Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2019, 09:18   #2086
srh
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
Thanks. But in my case when the warning came up, engine noise changed there was more knocking in the low revs and the engine modes were disabled.
Did you experience any of that?
I did not/ do not experience any such issues even when the service reminder is showing up
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 11:26   #2087
BHPian

I gave the vehicle for first service with the complaints about the engine warning and its effects.

I also had cold start problems and while smoke coming out (which I had mentioned in the forum earlier)
Luckily all at the service centre noticed it.

I was told there was an error code that showed up during scan and that they had cleared it and have gone for a test drive.

What are my options here? Is there reason enough to escalate this to the point of demanding a replacement for the vehicle, since its all of 30 days old?

Or should I wait until further action is taken by the service people. (who, in principal, have assured me of solving the problem satisfactorily)

One part of me says, that a new car should not have engine issues and I should therefore escalate it.

Another part says, that this I could be a one of minor hiccup that will get sorted out.
Old 13th March 2019, 11:34   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told there was an error code that showed up during scan and that they had cleared it and have gone for a test drive.

What was the error code? Just clearing the error code means that it is being attributed to a momentary sensor fault/reading. It is more important to know why it happened and what should actually be done to prevent a recurrence.

Any course of future action is meaninglessness unless we understand what the magnitude of the problem is.

Probably a good time for you to purchase a cheap OBD Bluetooth connector and monitor+understand the fault codes. There's an entire thread on the technical section of the forum for guidance.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 13:12   #2089
BHPian

Tata Nexon Sales Up By 20%
After Global NCAP 5-Star Rating Announcement

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190313133949_chrome.jpg

Month -------- No. Of Units Sold

March 2018---- 4,405
April 2018------- 4,717
May 2018------- 4,308
June 2018------ 4,148
July 2018-------- 3,840
August 2018--- 4,499
September 2018---- 4,297
October 2018--------- 4,608
November 2018----- 4,224
December 2018----- 4,393
January 2019--------- 5,095
February 2019-------- 5,263
Total------------------ 53,797

Source
JS Kwt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 13:31   #2090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
Tata Nexon Sales Up By 20%
After Global NCAP 5-Star Rating Announcement

Month -------- No. Of Units Sold

March 2018---- 4,405
April 2018------- 4,717
May 2018------- 4,308
June 2018------ 4,148
July 2018-------- 3,840
August 2018--- 4,499
September 2018---- 4,297
October 2018--------- 4,608
November 2018----- 4,224
December 2018----- 4,393
January 2019--------- 5,095
February 2019-------- 5,263
Total------------------ 53,797

Source
Let me add the Dec'17, Jan/Feb'18 numbers too. Thread (February 2018 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)

Dec 2017 -- 4028
Jan 2018 -- 4917
Feb 2018 -- 4163

The January uptick maybe due to lesser production towards the year end, and operations resuming to normal in January. But, good to see it sustain in Feb too. Hopefully, this will also raise awareness and people will start demanding safer cars.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 13:43   #2091
BHPian

I really feel glad to see a worthy product getting the well deserved sales numbers. Well, I wish it would reach 10k sales soon.

Even these days I can hear lot of people talking about Nexon in my office and I overheard one of the them stating the Crash ratings of Nexon and that is why he is considering Nexon. It really takes a lot to educate the buyer and in my opinion, TATA really did it. Let's hope the sales trend continues and increase in future.
xcentrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 14:49   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Hopefully, this will also raise awareness and people will start demanding safer cars.
While the awareness is the need of the hour in our market, one particular idea of safe cars was totally shocking! Some dude who owns a BMW was saying he hits 200+ on his car regularly and nothing would happen to him if he crashed, since the car has countless airbags

On a positive note, even my less expensive Tigor seems to be built like a tank! One of the members in our regional group had an Innova crash into him and the car took the impact well.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 14:50   #2093
BHPian

The safety talk has surely helped Nexon.

I will not get into M-O-M or Y-O-Y growth as a lot of factors come into play but one thing is for sure, Nexon has hit the 5k mark only after getting a 5-star rating. This clearly shows that people are giving preference to safety.

However, one word of caution here: Knowing India's obsession with Maruti and its 'in general' hate for the Tata brand, i will still wait for a few more months before concluding. The numbers reported on a monthly basis are wholesales numbers (OEM to Dealer) and not retails (customer buy). May be (just may be), Tata is pushing wholesales to give out a message that Nexon is growing post the 5-star announcement, thereby making fence sitters consider the product more seriously. Whether the Retails are happening or not, will be clear in a couple of months. If retails are also happening, then Tata has hit a jack-pot (which i want it to).

Last edited by tarik.arora : 13th March 2019 at 14:53.
tarik.arora is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 18:36   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
What was the error code? Just clearing the error code means that it is being attributed to a momentary sensor fault/reading. It is more important to know why it happened and what should actually be done to prevent a recurrence.

Any course of future action is meaninglessness unless we understand what the magnitude of the problem is.

Probably a good time for you to purchase a cheap OBD Bluetooth connector and monitor+understand the fault codes. There's an entire thread on the technical section of the forum for guidance.

The error code was "invalid drive mode signal from EMS"

They flashed the EMS and things seem to be ok.
However, I have asked them to check the cold start problem tomorrow morning.

Let's hope all settles now.
Old 14th March 2019, 17:11   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Dec 2017 -- 4028
Jan 2018 -- 4917
Feb 2018 -- 4163

The January uptick maybe due to lesser production towards the year end, and operations resuming to normal in January. But, good to see it sustain in Feb too. Hopefully, this will also raise awareness and people will start demanding safer cars.
Wow Tata! Way to go! If you build a good enough product, the customers will flock to your showrooms in droves. The bad reputation built up is certainly fading. Now just take care of your customers well (and don’t delete more features!) Safety is the right way to go! Very nice to see a good safety score in this age of tin cans (are you listening, Maruti?)
Old 15th March 2019, 15:56   #2096
BHPian

Guys i have covered 7000 kms in my Nexon XZ+ Petrol in 10 months as its not my daily driver and while i was driving a few days ago i had to hear a voice command as soon the MID touched 7000 kms which said service is due. Is it really true that i have to get the car serviced after 7000 kms only and not 15000 kms as claimed by TATA. I already have gone through 1st 2 services and its only after i crossed 15000 kms or 1 year tenure i have to get my car serviced again and change the engine oil and other stuff. The service reminder went off after some km's of driving but the service reminder icon still shows. Is it a bug or am i missing anything here.

Also i would like to know what is the ideal tyre pressure for best drive quality in Nexon. The manual says 30 psi but when i checked it looked way too less than normal as if the tyres where not properly inflated. So i would like to know from actual users what should be the ideal tyre pressure. Personally i feel 34 or 34psi is ideal but i might be wrong.
Old 15th March 2019, 17:10   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Also i would like to know what is the ideal tyre pressure for best drive quality in Nexon. The manual says 30 psi but when i checked it looked way too less than normal as if the tyres where not properly inflated. So i would like to know from actual users what should be the ideal tyre pressure. Personally i feel 34 or 34psi is ideal but i might be wrong.
I used to keep the tyre pressure on my Brio 2 PSI higher than recommended. However after changing the tyre to 185/65 (original was 175/65) I started to keep the recommended tyre pressure. Not sure how it works for Nexon
Old 15th March 2019, 17:34   #2098
BHPian

My Car was delivered back from service. The SA said all due Analysis was done and EMS was flashed and software updated.
I started to drive the car and within 1.5km I got the same warning and the same knocking sound in the Engine. This now seems like a serious problem.
In a such a situation how should I go about escalating the issue?
Old 19th March 2019, 11:54   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
My Car was delivered back from service. The SA said all due Analysis was done and EMS was flashed and software updated.
I started to drive the car and within 1.5km I got the same warning and the same knocking sound in the Engine. This now seems like a serious problem.
In a such a situation how should I go about escalating the issue?
I am in process of escalating this issue through my network and Twitter.

Latest update from the Dealer is that there is a problem with the flywheel which is causing a timing issue which in turn is causing the Engine to Miss-fire. They are changing the flywheel and will be doing a long road test to see if it fixes the issue.
Old 21st March 2019, 17:41   #2100
BHPian

Guys, need quick help. I got a message from Concorde motors that they have a color and variant of choice at their other dealership. As per the VIN the car is Jan 2019 model.

1.Is it safe to go.
2. Apart from the usual, KM on ODO anything specific I should look out for to ensure they don't provide me a test drive vehicle

I asked them why this is lying since 2019 they have not provided any answers
Regards,
Aditya Niyogi

Most Viewed