Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2018, 17:06   #1696
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon crosses 50,000 sales in India

Quote:
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza may continue to maintain its stranglehold on India's utility vehicle segment; but the Tata Nexon has made the news, this month with its first entry into the Top 5 UVs sold in India.

There was always an indication that the Nexon would be a game-changer in the Indian market. On November 30, 2017 – less than two-and-half-months since its September 21, 2017 launch – the 10,000th production-ready Nexon had rolled out. On February 27, 2018, the 25,000th Nexon exited the Pune factory. On August 16, 2018, the company announced its 50,000-unit production milestone.

Interestingly, our sister publication, Autocar Professional, has estimated that sales of the Nexon in the domestic market would have crossed the 50,000 mark by now.

In the 12-month September 2017 to August 2018 period, the Nexon has sold a total of 49,059 units – working out to a monthly average of 4,088 units or a daily sales of 136 units. Doing the math for the first 17 days of September 2018, the Nexon would have gone home to another 2,316 buyers – enough units sold to push the Nexon across the 50,000-unit sales milestone.

While the striking crossover differentiates itself with its contemporary design, the model stands apart in crowd with its swooping roofline, its concept-like textured elements on the outside and its aggressive stance. The Tata Nexon comes with a 110hp, 1.5-litre turbo-diesel motor and a 110hp, 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine, both mated to either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed AMT gearbox.
Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-409728
AkMar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 20:45   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
CarToq.com reports the first sighting of Tata Nexon with yellow boards near Kochi airport
Confirmed it from my sources in TML HQ and it is certainly one-off incident wherein the dealer was caught unawares and customer got it registered as yellow board all by himself two weeks after taking delivery. Tata will plug loopholes at dealer end to ensure Nexon stays exclusively for the personal use car segment .
ar134 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 22:07   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

I don't know how can a company restrict the users from registering it as a taxi - especially in a state where (most of) the users do the registration themselves.

Plus, Kerala is one state where you are most likely to see any & every car as a taxi, within 2-3 months of launch. They don't even care for the color, so restricting white on the base trims neither helps. I had seen a Vista in some grey or so, 1 month after it's launch. Even last time, I think I came across some off beat car been run as a taxi - it's so common that I don't even bother when I see one.

PS: There is nothing called a taxi brand in Kerala - you'll see people happily buying the Dzire / Xylo / Innova / Xcent & Indica - Vista for personal use without frowning whether it's a taxi or not. And the neighbors don't either poke their nose. It's only the metros as I understand have this problem of a "taxi" perception - and probably for the right reasons too.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th September 2018 at 22:10.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 22:39   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Came across some videos where nexon engine gives heavy jerks and power loss all of a sudden. No solution is found yet. Has anybody faced similar symptoms? No matter how good Tata has come with nexon but that "Tata" factor remains in subconscious mind, whether you like it or not. I am zeroing on petrol xm variant.
Old 20th September 2018, 09:48   #1700
Senior - BHPian

So I updated my iPhone iOS to 12, and immediately after - the Google Maps received an update on the phone. Plugged in, lo and behold, got GMaps on Apple Car Play . Voice command works well. Nice surprise there, this SUNRISE!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7221.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 16:52   #1701
BHPian

Happened to see a Tata Nexon XZA in Jaya Nagar, Bangalore today. While Nexon usually looks good, this one was in a bright orange, which I have not seen earlier, with contrast grey roof and grey ceramic shoulder lines. Looked absolutely stunning. It was standing in a signal and I kept admiring it till it was back into motion. Terrific job TATA!
Old 26th September 2018, 17:15   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Question on the after fitted rear view camera: TATA accessories provide this one as well as one BHPian had recommended one from boodmo. How is the quality of these? Is it better than what we see in XZ? I am trying to list down all the accessory needed in XM since that is my budget. Also what other accessories are MUST for non XZ model?
Old 26th September 2018, 19:55   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Has any Nexon owner upgraded to size 215/65/16, instead of the stock 215/60/16?

Any tyre rubbing on full steering angles with or without articulation?

I'm looking for an AT pattern, and this size is available with Yoko Geolander ATs. This car has a lot of potential (on trails) which can only be fully realized with more aggressive treads.

Really tempted...

Last edited by roy_libran : 26th September 2018 at 19:57.
Old 26th September 2018, 20:46   #1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Came across some videos where nexon engine gives heavy jerks and power loss all of a sudden. No solution is found yet. Has anybody faced similar symptoms? No matter how good Tata has come with nexon but that "Tata" factor remains in subconscious mind, whether you like it or not. I am zeroing on petrol xm variant.
Yes, I have observed the power loss issue. This is after my ECU update in the 3rd free scheduled service. Sports mode has become sluggish and it's not pulling off the way it used to be before update. Eco has become so sluggish and drowsy that I never change the mode to Eco or City. Ihave raised complaint in TMSC app and they were prompt to call me back to discuss this issue. However I am yet to take the car to service center. I am not sure if this power loss issue is the same issue you are referring here. But certainly there is a power loss issue which has come up now.
Ashscorpion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 21:44   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashscorpion View Post
Yes, I have observed the power loss issue. This is after my ECU update in the 3rd free scheduled service. Sports mode has become sluggish and it's not pulling off the way it used to be before update. Eco has become so sluggish and drowsy that I never change the mode to Eco or City. Ihave raised complaint in TMSC app and they were prompt to call me back to discuss this issue. However I am yet to take the car to service center. I am not sure if this power loss issue is the same issue you are referring here. But certainly there is a power loss issue which has come up now.
Is the ECU rollback possible? Also is it a mandatory part of 3rd service? If there are such cases, has Tata notified to customers? Question is how much they test before deploying new ECU firmware. These are a few things from Tata that make me think again and again if I should buy their car or not. Thanks for sharing.
Old 26th September 2018, 22:07   #1706

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Is the ECU rollback possible? Also is it a mandatory part of 3rd service? If there are such cases, has Tata notified to customers? Question is how much they test before deploying new ECU firmware. These are a few things from Tata that make me think again and again if I should buy their car or not. Thanks for sharing.
1) I am not sure if ECU roll back is possible. But I feel it can still be rectified in the next ECU update which Tata should release ASAP.

2) It is not mandatory. Hardly I knew the side effects of this update.

3) No notification from Tata in this context.

I just wish I get back to old performance.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th September 2018 at 22:08. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Ashscorpion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 00:37   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashscorpion View Post
Yes, I have observed the power loss issue. This is after my ECU update in the 3rd free scheduled service. Sports mode has become sluggish and it's not pulling off the way it used to be before update. Eco has become so sluggish and drowsy that I never change the mode to Eco or City.
Is it about the Petrol engine you are talking about ?
Old 27th September 2018, 11:31   #1708

Came across this in the Nexon Owner's Whatsapp Group.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_update.jpg

It seems in order to rationalize the margins and costs TATA has gone ahead and started removing subtle features from Nexon. Even with the constant love that Nexon has been garnering, it seems TATA is still not confident, and prefers sticking to the price of the car by removing things, rather than increasing it slightly and maintain the premium touch. Sad state of affairs.
parag.agrawal is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 12:05   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parag.agrawal View Post
It seems in order to rationalize the margins and costs TATA has gone ahead and started removing subtle features from Nexon. Even with the constant love that Nexon has been garnering, it seems TATA is still not confident, and prefers sticking to the price of the car by removing things, rather than increasing it slightly and maintain the premium touch. Sad state of affairs.
Really a bad part from Tata. But will they look after improving reliability on whatever they are offering? Nexa is a real break through but reliability is still a question in my opinion.
Old 27th September 2018, 12:09   #1710
BHPian

The dreaded Tata lethargy in service has struck me now. After two calls asking for HU software update, I was promised by the agent that they would get back but nothing has happened. I am writing this after two months of calling two separate service centres/agencies in Delhi.

Most Viewed