Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th July 2019, 12:30   #2341
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Nexon's engine starts in the same mode that was selected when it was turned off. This is unlike some other cars which move to the default driving mode after a restart (we prefer Tata's implementation).
Yesterday I experienced that my Nexon did not start in the same mode in which it was turned off. It started in city mode whereas it was turned off in Eco mode and I think I have seen this happen for the first time.

(the last service was back in late April/early May)
avingodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 12:33   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Yesterday I experienced that my Nexon did not start in the same mode in which it was turned off. It started in city mode whereas it was turned off in Eco mode and I think I have seen this happen for the first time.

At least in the AMT, it always starts in City mode.
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 12:37   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

Have you turned the knob after shutting off the engine? I used to see this if my kid turns the knob after shutting off the engine.
knaveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 13:22   #2344
BHPian

Thanks for the confirmation!

Just heard back from the dealer. He acknowledged that the car is April manufactured. First he got a piece of my mind that while giving the test drive he sold the new features to us and then delivering a pre update car. But you know how the SA's are thick skinned. Anyway, he said the June/July manufactured model will be delivered 10 days after the intlitially proposed delivery date ( 19th July). When I asked him why the delay, he said "Tata is clearing off the old stock so everyone is getting pre update models and the June manufactured models will only start arriving next week."
I think he's bluffing again, can anyone confirm if they got the post update models recently?

Thanks
Familyguy
Familyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 16:15   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
Thanks for the confirmation!

Just heard back from the dealer. He acknowledged that the car is April manufactured. First he got a piece of my mind that while giving the test drive he sold the new features to us and then delivering a pre update car. But you know how the SA's are thick skinned. Anyway, he said the June/July manufactured model will be delivered 10 days after the intlitially proposed delivery date ( 19th July). When I asked him why the delay, he said "Tata is clearing off the old stock so everyone is getting pre update models and the June manufactured models will only start arriving next week."
I think he's bluffing again, can anyone confirm if they got the post update models recently?

Thanks
Familyguy
If at all you want to go with old stock, ask for huge discounts. Not necessarily the new features are required for everybody. But a huge discount on older model plays a big role, no matter how thick skinned the sales people are.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 11:15   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
At least in the AMT, it always starts in City mode.
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Have you turned the knob after shutting off the engine? I used to see this if my kid turns the knob after shutting off the engine.
No. It did not happen that way. I am curious why this may be the case then.
avingodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2019, 11:26   #2347

Nexon petrol produces peak torque 170 Nm at what rpm? 1700 or 2000? (The sooner the better). also, I am thinking of XZ model. Do you think alloy wheels really worth having instead of stock steel wheels? What's the impact on mileage with alloys vis a vis steel rims?
spr1ngleo is offline   Reply With Quote