Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2018, 05:44   #1846
BHPian

Looks like there is a change in the features list. Now ISOFIX is standard across varients. Due to GNCAP?. And the feature list is different between the website and the Nexon App.

ISOFIX standard across varients
No rear fog lamps on any variant
No rear 12v outlet on any variant

Nexon App:
ISOFIX standard only on XZ+ and XZA+
Rear fog lamps standard only on XZ+ and XZA+

Not sure which is current. I thought the fog lamp deletion and removal of 12v rear outlet was part of the same update.

Last edited by knaveen : 23rd December 2018 at 05:47.
knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 15:14   #1847
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Ladies and Gentleman, got the Nexon XZ+ Glasgow Grey. Everytime I look at the car I give a pat on my back for the choice I made. 2 of my close friends who are Maruti fanboy could not stop praising the beauty, drive and comfort of the car. One of these friends is an owner of a Maruti Showroom and he said it is much better then Brezza. And here comes the pictures I clicked this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20181224_100556.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20181224_100729.jpg  

racsaxen is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 15:20   #1848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Ladies and Gentleman, got the Nexon XZ+ Glasgow Grey. Everytime I look at the car I give a pat on my back for the choice I made. 2 of my close friends who are Maruti fanboy could not stop praising the beauty, drive and comfort of the car. One of these friends is an owner of a Maruti Showroom and he said it is much better then Brezza. And here comes the pictures I clicked this morning.
Congratulations on your purchase. First and foremost, please remove the ribbon on the bonnet if not done already, else will leave scratches on the paint. If possible please post unprocessed pics of your car.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 15:42   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. First and foremost, please remove the ribbon on the bonnet if not done already, else will leave scratches on the paint. If possible please post unprocessed pics of your car.
Thank you. Yes it would be removed today. Moreover, it unnecessarily draws attention towards the vehicle. As for the pics, I clicked only few this morning in hurry. Waiting for my elder brother, another BHPian @dhondusaxena, to come back from his trip. He just got a Hexa. So both the brothers would go for a novice photoshoot for both the brothers (Nexon & Hexa).
racsaxen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 18:43   #1850
BHPian

Hi All

So far have not found any issues in the vehicle and flaunting my purchase. (touchwood). My stereo somehow always starts in Radio AM mode. Does anyone have any idea if AM and MW bands can be disabled completely or how to have the stereo start in FM by default?

Regards
Rachit
Old 25th December 2018, 19:07   #1851
BHPian

Am quite confused in choosing between the 2 cars Ecosport & Nexon. Took TD of Nexon Diesel Top end variant and really liked it in most of the aspects though both the cars can accommodate only 2 people comfortably at the rear. Got a Quote of Rs11,05,000 after all the discounts at chennai showroom. Being a ardent Ford fan who is having fun with it for the past 10 years,still juggling my mind whether to pick Nexon over ES as the former looks more VFM to me but unsure of TATA's A.S.S and quality level.
Old 26th December 2018, 00:00   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Looks like there is a change in the features list. Now ISOFIX is standard across varients. Due to GNCAP?. And the feature list is different between the website and the Nexon App.

ISOFIX standard across varients
No rear fog lamps on any variant

Nexon App:
ISOFIX standard only on XZ+ and XZA+
Rear fog lamps standard only on XZ+ and XZA+

Not sure which is current. I thought the fog lamp deletion and removal of 12v rear outlet was part of the same update.
As per the attached latest brochure, isofix child seat mounts indeed are standard in the Nexon and there is no rear 12V accessory socket for the rear row in any variant.

Also there is no mention of Rear Fog Lamps in any variant now as pointed out by you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEXON_BROCHURE_FOR_WEB.pdf (1.68 MB, 322 views)
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 07:12   #1853
Senior - BHPian

TATA A.S.S. is much better than Ford in the south. I have lived with the car for over a year and have had no surprises regarding parts breakdown. Quality is much much better than Indica, on its first outing.

Moreover, it's the safest car in India right now. Period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
juggling my mind whether to pick Nexon over ES as the former looks more VFM to me but unsure of TATA's A.S.S and quality level.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 10:28   #1854
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
TATA A.S.S. is much better than Ford in the south. I have lived with the car for over a year and have had no surprises regarding parts breakdown. Quality is much much better than Indica, on its first outing.

Moreover, it's the safest car in India right now. Period!

Thanks! I admire the quality of the Nexon but then I do hear lot of complaints from the buyers that some or the other parts starts to malfunctioning which is the only concern right now for me. Also could you please advice on the service intervals and prices?

Also I have given a quote of Rs18k for fixing the sunroof. Have anyone tried that?

Last edited by Johnnny : 26th December 2018 at 10:37.
Old 26th December 2018, 10:41   #1855
Senior - BHPian

Most of the service is just tightening/ checking, spent ZERO on those. Major service includes a change of fluids every 15,000 KMS - Spent 2400 on that oil change at 15K, and that's about it. But let me add that I'm very careful with my 'MiniLandie' and ask them to stick to the manual, (and be at the service station during any service). Glowing remarks, you must think - but I'm not associated with TataMotors in any way other than that I own a Nexon!

Quote:
Thanks! I admire the quality of the Nexon but then I do hear a lot of complaints from the buyers that some or the other parts start to malfunctioning which is the only concern right now for me. Also, could you please advice on the service intervals and prices?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 11:16   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I admire the quality of the Nexon but then I do hear lot of complaints from the buyers that some or the other parts starts to malfunctioning which is the only concern right now for me. Also could you please advice on the service intervals and prices?

Also I have given a quote of Rs18k for fixing the sunroof. Have anyone tried that?
Your decision apart, never ever think of fixing a sunroof as an accessory. No point in compromising the structural strength. If sun roof is this necessary, go for the ecosport eyes closed.

Coming to the Nexon, i am using one for the last 24k kms and have not faced any issue till date (just some weird noise from the steering, which is not bothersome). I had Zest before Nexon and used it for 95k kms and 3 years. I have seen Tata improving in the last 4 years. Your statement on parts malfunctioning could be true for the Zest era but not beyond that. Not to dent your confidence but my zest underwent following replacements under warranty:
a) Music system replaced twice
b) All 4 speakers replaced twice because excess voltage from the system damaged them
c) AC condenser
d) Full engine harness
e) Window winding mechanism for the rear right window
f) Steering rack and pinion
g) All locks and both keys as the ignition switch had to be replaced

The guys at the service centre were extremely helpful and all things were replaced under warranty. No questions asked. Never ever the car stayed with them for over 2 days. Even after facing issues with my Zest, it never gave up on me. I always had the confidence to take it anywhere. Initially my family was apprehensive of me going for another Tata but the decision has been a good one. Nexon never troubled me and i can feel the difference already wrt the Zest. My only suggestion to you would be to buy the extended warranty, no matter what car you choose.
tarik.arora is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 11:18   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Am quite confused in choosing between the 2 cars Ecosport & Nexon. Took TD of Nexon Diesel Top end variant and really liked it in most of the aspects though both the cars can accommodate only 2 people comfortably at the rear. Got a Quote of Rs11,05,000 after all the discounts at chennai showroom. Being a ardent Ford fan who is having fun with it for the past 10 years,still juggling my mind whether to pick Nexon over ES as the former looks more VFM to me but unsure of TATA's A.S.S and quality level.

In my opinion both are pretty similar vehicles, capabilities and price included. I already own an ecosport and so can say that the service and costs associated with it aren't as bad as is often suggested on forums. In fact, given my requirements I'd have bought the ecosport even now if I was searching. Mine is almost 5 years old now and so I'm looking for a replacement but don't like anything in the market in this price range. Nothing is a substantial upgrade from my ecosport. Nexon is the only one in the running but only because I already have the ecosport.
I understand your dilemma and unfortunately can't help you but go with the known devil is all I'd say, if you're confused.
sharninder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 16:11   #1858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was in the exact same situation as you 4 months back and almost bought the Nexon . Which version of the Ecosport are you looking at ?

I honestly think you can't go wrong with either product, but I chose the Ecosport for purely 2 reasons;
1) Overall better fit, finish and premium feel of the new Ecosport
2) I had the extra budget for the Ecosport and felt it was justified (6 airbags, ESP, automatic everything, HID lights, sun roof, etc...)

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 26th December 2018 at 16:13.
Old 26th December 2018, 17:09   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I was in the exact same situation as you 4 months back and almost bought the Nexon . Which version of the Ecosport are you looking at ?

Thanks, am looking at Titanium or Signature diesel versions
Old 26th December 2018, 19:53   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
. . . there is no rear 12V accessory socket for the rear row in any variant.
Funnily enough, I didn't even remember that there was a 12V socket at the back.

It was only after the recent discussions on feature deletion, did I check it out. Glad to have picked up my ride from the initial batches - fully loaded and with introductory pricing.
mroutlander is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks