Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 13:21   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Went and took a TD of the nexon. Actual purpose was to drive the Storme to convince the missus as being the next buy. The TD vehicle was the top spec diesel, and it was a really nice place to be in. I liked the standard equipment and the fit an finish overall. Sitting in the driver's seat, I was half convinced to pick it up, but when I saw the rear seats and the boot, it was dropped by my wife herself. The boot looked only slightly larger than the fiesta, and with the child seat in, there were bound to be a lot of kicks from my boy. In the tucson, he is still not able to reach the front seat's back.

Also, the ride IS a bit harsh, especially after I drove the storme. The exact same bumps were felt quite obviously inside. Of course, the Storme is close to double the price of the nexon, but still, no one has ever accused the safari of being the pinnacle of refinement.
With the space constraints and the ride quality, I dropped it. However, my dad is completely convinced about it, and I felt it was a good car for him. It will need side-rails though.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 09:15   #227
BHPian

Spotted a blue Nexon in Cyber towers parking, Hyderabad. It looked damn small, but stunning. I was very much disappointed with that diesel engine sound. Very horrible to hear.

Pics source: Respective owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-wp_20171031_08_56_30_pro.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-wp_20171031_08_58_14_pro.jpg  

Old 31st October 2017, 09:19   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
It looked damn small, but stunning. I was very much disappointed with that diesel engine sound. Very horrible to hear.
Your views are correct - when you see it from the outside

Yes, size is compact from outside. But get in, and check it. My take - 90% fo Creta for 60% of the price. Similar internal space, boot space almost same, more power / torque, etc etc. I wonder where did the Creta's extra 27 cm length disappear !

Noise from engine ? It wont matter once you are inside and windows rolled up.
condor is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 09:40   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
...It wont matter once you are inside and windows rolled up...
hahaha. Pretty much the line I used to sell a Toyota Qualis to a customer comparing it with an attractive looking Scorpio about 14 yrs ago.

On a serious note, I reckon a lot must have gone into Sound deadening which could have also added weight. no?

Last edited by 14000rpm : 31st October 2017 at 09:41.
Old 31st October 2017, 10:05   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was very much disappointed with that diesel engine sound. Very horrible to hear.
How was it different from any other diesel? More gruff, clattery? What was the issue?
Old 31st October 2017, 10:17   #231
Senior - BHPian

Looks like blue is the popular color. Spotted 2 blue Nexon on my way to office (3 km drive) and both were blue. Single tone blue looks bad, and looked very compact.
Old 31st October 2017, 10:19   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
How was it different from any other diesel? More gruff, clattery? What was the issue?
I heard more clatter in this engine. As I do not drive a diesel engine, I can not comment against the opinion of other diesel engine owners here.

Last edited by Hickstead : 31st October 2017 at 10:24.
Old 31st October 2017, 10:25   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard more clatter in this engine. As I do not drive a diesel engine, I can not comment against the opinion of other diesel engine owners here.
Which is perhaps why a perspective would help.
extreme_torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 11:04   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I heard more clatter in this engine. As I do not drive a diesel engine,...
That would be the key. Looks like you have not noticed the note of the engines in an Innova.

Diesel engines will have the clatter. May be a Hyundai or a Merc may have it less.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 20:52   #235
BHPian

https://www.thrustzone.com/jd-power-...sales-service/

Good to see TATA improving in after sales! Ranked top three.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 21:07   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post

Good going. But the actual perception amongst public (read non owners) on ground will take much longer time to change. That's how the market behaves. To some extent they themselves are to be blamed for this.

Nonetheless they are doing commendable job and I see them as a major challenger in Indian automobile market.

Last edited by S.MJet : 31st October 2017 at 21:11.
Old 31st October 2017, 22:19   #237
OSH
BHPian

With due respect to all our reviewers of the current Tata offerings, can we now have the negative points about Tata's after-sales under What you won’t like changed/removed ?

Mods/Reviewers please don't take me in the wrong sense, I know how much thought and hardwork goes into our reviews but this point is still present in all Tata reviews even though Tata has improved and up'd the ante.
Quote:
Tata Nexon's review : Tata's inconsistent after-sales experience is far from that of Maruti & Hyundai
Quote:
Tata Hexa's review : Tata's after-sales service remains a hit or miss
Quote:
Tata Tiago & Tigor reviews : Tata's after-sales experience remains a gamble. Service quality is far from that of Maruti & Hyundai
I feel that now with so many positive first hand ownership reviews/feedbacks from Tata owners regarding sales/services, TeamBHP should be the first ones to recognise the efforts of Tata Motors. Again saying this, please don't get me wrong. It was just a thaught that came to mind after I read that they share 2nd position with Maruti Suzuki in the J.D. Power rankings for customer service index study.

Anyone else who thinks alike ?
OSH is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 00:08   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post

Anyone else who thinks alike ?
Yes, I agree with you. We had a swift previously and now a Vento and a Tiago. So comparing the after-sales service of Volkswagen and Maruti, except for the price difference (which, i think is okay considering the duration and bigger diesel engine), there isnt much difference.

People say, if you have some issues with Maruti service, you only need to write/call the customer service and all will be sorted out. Actually this is same with every other manufactures.

Only difference is what action is taken after that. But i had the positive experience with both maruti and VW customer care.

Now we have a new Tiago with 9k in the odo and it was due for second service. Earlier there was a paint job done in the rear bumper and it was not upto the mark. So this time asked them to do it properly. This was said casually to the SA and the car was send to paint shop after the regular service works. No major hassles or word exchanges.

So yes, i think they are in line with others.

Last edited by jithudigitised : 1st November 2017 at 00:10.
jithudigitised is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 07:13   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
With due respect to all our reviewers of the current Tata offerings
I think your ask has been voiced by many members recently but I don't think much has changed in official reviews. Sometime back I had asked if this was based on any data - because Tata motors was getting good rankings in JD POWER after sales ratings. Don't recall getting a clear answer.

The issue is beyond the car market itself. Its more to do with the herd mentality of the Indian buying population. If you look at any product segment where the top player has a clear majority in sales, people rarely complain about deficiencies in such products. Because the human mentality is that - if a product is so popular - and If I am the one complaining about it - Maybe something wrong with me - so let me keep quiet. That way, many issues don't get reported.

Whereas, if there is a product that doesn't sell much - if you claim you are happy - most people will think you are an IDIOT because you probably are not demanding enough from the product and hence not cribbing.

However, there is a clear trend in increasing issues that are being reported on after sales service of Maruti and Toyota ( the pillars of reliability and after sales service in the Indian auto industry - no sarcasm here and full credit to how they have built that reputation ).

At the end of the day, the larger car buying public is getting more and more aware and has multiple sources of information. The TEAM-BHP reviews ( although being a benchmark in the industry ) are but one data source for the car buying population.

As Tata cars become more desirable and service intervals less frequent, some buyers atleast will realise that the product means more than the after sales itself ( which in my view, currently carries a higher weight-age in a buyer's mind )
narayan is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 10:30   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post

My personal experience was related in the ownership review of a Tiago XZ I wrote and put up almost 11 months ago. The sales, delivery, after sales service and general response to problems has been markedly positive. I think with the Tiago they have made a real effort and this shows in their newer cars and the JD Power ranking is the proof.

All car companies have dealers who are below par and sales persons etc who still do not imbibe good customer service practices. This is changing fast as competition keeps increasing.

However, we should keep on giving an accurate status of what we experience.
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks