Old 2nd September 2018, 22:57   #1666
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Rose Gold Nexon anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Is TML trying out 'crazy colours' with the Neon Nexon. As RavenAvi said, this would be too loud. For sure the regular buyers will pitch for the safer shades.

For me, the weakest point about Nexon has been the color schemes. The Blue is one that looked ok. But I am not able to pick up even one color combination to like. And now this !
Old 3rd September 2018, 08:21   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
To get bright concentrated light beam the bulb filament should exactly be on the focal point of reflector.
Thanks a lot Koushik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
You need to adjust the highbeam using the adjusters given beside it for proper focusing of the beams.

The above picture shows the adjustments for the highbeam.

The above picture shows the adjustments for the lowbeam. The white ones are for projector (lowbeam) adjustment.
Thanks a lot jithudigitised. Your response is much appreciated. I shall check out the focus once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Your bulbs are H7. Philips H7 has an adjustment option depending on the reflector design. When installing did the guy ensure the angle is identical to the stock bulbs. Basically for H7 the projectors or reflectors are designed with the normal halogen bulb being placed at an angle and not perfectly straight. In halogen it does not matter since the filament is 360 degrees.
Thanks a lot Vid6639. I shall check this out and get it adjusted once again. I believe this will work to a large extent.
Old 3rd September 2018, 09:23   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Actually, I have found Nexon low beam/high beam adequate for my use. The front fogs were disappointing, so the LED upgrade is 4 times better I must say. These are Philips sourced from US, the X-treme model! It's not available in India as yet!
The Fogs have H16 19W bulbs which is as good as useless. Try the Osram LED foglights with DRLs (its quite pricey). But the quality is just awesome along with the brightness. Since its 90 mm module it will be a straight fit.

PS: The fog ligts on the Tigor is dumped and replaced with Hella Knight Rider universal fog lamps. Customized the mount a bit to enable proper mounting of the fog lights.
nkrishnap is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:13   #1669
Senior - BHPian

My budget is for XM petrol but need to know if the rear parcel tray and day/night IRVM can be fitted in XM variant. I did not find this info in TATA's available accessories pdf published by one of BHPians earlier. I think these two accessories definitely have value and are lacking on XM. If any BHPian has done any custom fitment please let me know.
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:19   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
What you’ll like:

• Dual airbags, ABS & Isofix child seat mounts are standard on all variants
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
As of now only the XZ+ variant has ISOFIX Child Seat mounts, and they are not standard on other trims. Only with the launch of XZ in the next 7-10 days will it become clear if it (XZ) at least gets them.

I have personally checked on XM trims in the showroom, and they do not have these mounts, owners may correct me if I am wrong. I also wanted my next car to have them, and Nexon was high up on my list. But XZ+ is way beyond my planned budget and so stopped thinking.

Even the brochure does not have a row among features showing ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts as a feature. It is just there in the main brochure and can only be seen in the top most variant as of now. Awaiting the launch of XZ to see if it makes it into production in that variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Right now (30th Jan 2018, 11AM) I am sitting at the Tata Motors Service Centre in Dehradun to get my 4 year old Nano serviced. I got to see the Nexon XM and XZ+ in flesh, and can confirm that XM does not have ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts or Tethers. The ISOFIX Chile Seat ARROW Stickers are missing in the XM as well as the Tether Sticker at the back as in Nexon XZ+.
So, finally with the new updated brochure, I stand corrected. Only XZ+and XZA+ have ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts and not as standard on all variants as mentioned in the opening post of this Review.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-capture.jpg

Request the mods to kindly make the necessary changes now.
AdityaDeane is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 10:46   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
My budget is for XM petrol but need to know if the rear parcel tray and day/night IRVM can be fitted in XM variant. I did not find this info in TATA's available accessories pdf published by one of BHPians earlier. I think these two accessories definitely have value and are lacking on XM. If any BHPian has done any custom fitment please let me know.
I have got these two accessories.
Manually adjustable Day/Night IRVM - from Boodmo.com
and
Parcel tray from service center
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 11:30   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
My pre-sale experience is very similar as well. However, the product is very compelling for my use case, and I'm confident that I have the ability and inclination to handle any usual post-sale issues, so I'm going ahead, than looking at any competitor.
I'll be replacing my almost 5 year old EcoSport with the Nexon, for purely practical reasons, although my current steed is a brilliant no nonsense car. Let's see what I am able to say about the Nexon 5 years from now.
So glad to read I'm not the only one thinking along these lines. My ecosport is also around 5 years old and due for an upgrade. Everyone keeps telling me to stay away from Nexon because one, it's a TATA and secondly it isn't really an upgrade at least in terms of size/class from the Ecosport. But, I think it'll be the perfect upgrade for someone like me who is a city dweller with occasional highway driving needs and likes a slightly raised height to skirt away to annoying speed breakers in housing societies. That literally is my complete use case.
I'm actually looking at the AMT model.
sharninder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 11:56   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I'll be replacing my almost 5 year old EcoSport with the Nexon, for purely practical reasons, although my current steed is a brilliant no nonsense car. Let's see what I am able to say about the Nexon 5 years from now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
So glad to read I'm not the only one thinking along these lines. My ecosport is also around 5 years old and due for an upgrade. Everyone keeps telling me to stay away from Nexon because one, it's a TATA and secondly it isn't really an upgrade at least in terms of size/class from the Ecosport. But, I think it'll be the perfect upgrade for someone like me who is a city dweller with occasional highway driving needs and likes a slightly raised height to skirt away to annoying speed breakers in housing societies. That literally is my complete use case.
I'm actually looking at the AMT model.
Same here! I grudgingly parted with my 6 year old Rapid ('brilliant no nonsense car' again) and had my apprehensions about Tata quality when I booked Nexon (P AMT) couple of weeks back and had to take 3 TDs to convince myself. But having spent a few days with the car now, I think it is a great city car for that price. Yet to check the highway performance though.
One thing I miss is the solid build quality of the Rapid, inside and outside. There are a few minor but audible rattles and squeaks in a brand new Nexon.
nma83 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 14:41   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
My ecosport is also around 5 years old and due for an upgrade. Everyone keeps telling me to stay away from Nexon because one, it's a TATA and secondly it isn't really an upgrade at least in terms of size/class from the Ecosport.
Iin 2013 when WE bought the Ford, half the world around us was telling us not to touch a "Fix Or Repair Daily" FORD. See how happy we have both been! Now looking at the Nexon, I'm convinced it is an equally worthy contender for my money and needs, and I'm sure 5 years down the line the rest of the world might see it that way too.
In fact apart from your typical Use Case, my use case involves a weekly outing to jungle trails for my birding excursions where the EcoSport did just fine, and so will the Nexon AMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Same here! I grudgingly parted with my 6 year old Rapid ('brilliant no nonsense car' again) and had my apprehensions about Tata quality when I booked Nexon (P AMT) couple of weeks back and had to take 3 TDs to convince myself. But having spent a few days with the car now, I think it is a great city car for that price. Yet to check the highway performance though.
Absolutely! Though I don't believe that the Nexon is really a step down from Rapid in terms of Build Quality, just maybe in Refinement and Fit & Finish.

In my world view, it isn't always an imperative to choose an upgrade over an existing car, but to CHOOSE A RIGHT FIT for the given point in One's life.

Last edited by roy_libran : 4th September 2018 at 14:43.
roy_libran is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 15:59   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
I have got these two accessories.
Manually adjustable Day/Night IRVM - from Boodmo.com
and
Parcel tray from service center
Tried to search for the day/night IRVM on boodmo.com, could you please let me know the part number?
Old 4th September 2018, 16:07   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Tried to search for the day/night IRVM on boodmo.com, could you please let me know the part number?
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-assy...glare-6609410/
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 19:02   #1677
BHPian

Question to the Nexon P owners.
On hard acceleration, revving the motor to the redline, I have noticed that after a particular rpm there is crazy vibration. I could feel the car shaking. Has anyone felt that ?
Also, there's a delay when I press the A pedal fully for that quick acceleration and the engine's response to it. Any ideas ?

P.S - RPM is above 2000 so no point of lugging or lagging.

Last edited by gk.93 : 4th September 2018 at 19:08.
Old 5th September 2018, 22:53   #1678
BHPian

I took delivery of Nexon Xza+ Amt diesel yesterday. I have got some doubts from day one of owning the car.
Firstly, I got only on car key and wearable key with the car. The showroom says that tata doesn't give spare key and instead wearable key is the spare key.
Secondly the Co-drivers lock doesn't unlock when the ignition is on. I need to shut down the car lock is by the car remote and then unlock with the remote to open the door. At first I thought it's a safety feature but the rear doors open. Only the co-drivers door doesn't unlock itself.
Has anybody faced this problem ? What should I do since the car was just delivered yesterday. I will be sending the car to service tomorrow but problems on day 1 is not what I was expecting.
Thirdly , how to connect the apple car play ? I tried connecting with android and android auto was easy to setup but I was unable to connect to apple car play. Anyone who has done it some help would be great. During delivery of the car the sales advisor had no idea that apple car play has been added on to the vehicle.
Old 6th September 2018, 08:27   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
The showroom says that tata doesn't give spare key and instead wearable key is the spare key.
I cannot believe you will not get a spare key. What if you lose the one you have? Just check for the money you need to pay for a spare one. Hyundai, Maruti will give you as many as you want if you make the payment
Old 6th September 2018, 09:31   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
I took delivery of Nexon Xza+ Amt diesel yesterday. I have got some doubts from day one of owning the car.
Firstly, I got only on car key and wearable key with the car.
Secondly the Co-drivers lock doesn't unlock when the ignition is on.
how to connect the apple car play ?
I took delivery the same XZA+ Diesel last week. I got one key and other one was wearable key.
For me also the co-driver door doesn't unlock when ignition is on. There is switch on the centre console to unlock all the doors.
For the apple car play check the software has been upgraded to Ver 12.5. Mine is also not updated.
arungeorge is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed