Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2017, 13:04   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Nobody has any clue on the wearable key. Does the proverbial thing exist I wonder. I'll definitely get one if it's available. They need to feed in the specific codes to get that to work.

Regarding the main fob which I find t-o-o wide, I tried to get a sleeker unit in Dubai but they can only do it for popular cars like Mazda or a Toyota which is sold there, not Nexon. They duplicate even premium marquees like Mercs or BMWs and have a machine to copy your code! Plan to get a good look at this machine over the weekend. The fob given to me hides a physical key and one extra was given as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Did you enquire about the wearable key?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-immg_60761.jpg  

Last edited by ajmat : 26th October 2017 at 14:08.
Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 17:53   #197
BHPian

Presenting 'Genie', our brand new Nexon.
He became the latest member of our family yesterday. Didn't get much time with him, but whatever little I saw was enough to put a smile on my face!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20171025_152130.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20171025_174148.jpg  

Enobarbus is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 19:35   #198
BHPian

Congratulations Enobarbus. I am waiting for the same one and same color to join our family too. By the way, may I know when you booked it.
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 20:32   #199
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Dual tone definitely differentiates it from the crowd. Wish you many thousand miles of joyous driving!
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 21:56   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
He became the latest member of our family yesterday. Didn't get much time with him, but whatever little I saw was enough to put a smile on my face!
Congratulations Enobarbus. Wish you many miles with your Genie. I could see that you have taken delivery from Venkataramana Motors. May I know the SA you dealt with and the price details and accessories if you have added any?
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 08:18   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Congratulations Enobarbus. I am waiting for the same one and same color to join our family too. By the way, may I know when you booked it.
Thanks Satish. I pre-booked it unofficially at the end of August. The dealer says the actual booking date is sometime in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congratulations! Dual tone definitely differentiates it from the crowd. Wish you many thousand miles of joyous driving!
Thanks a lot Sebring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Congratulations Enobarbus. Wish you many miles with your Genie. I could see that you have taken delivery from Venkataramana Motors. May I know the SA you dealt with and the price details and accessories if you have added any?
Thanks Mrbaddy. The Team Lead is Govind and the SA is Kishore. Both of them were quite helpful. They never pushed anything on me. I haven't added any accessories at all, since none were available, not even mud flaps or mats. They said they have placed orders for the accessories and they are likely to come in a month or so. I plan to take only the mud flaps and mats from the dealer. I am planning to go for full floor matting and 3M paint protection this weekend.

The price details are as follows:

Ex showroom : 952,384
Life tax : 114,286
Insurance : 26,403(I didn't take it from the dealer; bought online from Royal Sundaram. Zero dep with full invoice price insurance. The show room was quoting 31597 without full invoice price protection).
Handling Charges : 5,000 (I let this go without haggling because they were being really nice)
Extended warranty : 11,900
Gold AMC (3 years): 32,788
Reg Fee : 1,900

Total on road price : 1,144,661

Last edited by Enobarbus : 27th October 2017 at 08:44.
Enobarbus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 09:43   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new car. It looks amazing.

Saw a similar colored Nexon yesterday, taking a turn towards Financial district, from DLF signal. The time was around 6 a.m.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 10:58   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Congrats on your new car. It looks amazing.

Saw a similar colored Nexon yesterday, taking a turn towards Financial district, from DLF signal. The time was around 6 a.m.
Thanks a lot jayded. I take the same route daily, but yesterday, I was at that signal at about 0730 AM.

Mine is the first Nexon in my company. When I went to the parking lot in the eveining, I saw a group of about 12 guys were all over the car, touching, feeling and peeping in. They had all sorts of questions for me. Most of them seems to have liked it. The security guy told me that throughout the day, there were people checking out the car.

As they say, love it or hate it, but you cannot ignore it.
Enobarbus is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 11:45   #204
Senior - BHPian

Unconfirmed report (read in TAI forum) - Latest Nexon booking numbers = 15,678.
Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 13:52   #205
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy the celebrity status while it lasts! Happens to me, to this day, even after a month. Kids take a lot of selfies. Time to buy Tata stock!

I opted for 3M transparent wraps instead of paint protection which takes out a few MM of paint! Its expensive but totally worth it and as per the guys, lasts the life of the car.

Quote:
I saw a group of about 12 guys were all over the car, touching, feeling and peeping in.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th October 2017 at 14:11. Reason: fixed quotes
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 14:07   #206
Senior - BHPian

@Sebring - I am sure you meant few μm of paint not few mm.

One of my friends who booked Nexon cancelled and got a pre-owned Civic instead. He liked Nexon very much, but he could not refuse (2009, single owner, and 40K on the odo) Civic for around 3L.

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th October 2017 at 14:10.
Old 27th October 2017, 20:01   #207
Team-BHP Support

Pic Courtesy - My friend Ranapratap RajkumarNaidu

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20171027wa0018.jpg

Meanwhile, he is also munching miles at a very fast pace, with almost 6500 kms on the odo already.

Some stats from the pics he shared.

Average FE - 18.7 kmpl (Diesel).
120kmph @ 6th gear - ~2300 rpm.

Edit - Suspiciously, even at higher triple digit speeds, the pic was showing an instantaneous FE of 30 kmph and I noticed the same shown in all the pictures, from low to high speeds. Anyone else noticing the same?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th October 2017 at 22:16. Reason: Removing references of speeding.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 22:36   #208
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Edit - Suspiciously, even at higher triple digit speeds, the pic was showing an instantaneous FE of 30 kmph and I noticed the same shown in all the pictures, from low to high speeds. Anyone else noticing the same?
If he was coasting at 160kmph, then it might be accurate. If I put my foot down on the accelerator completely, my Figo TDCI shows around 7kmpl mileage.
Old 27th October 2017, 22:53   #209
BHPian

Hi Crazy driver. You may have to clear your team-bhp inbox. I tried sending you a private message and was failed stating that your inbox is full. By the way, what happened to your booking? Any updates on AMT?
Old 28th October 2017, 10:46   #210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Hi Crazy driver. You may have to clear your team-bhp inbox. I tried sending you a private message and was failed stating that your inbox is full. By the way, what happened to your booking? Any updates on AMT?
I didn't book the Nexon. Was very much interested at one point though. Guess you might be mistaking with BHPian RavenAvi. That said - Even I wonder what happened to his booking?

For myself - Nexon doesn't present much of an upgrade at this moment - since I was primarily looking at the highway experience only.

Personally - I've decided to push my luck with the current car. Hopefully, it'll give me a few more years of troublefree service so that I can choose with a higher budget. (Compass/ JLR based TATA SUV if budget permits).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed