Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 10:12   #2386
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post
I Got delivery of new refresh VIN Nexon Xz+ on 18th July 2019 after lot of follow up with dealership. I have chosen Glassglow grey colour. in last 10 days I have driven car about 600 Kms and achieving fuel effieciency of 14.5 Kms in city and highway mix.
Congratulations on your purchase. I have now had it for 4 months and 4800 Km and very satisfied till now.

The FE is as per MID? it is very notorious to be off mark by a large margin. Not sure if they have corrected the same in newer models. Do a T2T to confirm
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 10:32   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
I Got delivery of new refresh VIN Nexon Xz+ on 18th July 2019 after lot of follow up with dealership. I have chosen Glassglow grey colour.

Can you please share a few pics of the interior to give us a better idea of the changes in the refresh version?
Old 29th July 2019, 11:19   #2388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I Got delivery of new refresh VIN Nexon Xz+ on 18th July 2019 after lot of follow up with dealership. I have chosen Glassglow grey colour. in last 10 days I have driven car about 600 Kms and achieving fuel effieciency of 14.5 Kms in city and highway mix.
Congratulations! Wishing you & your family infinite safe & happy miles with the Nexon! Glasgow Grey sure is the best colour on this car. Thats the one I had selected when I booked. Changed it to Calgary White at the final payment - simply because my 9 year old Vista was also Cavern Grey & if I replaced it with a Grey Nexon, people mostly would ask "Are you giving sweets for foam washing & polishing your old car after 9 years?"

Yeah indeed - please if you could, post some pictures of the interior changes - rear AC, rear power socket, black door trims etc. And that FE is for the diesel or petrol? Good numbers!

I'm expecting my diesel XZ+ some time next week now. Asked for the refresh one as the rear power socket & AC are certainly worth. I'll live with the ungainly black trims...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
The FE is as per MID? it is very notorious to be off mark by a large margin. Not sure if they have corrected the same in newer models. Do a T2T to confirm
Actually over the last few updates of the software I think they have fixed it quite a bit and now a days its reported to be off by about 1-1.5 kmpl compared to T2T. Although my information is based on long term review videos on YouTube. MotorOctane etc.

Last edited by Reinhard : 29th July 2019 at 11:25.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 21:34   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm expecting my diesel XZ+ some time next week now. .
I am really in a dilemma whether to go for petrol or diesel. I am well aware of when to go for petrol or diesel. My only grouse is turbo lag and low end pull in NexonP. Moreover, bs6 diesel will hit the roof once the compliance kicks in. Given that diesel and petrol price difference is around 10/- per litre, it still makes a lot of sense to go for diesel bs4, if I intend to keep it for the lifetime of vehicle. Your opinion please. TIA.
Old 29th July 2019, 21:48   #2390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
I am really in a dilemma whether to go for petrol or diesel. I am well aware of when to go for petrol or diesel. My only grouse is turbo lag and low end pull in NexonP. Moreover, bs6 diesel will hit the roof once the compliance kicks in. Given that diesel and petrol price difference is around 10/- per litre, it still makes a lot of sense to go for diesel bs4, if I intend to keep it for the lifetime of vehicle. Your opinion please. TIA.
If the premium you pay for the diesel engine upfront over petrol doesn't bother you, then diesel hands down. The diesel Nexon is surely more fun to drive. If you want to enjoy your driving experience, go for the diesel.

The price must play a part though. The petrol Nexon is simply insanely VFM. And for the money you pay, its fun enough too!!

I have driven diesels for too long a time. Its not an option for me to go to petrols anymore. Once you are addicted to the low rpm torque and clatter, hard to go away

Best thing would be to TD both petrol and diesel back to back and pick the one that gives you the most fun.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 10:30   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
I had posted on this few pages back. I reiterate if your monthly is about 1000-1100/month, diesel still makes sense.
Petrol will not give more than 10-10.5KMPL in city and Diesel one can achieve 14.5-15 without much effort.
I get anything between 14.5-15.2 (14-19 KMPH) in city.

There will always be 2.5-3 Rs/km difference between Nexon diesel and petrol

Last edited by aniyo : 30th July 2019 at 10:32.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 22:30   #2392
Vmv
BHPian

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...nfirmed-413642

Nexon EV is official now. Autocar link
Old 31st July 2019, 06:41   #2393
Senior - BHPian

With Nexon EV being announced, it does look like Automakers will offer their bestsellers in Electric avatar. If it is electric I would look for the completely reimagined car, (dedicated space for batteries etc). Rather than a hurried retrofit. Tata Motors is also backward integrating into Batteries manufacture (under Tata Chemicals) and in a massive way. There were reports of a Rs 3000 crore investment.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 09:11   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I had posted on this few pages back. I reiterate if your monthly is about 1000-1100/month, diesel still makes sense.
Very true. Lately, i have been giving similar advice to people looking for a car in the compact SUV segment. Take any petrol car in this segment and you will not get over 10 kmpl in typical city conditions. Whereas, diesel will give you about 14-15 kmpl. Taking today's petrol price of INR 73 in Delhi, per km cost will be ~INR 7.5. On the other hand, per km cost for Diesel will be ~INR 4.5. There is a massive INR 3 difference between both. Now, let us do some number crunching for a 5-6 year ownership period:

a) Initial price difference: 1.25 lacs (on-road price taken from car wale)
b) Interest cost: 31k (5 year loan, 9.2% ROI)
c) Difference in insurance premium: ~4k per year i.e. 24k for 6 years
d) Difference in service cost: ~5k per year i.e. 30k for 6 years

Just add up the above extras that you pay for Diesel (there could be other minor additional expenses that i have not considered), the total would be ~INR 2.1 lacs. To break-even, one will have to drive 70k kms in 6 years, which is just 1,000 kms per month. Anything above is pure saving.

*Note: I am assuming same resale value for both the fuel types because of the negativity around diesel.

People might argue that i have not considered the 10 year ban on diesel vehicles and the overall negativity around this fuel type, which i believe is a personal choice as it is very difficult to assign monetary value to this. No one knows what will happen in 6-7 years from now. The way government is moving towards electrification, even petrol cars may get devalued a bit in the next 6-7 years.
tarik.arora is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 09:32   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
The way government is moving towards electrification, even petrol cars may get devalued a bit in the next 6-7 years.
I feel this to be a little too far fetched. Ev adoption in US itself is very low. I think it will take us the next decade to make ev affordable and develop the entire eco system to support it. Sorry for going
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 10:38   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Diesel is an addiction, my friend. I don't know anyone who is happy after moving to petrol (from Diesel). The effect when you floor the beast is really something, and the electric KONA did give me that torque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
People might argue that I have not considered the 10-year ban on diesel vehicles and the overall negativity around this fuel type
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 10:50   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
I feel this to be a little too far fetched. Ev adoption in US itself is very low. I think it will take us the next decade to make ev affordable and develop the entire eco system to support it. Sorry for going
I completely understand this aspect and i was just explaining the worst case scenario. Personally, i am of the opinion that even diesel cars are not going anywhere for the next 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Diesel is an addiction, my friend. I don't know anyone who is happy after moving to petrol (from Diesel). The effect when you floor the beast is really something, and the electric KONA did give me that torque.
Again, completely agreed. I was just looking at the financial aspect of this decision. Not everyone weighs diesels on their ability to offer heavy torque at low rpm's. For many, the decision is purely financial and my post was aimed at them.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 11:39   #2398
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT & specifically only for Bhpians in Pune. Sorry.

Anyone in Pune looking to buy the Nexon - I have been to all TML dealerships in Pune and its the National Autowheels Hadapsar that is the best in sales service & in getting good offers and discounts without any fuss right now. Especially very good in case you are looking to exchange your existing car. Their valuation won't offend you.

PM me and I will share the contact details of their sales team lead & he is a wonderful person to deal with. Good communications, passionate & committed about his job & really knows about cars for a change. So far all my previous experiences have been with people selling cars but not knowing a dime worth about them. Its a pleasant experience to deal with this person from onset.

Location may be a huge turn-off for most of Pukenars. I myself stay in Kothrud. Bafna is 5 minutes from my home & Concorde Baner is 15 minutes. Yet I cut the deal easily at National - without a single visit to the showroom at all! Now thats not something we generally associate with Tata Motors' sales is it?

Last edited by Reinhard : 31st July 2019 at 11:49.
Old 31st July 2019, 21:09   #2399
Senior - BHPian

Big changes on its way. Nexon is coming with sporty steering that has a flat-bottom, is leather-wrapped and will have cruise control. Horn has moved to the sides. This news (update) has pumped in a lot of excitement among the Nexon forums.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_3761.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 21:10   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Upcoming Tata Nexon to get new features; Spotted without camouflage before official launch

Name:  Screenshot_20190731210538.png
Views: 4850
Size:  479.6 KB

Quote:
The car has already been spotted testing on the Indian roads a few times and recently, the car was spotted without any camouflage. Even the front of the upcoming vehicle has not been seen yet, the pictures do show a few new features of the Nexon.

The uncamouflaged pictures of the Tata Nexon show the rear end of the vehicle. There are no major changes in the cars spotted. The rear-end remains identical to the current version of the vehicle. However, a few changes can be spotted inside the cabin. Since the competition has become quite aggressive in the segment and Tata wants to keep up in the sales chart, new features will be added to the facelifted version.

One of the two major feature updates is the cruise control system. It is likely to be launched with the top-end trims of the car. Cruise control is an important feature and many of the competitor’s vehicles offer it in the segment. The addition of the cruise control will make the Tata Nexon a highlighted vehicle in the segment. The second feature that we could spot in the pictures is the automatic headlamp setting. This is becoming a common feature in the affordable cars in the Indian market too. Even this feature is likely to be available only with the top-end trims of the vehicle.

Other than these two additional features, the layout of the dashboard remains the same. Even the floating-type infotainment system remains identical to the current version of the car. There are no other visible changes in the vehicle from the pictures that we have spotted. It is likely that Tata may change the front-end of the vehicle by a little to keep it fresh in the market. Tata may use the IMPACT 2.0 design language to update the Nexon, however, the design will not add a split headlamp set-up to the car. The front-end of the vehicle has not been spotted for a single time yet.
Name:  Screenshot_20190731210913.png
Views: 2282
Size:  533.2 KB

Source
AdityaDeane is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks