Team-BHP - Tata Nexon : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Nexon : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/191396-tata-nexon-official-review-156.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarik.arora (Post 4611691)
I don't think you should be worrying much. The situation is not as bad as you think. Let me narrate an incidence for you:

Before my Nexon, i had a Zest XMA for 3 years and 95k kms.

Thank you for sharing. Sorry for being off topic. Just out of curiosity , were you having an automatic zest ? The AMT one ? If yes , that would make it one of the highest mileage AMT cars in the forum.

agree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by padmrajravi (Post 4611702)
Thank you for sharing. Sorry for being off topic. Just out of curiosity , were you having an automatic zest ? The AMT one ? If yes , that would make it one of the longest run AMT cars in the forum.

Yes, i had the Zest XMA (Diesel-AMT) which i bought in Feb 2015 and sold in January 2018 after using it for 95k+ kms.

The car was in pristine condition and could have run for a couple of more years. The plan was to keep it for 5-years but then i saw the Nexon and the rest is historystupid:

Quote:

Before my Nexon, i had a Zest XMA for 3 years and 95k kms.

Superb mileage in just 3 years mate! Hats off. And wish you many more with the solid Nexon that builds on the X1 and takes it to near legendary heights.

Quote:

I have a thumb rule that i do not delay issues relating to tyres, brakes, steering, and electrical as the risks involved are beyond the vehicle.

Change that thumb rule a wee bit. There shouldn't be any list of items. Just do not delay any issues relating to anything about the car. Cars are prone to butterfly effect / chaos theories & 1 think often leads to next. So don't delay absolutely any issue at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4611554)
Go for Nexon petrol any day considering the ride quality, seat comfort, GC and build quality. Pain point (just in case) could be service quality as of today (it is improving but will take time) for complex issues. Hyundai/Maruti wins there :)
Had to settle on Tiago due to budget constraint but otherwise I had finalized on Nexon Petrol XM over Elite I20 Sportz Petrol.

I have Booked Nexon XZ+ Glasgow Grey. I am expecting it to be delivered in July 1st week because I have opted for new VIN due to recent minor changes in interior.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThilakNex (Post 4610742)
I own a Nexon XZ+ and would like to share a strange phenomenon happening in my car since I have changed my headlamp unit because of fog accumulation issue (even though the issue didn't get resolved.)

Thanks to Saurabh Gupta for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

I had the same issue. I recorded a video of this and showed it to the Tata Service Center. They updated the BCM, post which I never faced this issue again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4614385)
Thanks to Saurabh Gupta for sending this information in.

Thanks Saurabh Gupta and GTO for sharing this valuable information.
Even I insisted on BCM update since the one I had was faulty one (No auto door lock on vehicle movement). I just got the pale answer from the SA(Concord motors, Dairy circle, Bangalore) that they have not received any fix for this faulty BCM. Can someone please help me with the latest BCM version number? and also Is there a way to check the current BCM version?

Quote:

I don't think you should be worrying much. The situation is not as bad as you think. If there is an issue with the BCM / harness, it will be replaced under warranty. I have a thumb rule that I do not delay issues relating to tyres, brakes, steering, and electrical as the risks involved are beyond the vehicle.

Missed your suggestion somehow. Thanks for detailing.
I completely understand not to ignore any issues when it comes to car. But I rarely had feel-good experience when it comes to giving the car for servicing at TASS.
Last time I had an issue with the headlamp where the mist used to form after driving for an hour during the night. Took it to TASS asked them to replace since they couldn't identify the issue from last 2 visits. At the end of the day, I was shocked to find my XZ+ car headlamps were replaced with lower end Nexon headlamp. Service adviser noted this after I pointed it to him. SUch professional they are nowadays.

Even this time I pointed out this right side lamp unit issue which is occurring after 2 hours, he just plainly asked me how shall we replicate issue!! He wants to simulate the condition (probably by driving my car for 2 hours in the night) to understand the issue and fix it. It's kind of impossible for me to imagine these guys behind my cars steering for 2 long hours!!

The temporary fix he did was to tighten the ground wires (In his words)!! after which light is getting switched off within 1 n half hour!

It would be really helpful if you can suggest an expert in TASS around Bengaluru who is capable of fixing such electrical issues.please:

Got my nexon's seat covers installed . I opted for Genous brand art leather covers with white thread diamond stitches.

More pics here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenn...ml#post4619957

Tata Nexon : Official Review-fb_img_1562930519409.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-fb_img_1562930521870.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-fb_img_1562930540884.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-fb_img_1562930542929.jpg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-fb_img_1562930545587.jpg

After 5 years of reading each and every car review on this forum took the plunge and became a Proud Owner of the Nexon . A big thanks to this forum for enabling me to take a proper decision as I was surrounded with lot of confusion. Hopefully it will serve me well without any issues.

The first Glimpse
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_8234.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-576ca4823ba64b109988f9d9abf5b00d.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaseer (Post 4620405)
After 5 years of reading each and every car review on this forum took the plunge and became a Proud Owner of the Nexon .

The first Glimpse
Attachment 1893806

Attachment 1893807

Congrats, the car look nice in red. I too wanted in Red or Blue but wife refused. Finally settled for Grey.
Yours is Petrol or Diesel

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyo (Post 4620412)
Congrats, the car look nice in red. I too wanted in Red or Blue but wife refused. Finally settled for Grey.
Yours is Petrol or Diesel

Thanks. Grey looks Class Indeed.

Mine is Petrol XZ+

Went yesterday for the inspection of Nexon XZA+ before sending it to registration on Monday, went smooth. it has come with Bridgestone Turanza, was thinking of getting changed if it had come up with MRF or Goodyear. I am happy with the tyre.

So I had a look at the updated interiors and features. Rear AC is certainly welcome.

However I simply didn't like the new glossy black door grab handles. The previous satin chrome looked far more premium and certainly matched better with the rest of the palette.

I can't think of any other reason but cost saving for this change. I'm really unhappy about this. Previously it matched perfectly with the dash trim also. Now we have a black - oh also on the steering wheel by the way - which matches with absolutely NOTHING peacefully in the cabin.

PS - Why am I this unhappy? Because this happens when I am expecting my Nexon by August clap:
It started off as a purchase of a Safari Storme before it got discontinued. But the superb handling and fun drive of the Nexon during TD simply won me over from the truck to a CSUV. Still undecided between white and glasgow grey...please:

Hi everyone

Can Anyone help me decode the following VIN : MAT627163KLD18421. As per me its April 2019 manufacturing. From what I know, the new features( Rear AC blower etc) were introduced from June onwards. The dealer( Auto Vikas, Dwarka), is trying to play smart by saying this has been allocated by Tata etc. Although I've told him we will not accept this car, but please suggest what could be the course of action?

Thanks
Famulyguy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Familyguy (Post 4622223)
Hi everyone

Can Anyone help me decode the following VIN : MAT627163KLD18421. As per me its April 2019 manufacturing. From what I know, the new features( Rear AC blower etc) were introduced from June onwards. The dealer( Auto Vikas, Dwarka), is trying to play smart by saying this has been allocated by Tata etc. Although I've told him we will not accept this car, but please suggest what could be the course of action?

Thanks
Famulyguy

Yes, VIN number suggests that it is April'19 manufactured. Speak openly with the dealer that you need the updated model. If he tries to play smart, change your booking to a different dealer. If you are not keen on the updated features, you could bargain further and try to strike a deal. Win-win for both.