Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2018, 13:10   #1861
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

i just completed 1400 kms trip in my Nexon from Delhi to Mumbai with a break in Ahmedabad. With full AC and consistent drive between 80 and 100, I did this in exactly 2 tankfulls.

Needless to say the drive was comfortable and Nexon exceeded expectations again.

Also crossed 11,000 kms in the process!
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 16:31   #1862
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, was the red + only white dual tone ( no grey) a recent addition? We have booked a Nexon last week and now the SA is telling we have the option of the 5 Star Rated car , but only red +white combo is available. He also says it is November manufactured which does not align with the public statement that 5 Star cars are those manufactured after Dec 7th. Have asked for the VIN. No change in price though.
Old 28th December 2018, 08:22   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Folks, was the red + only white dual tone ( no grey) a recent addition? We have booked a Nexon last week and now the SA is telling we have the option of the 5 Star Rated car , but only red +white combo is available. He also says it is November manufactured which does not align with the public statement that 5 Star cars are those manufactured after Dec 7th. Have asked for the VIN. No change in price though.
Yes as per the papers only from dec7th cars are to be 5 star cars. Also check for missing equipment lists. Could you please share the quote price ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
i just completed 1400 kms trip in my Nexon from Delhi to Mumbai with a break in Ahmedabad. With full AC and consistent drive between 80 and 100, I did this in exactly 2 tankfulls.

Needless to say the drive was comfortable and Nexon exceeded expectations again.

Also crossed 11,000 kms in the process!
That's great! Would be curious to know about the fuel efficiency and have it completed the 3rd free service?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th December 2018 at 08:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 28th December 2018, 09:37   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, white roof option was recently added by Tata.
On the 5-star rated car, don't blindly believe what the SA says, just refer to the GNCAP website. Quoting directly from the GNCAP website " This result is valid for all Nexon units produced as from December 7th,2018 (from VIN MAT627165JLP51255)". There is no way a November manufactured VIN matches this criterion.
On a different note, there are not many changes in the 5-star rated car. The 4-star one is equally good and you can pick one up if you wish to save costs. Starting January the prices will increase and subsequently the offers will also reduce. Take your decision.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th December 2018 at 09:43. Reason: Removing bold text.
Old 28th December 2018, 10:48   #1865
BHPian

Hey Nexonites,
My nexon completed its 14k run and here is the detailed review of 3rd free service at Concord motors, dairy circle, Bengaluru.

Issues I wanted to be addressed:
1. There was issue of thick humid mist formation inside the headlamp right after the quick city ride especially during evening time. (refer image below)
I had previously brought the issue to notice 2 times with the service center and they did some temporary fixes which didnt work though. This time I made up my mind to stick to replacement of both the headlamps.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20181220_195723.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20181220_195701.jpg

2. Wheel alignment and rotation.
3. Brake pad and Wiper blade replacement if needed (I had P2P which covers these)
4. BCM update which accomodates auto closing of ORVMs on lock.
5. Infotainment update.

Experience at service centre:
Even though experience with sales at Concord motors, dairy circle was very much disappointing, Service experience was good till date. Thanks to service advisor Prashanth shetty. He listned to all the issues patiently and promised to replace tge headlamps this time. Overall it was promising feeling when I left my car there.

Delivery of the vehicle after service:
Around at 4:30 I got call from service advisor that request for new headlamps has been approved from Tata motors and they are starting the work right away. Things were going good indeed.
Went to service center at 6-30 and the vehicle was ready in next 15 mins. It costed just 2600rs and I was indeed very happy since I expected atleast 4k bill for 3rd free service.
After paying the bill when I went to take the car for delivery there was a surprise waiting for us. guess what they replaced my Nexon Xz+ headlamps with Lower varient headlamp without projector headlamp and Drl.
Well, certainly the mistake was not done purposely but still it is a big fat blunder by the service center. Its like I have to do the PDI (which we do before taking delivery of new car) everytime before taking the car from the service center. I had to spend next 1 hr at the same place getting my old headlamps replaced as they didn't have XZ+ headlamps available.
Issues addressed:
1: Rear wiper blade replaced
2: Brake pad replaced
3: BCM updated. Now mirror closes on locking the car and opens on engine start up
4: Infotainment version updated to R12.72(26 Nov 18 version)
5: Rear camera quality improved noticeably. White grainy patches during night replaced with clear vision which produces mild wave during night. Color saturation and clarity improved to a great extent.

Left the service center with kind of mixed feeling with the promise to replace headlamp within 2 days as soon as stock is available.

After service observations:
1. Brake was now making mild creaky sound which was coming from rear.
2. The feature which locks all the doors of car on speeding above 10km/hr is not working. Checked the manual to enable it again. Below is the solution.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-manual.jpg

But surprisingly 'Central locking' option has been removed from the vehicle setup now in the updated firmware.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20181228_09220101.jpeg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20181228_09214801.jpeg

Can any fellow Nexon owner please confirm if this option has been removed purposely or is it the result of impoper update from service center.
This feature can not be ignored as it plays major role in car safety.

3. Car roof from interior has been soiled in some spots with grease marking which is again proof of neglegency by the service staff.

I am back at the service center today with all thr abobe issues again and with the hope for resolution. Will update the result here.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd January 2019 at 12:34. Reason: Fixing attachments
Old 29th December 2018, 05:32   #1866
BHPian

Can someone please comment on the below quote that was given to me for XZ+ diesel variant @concord motors, Chennai.
On road - 11,04,322 + 7k(B2B insurance)
Warranty - 4 yrs
Insurance/fast tag/amc/handling charges - Discounted
Accessories- ₹4500 free from dealer
Old 29th December 2018, 08:59   #1867
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Yes, white roof option was recently added by Tata.
On the 5-star rated car, don't blindly believe what the SA says, just refer to the GNCAP website. Quoting directly from the GNCAP website " This result is valid for all Nexon units produced as from December 7th,2018 (from VIN MAT627165JLP51255)". There is no way a November manufactured VIN matches this criterion.
On a different note, there are not many changes in the 5-star rated car. The 4-star one is equally good and you can pick one up if you wish to save costs. Starting January the prices will increase and subsequently the offers will also reduce. Take your decision.
Thanks. Once we questioned the SA he went back and 'checked' and came back saying it is a 4 star batch car only. SA has been doing some flip flops. First said the red grey which we wanted was no longer available and asked if red white was ok(we were ok with that). Then he said QA team found some issue with red white and he has got the red grey allotted. As per him factory is dispatching what is left from th 4 star rated batches so the choice is getting limited. They would start dispatching the 5 star cars only by Jan. Anyways 4 star is ok for us, but following up closely due to these flip flops from the SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Can someone please comment on the below quote that was given to me for XZ+ diesel variant @concord motors, Chennai.
On road - 11,04,322 + 7k(B2B insurance)
Warranty - 4 yrs
Insurance/fast tag/amc/handling charges - Discounted
Accessories- ₹4500 free from dealer
Looks like a good quote. For the Top end petrol AT the best we could negotiate was the free insurance, waiving of the handling charges and some free accessories worth 3000. But this was a couple of weeks back.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 09:23   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
As per him factory is dispatching what is left from th 4 star rated batches so the choice is getting limited. They would start dispatching the 5 star cars only by Jan. Anyways 4 star is ok for us, but following up closely due to these flip flops from the SA.
This could be true as it is a common practice to manufacture next year production from December month. No OEM wants to open a new year with lots of old inventory in its plant which would then have to be sold at a bigger discount. Tata will surely be pushing 4 star rated cars that have already been produced and are lying in the plant. Anyways, December is a low wholesales month with lots of retails (customer deliveries) happening due to discounts being offered.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 14:27   #1869
BHPian

Getting this error message from last 2 days. Right now at TASS and they are trying to diagnose.it seems 3 out of 4 sensors have stopped working. I requested them to try replacing the sensors as that would be less time consuming and practical but the guy insisted on opening the dash board.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190101142511__01.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2019, 16:27   #1870
BHPian

Have anyone who booked recently got the VIN of 5 star rated car ?
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:57   #1871
BHPian

A few questions to Nexon users:
- Is Petrol AMT jerky? I found the diesel quite okay but have not managed to get a test drive of the petrol AMT.

- Real life FE of Petrol & Diesel AMT.

Thinking of buying a Nexon Petrol but unsure of Tata's competence in petrol engines and thus the above questions.

~maniac
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:04   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Is Petrol AMT jerky? I found the diesel quite okay but have not managed to get a test drive of the petrol AMT.
On City Mode - Yes Somewhat
On Eco, Sport or Manual - No

Quote:
- Real life FE of Petrol AMT.
City - 10-12 kmpl (+- 1)
Highway - 12-14 kmpl
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:22   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Have anyone who booked recently got the VIN of 5 star rated car ?
Yes I did. I booked XZA+ (Petrol) on 25th Dec and insisted on 5-star rated car.

SA told there's only 1 5* rated car in stock at Tata Motors factory in White ST colour & we blocked it. I got the VIN next day & confirmed it's a 5-star one. Tata had stopped the production of Nexon in last week of Dec to clear existing stock.

The car is now awaiting registration and delivery expected this weekend.
asethi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2019, 13:40   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Yes I did. I booked XZA+ (Petrol) on 25th Dec and insisted on 5-star rated car.

SA told there's only 1 5* rated car in stock at Tata Motors factory in White ST colour & we blocked it. I got the VIN next day & confirmed it's a 5-star one. Tata had stopped the production of Nexon in last week of Dec to clear existing stock.

The car is now awaiting registration and delivery expected this weekend.
You mind sharing what was the on-road price?
Old 3rd January 2019, 15:02   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
You mind sharing what was the on-road price?
It came to ₹11.15L with B2B insurance in Bangalore. This doesn't include extended warranty, that'll be additional somewhere around ₹12K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks