Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2018, 00:00   #1771
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
After the current ICE update i feel the sound has become much sharper and better than before not that it wasn't great but i feel the performance has improved a few notches.Plus i feel the video resolution has improved massively for the rare parking camera and now its giving better and clearer video output.Is it me only who thinks so or has the camera improved actually i would like to know from my fellow Nexon owners.
Good to know that you had a wonderful experience with the new TASS.

Contacts and call logs can take some time to show if it's a new phone. Maybe the update was finished when you hit that pothole.

Regarding the latest ICE update, yes, the clarity of the video have improvements. I think they improved the contrast of the screen.

Also while reversing, the quality is better than before (both day and night) and it now shows full-screen when compared to previous version.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 11:06   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post

Also while reversing, the quality is better than before (both day and night) and it now shows full-screen when compared to previous version.
This is great news! I've been contemplating changing the reverse camera. But if this update works, then nothing like it.
Old 15th November 2018, 11:37   #1773
BANNED

Quote:
Had that sheepish smile on my face after it as it was something really non technical thing to happen which caused my ICE screen to work correctly after the impact.
This is pure co-incidence. The first update definitely will have more data to be transferred which is expected to take more time. But in your case the transfer ended at the very same time you hit the pothole. I would definitely believe you, if you tell me 'my old Nokia phone started working after I dropped it on floor' .

Last edited by pavi : 15th November 2018 at 11:39.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 22:59   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
However i received another call from another showroom which had started its operations just a couple of months ago reminding me about the due service........... I have a very busy schedule and am available on weekends only but this dealer offered to pick my car from my work place or home,get it serviced and hand over the keys back to me once done so that was really a nice gesture from them.Kudos to TATA for such a great initiative.
Can you please advise what the new dealers name and location is? I believe you avoided going to Fairdeal. I know there is a new dealer near Jamkash on the bypass (Oberoi?), and recently while configuring a build for nexon online there seems to be a third dealer as well in SXR. Where did you initially purchase your nexon and how was the experience? Do these new outlets also work on commercial tata vehicles? which i feel also affects the service quality as fairdeal seems to be more catered towards that.

Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 15:42   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgam.boonyi View Post
Can you please advise what the new dealers name and location is? I believe you avoided going to Fairdeal. I know there is a new dealer near Jamkash on the bypass (Oberoi?), and recently while configuring a build for nexon online there seems to be a third dealer as well in SXR. Where did you initially purchase your nexon and how was the experience? Do these new outlets also work on commercial tata vehicles? which i feel also affects the service quality as fairdeal seems to be more catered towards that.

Thanks
The dealers name is AM TATA near Jamkash on bypass road.Its the same dealer location where Chevrolet used to be. I had brought my car from Fairdeal motors and the experience was really great. They were truly professional and welcoming,its just that AM TATA was bit more convenient for me to reach due to my work schedule and route. Since its not that old as yet you will find lesser number of vehicles being serviced there but overall i felt they were good. Not that Fairdeal isn't good but the rush is more at Fairdeal compared to this dealer. You can surely try this one if you want but i feel when it comes to selling the vehicles Fairdeal are far better in approach.
Syed Monis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 19:33   #1776
BHPian

Have been contemplating on the Nexon for quite some time now. Have taken a long test drive and have satisfied with the car. Just now came to know that VW has dropped Vento's price and now Diesel Comfortline Manual costs a little lesser than Nexon XZ+ diesel. I know both are from different segments, but now both look VFM. The Vento CL is decently kitted with CruiseControl, one touch Windows etc, but found it to be short on space compared to Nexon and seating is quite low. And Nexon deals with bad roads much better but Vento did not scrape when driven on bad roads. Now on a dilemma 😐
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 21:19   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
The Vento CL is decently kitted with CruiseControl, one touch Windows etc, but found it to be short on space compared to Nexon and seating is quite low. And Nexon deals with bad roads much better but Vento did not scrape when driven on bad roads. Now on a dilemma 😐
As you rightly said they are from different segments so its for you to decide which car you want. You want a sedan or a CSUV that's the question you need to ask yourself first. I suggest you go for Nexon for its sheer ride quality and upright tall stance. The ground clearance is the best in its class and space inside the cabin is ample. Plus VW is on a downward trend in India with hardly any cars doing any great business for them here. TATA on the other hand is doing great since the launch of Tiago and are moving up the charts thanks to some great products in their ranks recently so i suggest you go for Nexon which is bringing in great numbers for the brand.

I don't think the way WV is performing they will survive for long in India without any appealing products for people and could go the Chevrolet way if they don't take any major steps to stem the rot. Overall the service cost is also high on WV cars and have very limited dealerships to add to customer woes. I guess these are enough reasons for you to go for Nexon and not Vento.
Syed Monis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 22:50   #1778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
And Nexon deals with bad roads much better but Vento did not scrape when driven on bad roads.
This is just a common point between the two models, and should not come up in your decision making. I suggest to look at the other points - like space, or which one handles better on bad roads, etc. Which one feels better to sit in ( can depend on body height ).
Old 17th November 2018, 09:19   #1779
BHPian

Do current owners still have the problem of outside smell and fumes entering the cabin even with AC in recirculation mode and all windows closed ? Or has TaMo fixed this issue in the newer batch of cars ?
Old 17th November 2018, 09:23   #1780
Senior - BHPian

I'm not getting outside smells in the cabin of my Nexon. And it's from the first batch. Did you gather this info from this forum or from outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Do current owners still have the problem of outside smell and fumes entering the cabin even with AC in recirculation mode and all windows closed ? Or has TaMo fixed this issue in the newer batch of cars ?
Old 17th November 2018, 09:33   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm not getting outside smells in the cabin of my Nexon. And it's from the first batch. Did you gather this info from this forum or from outside?

Yes this forum itself. There are also reports of the heating element working even when the AC/heater is off.
Old 17th November 2018, 12:27   #1782
Senior - BHPian

There was one report of the AC unit throwing hot air, but then was resolved. Overall the AC unit is quite robust and I use it 100% of the time. Havent faced flaws as such!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Yes this forum itself. There are also reports of the heating element working even when the AC/heater is off.
Old 17th November 2018, 19:58   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
There was one report of the AC unit throwing hot air, but then was resolved. Overall the AC unit is quite robust and I use it 100% of the time. Havent faced flaws as such!
I think you are referring to my instance with the AC unit having flaws and unfortunately its still not fixed. Showed it at the service centre recently and they couldn't find the cause of the issue and the steps which are to be taken to rectify it. Its only the recirculation mode switched on which stops this issue from resurfacing.
Syed Monis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 11:49   #1784
BHPian

Tata Nexon owner shows how to start car when battery of your key fob dies – Video
https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ne...-12287429.html

Last edited by Aditya : 18th November 2018 at 20:09. Reason: Fixing URL
basubhatta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 09:40   #1785
BHPian

Faced the first glitch in the electronics of my Nexon yesterday. The locking system 'hung' and was not responding after the following sequence:
  1. The boot was open when I tried to lock with the remote, car honked and did not lock
  2. I closed the boot and locked the car
After that it became unresponsive to any input from the remote. None of the buttons worked and I was not able to unlock the car. It was definitely not a case of a drained remote battery since it is just 3 months old. I pulled out the mechanical key and unlocked the door. Then tried to turn the ignition on, and the alarm sounded.
I had to press the unlock key on the remote, which thankfully started working and the alarm stopped. Everything was normal from then on.
I have read other instances of the key itself 'hanging', in this thread. So there are still some niggles in the electronics to be sorted out by Tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks