexon rolls out of Tata's Ranjangaon plant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Tata Motors plant in Ranjangaon celebrated a production milestone yesterday as the 50,000th Nexon rolled off the production line.

Attachment 1790705

On average, Tata Motors has been selling around 4,200 units of the Nexon per month. In July 2018, the carmaker sold 3,840 units compared to 4,717 units in April 2018.

The Tata Nexon was launched in September 2017. It was initially offered with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine with 108 BHP and 170 Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit with 108 BHP and 260 Nm. Both engines came with a 6-speed manual transmission. In May 2018, Tata introduced a 6-speed AMT on both petrol and diesel variants of the Nexon.

Link to Team-BHP News
There is production constraints for Nexon at Ranjangao near Pune plant, they are not able to produce more than 5k per month.

Most Viewed