Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 12:10   #1786

is there any thread for the Nexon on which is better for usage?

a Petrol or Diesel?

mileage is not the only issue but also the drivability and long term maintenance between both versions.

i had recently hired a Drivezy vehicle for 5 days travel from Maharashtra to Karnataka and back.

it was a nightmare. wonder if i should start a thread on this experience of Drivezy or state my experience here itself?

Last edited by navin : 19th November 2018 at 12:16.
saintofinternet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 12:32   #1787
BHPian

TANKO meet, 25th November, Cochin, Kerala

TANKO (TatA Nexon Kerala Owners) is conducting the next meet and the following are the details of the meet.

Nexon Kerala Owner Grand Meeting is scheduled on Sunday, 25th November at Rivera Suits, Cochin, Kerala. This meeting is open for all Tata Nexon owners from Kerala.

Please register your delegation in the below given link.

REGISTER: https://goo.gl/sZje7E

Note: It's a Pre-registered event only. Hotel management will be calling the owner directly for payment. No spot registration.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tanko_1.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tanko_2.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tanko_3.jpeg
jithudigitised is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 12:48   #1788
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintofinternet View Post
is there any thread for the Nexon on which is better for usage?

a Petrol or Diesel?

mileage is not the only issue but also the drivability and long term maintenance between both versions.

i had recently hired a Drivezy vehicle for 5 days travel from Maharashtra to Karnataka and back.

it was a nightmare. wonder if i should start a thread on this experience of Drivezy or state my experience here itself?
For obvious reasons we can't judge a car which is used by different people in different way. All their driving styles will be different.

Not only for Nexon, for all cars.

I am using a Diesel one and have crossed 17k. Its doing great.

In our TANKO group, there's a guy with diesel Nexon which has crossed 50k or so. He is also happy with the Nexon.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 13:54   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this was an issue with the specific Nexon XZA+ P model car I test drove yesterday. I went to KHT motors with a few friends of mine since one of them wants to go for a petrol Nexon. Being Sunday very few staff members were around and were not willing to offer petrol manual for a TD (told it is back down somewhere and no drivers are available to take it out ). So we went ahead with the petrol AMT which was only available.

1. I have driven petrol MT earlier and found to be fine but with the AMT I could hear a thud sound in the steering wheel with fast turns (U-turns or any quick left or right turn). The SA mentioned, they will get it checked. It has nothing to do for AMT or MT for sure, TD vehicle was perhaps bad???

2. Upon passing a speed breaker when I tried to speed up, the car denied and took its own long time to respond. I agree in AMT there is a lag but this was too much. Tried a multiple times on different areas but results were same. Very much disappointed with that.

Actually that friend of mine looking for this car is very unhappy. He will give a try with MT later. But TATA dealers need to improve on these points since this is their face to public.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 06:34   #1790
Senior - BHPian

The Tata Motors team in Bangalore is really pro-active. We have formed a band of Nexon owners called Nexonites, and are in touch with them on a direct basis. Taking feedback from Nexon owners, they have announced a Nexon Drive to mark its anniversary as well as the sterling sales the Car is generating. Bangalore seems to the hottest market for them (right on my street there are 5-6 Nexons). This will be a day-long event at a resort for Nexon owners and probable Nexon owners/interested buyers with fun games, food, beverages, technical advisors etc for the whole family. If you own a Nexon or in the market for one this shall be the best place to be! Featured below is a teaser. Shall reveal all the details - as and when I do get access to it!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-4b3c6e432d8d4a02b52d8e8a4e9a7f39.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 11:28   #1791
Senior - BHPian

@Nexon Petrol AMT owners: There's this thread running talking about teething issues with the TIAGO AMT. Basically unpredictable power delivery leading to issues in B2B traffic/inclines.

Issues with TIAGO AMT

Do you guys face similar issues with the NEXON P AMT as well?

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th November 2018 at 11:30.
Old 20th November 2018, 11:50   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
@Nexon Petrol AMT owners: There's this thread running talking about teething issues with the TIAGO AMT. Basically unpredictable power delivery leading to issues in B2B traffic/inclines.

Issues with TIAGO AMT

Nope, i have never faced any such issues in the ~5 months of ownership. The throttle response is very stable. Infact, sport mode gives a crazy response to flooring the pedal.

I recognized Hill Climb as a sham right from my test drive, but didnt expect much from an AMT box. It is good for a little incline, definitely not a hill incline.

However, i have a relative who owns a Tiago MT and he had an issue where the engine would suddenly stop responding and the car would come to a halt. This is highly dangerous from a safety perceptive as well. This seems to be a Tiago Engine specific issue, and was resolved with an ECU update.
ananthacharya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 12:05   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Issues with TIAGO AMT

None whatsoever. Seems that's a model specific issue. The 1.2 Turbo is a strong engine and the car can be quite FTD.
Also, I usually climbs all mall ramps without any 'A' input.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 19:09   #1794
BHPian

Quote:

Issues with TIAGO AMT

I have climbed the somewhat steep Mullianagiri mountain in a Nexon P AMT without any fuss made by the car. And sport mode is really great in the open road.
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 17:36   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Video promoting the Tata Nexon Drive - celebrating the Anniversary, in Bangalore on 9th Dec
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2018, 00:30   #1796
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Read somewhere:

Nexon would have a new White colour available in the kraz variant.

Earlier it just had Black colour.

The lemony green inserts in exterior and interior, grey roof and custom seats would continue to be same in the white version as in the black version.

Can't relocate the original source link. It was reported on Rushlane.

Last edited by ACM : 1st December 2018 at 00:36.
Old 5th December 2018, 11:30   #1797
Senior - BHPian

Nexon is such a common sight on Bangalore roads now. There are 5 Nexons, 1 Creta and 1 Ecosport - just in my building, thanks to me referring the car to all and sundry. The local group is now 250 strong. To commemorate its 1 year of Launch and super success Tata Motors is holding a Nexon Drive on 9th Dec inviting all Nexonites and their families. Look forward to a day of great fun and games at a leading resort.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-5d8525b87a2949c5b28709108db1b44b.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 12:23   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
1. I have driven petrol MT earlier and found to be fine but with the AMT I could hear a thud sound in the steering wheel with fast turns (U-turns or any quick left or right turn). The SA mentioned, they will get it checked. It has nothing to do for AMT or MT for sure, TD vehicle was perhaps bad???

2. Upon passing a speed breaker when I tried to speed up, the car denied and took its own long time to respond. I agree in AMT there is a lag but this was too much. Tried a multiple times on different areas but results were same. Very much disappointed with that.
6 months coming up for my XZA+ and no such issues noticed. On point #2, if you need a sudden burst after a speed breaker, then there is a delay. The more you drive the AMT, the better you will understand it's character. There is lag, but it's definitely manageable for city traffic.
teknicsand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 17:28   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
6 months coming up for my XZA+ and no such issues noticed. On point #2, if you need a sudden burst after a speed breaker, then there is a delay. The more you drive the AMT, the better you will understand it's character. There is lag, but it's definitely manageable for city traffic.
I wonder if that thud sound I mentioned appeared when the steering tilt was neither to its uppermost nor lowermost position. I think it was somewhere in between the two. I could not get a chance to verify my theory. Do you too drive with the steering tilt somewhere between the two positions? Could you check if something like this appears in any of the three possibilities?
Old 5th December 2018, 17:36   #1800
Senior - BHPian

There was a suspension tie-rod tightening done recently on all Nexons. Used to get that thud you're talking about, prior to this. But very rarely. In some it was chronic. I'm not sure if something was replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I wonder if that thud sound I mentioned appeared when the steering tilt was neither to its uppermost nor lowermost position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks