Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2019, 12:30   #2341
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Nexon's engine starts in the same mode that was selected when it was turned off. This is unlike some other cars which move to the default driving mode after a restart (we prefer Tata's implementation).
Yesterday I experienced that my Nexon did not start in the same mode in which it was turned off. It started in city mode whereas it was turned off in Eco mode and I think I have seen this happen for the first time.

(the last service was back in late April/early May)
Old 17th July 2019, 12:33   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Yesterday I experienced that my Nexon did not start in the same mode in which it was turned off. It started in city mode whereas it was turned off in Eco mode and I think I have seen this happen for the first time.

At least in the AMT, it always starts in City mode.
Old 17th July 2019, 12:37   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

Have you turned the knob after shutting off the engine? I used to see this if my kid turns the knob after shutting off the engine.
Old 17th July 2019, 13:22   #2344
BHPian

Thanks for the confirmation!

Just heard back from the dealer. He acknowledged that the car is April manufactured. First he got a piece of my mind that while giving the test drive he sold the new features to us and then delivering a pre update car. But you know how the SA's are thick skinned. Anyway, he said the June/July manufactured model will be delivered 10 days after the intlitially proposed delivery date ( 19th July). When I asked him why the delay, he said "Tata is clearing off the old stock so everyone is getting pre update models and the June manufactured models will only start arriving next week."
I think he's bluffing again, can anyone confirm if they got the post update models recently?

Thanks
Familyguy
Old 17th July 2019, 16:15   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post

Just heard back from the dealer. He acknowledged that the car is April manufactured. First he got a piece of my mind that while giving the test drive he sold the new features to us and then delivering a pre update car. But you know how the SA's are thick skinned. Anyway, he said the June/July manufactured model will be delivered 10 days after the intlitially proposed delivery date ( 19th July). When I asked him why the delay, he said "Tata is clearing off the old stock so everyone is getting pre update models and the June manufactured models will only start arriving next week."
I think he's bluffing again, can anyone confirm if they got the post update models recently?

Thanks
Familyguy
If at all you want to go with old stock, ask for huge discounts. Not necessarily the new features are required for everybody. But a huge discount on older model plays a big role, no matter how thick skinned the sales people are.
rajivtelang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 11:15   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
At least in the AMT, it always starts in City mode.
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Have you turned the knob after shutting off the engine? I used to see this if my kid turns the knob after shutting off the engine.
No. It did not happen that way. I am curious why this may be the case then.
Old 18th July 2019, 11:26   #2347
BHPian

Nexon petrol produces peak torque 170 Nm at what rpm? 1700 or 2000? (The sooner the better). also, I am thinking of XZ model. Do you think alloy wheels really worth having instead of stock steel wheels? What's the impact on mileage with alloys vis a vis steel rims?
Old 18th July 2019, 21:47   #2348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Nexon petrol produces peak torque 170 Nm at what rpm? 1700 or 2000? (The sooner the better). also, I am thinking of XZ model. Do you think alloy wheels really worth having instead of stock steel wheels? What's the impact on mileage with alloys vis a vis steel rims?
The difference would be pretty negligible in mileage. I think while the steel rims are also 16", the tyres are narrower by a bit. In theory it would mean lesser rolling resistance and better mileage. But in real world the difference wouldn't really be felt on the pocket.

Do check the tyre specs of XZ. If they are not same as XZ+, use an online tyre spec tool and check if the sidewall and overall diameter of the XZ tyres is shorter/smaller. That would mean firmer and harder ride on bad roads.

The real reason I'd go for the XZ+ aren't the alloys but the rear defogger+washer-wiper. For any hatchback/SUV/Coupe, its a must have for places with rain and mud like India on roads. It makes a huge difference in safety and is worth the money in my opinion.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 09:26   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Even though this video from Dehradun was shared on the forum even before,

I'm sharing it again, as Tata Motors is now advertising it as a show of strength for the Tata Nexon all over the country along with the 5* Safety Rating achieved in the Global NCAP. Great way to advertise I think!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tatanexon.jpg

Link to the news article

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 19th July 2019 at 09:27.
AdityaDeane is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 16:50   #2350
BHPian

TataMotors rolls out the 100,000th Nexon from its Ranjangaon plant⁦.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon.jpg
arungeorge is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 17:04   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Even though this video from Dehradun was shared on the forum even before,

I'm sharing it again, as Tata Motors is now advertising it as a show of strength for the Tata Nexon all over the country along with the 5* Safety Rating achieved in the Global NCAP. Great way to advertise I think!

Link to the news article

A tree crashed on my Nexon on July 11, 2019. No doubt Tata Nexon is stronger than Maruti and Hyundai cars. However, you will be surprised to know why and how my car was holding such a huge and heavy tree.

Let me see the reactions on my car from people before I upload additional pictures and video and react on the above Tata's clip about safe car.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon1.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon2.jpg  

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th July 2019 at 18:39. Reason: Removed video from quoted post for readability.
Pulse500 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 18:08   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
A tree crashed on my Nexon on July 11, 2019. No doubt Tata Nexon is stronger than Maruti and Hyundai cars. However, you will be surprised to know why and how my car was holding such a huge and heavy tree.

Let me see the reactions on my car from people before I upload additional pictures and video and react on the above Tata's clip about safe car.
It's sad seeing what happened to your vehicle. Is the car holding the whole tree or the branches are stuck on building.?

Last edited by arungeorge : 19th July 2019 at 18:15. Reason: spelling
arungeorge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 19:20   #2353
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Well, the tree doesn't seem to be resting on the car at all. Most probably, leaning against a building which prevented a complete fall on the car. You are lucky!
Old 20th July 2019, 02:49   #2354
BHPian

So this happened today. I parked outside for the night, and nearby cows seem to have been offended. My neighbour luckily saw and managed to chase them away, but the damage was already done. I just wanted to know guys, will insurance help with replacing these panels? I've taken comprehensive with tata aig.

TIA.
Sent from mobile
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190720_013627.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190720_013632.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190720_013645.jpg  

Rohit Manohar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 05:18   #2355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post

Thanks
Familyguy
Thank you for sharing this.

I have booked Orange + White dual tone (XZ+) (Petrol) on 11/07.
But they are now saying its production is delayed to beginning of August and that delivery may be later than that. They will offer Orange ST that they have after painting it white at the top by themselves they say. I think it is a little older batch and I am not happy with getting it dealer painted. I also don't know if it is allowed as per RTO rules. I am getting the feeling that they are trying to sell stock at hand which may be a little old.

I am keen on Grey as an alternative. But people at home are concerned about the safety issues of Grey colour though we avoid too much of night driving intercity / out of town. But the white line along the sides and back is good, plus we can opt for extra chrome in front and the door handles as accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks