Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2019, 12:21   #2551
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Can't be 18k
I also paid about 18000 for the first year without NCB; one only needs to get a quote from outside and tell the sales team to match it. They usually match like in my case.
Old 25th August 2019, 12:45   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Just another irritant and I believe this is very specific in my case. One of the remote keys went kaput over the weekend, think the battery in it is dead and that too within the first week. Presently working with the other remote but a little bit worried when it would also go wrong.
Well, well, well!!! Couldn't resist self- quoting and there is actually more to the story...

On Friday, the other key started behaving erratically and the car also showed the key warning in the dash. Could not lock the car from outside but the car started fine. I took no chances, called the dealership and they asked me to come there with the car and both set of keys. Now, when the car was delivered I was given two key fobs and two metal keys which are supposed to be put inside these key fobs. However due to their callousness and my insurmountable ignorance/stupidity, these metal keys were never put in the key fobs and were safely kept at home. Once I went in, they put in these metal keys in the fob. Now it was found that in one fob, the battery is dead and needs to be replaced and the other one is fine and I am currently using it.
Now my question is how could these two key fobs work for a week each without the metal key being inserted in them? I asked the dealership guys the same question and their response was 'chal raha tha sir, kya bolen'. Now does this mean any Nexon key fob would allow one to drive the vehicle without the metal key authentication? In that case, its a serious safety breach.
Optimistically, I am assuming that key fob code is authenticated in the ECU for a particular vehicle and that allowed the vehicle to be driven so far. The vehicle also does not start if the key is outside the car compartment. I guess the absence of metal key has drained the key fob battery since it must be constantly seeking its presence.
Anyways, lesson learnt but unless the latter explanation is right, I would be worried about the anti-theft mechanism of the vehicle.
Inquisitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 12:51   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Now my question is how could these two key fobs work for a week each without the metal key being inserted in them? I asked the dealership guys the same question and their response was 'chal raha tha sir, kya bolen'. Now does this mean any Nexon key fob would allow one to drive the vehicle without the metal key authentication? In that case, its a serious safety breach.
AFAIK, metal key has got nothing to do with security. It is just a backup in case your keyfob dies while you are out and you have to open the car with the physical key. This is how it is in keyless entry systems from what I have observed.
Old 25th August 2019, 13:14   #2554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
AFAIK, metal key has got nothing to do with security. It is just a backup in case your keyfob dies while you are out and you have to open the car with the physical key. This is how it is in keyless entry systems from what I have observed.
Since the Nexon key fob has a dedicated slot for insertion of metal key, I assume you are implying that the slot is meant only for its keeping and no additional authentication and its the key fob alone that is sufficient in terms of security.
In that case, two fobs each dying within a week of use is very unusual, to say the least.
Old 26th August 2019, 08:33   #2555
BHPian

Hi All,

I test drove the Nexon Diesel XZA+ last week and was highly impressed by the overall package and at the price point offered in the current market.

But one point, I feel my Grande Punto (8yrs old and 1.4 Lakh kms) has a better driving dynamics and infact all the cars i test drove in the last couple of weeks (EcoSport, Kicks etc.) haven't given me the same level of support / exp.

Am i being biased here or is it really that Punto offered a much better driving exp over its peers back then.

Would really like to listen to your experience and if someone has had a Punto earlier that would be like an icing on the cake.

Regards
Saurav
Old 26th August 2019, 11:51   #2556
BHPian

Hi All, I had a question.
Nexon MID is pretty basic and does not give out much info.

I am very interested to know the average speed for the drive and other useful info and create a log for the same.
Problem with using Android auto are,
1. I am unable to find the average speed and time for the trip if i remove the cable, like if I break for food. The average speed is now calculated from the point of break and not the whole trip
2. I am not able to log the data.

Is there any app that I can use for the same. I currently use Drivo app to log refulling data. I was hoping if we have any app that can use average speed and time plus additional data fro drives.
Old 26th August 2019, 11:58   #2557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hi All,

Would really like to listen to your experience and if someone has had a Punto earlier that would be like an icing on the cake.
Aah.. been there in your shoes around 3 years back when I bought Elite i20 and gave Punto to my driver for daily chores. Believe me it is seriously hard to get the Punto feel and dynamics in the cars offered on sale these days. It took me good 4 to 6 months to digest the Elite instead of Punto as my daily driver.

However, today I think of it as a good decision, majorly because of the frequent drives in the city traffic where light steering is just a breeze with good ergonomics. Driving my Punto today seems tough to me with its hydraulic steering and weird ergonomics. Do not worry, once you drive a lighter vehicle, you will soon realise the pros you have traded yourself in for.

Coming to the Nexon, since my close friend has one (XZA) Diesel, he is pretty happy and praises about the car a lot. The price point at which Nexon sells is complete VFM.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 12:16   #2558

Got my XZA+ petrol ECU and infotainment system firmware updated. The ECU is now updated to OA05 from OA04 and the infotainment was updated to version to R15.10. Can anybody confirm if these are the latest versions?
From what I can feel, the shifts seem to have become a bit smoother. I still feel the shift from 1st to 2nd is quite late even in Eco mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190821_171926__01__01.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190823_151847__01__01.jpg  

G.Harry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 13:22   #2559
BHPian

Posting query on behalf of a friend.

Has anyone found a good centre arm rest to be fitted in Tata Nexon XM? I have searched online and the results do not seem good in quality. Is there a option available which has been somehow missed by me? Or if someone is aware where one can have a good custom job done according to their need in Delhi/NCR.
Old 26th August 2019, 13:36   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_30 View Post

Has anyone found a good centre arm rest to be fitted in Tata Nexon XM? I have searched online and the results do not seem good in quality. Is there a option available which has been somehow missed by me? Or if someone is aware where one can have a good custom job done according to their need in Delhi/NCR.
You can try the Carhatke website. I checked and the Nexon armrest seems to be available. I ordered it for Tiago from them and am happy with the product for the price.
civic-dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 14:03   #2561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_30 View Post

I would suggest this when it becomes available again on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
You can try the Carhatke website. I checked and the Nexon armrest seems to be available.
This is the one that Civic-DK has suggested: http://carhatke.com/car-armrest/carh...for-tata-nexon
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 15:27   #2562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
I would suggest this when it becomes available again on the website.

This is the one that Civic-DK has suggested: http://carhatke.com/car-armrest/carh...for-tata-nexon
I recommend to go with carhatke. I have bought one for my Tiago and works fantastically. Advantage with them is you do not have to drill holes. It is slide and fit type. It is broad enough (even for tiago) so that both driver and passenger can put their arms at the same time easily.
What I understood is they have armrests for different cars. I had bought mine at some 1300/-. It may not have the best finish as the ones found on aliexpress.com for other cars but gels very well with my Tiago NRG's complete black interior.
Old 28th August 2019, 08:59   #2563
BHPian

Dear BHPians, quoting the Nexon user manual:

"Unleaded gasoline conforming to Anx-IV-N GSR 84(E) for
Domestic and Petrol unleaded RON95 EN228 for export is rec-
ommended to be used as fuel. It is always recommended to
use correct fuel to get optimum emission performance."

Can anyone please confirm that most of the state oil companies sell such unleaded gasoline? Last time when I spoke to JTP executive, he recommended petrol from shell for tigor JTP. Not sure if that's applicable to Nexon as well. TIA.
Old 28th August 2019, 09:37   #2564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear BHPians, quoting the Nexon user manual:

"Unleaded gasoline conforming to Anx-IV-N GSR 84(E) for ...

Can anyone please confirm that most of the state oil companies sell such unleaded gasoline?
That is basically a annuexure to BSIII norms for further "refined BSIII" that was made mandatory around October 2010 with an overlap of rollout of BSIV emissions norms. It defines the emissions control figures for the fuel.

In all cities and most towns you'll by default get BSIV fuel now, not even this. So don't worry - fill up at any well established bunk anywhere without worry. The engine is okay with petrol from any oil company as long as it is not adulterated.

Basically the same care to be taken as any other run of the mill car on the roads. Nothing different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Last time when I spoke to JTP executive, he recommended petrol from shell for tigor JTP. Not sure if that's applicable to Nexon as well. TIA.
He was being a bit too cute I'd say. Its not required. Even in a JTP its fine to fill up any petrol from a reliable bunk. He was recommending Shell presuming the probability of adulteration at Shell is lesser. Also makes the JTP appear that much more advanced & premium. "We recommend Shell". Nothing else.

Absolutely no problem in filling any clean petrol from any brand. In the JTPs or in the Nexon. Don't worry.

So I guess you got your Nexon P then? Which variant did you get? Or you have already posted and I missed!?

This is generally what I have seen (Purely my experience. Many may disagree) -
  • Bharat Petroleum - Cheaper, slower acceleration (lesser power output), most mileage.
  • Indian Oil - Highest price of all state refineries. Quick power delivery, louder engine note, least mileage.
  • Hindustan Petroleum - Sweet spot. Balanced power delivery & mileage. Engine smooth too.
  • Shell - Best of all worlds but that much more premium pricing in most places & lowest availability cover.
Old 28th August 2019, 10:27   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Please try Reliance diesel. It's good. Essar is as good as Shell. I stick to BP Diesel from COCO purely because, the Service Head asked me to avoid Shell, (since it has performance additives). I'm happy with BP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Bharat Petroleum - Cheaper, slower acceleration (lesser power output), most mileage. Indian Oil - Highest price of all state refineries. Quick power delivery, louder engine note, least mileage. Hindustan Petroleum - Sweet spot. Balanced power delivery & mileage. Engine smooth too. Shell - Best of all worlds but that much more premium pricing in most places & lowest availability cover.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed