Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2019, 07:55   #2431
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

A year and half back when I went for this swap, my friends called me crazy (it was 9K a tyre). Since BS tyres were good and much better than GY. Then I posted the realisations here and told all and sundry, and now it is no longer frowned upon. The Michelins are the best upgrade on an already stellar car. Recently I got the car 'Ceramized' so the tyres got some love too. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
You should consider to swap them with Michelin Primacy right away.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_2460.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 13:18   #2432
BHPian

How safe is the Tata Nexon?

"I am not really sure how things would have turned out had it been a car of a make other than Tata’s." - Animesh Thakur.

Read his full story here.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190805_131513.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190805_131451.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190805_131430.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190805_131408.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 15:16   #2433
BHPian

Mod Note: Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2019 at 16:24.
Old 5th August 2019, 16:29   #2434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
2) Since the time of purchase, the area marked in the pic.below had a brown mark, something like rust in the middle .....
Requesting members to comment if this is normal.
The pic in this link showing the brown part looks from a car that has been driven a bit. The non-brown part is where the disc has been used.

The surface rust on the disc is normal, and can even appear on the part of the disc that has been used (during normal braking process) when you leave the car standing for a few days. Such surface rust will be removed again when the brakes are applied during running.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 18:17   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
How safe is the Tata Nexon?

"I am not really sure how things would have turned out had it been a car of a make other than Tata’s." - Animesh Thakur.
So this guy, drove the Nexon that turned turtle several times, got it repaired, patched up, started driving again, and then managed to repeat the feat after just 3 months?

I think he is the luckiest unlucky driver indeed. Lucky he has a Nexon, unlucky because that's twice he ended up in similar situation within a gap of 3 months.

Its good advertisement for Nexon, but will this introduce more dare-devil drivers than what we already have on the road?
dragntailonfire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 06:41   #2436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post
I think he is the luckiest unlucky driver indeed. Lucky he has a Nexon, unlucky because that's twice he ended up in similar situation within a gap of 3 months.
Considering he actually dozed off at the wheel, its not just bad luck. Thank god he didn't bang into oncoming traffic! It could have been tragic also.

Nepolean would sure not have made this gentleman a general!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 09:19   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragntailonfire View Post

Its good advertisement for Nexon, but will this introduce more dare-devil drivers than what we already have on the road?
This guy reminds me of a gentleman with a Luxury car, he told me his salesman told car will survive any crash thanks to lot of airbags, so he often hits 200+ km/hr on the highway We are at the peak of intelligence.
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 10:20   #2438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
They initially told me that this is normal. However on insisting that the other Nexon did not have this mark they said they’ll work on the same. They took a ‘Wurth’ labelled can and were about to do some treatment when i had to move out to attend an extended important call. While I returned, the work was over and following is how the rim looks now. Requesting members to comment if this is normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
looks from a car that has been driven a bit. The non-brown part is where the disc has been used.

The surface rust on the disc is normal, and can even appear on the part of the disc that has been used (during normal braking process) when you leave the car standing for a few days. Such surface rust will be removed again when the brakes are applied during running.
My Nexon is also having same issue, The connection between disc and the wheel is where rust along with small portion of disc. Have to get it checked during 1st service, its like this from day one, thought it will go off after driving, but since there is no touch point of brake or anything its not going off.
Old 6th August 2019, 10:40   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My Nexon is also having same issue, The connection between disc and the wheel is where rust along with small portion of disc. Have to get it checked during 1st service, its like this from day one, thought it will go off after driving, but since there is no touch point of brake or anything its not going off.
Mine has been there from day one as well and it has not gone since last 4 months. Don't expect to go either. Service teams says its fine no issues on that, I am skeptical though. I had got it from KHT motors where did you get your car from
Old 6th August 2019, 11:12   #2440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Mine has been there from day one as well and it has not gone since last 4 months. Don't expect to go either. Service teams says its fine no issues on that, I am skeptical though. I had got it from KHT motors where did you get your car from
Don't worry about it. I used a Vista with the original discs from factory manufacture without replacement for 9 years.
And by the way - the same brake pads also. 67k kms.

It had the exact same rust pattern at the center on the surface. It never changed in its density/colour or intensity.

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th August 2019 at 11:26.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:27   #2441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Got it from Concorde motors mysore road. Have to check during 1st service.
Old 6th August 2019, 12:30   #2442
BHPian

Trip to Chennai. Nexon Diesel XZ+
Total distance covered: 850KM
Total trip FE: 17.5KMPL
Bangalore to Chennai FE: 19.8KMPL (Average speed 75KMPH)
Chennai to Bangalore FE: 15.5KMPL (Average speed 88KMPH)
Fastag used throughout.

Left Bangalore at 6:30 from Shell Bellandur. The car has good stability on the highway and the music system keeps one happy. Few times I felt it would have been good to have a sedan for the fantastic highway and then Bangalore gets me back to reality.

fastag is such a boon, cover tolls in less than a minute most of the time and 2-3 minute on heavy jammed tolls.
Drove pretty fast enroute to Chennai and maintained 110-130 for a good period of time. Car felt stable and no hiccups. Taking long turn at speed posed no issues. Had to slow down when going up or down a flyover that's it. Ride quality is very good on highways.
Steering is weighted well and provides confidence and feel.

Drove in Chennai for 60-70 KM. So much better than Bangalore.

Chennai to Bangalore drive was crazy and covered the whole journey in just about 4 hours including Breakfast. Don't want to mention the speeds, the highway FE for diesels speaks volumes.

Very happy with the purchase. No regrets.
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:52   #2443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The connection between disc and the wheel is where rust along with small portion of disc.
There will be surface rust in that part of the disc where the pads do Not touch the disc. Typically a small section of the disc towards the inside. This is normal.
Old 6th August 2019, 13:53   #2444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
There will be surface rust in that part of the disc where the pads do Not touch the disc. Typically a small section of the disc towards the inside. This is normal.
Its not just the disc, but the 10mm length which joins the wheel, disc i am not worried, but the iron part which comes after the disc, as seen in the pic.
Old 6th August 2019, 14:17   #2445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its not just the disc, but the 10mm length which joins the wheel, disc i am not worried, but the iron part which comes after the disc, as seen in the pic.
For the last time. I have checked the pic again. This surface rust is normal. This the part of the disc that is not in contact with the brake pads.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks