Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2019, 18:46   #2101
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Guys, need quick help. I got a message from Concorde motors that they have a color and variant of choice at their other dealership. As per the VIN the car is Jan 2019 model.

1.Is it safe to go.
2. Apart from the usual, KM on ODO anything specific I should look out for to ensure they don't provide me a test drive vehicle

I asked them why this is lying since 2019 they have not provided any answers
Regards,
Aditya Niyogi
A month and half old car can hardly be called lying unsold. You have not provided color/varaint details either

Please go through the TBHP checklist shared elsewhere and its pretty solid to find any QC issues with the car. Good luck!

Last edited by akshay380 : 21st March 2019 at 18:47.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 18:54   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
A month and half old car can hardly be called lying unsold. You have not provided color/varaint details either

Please go through the TBHP checklist shared elsewhere and its pretty solid to find any QC issues with the car. Good luck!
Variant is xz+ Diesel and colour is Glasgow grey. I will go through the checklist for sure
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 19:18   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need quick help. I got a message from Concorde motors that they have a color and variant of choice at their other dealership. As per the VIN the car is Jan 2019 model.

It is better to wait and take delivery of the latest manufactured vehicle of your desired model/color. I booked a XM in February end and took delivery of a Feb manufactured vehicle last week.
Old 22nd March 2019, 08:42   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely no issues in going ahead with this car.
As long it is not a food item, 2 months is very short period .
It's the colour that matters.. go for it.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:51   #2105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As per the VIN the car is Jan 2019 model.
Jan-2019 should be fine. This should be after the enhancements for the 5-Star raing were incorporated.

Jan-2019 manufacture can mean that the car came to the dealer in Jan-end or early-Feb. A month or 2 is ok. My Storme was there for longer period than this at the dealership before I got it, but in all these years. I have not seen any problems due to this time difference.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:50   #2106
BHPian

Guys i had asked a couple of questions last week but not many were willing to help and support surprisingly being a public forum. Anyways i am copy pasting the same question again and this time i hope i will get some response. So below is what i had written last week.

'Guys i have covered 7000 kms in my Nexon XZ+ Petrol in 10 months as its not my daily driver and while i was driving a few days ago i had to hear a voice command as soon the MID touched 7000 kms which said service is due. Is it really true that i have to get the car serviced after 7000 kms only and not 15000 kms as claimed by TATA. I already have gone through 1st 2 services and its only after i crossed 15000 kms or 1 year tenure i have to get my car serviced again and change the engine oil and other stuff. The service reminder went off after some km's of driving but the service reminder icon still shows. Is it a bug or am i missing anything here.

Also i would like to know what is the ideal tyre pressure for best drive quality in Nexon. The manual says 30 psi but when i checked it looked way too less than normal as if the tyres where not properly inflated. So i would like to know from actual users what should be the ideal tyre pressure. Personally i feel 32 or 34 psi is ideal but i might be wrong.'
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:02   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Guys i had asked a couple of questions last week but not many were willing to help and support surprisingly being a public forum. Anyways i am copy pasting the same question again and this time i hope i will get some response. So below is what i had written last week.
Syed, I don't own a Nexon. So, I am replying to you based on my ownership experience from its cousin Zest. So, my reply may not be entirely correct.

I too had service reminder icon glow when I hit 15000 kms on the ODO. I had got it serviced few months earlier around 10,000kms. During the next service, the SA just pressed a combination of MID toggles and the icon went away. I suggest you ask your service center about the same for Nexon. I presume, its just a service due reminder. Nothing more.

Regarding, tyre pressure, again my experience is from Zest. Recommended pressure is 34 Psi. But when inflated to this pressure, the tires, particularly the front ones look a bit under-inflated. This is based on my 3 years of observation. However, I don't think this affects performance. Trying to increase pressure above 34Psi makes the ride bumpy/jiggly (particularly in low speed).

Hope this helps.
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:06   #2108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post

Also i would like to know what is the ideal tyre pressure for best drive quality in Nexon. The manual says 30 psi but when i checked it looked way too less than normal as if the tyres where not properly inflated. So i would like to know from actual users what should be the ideal tyre pressure. Personally i feel 32 or 34 psi is ideal but i might be wrong.'
Go down to 28-30 psi. The ride will be a lot more pliant. Currently your car would be bouncing. 32 psi only if you are regularly hauling 3+ people in the car.
These are 215 section radials so some ballooning is expected and desirable.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 18:14   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
My Car was delivered back from service. The SA said all due Analysis was done and EMS was flashed and software updated.
I started to drive the car and within 1.5km I got the same warning and the same knocking sound in the Engine. This now seems like a serious problem.
In a such a situation how should I go about escalating the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
I am in process of escalating this issue through my network and Twitter.

Latest update from the Dealer is that there is a problem with the flywheel which is causing a timing issue which in turn is causing the Engine to Miss-fire. They are changing the flywheel and will be doing a long road test to see if it fixes the issue.
The car came back after a long stint at the workshop. They found the reason of the trouble as the FLYWHEEL. Apparently, the flywheel was send faulty speed signals to the sensor which in turn was causing cascading effect of errors. The flywheel was changed and under instructions from TATA, the vehicle was sent to DELPHI TVS in Chennai for further checks.

The car surely feels different in a much better way, than when I took delivery. There was a mild shuddering on acceleration, which I dismissed as an inherent quality of the AMT. Now that's completely gone and the power delivery to the wheels feels tight and connected. I am hoping the car continues to perform trouble free. Thanks to everyone who had pitched in with their comments.
satyanu28 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 19:22   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Nexon Petrol XZA+ today . This was my first time with an automatic. Observations:

1. Having had test driven the grand i10 and freestyle recently this cabin felt from a different class and rightly so.
2. The test drive vehicle was from initial batch but couldn't spot any rattles as such. Hopefully this would hold up overtime.
3. Ride quality was great. Took it explicitly over potholes with wife in the backseat and she had no complaints.
4. Creep mode would be a boon in stop and go traffic.
5. The NVH was pretty well contained. Compared to my estilo, this was much better. In addition the superb audio system should keep the engine noise outside.
6. Rear seats are spacious enough for 3 average side adults.
7. Initially I had apprehension about the width of the car being a deterrent in city congested traffic but once inside it was no problem at all and that light-ish steering made maneuvers pretty easy.

Dislikes:
1. The headnod that I kept hearing or reading about all this while said hello to me right away. This would need some getting used to. The slight gap in between gear changes didn't help in confidence building while overtaking. But in sports mode it was much better as on kickdown it held the revvs past 5k RPM.

2. Creep mode doubles up as hill hold, which means it's pretty useless in decent inclines. But it should be manageable using handbrake or modulating brake & accelerator together. Tested this extensively on an incline close to home. But dedicated HHA would be better anyday.

3. The prices have gone up like anything. It's almost touching 10L ex-showroom for petrol dual tone AMT
4. Except for top variant rest seem pretty shortchanged. I mean rear wash-wiper like simple stuff should be made standard. All good to have and a few essential features(for my requirement) seem to be available only on top variant.

All in all loved the experience and now I wait for my parents to come down and give a nod on the rear seat comfort. I started off with a 8L budget and now this car is tempting me to extend it by almost 50%

Price list:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190323_185416.jpg

The strongest reason for considering Nexon
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190323_185811.jpg

P.S: As per SA no discount other than usual corporate discount(3k) and exchange bonus of 15k

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd March 2019 at 19:51.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 10:24   #2111
BHPian

I travelled in a Nexon yesterday and I am sharing some observations. Please keep in mind the following details of the car:
Variant: XZ+ (single tone)
Fuel: Petrol
Odometer reading: 7220 kms (approximately)

Observations:
+The interior quality was pretty good. The textures, materials and colours were applied well throughout the cabin.
+ The ground clearance left me impressed.
We were crossing a road filled with water. A Polo TDi struggled briefly and crossed it. We crossed the stretch without any problem.
+ The NVH was well contained at low speeds.
- The ride quality was a little disappointing. I have travelled in other Tatas and I was happy with the ride. Bumps are easily felt. The ride got unsettled even on minor undulations.
- There was a lot of side wards movement in the cabin. There were 3 of us in the rear seat and we were getting tossed around
- There were issues with fit and finish. The plastic surrounding the handbrake was not properly finished.
The silver dashboard insert was already scratched at places. I do not know how the vehicle was handled but this says a lot about the durability of the materials. (Note: They have a mischievous 9 year old kid )
- I found the sound quality adequate at low volume, not as impressive as it as been claimed.

Keep in mind that I had only travelled for about 40 minutes in the car. These are only my initial observations.
I hope this helps. Thanks!
@Mods: Feel free to edit or move this post.
artemis_fowl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 11:59   #2112
BHPian

I drove a Zoomcar Nexon XMA diesel on a trip to Orissa last week. I used it for 3 days, driving a total distance of 350 kms including a drive down the beautiful Puri Konark road, aka Marine Drive.

My last car was a Skoda Yeti and current one is the VW Tiguan so I have a fairly high benchmark when it comes to compact SUV's and I really wanted to see if the Nexon had what it takes.

Being an XMA which is a mid level variant the vehicle did not have alloy wheels or body coloured door handles and ORVM, but still looks quite nice.

The high set bonnet with the character lines running across its length looks great and the rear, though a bit over designed is well put together. Build quality is good and the doors feel heavy and shut with reassuring thump. The 5 star NCAP safety rating is clearly well deserved and kudos to Tata Motors for putting in this level of effort.

Once you get in the first thing you are struck by is the design of the dashboard with the entertainment unit placed above the swooping line of AC vents is very BMW like, before you jump on me, I am only referring to the design and not the fit and finish which is a whole other story.

The materials used are very good quality and certainly better than the bucket plastic you see in Marutis. Unfortunately Tata still has some distance to cover when it comes to putting it together. There are inconsistent gaps which takes away from the quality of materials used and that's sad because otherwise the interiors are a good place to be.

The seats are adequately comfortable, albeit a bit thin and the driving position is decent with decently spaced out pedals and enough space in the footwell for a decent sized dead pedal.

Now the engine is a 1.5 liter diesel developing 110 BHP with a six speed AMT. it has good power available from a low RPM and pulls cleanly, i would have preferred a manual transmission. Being used to the VW DSG, I just can't get myself to live with AMT gearboxes, due to their jerky nature.

The Nexon has 3 drive modes, ECO, City and Sport which can be selected via an unusually large rotary knob next to the parking brake. It is huge, I have a similar knob in the Tiguan which is far more compact. Eco mode was the smoothest though performance is dull due to the aggressive upshifts, in city and sport mode you can feel the jerkiness of the AMT. In sport the engine also gets noisy as the gearbox holds the revs before shifting. Performance however is adequate and the Nexon makes overtaking a breeze.

The ride like the build quality is another huge USP for the Nexon. It simply demolishes potholes and small speed breakers and the high ground clearance means you never have to worry about scraping the bottom even with a full complement of passengers and luggage. Handling is neutral and while it's not exactly a corner carver, it sticks to a line and understeers gently if you push it too much.

Now we come to the practicality, I saved this for last because I feel this is the only fly in the Nexon's otherwise fragrant ointment. Practicality is a key reason why people want to buy small SUV's and somehow the Nexon has really missed the bus in this aspect.

It is strictly a 4 seater, and rear leg space is at a premium. I am 6 feet tall and with the driver's seat set to my position the rear passenger had his knees dug into the front seat. Head space is good though despite the sloping roofline.

The boot is adequate, though the loading lip is high and the suspension struts intrude into the boot eating away space.

And finally, the door pockets are very narrow and useless. We had to keep all the water bottles in the back seat with one of them rolling off every once in a while. Personally I found this very annoying.

There is only one cup holder which is not very good and lot is space on the centre stack is taken up by the stupidly large drive mode select button.

Finally to summarise, the Nexon makes a compelling case for itself with a good frugal engine, excellent build & safety, great ride and good looks ( some disagree), and if you are someone with a small family let's day husband wife and a coupe of kids, it is a really good option if you can overlook the glitches of poor interior fit and the lack of space / practicality.

Personally I think it has enough going for it. Tata's have come a long way and I think more than anything else their approach to safety should be rewarded. It is a refreshing change, when the leading car maker is focused on making tin cans for profit ( my personal view).
shaktisarangi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 17:41   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
I ....

And finally, the door pockets are very narrow and useless. We had to keep all the water bottles in the back seat with one of them rolling off every once in a while. Personally I found this very annoying.
Just this one gripe, with what is an excellent overall summary. Each door, unlike many other cars, can actually take one one-liter bottle each, just that they are aligned diagonally and not straight. Maybe you missed this bit. Agree totally on the coffee holder though.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 22:33   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Just this one gripe, with what is an excellent overall summary. Each door, unlike many other cars, can actually take one one-liter bottle each, just that they are aligned diagonally and not straight. Maybe you missed this bit. Agree totally on the coffee holder though.

You are absolutely right, the door pockets can fit a bottle. I missed it completely, primarily because I am used to the Yeti and Tiguan which have a cut out for a bottle towards the front of the door pad and in this case the bottle has to be placed pointing backwards towards the back of the door pad.
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:03   #2115
BHPian

Hi Guys, need help,

I got news that Tata nexon price will be increased about 25K from April. Concorde says they will try to invoice in March and delivery in April, I told them to provide in writing which they have agreed. However its been 8 days I have booked and still don't have VIN number allocated.
Other dealer has red in stock though our colour of choice is Grey and red is just acceptable.
The problem is with increase in price we will have to pay the TCS as well. so the net increase will be higher than 25K.

Is it wise to invoice in March and wait for delivery or take what is in stock

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks