Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2019, 06:01   #1951
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Is there anything specific you want to know?
I am driving my new Diesel XZA+ for 2 weeks now and the experience has been excellent so far. Today I drove around the city with 6 people inside the car + luggage and the pull doesn't seem to be affected a bit.

Apple Carplay is present but needs an upgrade of the Connectnext software.
Booking process, Things to look out for, Accessories, what to demand, discounts areas, etc.

Thanks for your response
Old 27th January 2019, 07:03   #1952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
I am very close to Booking the Diesel XZA+ DT. Will be doing do on 28th Jan.

Anything I need to look out for in the process?

One point is to make sure you are well aware of features that have been deleted. The TD/display car will have everything as it will be a initial launch car. Should not end up being surprised when you see some stuff that you saw in the TD car is not there in your new car. In our case the SA himself was not very forthcoming on this. In fact he spent 5 minutes talking about the option to switch on the reverse cam when driving. This feature no longer exists. Some other features he acknowledged only when I pointed it out to him based on the thread here in the forum.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 08:52   #1953
BHPian

This is the price list TAFE has given. I don't understand some of the charges. Can they be negotiated with?
Please see the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEXON 21 01 2019 (4).pdf (265.2 KB, 904 views)
Old 27th January 2019, 09:17   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
After navigating a steep climb on a narrow road in south Bengalooru, squeezing in between parked cars and oncoming vehicles at high revs in 1st gear, the AMT warning light started flashing. This happened after just about 500 meters of such driving. I had to stop for a minute and the light went away. Has anyone else seen such behaviour?
I get the AMT warning light whenever I do the steep climb in the evening bumper to bumper traffic near my office.The light goes off when I complete the climb.

Will check with the SA at the third service next month
Old 27th January 2019, 09:25   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthacharya View Post
I got this crossing the Shiradi Ghats, and there was a 5 km pileup, and very slow bumper to bumper movement with added challenge of steep roads. The AMT light came up regularly, and vanished once the roads were clear. I guessed moving in 1st gear for a long time made the AMT think there is a problem, or the AMT box heated up(If such a thing is possible)?
I often get the AMT warning light when climbing the steep slope near my office in the evening bumber to bumber traffic.

It takes 10 to 15 mins in the traffic to climb the slope which normally takes 2 mins.

The light goes off when i finish the climb
Jay2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 09:30   #1956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is the price list TAFE has given. I don't understand some of the charges. Can they be negotiated with?
Handling and delivery charges is way to high. When we purchased in Bangalore it was 5000 and we got it waived off. I don't think they are supposed to be collecting handling charges, so if we push it, they should reduce/waive it.

Insurance will be cheaper if you take it outside, may need to haggle with them for this( we went with the dealer insurance). Depends on your preference. Other charges are kind of standard, but you can see if you can negotiate to get say the extended warranty or AMC included for free in the deal.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 09:31   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
I am very close to Booking the Diesel XZA+ DT. ....

I also wanted to check if this version comes with Apple CarPlay?.....
XZA+ Diesel is a fantastic car.
Completed 12K this month.
Apple Car Play is available along with Android Auto

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 08:55. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Jay2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 12:06   #1958
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

It's been 3 weeks now since I got my new Nexon XZA+ petrol. My observations after driving it for nearly 3 weeks & ~800kms:

Dislikes:
1. Blind spots, I mean it's massive! The front A pillars can literally make a full size 2 wheeler disappear from your view, so need to be extra careful while taking sharp turns. Similarly, reversing the car is pain due to limited visibility thanks to narrow rear glass & super thick C pillars. Agreed there's reverse camera & sensors but am not used to only relying on them, will take sometime getting hang of it I guess.
2. AMT behaviour in b2b traffic. If you don't have enough space in your front, you might end up rear ending the car ahead. It sometimes just jumps off after releasing the brakes. Gets time getting used to it.
3. Hill start, I mean they shouldn't have even listed this feature. It's basically creep setting in on engaging first gear. But this is highly unreliable, sometimes engages immediately and other time takes its sweet time to set in and you could easily hit he car in back meanwhile. So make sure to use handbrake on inclines.
4. City mileage is poor. I hardly get 8kmpl. Maybe am not used to it considering my last car was a diesel 😉.
5. Eco mode only usable during heavy slow moving traffic where you are just following the others.
6. Somehow I don't get the full view of the instrument cluster, upper part is almost always covered by the steering. If I adjust it for viewing, steering gets just too high for comfort. I feel the instrument cluster is places quite high, or maybe it's because of tall people like me!
6. Headlights, the low beam is just poor. Needs upgrade for sure. High beam is ok.

1. Very smooth, especially while cruising.
2. Can easily do high speed, masks the speed very well. I don't realise when the 100kmph is crossed, feels like something around 80.
3. Awesome music system, just makes your commutes stress free.
4. Sport mode, it's just too aggressive. Love the pull while this is engaged.
5. Highway mileage on other hand is quite good, I got 16kmpl + during my airport run. Haven't seen so much variation in my Swift, it used to be max 5-6 kmpl between city & highways.
6. Ride comfort. Compared to my Swift, the car offers very comfortable ride. Speed breakers are no more a worry! High speed & straight line stability is very good. Steering becomes very heavy during highway speeds aiding control, well again it's compared to my last car.

Last edited by asethi : 27th January 2019 at 12:08.
asethi is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 17:36   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Booking process, Things to look out for, Accessories, what to demand, discounts areas, etc.

Thanks for your response
Hi Satyanu28,

I took a look at the price pdf that you have uploaded.

Handling charge of 12k. Let the SA know that this is illegal. Many of us here didn't pay the Handling charges.
Insurance price is too high. If there is no offer on insurance, its better to buy it from outside. You would get quotes of around 35-40k.
Try to negotiate for free AMC. The AMC price quoted in P2P.

Did you ask what is the TMGA Essential Pack?
Do PM for any queries that you might have.

Thanks,
A.
ayankm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 18:51   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Satyanu, you should negotiate.
The more your Homework, the more your strength to negotiate well.

In some cases the dealer will smartly remove the Zero Dep to bring down the Quote
And later give a policy without Zero Dep. ( So that the Customer pays extra if he wants it)

Take Quotes from as many dealers as you can, the exercise itself will benefit you to know how much you can bargain.

Check this post for Reference
These were prices on 7th January - (OTR Bhopal - so State Tax will differ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post

Cost Break-up

983552 Ex Showroom XZ+ Single Tone
+ 87584 Rto
============
So it would come to 10,45,000 on paper, but ideally it is 10,60,000 as i feel the 15k is actually part of the Max Value your Exchange vehicle would have got.

Other Optional extras added
=======
For your reference
Prices for the P2P and AMC plan - (Pan India)

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20190108_005130.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 08:57. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
JS Kwt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 13:29   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
I noticed few more things that Tata Motors has removed from new Nexons. My car is petrol XZA+ manufactured in Dec last week.
1. Temperature gauge. Now there's only warning light on dash if car overheats but no meter.
2. Fuel gauge has been removed from old spot & merged into MID. It now toggles with instant fuel economy display on pressing mode button.
3. Velcro straps in boot to hold reflectors are missing now.
4. Speed sensing door lock doesn't work now. Not sure if it's a bug in latest FW or planned deletion.
Sad to hear about these deletion decisions. Could you please post a pic of the Fuel Gauge on the MID.

Quote:
The option is checked for me. It maybe an issue with the latest FW, as few other existing Nexon owners reported this issue when the FW was updated. Let's see if Tata fixes it in next update.
Hope it does get fixed with FW. Eager to know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Speed sensing auto lock is not working on my brother in law Nexon too. Sales guy said it will be fixed at the first service. So looks like a firmware issue.

Had a chance to drive it a bit last weekend. Pretty impressive overall. Only downside is the response time in bumper to bumper traffic in the City mode. Pretty poor, but expected from an AMT. Sports mode is definitely much better.
Please do let us know if it gets fixed with FW upgrade.

Quote:
....I also wanted to check if this version comes with Apple CarPlay?...
The new batch comes with Apple Car Play and Android Auto straight from the factory. Now FW upgrade required. You can (should?) check for it during the PDI.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 08:57. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 28th January 2019, 14:23   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Sad to hear about these deletion decisions. Could you please post a pic of the Fuel Gauge on the MID.
Fuel gauge is at the bottom of MID below AVG:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0328.jpg
Old 28th January 2019, 14:39   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Fuel gauge is at the bottom of MID below AVG:

Attachment 1842589
Thank you for this! This stays constant even when you cycle through the MID right?
Easier it was in the right dial lower zone? Like an arc? This is more VW style I guess. IMHO, very subjective, but I don't see this as a major deletion. Just a relocation of sorts. In fact, this has more bars. So will help judge the amount of fuel better (for someone like me).
Congratulations on your purchase!
Thanks for sharing.
Old 28th January 2019, 14:59   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Thank you for this! This stays constant even when you cycle through the MID right?
Easier it was in the right dial lower zone? Like an arc? This is more VW style I guess. IMHO, very subjective, but I don't see this as a major deletion. Just a relocation of sorts. In fact, this has more bars. So will help judge the amount of fuel better (for someone like me).
Congratulations on your purchase!
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!
The MID cycles through all the options twice - once with fuel gauge at the bottom and then with instant FE indicator.
Old 28th January 2019, 18:59   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
...Did you ask what is the TMGA Essential Pack?.....
Yes. I am wondering what the TMGA essential pack was. An essential pack that’s optional??

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 08:58. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks