Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 15:09   #2506
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post
Hi Guys,

I own a Nexon XZ+ and would like to share a strange phenomenon happening in my car since I have changed my headlamp unit because of fog accumulation issue (even though the issue didn't get resolved.)

Whenever I drive the car continuously for more than 2 hours in the night with headlamps on, all of a sudden at some moment right side of the tail lamp goes off along with below additional lights
  • right side DRL
  • backlit of right-hand side window controls
  • backlit of steering mounted controls
  • backlit of button array which has foglamp switch and boot opener button

and when I switch off the engine, switch off the headlamp and turn the headlights on after 30 secs everything is back and works perfectly fine for next 2 hrs or so.

Can anyone shed light upon this mysterious issue? I am going to get the car serviced in the next 2 days and I am in a real dilemma whether to mention this issue at the service center or just learn to live with it. Because this issue cant be reproduced at the service center(unless they drive the car for 2 hours with the headlamp on) and I have trust issues with TATA service guys as I am very sure they will induce much more serious problem while rectifying this issue.

Your suggestion will of great help.
Apologies for bringing the old issue back.

The reason I am posting it here again is yesterday I saw one more Nexon XZ+ running with the same issue on road. Probably driver didn't even notice that his car has the issue. Quite natural since people sitting inside can hardly notice the tail lamp going off that too randomly after 90 to 120 mins of continues usage of the headlamp.
It has become a habit for me to monitor the backlight of steering mount after 1 hr continues usage, once it switches off(Indicator that tail lamp has gone off), I park my car aside, switch off the engine and headlamps and switch it on again. Everything will be fine for next 1 hr or so.

I request everyone to monitor the lightings after 1 and a half hr of usage. There is a high chance that your car too might be having this issue and went unnoticed!!

Here is the pics for reference just to show how odd it looks for others outside the car

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190629wa000301.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20190629wa000401.jpeg
ThilakNex is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 16:04   #2507
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Apologies for bringing the old issue back.

The reason I am posting it here again is yesterday I saw one more Nexon XZ+ running with the same issue on road. Probably driver didn't even notice that his car has the issue. Quite natural since people sitting inside can hardly notice the tail lamp going off that too randomly after 90 to 120 mins of continues usage of the headlamp.
I had seen this during the launch of Tata Nexon. I was taking a video of the Nexon in the Nexon skill arena in Kolkata. After I had posted the video people commented about the headlight going off for a second or so. But in that case it was just a flicker and the light came back immediately. If you watch at 1 min 42 sec of the video you will see it -

BlackPearl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 16:44   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I request everyone to monitor the lightings after 1 and a half hr of usage. There is a high chance that your car too might be having this issue and went unnoticed!!

Here is the pics for reference just to show how odd it looks for others outside the car

Attachment 1906559

Attachment 1906560
Thanks for sharing the images!

I can confirm that I have seen at least four different Nexons on the road where either one of the DRLs and/or the tail lights were out. I can't comment if its the same issue but it seems to be a fairly common and widespread issue.

Last edited by ashis89 : 19th August 2019 at 16:46.
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 19:20   #2509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
By "problem", you mean the burning smell in the cabin ? If yes, are you pretty sure even NexonP suffers from this issue? asking because i have seen many people reporting this problem in TigorP, but none about NexonP. TIA.
Yes, I am taking about the burning smell issue here.
Have seen few posts on this thread, hence had to see if they at lease have sorted it on their most successful car in recent times.
Old 19th August 2019, 20:22   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
After I had posted the video people commented about the headlight going off for a second or so. But in that case it was just a flicker and the light came back immediately.
Oh Yes, that headlight blink is clearly visible. This seems to be a loose wiring issue and moreover in my case thankfully headlight doesn't go off. It's limited only to right side DRL and tail lamp and it never gets on by itself. Thanks for sharing the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Thanks for sharing the images!

I can confirm that I have seen at least four different Nexons on the road where either one of the DRLs and/or the tail lights were out. I can't comment if its the same issue but it seems to be a fairly common and widespread issue.
Thanks for confirming. Yes unless one drives continuously without a break for more than 90 mins with the headlight ON, this issue can easily hide itself from getting noticed by the owner.
ThilakNex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 21:13   #2511
Senior - BHPian

Dear Nexon owners, kindly answer this.

This guy from MotorOctane states that Nexon's front indicator bulb is not replaceable. If true then . He is saying that we have to change the entire headlamp assembly instead. It's actually unbelievable.

Please watch the following video from 1:15 onward.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 22:24   #2512
Senior - BHPian

Specially abled car enthusiast overcomes challenges to drive the Tata Nexon

Source

Quote:
As automotive enthusiasts, we love driving/riding cars and bikes and it is one of the most pleasurable experiences to enjoy. What we forget to notice and take for granted is the fact that most of us are fortunate enough to operate a vehicle without facing any serious issue. Jayesh, however, has a different story to tell. Like us, Jayesh is also an avid motoring enthusiast but unlike us, he can’t pursue his passion in the easy way we enjoy. As per the story published on WheelBhp, Jayesh lost control of both his legs when he was just 6 months old due to Polio. This didn’t deter him from following his passion though as he is currently a proud owner of a Tata Nexon and loves to drive his vehicle. So how does he do that?

The Nexon he drives has been fitted with special equipment that helps him drive the car easily. A resident of Kasargod, Kerala, life wasn’t easy for him with respect to his passion for cars. When he was 18 years old, he rode a scooter but the authorities weren’t really in his favour even though he tried to get special approval for his driving style. According to Jayesh, things were quite hard in the beginning as the response from the authorities was demotivating but he did try hard to find his space in the crowd.

He then purchased a Maruti Suzuki Alto and added special disabled friendly equipment to help him drive the car. His latest pick is the Tata Nexon which according to Jayesh offers better comfort, power, and safety as well. On why he chose the Nexon as his new daily drive, Jayesh said

“I really don’t want to take more risks in my life. I love to drive 10 long hours a day, and I want to make sure I own a safe car. I love the comfort, safety features and the noise-free drive in my Nexon”

His Nexon, which is the automatic transmission variant, comes fitted with a specially designed lever that aides in controlling the footwell controls by hand. A lever topped by a knob had been attached to the car’s accelerator and brake. When pushed, this lever acts as the accelerator and when pulled, it acts as the brake. Though it takes a bit of practice, it becomes normal after a point of time.

To get his vehicle approved, Jayesh got himself a letter issued by th Authority Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI). He then had to approach the local RTO with this letter to make this process completely legal. His plan now is to drive from Kasargod to Bhutan (approximately 7,000km to and fro) to inspire people. A hat tip to Jayesh from us and we wish him luck for his future endeavours.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20190819222122.png

Name:  Screenshot_20190819222134.png
Views: 3961
Size:  639.0 KB
AdityaDeane is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 22:24   #2513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Nexon owners, kindly answer this.

This guy from MotorOctane states that Nexon's front indicator bulb is not replaceable. If true then . He is saying that we have to change the entire headlamp assembly instead. It's actually unbelievable.
Its actually quite believable I think. Many cars have that bulb in a sealed housing. IIRC it wasn't replaceable in the Vista either.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 23:13   #2514
BHPian

Few days back my buddy celebrated his 7th month Birthday and was giving him a complete wash and love all by myself and he was looking smart as usual. I took him outside and something strange happened which left me heartbroken. I was travelling to a nearby place in NH and suddenly out of nowhere i saw a crack in the front windshield. Immediately I parked at the roadside and found that a very tiny stone had hit the glass and the impact of it resulted in cracking the glass and the impression of it was clearly visible. I immediately contacted Concorde Motors service centre, Ambattur, Chennai and they advised that the stone would have hit at very high speed from any speeding Lorry or bus and it can replaced under Insurance and have to pay around 2000 bucks from my pocket. Still, I wasnt satisfied with their answer and on the Quality of the Glass and thats mainly because of my previous experience with my Ford Fiesta(10+ years of ownership).

Surprisingly Few Nexon owners too reported in the Whatsapp group about the Glass being broken and contacted them for some assistance about the insurance coverage. I filled out the insurance forms and claim was raised(TATA AIG) and I assumed that everything will end up in a smooth manner and was waiting for their call to get it delivered before Aug15th. I didnt get any positive answer from them and after repeated calls, they said that the replaced glass seems to be BROKEN! How Annoying it could be at the other end to hear this?! They have removed the broken Glass and fitted the new part and while testing it they found that it is Broken.. How can something go wrong again with a new part? Are they covering up something or the quality level of Glass is low? God knows! Registered complaint via TMSC app and routed to the same service centre and I have no other choice but to hear the same answer from them.

Though am proud to own a Nexon, am really fed up with their quality of service provided(not only with respect to this incident.) CRM/CRO's are so lethargic (or over burdened?) and even the Escalation POC too behaves in the same manner.

TATA customers believe their product and its quality by ignoring all the bells and whistles that other manufactures are providing and its everyone's expectation to repay them by addressing all the service related issues and having atleast a decent ownership experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-83bddebf23a74ffd8725091eb6adbb53.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-189becf9aa9f420c82dbb092922d72d4.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_3155-1.jpg  

Johnnny is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 06:44   #2515
Senior - BHPian

A very valid post and it connects with me because my friend suffered a stone hit and Concorde replaced the glass. During the rains, (he was in Kerala) it started leaking from the joints. So he rushed back to Bangalore. They re-did the entire seal!!!. For a broken windshield, I'd go straight to Windshield Experts who have won my trust with their professionalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
replaced glass seems to be BROKEN!
Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 08:50   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
A very valid post and it connects with me because my friend suffered a stone hit and Concorde replaced the glass. During the rains, (he was in Kerala) it started leaking from the joints. So he rushed back to Bangalore. They re-did the entire seal!!!. For a broken windshield, I'd go straight to Windshield Experts who have won my trust with their professionalism.
Absolutely right! Any OEM service centre is not competent enough to handle broken glasses. A subject expect like "Windshield Experts" is the one to look for. They even help with cash-less claims.

On the glass quality, i am kind of divided. My Zest's windshield once cracked because of heat (i park in open) but on my Nexon, things are fine till date (1.5 years, 40k kms).
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 11:27   #2517
BHPian

Just another irritant and I believe this is very specific in my case. One of the remote keys went kaput over the weekend, think the battery in it that was dead and that too within the first week. Presently working with the other remote but a little bit worried when it would also go wrong. In contrast my other Toyota and Honda key fobs are going strong even after 7 years.

Another question to ask in the forum: even though all the payments were cleared by 31st July, I took delivery of my car on August 10 (the invoice date is August 8). Will the extended warranty, discounts and maintenance benefit apply in my case? The showroom guys were non-committal during the delivery and vaguely stated that they will let me know. Today I got a call from Tata Motors specifically asking me what was the discount offered to me. Please advise what needs to be done from my end.
Old 20th August 2019, 11:40   #2518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Just another irritant and I believe this is very specific in my case. One of the remote keys went kaput over the weekend, think the battery in it that was dead and that too within the first week. Presently working with the other remote but a little bit worried when it would also go wrong. In contrast my other Toyota and Honda key fobs are going strong even after 7 years.
Looks like a one-off. My previous Tata key battery lasted 9 years. Perhaps the battery supplier made a mistake in the dispatch or a quality issue at Hitachi/Maxell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Another question to ask in the forum: even though all the payments were cleared by 31st July, I took delivery of my car on August 10 (the invoice date is August 8). Will the extended warranty, discounts and maintenance benefit apply in my case? The showroom guys were non-committal during the delivery and vaguely stated that they will let me know. Today I got a call from Tata Motors specifically asking me what was the discount offered to me. Please advise what needs to be done from my end.
The offers generally apply on the date on which the car got allotted for registration on your name. Ask them for the allotment note from Tata motors. It has details of chassis & engine number, your name, mobile number etc & date of allotment. If that happened in July - the offers won't apply to you. You can still try to discuss with your SA. But since the car is already delivered, he'll not be obliged to do a lot for you.

This was also the case with me. My delivery happened in August & so was the final invoice. But allotment was July & I got only the July offers & not the much better August offers. I'm not bothered about it at all though as I'm too busy enjoying the daily 55kms drives that are returning consistent 22+ kmpl without drop.

Last edited by Reinhard : 20th August 2019 at 11:41.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 11:50   #2519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Surprisingly Few Nexon owners too reported in the Whatsapp group about the Glass being broken and contacted them for some assistance about the insurance coverage.
Sorry to hear about the broken windshield and the bad experience with TASS. Hope things sort out soon for you. Growing complaints of bad service at TASS is burning the goodwill that Tata has rightfully earned in the past few years. With the automobile slowdown going on, things can only go further south for Tata unless they straighten their service centers.

Good (or even excellent) vehicles portfolio can't guarantee success in the market unless the accompanying service is not up to the mark. We are seeing the likes of Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi, Fiat and even Ford(in the past) losing the customer favor due to bad service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
On the glass quality, i am kind of divided. My Zest's windshield once cracked because of heat (i park in open) but on my Nexon, things are fine till date (1.5 years, 40k kms).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
A very valid post and it connects with me because my friend suffered a stone hit and Concorde replaced the glass. During the rains, (he was in Kerala) it started leaking from the joints.
Sorry for going OT.

I see frequent posts on newer models in the market being very susceptible to windshield crack from stone hits or even heat. And we are seeing multiple instances of such newer cars, across brands. Some that I can quickly remember are Nexon, Crysta, Ertiga, Swift, Jazz and more.

My friend has a 3 year old Jazz and has gotten the windshield changed twice due to 2 different stone hits. On the other hand, my WagonR has had numerous stone hits in the past 8 years but no damage till date. Last weekend, I was driving to Chennai and some kids playing by the highway threw ~ 3 ft stick towards my car. I must be doing 80-90 kmph and didn't have any time to react at all. It directly hit bang in front of the driver side of windshield. I was shaken but since there was no damage at all, I continued driving.

Now my question, are the OEMs using thinner glasses in the new gen cars? Is it to save weight and/or cost?
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 13:50   #2520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

Now my question, are the OEMs using thinner glasses in the new gen cars? Is it to save weight and/or cost?
It could be the design and curve of the glass in modern cars which are susceptible. Earlier cars had simple design and body also used to be mostly straight line design.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks