Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 19:12   #2176
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban001 View Post
I have a 2019 Nexon XZ+. Over the past month, I am facing issues connecting my phone to the ICE via Android Auto. I have tried with multiple USB cables. ICE screen keeps getting disconnected with an error message showing up on my phone "DemoKit Arduino Board - No installed apps work with this USB accessory". Could this be an issue with the firmware or my phone? SA will probably re-flash the firmware as was done once earlier for another issue. Before I go to him, wanted to check with forum members for any specific solutions to this problem ?
I too have the 2019 model. I have never faced such issue. Did you download the connectnext app from google store. Try it if you have not done
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:34   #2177
BHPian

Went through the thread and have seen a couple of posts of folks installing Subwoofers on Nexon. Can someone post a pic on how to take output from the HU? One issue that I've noticed is a slight jarring noise from driver's door when cranking up the volume. Planning to have it checked on the next service, hoping they don't damage the finish on the door panels.
Old 24th April 2019, 13:01   #2178
BHPian

Guys something really positive to share with fellow TATA Nexon owners. TATA has severely suffered due to lack of customer service or we can say the pre and post customer service has been really sluggish and poor from TATA in the past which has caused a severe dent to their reputation even when they made good cars but lately they have tried to fix those issues and the things are getting better for sure i guess. So here is one such example i am quoting below.

I received a call couple of days ago from a local TATA Service center to remind me about the 3rd free service which was due by next week. Usually in 3rd service oil change is mandatory and i asked them what should be the total service cost this time and to my shock i was told the total service cost will be Rs 5000/- as there will be oil change ,filter change and other basic checkups to which i told them its way too high and the cost should not exceed more than Rs 3000/- as confirmed by the TMSC app. They didn't have any answers there and told me this is the actual cost which will be incurred in 3rd service. I hung up the phone and started to think why on earth i am being over charged and started to get all those negative thoughts in my mind which has plagued TATA in the past.

To take it in good spirit i raised a complaint on TMSC app and wrote that i am being over charged unnecessarily for 3rd free service and i cant accept it. It was around 8 pm in the night when i sent the complaint and at 9 pm i received a call from an unknown number. To my surprise i was greeted by the GM of the Service Center against which i had raised a complaint. He asked me what was the actual issue and why did i raise a complaint. After explaining everything again he convinced me that the charges should be around Rs 3000/- and he will take action against the person who gave me wrong information. As per him the person who called me gave the maximum cost which will incur in case of any part replacement but on an average the cost should be about Rs 3000/-

I was really impressed by the quick action taken by TATA to resolve my complaint and it speaks volumes about the level of commitment they have started to put in to get things right. This is all what a customer wants and is looking for from any Company to make the customer feel comfortable and revert back quickly to resolve the queries. I would say Kudos to TATA for doing the needful and leaving no stone unturned to make the experience fruitful. As a matter of fact i haven't faced any issues so far from any TATA dealer in Srinagar so far be it buying a new car or post sales customer feedback and service so things are not that bad every where. Cheers and i would say proud to own a TATA Nexon.
Syed Monis is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 13:03   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Went through the thread and have seen a couple of posts of folks installing Subwoofers on Nexon. Can someone post a pic on how to take output from the HU? One issue that I've noticed is a slight jarring noise from driver's door when cranking up the volume. Planning to have it checked on the next service, hoping they don't damage the finish on the door panels.
Naveen, why don't you look at getting the doors damped? I got it done for my Tiago XZA, and it has made a significant improvement to the sound quality.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 13:31   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Naveen, why don't you look at getting the doors damped? I got it done for my Tiago XZA, and it has made a significant improvement to the sound quality.

Isn't Tiago door is already damped with some gray colored foam type material? I noticed that when the door pad of my Tiago XZ was removed to tight one screw.
Old 24th April 2019, 13:45   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Cheers and i would say proud to own a TATA Nexon.
I hope all of us get good service like you have received and we are able to convince people to change their perception of TATA
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 02:58   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Isn't Tiago door is already damped with some gray colored foam type material? I noticed that when the door pad of my Tiago XZ was removed to tight one screw.
It is, if you consider a thin and light kind of rubber sheet as damping. There is a huge difference between what was there and what I got installed. At least to me, the sound quality has improved a lot after damping.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 10:58   #2183
BHPian

Question to owners,

Anyone has figured the FE mystery of the Nexon diesel. The MID shows 17.5KMPL, Tankful to Tankful shows 14.5KMPL.

Funniest part is the range shown was 150KM with 2 bars in the MID and Trip of 423KM. By this calculation FE was 13KMPL with 44L tank.

However when I filled fuel, the tank took 29L which means another 15L was there. I always fill till auto-cut off from the same pump and dispenser and similar time, 8ish in morning.
Now with 29L for 423KM the FE is 14.5 KMPL. Just cant figure this out.
Also the Fuel gauge has 10 bars so each bar should represent 4.4L, however with 2 bars remaining I could fill only 29L (approx 15L in tank) that's huge variation.

I also lost 2PSI over 16 days I found this quite high, the loss was consistent across all tyres. The pump is about 800Mtrs from my place. Am running stock tyres

Last edited by aniyo : 25th April 2019 at 11:01.
Old 25th April 2019, 11:17   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Question to owners,

Anyone has figured the FE mystery of the Nexon diesel. The MID shows 17.5KMPL, Tankful to Tankful shows 14.5KMPL.

Now with 29L for 423KM the FE is 14.5 KMPL. Just cant figure this out.
Also the Fuel gauge has 10 bars so each bar should represent 4.4L, however with 2 bars remaining I could fill only 29L (approx 15L in tank) that's huge variation.

I also lost 2PSI over 16 days I found this quite high, the loss was consistent across all tyres. The pump is about 800Mtrs from my place. Am running stock tyres
After driving my Diesel Nexon for 14 months and 32k kms, i have realised that the FE shown on the MID is around 20% more than the actual FE. Measured the FE t2t multiple times and this equation stands true.

Individual fuel bars don't represent equal bifurcation. I don't read too much into them. On the tyres losing pressure, i encounter a similar rate. I don't think there is anything to worry.
Old 25th April 2019, 12:04   #2185
Senior - BHPian

Tata cars are notorious for inflating MID FE figures. For eg-
Our Manza used to show 14kmpl, reality was 12kmpl according to tankful method.
Our Tiago displays 18kmpl. Tankful proves it to be 15.7kmpl.
Even when I took Test drive of Nexon recently, the SA told me there is a variation of at least 3kmpl in Nexon MID and tankful figures. So, whatever MID shows you, safely assume real figure is at least 2.5- 3 kmpl less.

@tarik.arora - What is the FE you normally get within city driving with AC?

Last edited by harry10 : 25th April 2019 at 12:06.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 13:46   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

@tarik.arora - What is the FE you normally get within city driving with AC?
I drive between Noida and Gurgaon daily during not so crowded timings and i manage 17-18kmpl with AC. In winters, without the AC, i was constantly clocking 20kmpl. I mostly drive in the City mode and is generally not very harsh on the throttle.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 17:56   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
After driving my Diesel Nexon for 14 months and 32k kms, i have realised that the FE shown on the MID is around 20% more than the actual FE. Measured the FE t2t multiple times and this equation stands true.

Individual fuel bars don't represent equal bifurcation. I don't read too much into them. On the tyres losing pressure, i encounter a similar rate. I don't think there is anything to worry.
Same here in a petrol XZA+ for both FE and tyre pressure. FE in MID is highly optimistic and actual efficiency is easily 20% lesser. Tyres drop pressure within 10-15 days from ~29psi to ~23psi. My previous car's (Rapid) tyre pressure used to hold up for a month or so.

Last edited by nma83 : 25th April 2019 at 17:56. Reason: Typo
Old 25th April 2019, 20:28   #2188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Same here in a petrol XZA+ for both FE and tyre pressure. FE in MID is highly optimistic and actual efficiency is easily 20% lesser. Tyres drop pressure within 10-15 days from ~29psi to ~23psi. My previous car's (Rapid) tyre pressure used to hold up for a month or so.
A couple of questions here.
How do you find the reliability of petrol engine?
Has anybody tried to find out the reason why the tyre pressure drops?

Usually for idle vehicles that is true but when the vehicle is driven on daily basis it is not so bad.

With Hyundai Venue at doors, my old question of buying an SUV has surfaced again and this time the competition is between Venue and Nexon, of course petrol. With Venue going to be expensive, I am looking at Nexon with a fresh start and will decide when Venue is actually launched.
Old 25th April 2019, 21:10   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
A couple of questions here.
How do you find the reliability of petrol engine?
Has anybody tried to find out the reason why the tyre pressure drops?
Well, the engine has not given me any trouble over the 8 months of ownership. But it is not as fuel-efficient as I would like it to be, given the power delivery is not all that great. The AMT spoils the package for me. The shifts are somewhat unpredictable, especially between 1st and 2nd gears upshift and downshift. So it leaves you powerless for a second during upshift, or does a very late jerky downshift at times when you least expect it to.
Not investigated the tyre pressure drop much.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 21:48   #2190
Senior - BHPian

Came across a post on facebook regarding an accident involving Nexon and Ciaz, in which Nexon rearends the ciaz. Ciaz suffers major damage while Nexon comes out literally unscathed.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_201904252141162.png

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_201904252141022.png

Source. Has a video as well
AkMar is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks