Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2019, 09:20   #2041
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
No matter how one takes this article but what about after sales service? Here in Bangalore I am unable to find a single TATA service center with atlest 4 star review ratings. Considering quality could be one of a cases as the article says but when a large number of people rate the service as bad, there is something really bad. Tiago is an amazing car in market for quite some time and being serviced here but recent reviews about service are also not good. Nexon is relatively new and another great car. Now my point is whether it is quality or service, I will consider a car only if both are good.
My logic now is to get a smaller car from Tata say Tiago and judge all these before going for a bigger car say Nexon or Harrier. If Tata really improves in service in next few years they will retain customers like me
On a positive note I am not going away from Tata, just delaying my interest in Nexon for more data.
I think Tata has the best service centers in Bangalore when compared with other places. This i didn't read in any google reviews, but from the people owning Nexons and Tiagos. And not from a single person too.

We too have 30K+ run Tiago and 20K run Nexon in our family.

Yes there are niggles with both the cars like any other manufacturer. Only thing that matters to me is, how eager are the service center guys in resolving the issues And if they are not able to fix it one go, what's their next step.
In both the above cases I have a very good experience from the Tata service center near me.

Yes there was a time that I had escalated the poor workmanship they did on my Nexon. But the escalation worked as it should and I got the call from Tata customer care, GM of service center and service advisor, in that order.
And my issue was solved without anymore input from me.

As a background, I had a Maruti swift and Vento too, both clocking close to 1.5 lakh kms.

So if i compare the services i would rate the service experience of Tata to be in par or slightly better than Maruti and VW to be below them.

Whichever car you choose, you will anyhow face some issues in the long run. It all matters how the after sales service guys or the team from manufacturer deals with this.

So if i was in your position, instead of waiting would have plonked my money on Tata Nexon without thinking too much. But then it differs from person to person.
jithudigitised is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 09:50   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
I think Tata has the best service centers in Bangalore when compared with other places.
That exactly is the problem with"service centers" in India. It's that the manufacturer doesn't really have control over its ASCs and it just depends if you have a good work culture in your city, maybe, then you are bound to have good folks in your service center. Or some other factor like that. But there is no consistency on this across the country.

So that means there is no model of service or nobody cares to cross check how good end service is the customer being offered. Is he being offered a good experience or being given crap after shelling out lacs of rupees on their product. Why, the latest buzz is that Tata customers are physically assaulted these days. Latest case from Delhi at Malwa Motors. What else is left to see.

So the long and short of it is one can't really pin point a level of service according to a brand in our beloved country. It all solely depends if you happen to have a good dealer in your city/town. And that person can be attached to any brand.

That said, the only people I can think of who have this kind of consistency in their service in their service are the Germans/Europeans. If it's good, it will be consistely good like, say bmw. And if it's bad it will be consistently bad like a VW. My opinion.
pixantz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 10:48   #2043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if i was in your position, instead of waiting would have plonked my money on Tata Nexon without thinking too much. But then it differs from person to person.
No complaints on Tata cars as such except for service quality. Psychologically I am haunted by some experiences at service centers. We had a Nano in family where in the reported issues were never fixed instead non existing problems were created and tried to fix. Many a times we had some hot exchange of words at the ASC. That part is still carved on our minds and thus preventing from investment in bigger Tata cars. As said I am planning for Tiago and then will see. Afterall "Tata ka lohaa" indeed means a lot to me.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 11:28   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
You could be right but with the TD vehicle while turning the steering fast to either side I could hear thud thud sound from the column.
It is a commonly known issue and was solved with steering recalibration. Instead of relying on assumptions , it pays to heed to owners who have seen it all and clocked thousands of happy miles with their Nexons.

Maybe unsolicited, but still will take the risk to advise you to write off Nexon/Tiago from your list of probables and look elsewhere.

Last edited by ar134 : 24th February 2019 at 11:29.
ar134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 14:43   #2045

Quote:
No matter how one takes this article but what about after sales service? Here in Bangalore I am unable to find a single TATA service center with atlest 4 star review ratings. Considering quality could be one of a cases as the article says but when a large number of people rate the service as bad, there is something really bad. Tiago is an amazing car in market for quite some time and being serviced here but recent reviews about service are also not good. Nexon is relatively new and another great car. Now my point is whether it is quality or service, I will consider a car only if both are good.
My logic now is to get a smaller car from Tata say Tiago and judge all these before going for a bigger car say Nexon or Harrier. If Tata really improves in service in next few years they will retain customers like me
On a positive note I am not going away from Tata, just delaying my interest in Nexon for more data.
My experience so far has been very good with Prerana Motors. I would not rate them five star but closer to 4. In the first instance they lost my service booking and after talking to the SM they picked up the car the next day and resolved all the minor issues to my satisfaction. After a trip to Munnar and Kerala the car developed a few minor niggles such as noises from the dash and the rear suspension etc, so I put in all these issues and logged it on TMSC app. I got calls from TATA Motors and Prerana. They sent a Service Engineer to assess and took the car the next day to rectify the defects at no cost and no questions asked. I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service provided. To put in context overseas, when my Ford SUV had an issue with the torque Converter transmission I had to take the car to the service center and convince them the issue must be fixed under warranty.

Quote:
I think Tata has the best service centers in Bangalore when compared with other places. This i didn't read in any google reviews, but from the people owning Nexons and Tiagos. And not from a single person too.

We too have 30K+ run Tiago and 20K run Nexon in our family.

Yes there are niggles with both the cars like any other manufacturer. Only thing that matters to me is, how eager are the service center guys in resolving the issues And if they are not able to fix it one go, what's their next step.
In both the above cases I have a very good experience from the Tata service center near me.

Yes there was a time that I had escalated the poor workmanship they did on my Nexon. But the escalation worked as it should and I got the call from Tata customer care, GM of service center and service advisor, in that order.
And my issue was solved without anymore input from me.

As a background, I had a Maruti swift and Vento too, both clocking close to 1.5 lakh kms.

So if i compare the services i would rate the service experience of Tata to be in par or slightly better than Maruti and VW to be below them.

Whichever car you choose, you will anyhow face some issues in the long run. It all matters how the after sales service guys or the team from manufacturer deals with this.

My experience is closer to yours with TATA Service, pretty good with some follow up. Sure they can improve in some aspects with better systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
That exactly is the problem with"service centers" in India. It's that the manufacturer doesn't really have control over its ASCs and it just depends if you have a good work culture in your city, maybe, then you are bound to have good folks in your service center. Or some other factor like that. But there is no consistency on this across the country.

So that means there is no model of service or nobody cares to cross check how good end service is the customer being offered. Is he being offered a good experience or being given crap after shelling out lacs of rupees on their product. Why, the latest buzz is that Tata customers are physically assaulted these days. Latest case from Delhi at Malwa Motors. What else is left to see.

So the long and short of it is one can't really pin point a level of service according to a brand in our beloved country. It all solely depends if you happen to have a good dealer in your city/town. And that person can be attached to any brand.

That said, the only people I can think of who have this kind of consistency in their service in their service are the Germans/Europeans. If it's good, it will be consistely good like, say bmw. And if it's bad it will be consistently bad like a VW. My opinion.
Again this inconsistency in service levels is not confined to India. I have experienced the same variability in other countries across brands. Of course I can only talk about three countries, US, UK and Australia. I have had a close friend in the US who has had so much trouble with his BMW across multiple dealers that he had to get rid of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Don't know if this has been shared here before, so posting!!

Source
I would certainly not agree with the main headline statement. As a driver, one has to be aware of how the car is performing, normally there are enough warning signs before something fails, other than a catastrophic failure which would be a complete exception. If this unfortunate owner has indeed suffered all these problems, they should be fixed easily enough by the service centre, while these faults should not occur, making such blanket statements about the build quality of Nexon or its safety is unwarranted
Edaks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 17:00   #2046
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar134 View Post
Most of the people (including myself) don't bother to rate TASC on Google or other platforms.
Human nature is such that we will take the effort to rate only in case of extreme emotion - either irritated or very very ecstatic. More people are willing to widely propagate when unhappy than when happy. Thus these rating/ reviews should always be taken with a pinch of salt. Ratings/ reviews are relevant only when a large majority of users of a product/ service (as a %) have taken the review. On most platforms, that requirement is not met - either non-users are allowed to review/ rate or only a small % of users have reviewed/ rated.
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2019, 18:04   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.93 View Post
-----
Everytime revving the motor passed 3500-4000 rpm and then lifting off the throttle, a burning smell enters the cabin through the AC vents. Have to get it checked too.
------
I recently faced this issue in my petrol XZA+ while climbing the Kodaikanal ghat road. During the climb up, the car was being driven on high rpms in Sport mode & burning smell was entering the cabin. It then vanished after sometime, surely need to get this checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
------
4. Speed sensing door lock doesn't work now. Not sure if it's a bug in latest FW or planned deletion.
------
Confirmed - speed sensing auto door lock is removed from new Nexons. I didn't get the definitive answer though, but service staff at TASS told this was done to achieve 5* NCAP rating.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th February 2019 at 09:58. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 26th February 2019, 08:43   #2048
BHPian

Nexon diesel achieves 37.5 kmpl by our own team bhp member Bunny. Now yes this was on an open highway with AC off and speed restricted to 80kmph. But isn't it commendable for a heavy car which had not gone through a weight reduction diet to get to that figure?
damodar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 09:20   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Confirmed - speed sensing auto door lock is removed from new Nexons. I didn't get the definitive answer though, but service staff at TASS told this was done to achieve 5* NCAP rating.
Simply Hilarious how some brilliant TASS Service staff cook up this kind of Logic
Speed sensing Auto lock is a Safety feature, adding it will give higher ratings and deleting it will give lower points in the tests.

Similarly when i was checking if my Nexon was manufactured before or after 7th Dec and what was its actual rating, i was told by TASS that
" Sir, there is no manufacturing difference between 4 star and 5 star Nexon !
First, it was Crash tested from the front, it scored 4 stars.
Later TATA got it Crash tested from the Side, then it scored 5 stars!
So just don't worry about 4 or 5 stars "
Absolutely mind boggling

When I gave him the related info regarding the differences, he gave a dumb smile and vanished.

Regarding the Speed sensing Auto lock feature, it shows ticked on the MID options but is disabled. Either it is a bug in the latest firmware OR it is another one of Tata's cost cutting and Feature deleting tricks on the Nexon.

Last edited by JS Kwt : 26th February 2019 at 09:29.
JS Kwt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 10:30   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Regarding the Speed sensing Auto lock feature, it shows ticked on the MID options but is disabled. Either it is a bug in the latest firmware OR it is another one of Tata's cost cutting and Feature deleting tricks on the Nexon.
Not sure till the next firmware update comes and if it fixes this issue.
Old 26th February 2019, 10:47   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
The option in MID is a different feature. Its called as auto relock, where if you accidentally hit the open key in the remote and none of doors are opened for 30 seconds, the car gets locked again automatically. Speed sensitive auto lock is not available as an option in MID.
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 15:55   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Nexon diesel achieves 37.5 kmpl by our own team bhp member Bunny. Now yes this was on an open highway with AC off and speed restricted to 80kmph. But isn't it commendable for a heavy car which had not gone through a weight reduction diet to get to that figure?
I guess any car if driven on an open highway at 60-80kmph will give great mileage, if not 37kmpl. This is a no brainer.
Old 26th February 2019, 16:24   #2053
BHPian

Completed 1 successful year with my XZ+ Diesel. The ODO stands at 27k+ kms.
No major issues so far. I am enjoying every bit of it. The drive-ability is just too good and you have to drive it to believe it. Just some minor squeaks from the centre console and nothing else.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-1-yr.jpg  

tarik.arora is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 18:55   #2054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Completed 1 successful year with my XZ+ Diesel. The ODO stands at 27k+ kms.
No major issues so far. I am enjoying every bit of it. The drive-ability is just too good and you have to drive it to believe it. Just some minor squeaks from the centre console and nothing else.
Congrats on the milestone. I see a DL registered Nexon D plying around my office area. The guy literally zooms away whenever he gets the slightest of gaps . That shows the acceleration and driveability of the car.

BTW, please remove the plastic from the speedo console. With time, the glue from the plastic sticks badly to the console and damages it.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 19:30   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Congrats on the milestone. I see a DL registered Nexon D plying around my office area. The guy literally zooms away whenever he gets the slightest of gaps . That shows the acceleration and driveability of the car.

BTW, please remove the plastic from the speedo console. With time, the glue from the plastic sticks badly to the console and damages it.
Absolutely! The performance in city mode is also pretty good. I have rarely used the sports mode till now. Driveability is so good that in the 3rd gear, the car feels like an automatic and you could just drive without shifting in mild traffic.

On the speedo plastic, you can call me plain lazy. Will remove it today. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks