Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2019, 06:21   #2056
BHPian

Is anyone having cold start issues?
My first drive of the day usually is around 5:30am. Chennai is far from cold, however, I do feels jerks now and then and when I finally stop at my destination I get this "new metal heating up" smell (like a new iron heating up)
When I drive after this there's no problem. Engine is smooth. The SA told me that it's usual cold start characteristics. I would assume that new generation Diesel engines shouldn't have this.
Old 27th February 2019, 06:32   #2057
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
My first drive of the day usually is around 5:30am. Chennai is far from cold, however, I do feels jerks now and then and when I finally stop at my destination I get this "new metal heating up" smell (like a new iron heating up)
When I drive after this there's no problem. Engine is smooth. The SA told me that it's usual cold start characteristics. I would assume that new generation Diesel engines shouldn't have this.
I have a 2009 Vista and this does not happen.
I would suggest a different opinion. Take the car to a different TASS and take their opinion. Jerks are not common. Not sure what the new metal heating up is about.
Old 27th February 2019, 08:27   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I guess any car if driven on an open highway at 60-80kmph will give great mileage, if not 37kmpl. This is a no brainer.
Yes but what was surprising was this figure was achieved on a vehicle with a kerb weight of 1265kg. Even if the higher speeds of around 100 and with AC switched on getting 22-23kmpl should be easy as many have reported.
Old 27th February 2019, 15:40   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there should be any cold start issues and i can say that due to the location i come from. I live in Srinagar which is bone chilling in winters and every time i push the start button on my car the car never disappoints and i never feel as if the car has starting issues. I guess you should try to replicate the issue in front of the SA but for that you will have to call him to be at your home by 5:30 am. Having said that i own a petrol XZ+ while you own a Diesel so things might be different for a Diesel car. I haven't come across any such issue in any car so far in Srinagar when it comes to Diesel variant so surely you should try to get your car checked.
Old 27th February 2019, 16:53   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
When I drive after this there's no problem. Engine is smooth. .

How many km your car has done till now ? Many people have reported this issue if the car has not completed at least 5000 km. The engine when cold tends to be sluggish until it reaches its normal operating temperature. It sometimes translates to slight jerks now and then. To experience this - all it needs is a nip in the air. You don't need sub zero temperature to experience this.
Old 27th February 2019, 19:07   #2061
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

Thank you. It has run only 500km. So then only solution is to wait to around 5000km. Thanks again
Old 27th February 2019, 20:33   #2062
BHPian

My Nexon XZA+ P came back from 2nd service today, at Adishakthi motors Nagawara. There was nothing much done apart from regular checks and a SW update for open door alarm. What surprised me was that I got a URL to track progress (from a provider called 21track I think). I got live updates on service report and invoice on that page. Asked them to drop the car back to my office, and it was done free of charge!
Quite a pleasant experience overall.
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 11:40   #2063
BHPian

Hello!

I know some of the readers here will criticize / laugh at me for asking this.
But has anyone tried CNG-fying their petrol Nexon?

Asking because, I am in a situation where my Nexon is just over 7-month-old and I have used it for 11,000 KM, which I never anticipated.
Plus, as per developments I may have to travel 60KM daily which calls for some cheaper option.

I did not have anticipated such changes and hence went ahead with Petrol variant at that time,
Old 5th March 2019, 12:07   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello!

I know some of the readers here will criticize / laugh at me for asking this.

Asking because, I am in a situation where my Nexon is just over 7-month-old and I have used it for 11,000 KM, which I never anticipated.
Plus, as per developments I may have to travel 60KM daily which calls for some cheaper option.

I did not have anticipated such changes and hence went ahead with Petrol variant at that time,

I donot own a CNG Nexon, but I have a Honda City Automatic which I have converted to Sequential CNG. Total cost inclusive of GST came about 42,000 INR. The mileage has gone up by 6 Kmpl. Earlier I used to get 16-17 kmpl on highways on Petrol. Now I am getting 23 Km per kg of CNG on highways. City mileage has only improved by 3 kms per kg (getting 14 km per kg compared to 10-11kmpl on petrol).
Old 5th March 2019, 12:18   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello!
I dont think that should be an issue. Although Nexon has a turbo-petrol engine which is more complicated than an NA engine but same was the case with Zest. I have seen a lot of people converting Zest petrol to CNG so i think converting Nexon should not be an issue.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 17:31   #2066

Has any owner upgraded the front fog lamp bulbs? I find them weak, especially during rainy night time drives. I did speak to the workshop about it and got the warranty voidance reply.
Old 6th March 2019, 20:25   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_Wind View Post
Has any owner upgraded the front fog lamp bulbs? I find them weak, especially during rainy night time drives. I did speak to the workshop about it and got the warranty voidance reply.
I have replaced front halogen with led. It doesn't void warranty as it's only a bulb change. It can be done diy.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 20:34   #2068

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I have replaced front halogen with led. It doesn't void warranty as it's only a bulb change. It can be done diy.
Sir, which brand have you installed. Also is the Diy job a simple plug and play?
Old 6th March 2019, 23:02   #2069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_Wind View Post
Sir, which brand have you installed. Also is the Diy job a simple plug and play?
I have installed saarmat fog lamps

Rs. 742.74 22%OFF | 2* Canbus No Error Led H11 H8 HB3 9005 bulbs 9006 HB4 H7 P13W H10 H16(EU)(JP) Car Fog Lights lamp No Flash
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/g8D86Xm

Last edited by scopriobharath : 6th March 2019 at 23:05.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 12:33   #2070

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th March 2019 at 15:43.
Nomad_Wind is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks